Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kith posted:

The "Smokin'" skin for Blaze is a throwback to Trevor Jacobs, up to and including "T. Jacobs" being printed on Blaze's butt when he has the skin equipped.

Who is this dude chillin in the trench and how do we get him in-game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVW-KjpAVmI&t=1310s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Uhm sorry Blizzard you can't fool me I know a Kaos Space Marine when I see one and if that's a gem only purchase we're going to have a serious problem.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toshimo posted:

Who is this dude chillin in the trench and how do we get him in-game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVW-KjpAVmI&t=1310s

That's less "chillin" and more "suffering from shell-shock". Either way, IIRC both of those are nameless grunts who are there to show off how sad the scene in question was because Marines aren't worth a whole hell of a lot without air support.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

blaze looks incredibly tight and that bunker heroic is one of the funniest things in HOTS

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Blaze Trip Report:
  • Fun as gently caress, absurdly strong when paired with any kind of zone control friends.
  • Suffers badly from Best Build Syndrome re: talents.
  • Effectively only has one ult - Combustion is SUPER awkward and doesn't have nearly enough impact to be worth it. On the upside, Bunker is good.
  • Heat Treatment makes him nearly impossible to put down if you're hitting more than two people.

Edit: Also his loading screen art is just a cropped image of the Starcraft II Firebat Mercenary portrait, which probably means that Blaze is some level of unfinished (kinda like Artanis and Tracer were when they got playable).

Kith fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 2, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Malfurion with gatling gun moonfire build + TLV + Rexxar + (fill) when? I'm a sucker for "ultimate combo" builds.

quote:

Valla: The color of Lavendar Deputy Valla’s scarf has been updated to match the rest of the skin.

loving FINALLY!

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Blaze's talents/abilities https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/35188-blaze-abilities-talents/ Here are his lvl 1 in game stats.

Health: 2,886 (Muradin has 2,876, Stitches has 3,120)
Health Regen: 6.01/sec
Mana: 500
Mana Regen: 3/sec
Attack range: 4.5 (I think it's a cone from his fists; he can barely hit an entire minion wave at once with the right angle. For comparison, Tracer's range is 5.5)
Attack damage: 59
Attacks Per Second: 1.00 (He has the fifth lowest AA DPS in the game)
Armor: None

I think he'll pair really well with another tank since he can wander off and solo hard camps, especially after level 7.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oh yeah he's definitely not primary tank material. He's hardy as hell but he's basically Flamethrower Sonya.

Not that I mind. :getin:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I think Blaze is going to replace my Rexxar. Wildfire Bear is good, but it's just. not. enough. fire. :supaburn:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Man Sonya is a beast sometimes. Had a 3 v 1 vs Malf, Stitches, and Leoric and just crushed them. I don't know what they were doing. Felt badass though.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

As a resident pyromaniac fire Mage in wow I will slam pick blaze until another fiery hero shows up.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Any Genji tips? I'm incredibly bad at him, like having trouble against the ai with him. I know he's good for finishing off folks, but if no one's low on health what do you do? Just sorta poke a bit?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, Blaze looks really drat badass, I have to admit. I may be a newbie who probably shouldn't buy him day one, but I am seriously considering it. Will be able to get to 15k gold easily enough.

Played a few more heroes to 5

Rehgar - I won three of the five matches it took to get him to 5. I like him a lot. It is amazing how the instant mount transformation helps the feeling of game flow. His wolf transformed attack move is neat too, and lets you help feel like you are contributing to the ganks. Wolf in, attack, drop an earthbind totem to seal off the escape, and finish the job. Drop a healing totem for your lane buddy and get back to business. Ancestral healing feels pretty huge too, though I did sometimes try to drop it too late, watching my would be target expire. I think he might be my favorite support so far. Definitely another one on my 'to buy' list.

D'va - I won...well...none of the matches it took to get her to 5. D'va has tied brightwing for me in win ratios. I'll be honest, I don't really get her. I feel like the most useful tool in my arsenal is trying to separate a kill target with boosters and bodyblocking. Her damage doesn't feel remarkable, and her main method of sustain seems to be self-destruct. I couldn't find too many useful opportunities for defense matrix, though I am sure that better players find it effective.

