Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is this ghost shell worth throwing all of my dust at or no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

is tess selling exotic dance because that's what I really want

edit: I meant excited dance :lol:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Chilichimp posted:

Buy 2, if you can

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Or it can cost 10k Dust, in which case I'd be mellow on it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie Problem: shoulder charge is so bad that people only use it as a movement skill

Bungie Solution: shoulder charge movement component nerfed

This guy gets it

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
It would be pretty funny (read: depressing) if the shoulder charge change was a quick hack to make it harder for people to use SC to knock teammates off of heavy ammo and kick public event chests around.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

It would be pretty funny (read: depressing) if the shoulder charge change was a quick hack to make it harder for people to use SC to knock teammates off of heavy ammo and kick public event chests around.

Nah. You still shoulder charge the same distance in the ground. It just the mid air stuff.

It was almost useless before the nerf and now its 100% useless.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

I've had one since the day CoO dropped.

I haven't noticed any more loot. It's probably like the 3oC where your chance goes up by a fraction of a percent.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Chilichimp posted:

the only good exotic ghost is the one that gives ALL your sparrows quick summon

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mazerunner posted:

Nah, it's a toss up between the +10% XP from everything and the 50m cache detection on all planets shells. You should already have instant summon on all your sparrows :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

isn't there one that gives omni-location cache/resource finder?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Any indication when that discussion that Chris Barrett mentioned about the devs plans for the game going forward will be?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

Nah. You still shoulder charge the same distance in the ground. It just the mid air stuff.

It was almost useless before the nerf and now its 100% useless.

Ah, for some reason I thought it was when you're on the ground as well. I practically never SC on the ground without targeting a pack of enemies.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Any indication when that discussion that Chris Barrett mentioned about the devs plans for the game going forward will be?

Soon.

They are listening after all.

Soon.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Soon in Bungie Time is like 3-4 months?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mill Village posted:

Soon in Bungie Time is like 3-4 months?

whenever the next content drop is

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hiddenriverninja posted:

whenever the next content drop is

Interestingly, the rumor is that DLC #2 is 5 months in the future, rather than the 3 months for DLC #1. I'm guessing that we get Season 3 as part of CoO and then Season 4 launches with DLC #2

DLC #3 will sell like garbage and there will be no DLC #4

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

Ah, for some reason I thought it was when you're on the ground as well. I practically never SC on the ground without targeting a pack of enemies.

I actively used to not shoulder charge enemies because it was pointless to lose the movement benefit for such small damage and such a long cool down.

Nerfing the in air distance was literally to take away movement because it was apparently an issue in pvp.

2 rockets is fine, a stupid tracking grenade launcher is fine, nightstalker smokes being almost game breaking with their 3 debuffs is fine, snipers being almost pointless for any activity is fine but shoulder charges aerial movement was an issue that had to be patched.

This just speaks to my point that they're completely rudderless in direction. The more they nerf things the more the poo poo that would otherwise be in an ok place seems more egregious.

You're better off using a striker for dual pulses and shield with a small heal (alpha lupi) than anything else on titan.

You're better off using smokes and invis dodge than anything on hunter.

You're better off with the voidlock neutral game than anything else.

The nerf to everything makes it so there's really only one choice to get close to how it should be. It's why the loot and content all feels the same and or all feels boring.

Oh cool a new auto rifle from trials that won't replace my Uriels. Oh cool a new smg that's worse than my antiope. Oh cool a new fusion thats not as good as my main ingredient.

The watering down of everything killed destiny. They found the right way to go in year 3 of destiny with vendors selling godrolls at times. All that system needed was a tweak and they had it nailed.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 3, 2018

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

So much truth

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

As plenty and valid as so many gripes are, many of us even here predicted before launch that we had another D1 case on our hands of Y2 being the time to come into the game. As stupid and unnecessary as it is to have to do so, I think a lot of people are looking at that time frame as the countdown clock's zero hour and until then are just burning time being bitches. Eververse was unexpected but once you turn yourself retarded you can think like Bungie and make sense of the befuddling poo poo they do, you can see things are properly progressing toward the game being a good game, or at least the brand of festering biowaste garbage the community regards to as good.

I'm the dog in hell and things unironically are fine.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eververse is one of those things that's just dumb design.

Like cheese said there should be 50 options for everything not a few. There should be sparrows and ships available from all sources not just eververse.

Put an additional loot table into nightfalls and trials and the raid that drops emote/sparrow/ghost shells/ships and its probably fine. The complaints are only there because everything else is so Spartan.

