Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hit me with that bomb cyclone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

this is the most fun tweet WaPo has ever put out

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I'm a goon, of course I hate crowds. As I get older my hermit qualities start taking over. You're probably right though. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes.

Also, how the gently caress are you all getting 1-1.5 g of protein per lb of bodyweight while still cutting calories? Good god it's hard to do with calorie light meals. I'm struggling to hit 160g per day and that's still 30g off.

Climbing crowds ain't bad from my experience. Better ones typically will help and new ones are looking to have fun. Ever climbed before?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I'm a goon, of course I hate crowds. As I get older my hermit qualities start taking over. You're probably right though. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes.

Also, how the gently caress are you all getting 1-1.5 g of protein per lb of bodyweight while still cutting calories? Good god it's hard to do with calorie light meals. I'm struggling to hit 160g per day and that's still 30g off.

And yeah, after getting my sufficient protein from that I pretty much just have a medium dinner of low calorie veggies.

Even with that I do intermittent fasting during the work week because I drink on the weekends. It's the only way I can maintain a weekly calorie deficit.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Getting a grill and temp controlled chest freezer was the worst thing for my diet in a long time. All summer long, non-stop burging and beers. I only maintained my current weight by skipping lunch at work :rip:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Master Stur posted:

Getting a grill and temp controlled chest freezer was the worst thing for my diet in a long time. All summer long, non-stop burging and beers. I only maintained my current weight by skipping lunch at work :rip:

Swap the beers for liquor and you're in the clear, friend

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

He's definitely talking about one kind of button with that tweet

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I look forward to a hopeful future where we don't all die, where history books refer to this as the stupidest loving time in the history of the planet.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

And yeah, after getting my sufficient protein from that I pretty much just have a medium dinner of low calorie veggies.

Even with that I do intermittent fasting during the work week because I drink on the weekends. It's the only way I can maintain a weekly calorie deficit.

Agreed protein powder is pretty much made for this issue its why it's a "supplement".

I use an app to track my calories and macros. So i plan meals on a Saturday morning and make sure they're all controlled and then buy the ingredients for the prep on Sunday afternoon.

I then add in a protein shake on the days I'm short of protein in my macros. If im short on carbs I don't bother, if I'm short on fat I eat some avocado or add a spoonful of olive oil to a salad with some balsamic.

Prior preparation is key though. Myfitnesspal is pretty helpful for adding food in and it has some handy features like recipe tracking, creating meals so you don't have to individually add items. I'd advise a kitchen scale too though and good measuring things for tbsp etc so you can be accurate. Certain things can add up fast.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Popped in rear end creed origins that came today and for the last 20 minutes I've been playing this kickass level called *squints* installing

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

BlindSite posted:

Agreed protein powder is pretty much made for this issue its why it's a "supplement".

I use an app to track my calories and macros. So i plan meals on a Saturday morning and make sure they're all controlled and then buy the ingredients for the prep on Sunday afternoon.

I then add in a protein shake on the days I'm short of protein in my macros. If im short on carbs I don't bother, if I'm short on fat I eat some avocado or add a spoonful of olive oil to a salad with some balsamic.

Prior preparation is key though. Myfitnesspal is pretty helpful for adding food in and it has some handy features like recipe tracking, creating meals so you don't have to individually add items. I'd advise a kitchen scale too though and good measuring things for tbsp etc so you can be accurate. Certain things can add up fast.

Yeah you can get some cheap scales on Amazon that work real well for the price, highly rec. even for any kind of diet really.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

Climbing crowds ain't bad from my experience. Better ones typically will help and new ones are looking to have fun. Ever climbed before?

Yea I've climbed a decent amount but never anywhere crowded

BlindSite posted:

This is what I've been doing. I've got the calories down just need to tweak the protein up

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Popped in rear end creed origins that came today and for the last 20 minutes I've been playing this kickass level called *squints* installing

Currently riding around Egypt on a horse made of fire wearing armor that makes me look like a golden lion.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I've been blasting rebel scum and flying my TIE Fighter in SW: Battlefront 2

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Master Stur posted:

Pretty sure that path is leading you down 24/7 chicken breast

Yeah that's where it ends (plus vegetables and on special occasions a piece of bread).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pubic works project posted:

I've been blasting rebel scum and flying my TIE Fighter in SW: Battlefront 2

i've been hanging out with weird old hunters in a snowy village in the mountains of Hokkaido menaced by a demon bear

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I've been killing orcs and getting poo poo on by kids with faster reflexes in world war two

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ah, my team finally makes the postseason and now it’s the end times.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Ah, my team finally makes the postseason and now it’s the end times.