Li-Ming - I won two of the six games it took to get her to five. Not great. I tried both her arcane orb and magic missile builds, and overall found magic missile to be more effective. Arcane orb definitely packs punch, but the precise range requirements seem to make it less reliable. Overall, I am not a big fan. Good damage, but super squishy, and she can't really clear a lane in timely fashion. She doesn't seem to have the same utility like stuns, slows, or fear that the other mages bring to the party.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 3, 2018

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

For Li Ming calamity build is cool, gives you another damaging ability to get resets off. Plus popping in and stomping on someone as Ming feels real dope.

The big thing for her are the resets, whenever someone dies all your abilities refresh. So you can rip in on a low health team just teleporting all over dropping ults and orbs and really make them feel bad.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Blaze's textures look a bit lower res than other heroes to me which gives credence to the possibly unfinished theory

I have everything set to ultra and he's a bit lackluster looking

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Seebach posted:

As a resident pyromaniac fire Mage in wow I will slam pick blaze until another fiery hero shows up.

Kael?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

Li-Ming - I won two of the six games it took to get her to five. Not great. I tried both her arcane orb and magic missile builds, and overall found magic missile to be more effective. Arcane orb definitely packs punch, but the precise range requirements seem to make it less reliable. Overall, I am not a big fan. Good damage, but super squishy, and she can't really clear a lane in timely fashion. She doesn't seem to have the same utility like stuns, slows, or fear that the other mages bring to the party.

She brings her resets to the party, which in the right composition is even more powerful than anything the other mages have.

Her range on orb and missiles means you can snipe buildings really easily and start putting on pressure that way. Like, you can take down a tower before the first objective. The range also helps with objectives like sniping the immortals. She lost her wave clear when they nerfed her teleport, but that's ok. Also, disintigrate is good but wave of force can get pretty insane value after level 20 with her resets, which is actually better utility than gul'dan's long timer on fear and also makes her much less squishy.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Fried Watermelon posted:

Blaze's textures look a bit lower res than other heroes to me which gives credence to the possibly unfinished theory

I have everything set to ultra and he's a bit lackluster looking

What is the theory?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

beejay posted:

What is the theory?

That he's unfinished, ya dingus.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Who wants to be an elf when you can be the firebat with the sexiest voice in the whole drat Terran Dominion?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also watching Grubby and Nubkeks play some Blaze on the PTR I'm laying my bet down that one of the first things to get nerfed in the inevitable post-release adjustment patch is his healing from standing in the fire, which combined with his +25 armor trait seems to give him some absolutely absurd sustain. It's still to early to tell admittedly, but if you liked the old Regen Master Johanna who could live through everything and be healed back up in time for the next fight without having to hearth, Blaze seems like a good pick.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love the fact that his talent 1 tier is three stimpacks and "new habits". You can make him give up his drug habit in favour of an addiction to fire.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SirSamVimes posted:

I love the fact that his talent 1 tier is three stimpacks and "new habits". You can make him give up his drug habit in favour of an addiction to fire.

Since New Habits is a regen globe quest, technically you're addicting him to those.

Skyweir
Apr 29, 2013

Kith posted:

Oh yeah he's definitely not primary tank material. He's hardy as hell but he's basically Flamethrower Sonya.

Not that I mind. :getin:

He has CC, engange, disengange and the 3rd highest health in the game. If he can't solo tank, no character can solo tank.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Skyweir posted:

He has CC, engange, disengange and the 3rd highest health in the game. If he can't solo tank, no character can solo tank.

Just because he can solo tank doesn't mean he's good at it. His stun, engage, and disengage are all the same ability (which can be body-blocked), which makes him near-identical to everyone's favorite barbarian bruiser Sonya (who is very firmly in the "bruiser" category for that reason). Compare that to the gold standards of Muradin and ETC who can initiate, stun, escape, and knockback without relying on a single skill to do so.