No doubt the more expansions come the more quality of life improvements there will be but that's not an excuse for after a 3 year beta them to be so tone def to game design.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i have no doubt that their insanely hosed up dev and management process leads to poo poo like “hey it’s q4 2015 we have a sequel due out in a year oh Christ there’s no way we’ll be able to ship it, REBOOT” but

A) that’s no excuse for d2’s final design

B) at some point you have to hold people accountable for making GBS threads up your work, jesus

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

I actively used to not shoulder charge enemies because it was pointless to lose the movement benefit for such small damage and such a long cool down.

I should've been more specific. I never used SC against enemies in PvP for exactly the same reason. I SC in PvE all the time because it's usually at least 50% of a grenade charge, if not a full charge if I blow up several enemies, and Skullfort gives me the charge back instantly. In strikes you can throw pulse grenades constantly.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

Nerfing the in air distance was literally to take away movement because it was apparently an issue in pvp.

Did one of the Bungie dudes say that? I'd appreciate the link if so.

BlindSite posted:

nightstalker smokes being almost game breaking with their 3 debuffs is fine

There's no "almost" about it. Nightstalker is broken. As far as I can tell, NS's invisibility breaks or significantly reduces opponents' aim assist.* That should be an uncrossable line in a console shooter. Two or three times a night, I run into some team of 3 or 4 Nightstalkers who go invisible before or in the middle of every engagement. It's an exercise in frustration. I can deal with significant reduction in visibility, but they're playing an entirely different game with this "ha ha you can't point your gun at me now" bullshit.

(* I believe that there are at least couple of factors at play when people talk about aim assist: there's an aim assist value on weapons that Bungie sometimes refers to as "bullet magnetism", and there are reticle pull curves that their look system uses to help you keep your gun nearer to a target.)

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 3, 2018

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Live calendar update next week.

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/948319226120433664

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San posted:

There's no "almost" about it. Nightstalker is broken.

Or! Hunter is in a good place, Warlocks and Titans need to be brought up.

I think this rhetoric on a large scale combined with the vindictive retardation of Bungie is historically what leads to awful nerfs where what we all want are buffs. We want more poo poo like that in D2, for everyone.

Right? Someone tell me what we want so I can properly espouse it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Nightstalker is indeed broken, but I disagree that titan with double pulses is the clear best loadout for pvp, sentinel is very solid

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

cvnvcnv posted:

Or! Hunter is in a good place, Warlocks and Titans need to be brought up.

No. Nightstalker being able to turn off your AA is broken. The other classes need changes, yes, but that specific aspect of NS is extremely bad.

Both of the following are true:

- One property of one subclass is unhealthy and needs to be reevaluated.
- Titans (for example) will still be underpowered after that is taken care of, so they need additional tuning as well.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

quote:

I think this rhetoric on a large scale combined with the vindictive retardation of Bungie is historically what leads to awful nerfs where what we all want are buffs.

So, to be clear, I'm not advocating only power decreases or even power decreases in general. I'm calling out a specific aspect of a NS ability that just seems over the line. I'm fine with the class having a bunch of great tools. Breaking AA seems kind of like a cardinal sin for a console shooter, but there are more options to deal with that issue than removing it entirely. My gut says it probably needs to go, but you could imagine several other ways to tackle it directly or indirectly.

Generally speaking, I want neither buffs nor nerfs alone. There are plenty of knobs that could be turned up, and I'd like to see that. Take grenades for example. A bunch of grenades are pretty uninteresting, and that's a problem. I'd like to see what happens if several grenades became more interesting while leaving the cooldown rates alone. Maybe with the D2 cooldown rates, high-powerered grenades have a comfortable place to exist. (That's just an idle thought experiment for the sake of example, not a concrete opinion about D2's cooldown timers.)

e: clarity

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 3, 2018

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

You're better off with the voidlock neutral game than anything else

For real. When I switched from Striker to Warlock, it wasn't even a question which subclass I was going to use. Blink, devour, nova.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

So, to be clear, I'm not advocating only power decreases or even power decreases in general. I'm calling out a specific aspect of a NS ability that just seems over the line. I'm fine with the class having a bunch of great tools. Breaking AA seems kind of like a cardinal sin for a console shooter, but there are more options to deal with that issue than removing it entirely. My gut says it probably needs to go, but you could imagine several other ways to tackle it directly or indirectly.

Generally speaking, I want neither buffs nor nerfs alone. There are plenty of knobs that could be turned up, and I'd like to see that. Take grenades for example. A bunch of grenades are pretty uninteresting, and that's a problem. I'd like to see what happens if several grenades became more interesting while leaving the cooldown rates alone. Maybe with the D2 cooldown rates, high-powerered grenades have a comfortable place to exist. (That's just an idle thought experiment for the sake of example, not a concrete opinion about D2's cooldown timers.)

e: clarity

D1 power levels outside of stickies would have been fine with the current cool down.