That was always going to be a harbinger.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That was always going to be a harbinger.

When its MIN v BUF it is going to be the final confirmation.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i just started the trek through the ogir-yensa sandsea

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

OxySnake posted:

When its MIN v BUF it is going to be the final confirmation.

Overtimes until the heat death of the universe

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My dog managed to scratch a little spot on his ear until it drew blood, so he’s wearing the shaming cone until it heals, and now he just lays at my feet, wheezing and staring at me mournfully all evening. Pugs are disconcertingly good at sorrowful eyes, it’s like he realizes he’s nature’s tragic mistake.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

Currently riding around Egypt on a horse made of fire wearing armor that makes me look like a golden lion.

Hell yeah. I ran around killin poo poo for an hour then killed the first dude even though the game told me not to yet.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

WHOOPS posted:

this is the most fun tweet WaPo has ever put out

"Ha ha look how cold it is so much for climate change libs," I say as I am crushed by my collapsing house in northern Maine during a cyclone in the middle of winter.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My sons keep doing this thing where they lay in their beds and just talk an occasionally yell at each other. I laid them down 2 hours ago and I can hear them yelling "no" at each other.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

My sons keep doing this thing where they lay in their beds and just talk an occasionally yell at each other. I laid them down 2 hours ago and I can hear them yelling "no" at each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEz9AU9c2qQ

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

TIL that gora is a word that that is strikingly similar to gringo

I think gringo is more like gaijin, a derogatory term for whites or any foreigner even. gora is just the hindi word for white, like Spanish's blanco you can use it for anything white

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I think gringo is more like gaijin, a derogatory term for whites or any foreigner even. gora is just the hindi word for white, like Spanish's blanco you can use it for anything white

Gringo is for white Americans, gaijin is for foreigners

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
so I was a huuuge dick at work today and it was completely accidental, feels like I've blown a hole in my NY resolution on the 2nd day and I'm a bit torn up....

Our office floor's break room has a coffee machine next to a big water dispenser that dispenses hot/cold drinking water. Not a cooler, but a real machine that heats the water up to boiling, but it takes about 2-3 min to do that while it blinks red. I walked into the break room to get a drink of cold water, and there were 2 guys near both the coffee and water machine. 1 was waiting for the coffee machine to dispense coffee, and another was just waiting with a empty cup. The water machine was blinking red (someone had pressed the boil button). I just walked over and pressed the water machine's cold button and filled up my cup with cold, filtered water and walked away, but before I did I re-pressed the boil button. The guy waiting said thanks in a neutral tone and as I was walking back to my seat I realized he had been waiting for the water to boil, not for the coffee machine to free up. gently caress!!! That is such a rude thing to do, I was contemplating walking back and apologizing but said gently caress it, but now I'm lying in bed high thinking about it and I gotta track that guy down and apologize, the machine takes like 5 min to boil the water and I made him wait all over again

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

You did him a favor because now his break is 5 minutes longer

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apologize via email and offer him penance such as a beer or over the pants handjob. Friendship is all but certain!! ☺️

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
its a common tactic for tea drinkers/lunatics in my office to activate the boil and walk away, i have no guilt in interrupting those for some cold water there's no other water source besides drinking from a bathroom faucet and i always reactivate boil, I thought that was what was happening in this case, most people are waiting for coffee, his thanks also sounded genuine and not sarcastic/angry

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/clayzulah/status/819331554015068165

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

its a common tactic for tea drinkers/lunatics in my office to activate the boil and walk away, i have no guilt in interrupting those for some cold water there's no other water source besides drinking from a bathroom faucet and i always reactivate boil, I thought that was what was happening in this case, most people are waiting for coffee, his thanks also sounded genuine and not sarcastic/angry

If it was me with the faux pas, I'd probably just stop at the coffee shop and show up with a chai latte, and take it to his desk, be like, "Hey man, sorry about yesterday at the water machine." If you go with the chai, it pleases a tea drinker, and most coffee people will still drink a chai latte -- you get to be the office's Stand Up Guy with a simple gesture

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Trump is just this guy, you know?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

It's been awhile, but that dude was a douche and they were doing some heinously authoritarian poo poo to try and find that guy.

Him having to go ham felt deserved.

He seemed like a decent guy put in an impossible circumstance and even though his popularity grew after loving the pig his wife would never touch him again

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
She's moves her body like a bomb cyclone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948359545767841792?s=17

Hoooooooooollllyyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuuckinnnnnnn lololololol