That said, "high health" doesn't really mean a whole lot:
  • Azmodan has the fifth highest health in the game, more than Diablo (base), Arthas, Chen, Artanis, Leoric, and many others. Not a tank.
  • The Butcher has more health than Garrosh. Not a tank.
  • Tychus has as much health as Anub'arak. Not a tank.

Kith fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 3, 2018

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
He can also poo poo out aoe slows and zone people though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Any Genji tips? I'm incredibly bad at him, like having trouble against the ai with him. I know he's good for finishing off folks, but if no one's low on health what do you do? Just sorta poke a bit?

Quickcast on release for your E to get precise aim. Be on the lookout for a squishy target that is a bit further away from the tank (or any stuns) you should be able to dash in and kill them/force a retreat even from full HP while the enemy team is engaging yours. Do no be the first person to engage unless you're sure you will kill them and get your E reset.

In general you're, very slippery and should be able to reach any caster in any position and kill them unless their tank is dedicated to babysitting them at all times.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 3, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GenericOverusedName posted:

He can also poo poo out aoe slows and zone people though.

Oh sure, he's great at that. He's amazing in general for barreling into the enemy team and harassing the backline, up to and including having a talent tier dedicated to countering DPS types. Blaze is a fantastic bruiser and his ability to kill squishies is a beautiful thing.

He's just not a great solo tank.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

schmitty9800 posted:

For some reason I now get massive spikes on battle.net in HOTS and WC3 :(

Fixed, it was the stupid streaming option :D

e: or maybe not :(

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 3, 2018

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I think he'll be fine as solo tank in a comp with sufficient self-peel/built for hard engage. His self heal and slows are really powerful. I wouldn't throw him into just any comp Willy nilly, but I think comparing him to solo tank Sonya is a bit too far.

I'd expect to see him in the off lane or as the wave clear in main lane.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
Blaze seems good as a solo laner but his trait getting such a big cooldown reduction from Q hitting heroes means you definitely want him in the 4-man lane.

I think he will be fine as the solo tank as long as he's not the only melee.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

schmitty9800 posted:

Try flushing your DNS. I had huge spikes on Starcraft for a while and that fixed it.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

HelixFox posted:

Blaze seems good as a solo laner but his trait getting such a big cooldown reduction from Q hitting heroes means you definitely want him in the 4-man lane.

I agree his trait works best as part of the main lane, and will get the most value, but I don't think that's going to be enough to push him out of the solo laner role as his default. The Q has a short enough cooldown that you'll have your Q ready for the team fight or objective, even if you're only hitting one enemy hero in the off lane.

Plus his charge makes for a great escape if he gets ganked.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

schmitty9800 posted:

I was also hopeful but disappointed. At least my game works well when I turn off literally everything including Discord.

Bogart posted:

Try flushing your DNS. I had huge spikes on Starcraft for a while and that fixed it.

I'll try, but hope is a lie :(

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

HelixFox posted:

Blaze isn't melee though?

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Hi everyone. Not sure where else to go but I've really been stuggling in HL lately and need to find a group of players better than me to play and learn from. Last three seasons I've made it into mid Gold but usually dip back down into Silver and have again this season with the MMR change mess up. I want to improve into the Plat/Diamond levels and think I can do it just need better places to learn. Anyone want to do TL or unranked games? Battletag is below. Thanks!

Bayonnefrog#1744

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fried Watermelon posted:

I noticed the same thing. He looks kinda sorta real crappy.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Textures are probably the least time intensive thing in creating a character, though. The art director guy probably looked at them and said "good enough" instead.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Bayonnefrog posted:

Hi everyone. Not sure where else to go but I've really been stuggling in HL lately and need to find a group of players better than me to play and learn from. Last three seasons I've made it into mid Gold but usually dip back down into Silver and have again this season with the MMR change mess up. I want to improve into the Plat/Diamond levels and think I can do it just need better places to learn. Anyone want to do TL or unranked games? Battletag is below. Thanks!

Bayonnefrog#1744

Are you US or EU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Star posted:

Are you US or EU?

US EST