Minor adjustments to damage with the d1 cool downs adjusted would have been fine.

Every 25 seconds on stickies was punishingly bad.

Mikey-San posted:

No. Nightstalker being able to turn off your AA is broken. The other classes need changes, yes, but that specific aspect of NS is extremely bad.

Both of the following are true:

- One property of one subclass is unhealthy and needs to be reevaluated.
- Titans (for example) will still be underpowered after that is taken care of, so they need additional tuning as well.

I agree. The turn off of aim assist doesnt affect me much at all but it's a big issue in general for balance.

With smokes it should probably have the radar removal when smoked turned off or the false radar blip turned off. The debuffs for movement are enough imo.

Dawnblade has half its skill tree useless which should be rectified. If they stopped pointlessly over nerfing a lot of this would be less of an issue.

Cool downs could or even should be a case by case basis. In the current incarnation shorten the cool down for shadowshot, extend the cool down for invis dodge and smoke but shorten the grenade. There's plenty they can do to give you reason to use other elements of the subclass.

On pc ghost bullets are a lot rarer and there's a lot more hand canon usage, recoil is smoother on pulses so theyre used more often.

They need to stop consulting a spreadsheet for their nerf decisions.

It's like in d1 when they nerfed everything over and over again it became really pronounced where the gently caress ups were.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 3, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dude in my pub match had 1625 trials wins and a 5.48 trials KD lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CheeseFactory posted:

So much truth

No they took that one out of the game too

quote:

I should've been more specific. I never used SC against enemies in PvP for exactly the same reason. I SC in PvE all the time because it's usually at least 50% of a grenade charge, if not a full charge if I blow up several enemies, and Skullfort gives me the charge back instantly. In strikes you can throw pulse grenades constantly.

Shoulder charge and Skullfort is fun in PVE but if you go with the lightning punch one instead you're basically healing forever as long as there's something that isn't a knight, captain, or yellow bar to punch, and even then, just shoot your gun and then do it. You can punch so much it bugs out, forgets you're supposed to be able to immediately lightning punch again, then remembers the next time you hit the button and you keep healing. Combine with Crimson and anything out of punchrange is healing you anyway and if you run out of bullets, all of your punches reload Crimson. Between all that and the second grenade's cooldown nerf, I don't bother with that spec anymore.

e: Oh, also since it technically counts as punching every time you punch someone with the Fist of Havoc you heal too with the lightning punch and skullfort spec, and also each punch kill gives you time to punch something else too. It's super fun in PVE.

quote:

Dawnblade has half its skill tree useless which should be rectified. If they stopped pointlessly over nerfing a lot of this would be less of an issue.

I really wanted to like Dawnblade, flitting around and air dodging in a game like Destiny sounds cool in theory.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 3, 2018

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikey-San posted:

So you want your aim to keep locking onto an invisible dude, who decloaks as soon as he does anything offensive? Hunters can't heal like Warlocks or throw down barricades like Titans. They have no ability to heal mid-fight. Are they allowed to have one defensive skill?

tl;dr: get gud scrub, learn to aim

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

So you want your aim to keep locking onto an invisible dude, who decloaks as soon as he does anything offensive? Hunters can't heal like Warlocks or throw down barricades like Titans. They have no ability to heal mid-fight. Are they allowed to have one defensive skill?

tl;dr: get gud scrub, learn to aim

No the issue is you can aim right at them and the bullets magically go through them.

Its horseshit.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

actionjackson posted:

Dude in my pub match had 1625 trials wins and a 5.48 trials KD lol

I played a guy this weekend with 1900 trials wins... on PC. 6 fewer weeks to farm up that number. I know I have no life, but god drat.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Are many people here still actually playing this game, or is it mostly discussion of design flaws and speculation of what/how things could be fixed? Just curious since another community I looked at had most people going back to Destiny 1 and I was interested in seeing if people here have mostly given up on D2 as well?

otbnd
Aug 29, 2004

Champion of Warcraft!

Ask me about my pro cheives!

I'm a giant piece of fucking shit
OP seems a little dated as far as clans go...whats the current NA ps4 clan that isn't full? PSN name is KindDandro if someone wants to play this lovely game with me.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I play almost every day on D2.

I wonder what fuckin deej is actually alluding to for later today, because if there's more than just the calendar update I'll be surprised.

See you in 2019 Prometheus Lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Id say most people still posting still play but not as much. Im sure some people have gone back to D1 but it wouldn't be anywhere as many who have just given up on the series.