Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

We are hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Caption me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Spinster posted:

Caption me

Putin's epic self-own. (post worldwide hellscape of course)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Applesnots posted:

Wow, the DnD trump tread was closed.

They started a new thread for 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spinster posted:

Caption me

Four clowns each responsible for the death of millions.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

They started a new thread for 2018

Yeah it wasn't because of drama or anything, just the thread was gigantic and running poorly on phone browsers.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

OldMemes posted:

Someone needs to sit this moron down and explain YOU CANNOT WIN A NUCLEAR WAR.

The bigliest lol of all, which we will not be alive to perceive, will be Two Scoops living out his days sealed up in Mount Weather with Melania, who will be mad as hell at him, and poor Barron who didn't deserve it, but also Attorney General Keebler Elf, and the She-Huck, and Skeletor, and his lovely cabinet of sycophants, with not a McDonald's meal available to him for the rest of his miserable life. He will try to tweet into the ether, surrounded by people who hate him and each other, bored as hell and sinking daily even deeper into dementia. That's a spicy and dark lol!

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Away all Goats posted:

Remember when people called John McCain unelectable because he would have been one bad heart attack away from giving Sarah Palin the nuclear codes?

Well, lmao

He was still a pos. gg close.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Trump threatening nuclear war because he has a small dead dick. And I thought his tweet taking credit for no worldwide plane crashes wouldn't be topped for at least a week.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
lol, just lol that there aren't protest and riots against the huge orange retard basically 24/7. why not done?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Luebbi posted:

lol, just lol that there aren't protest and riots against the huge orange retard basically 24/7. why not done?

Too busy dealing with real problems, like how disney is destroying star wars

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Luebbi posted:

Im going to one on the 20th. But I agree, I cant believe this reality, STILL.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Streak posted:

Canada here, how far south should I go to guarantee total vaporization

San Francisco. If the North Koreans don't bomb it, Easy D will.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Streak posted:

Canada here, how far south should I go to guarantee total vaporization

Your best bet is to join your fellow Canadians and move to Florida. Gov Rick Scott wants you! Be sure to buy an offloaded Trump property near Mar-a-lago. You may not get hit by the only NK nuke to make it, but you will be in direct line of the follow-up Chinese nukes.

I can help you navigate to the nearest protest and hook you up with George Soros. I'm only an hour away. If the Russians contribute another Tsar Bomba, you don't even need to leave the couch.

gently caress, even Fox is aware how ridiculous this is at some level. Here's their loving headline:

Trump tells Kim Jong Un his 'nuclear button' is larger, 'more powerful'

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 3, 2018

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
FWIW, the likelihood that even if Kim did launch a nuke it'd actually launch, fly, land on target and then detonate correctly are far from 100%.

Building a nuke and a delivery platform is hard - Building a reliable one even more so.

Well, sweet dreams!

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serak posted:

FWIW, the likelihood that even if Kim did launch a nuke it'd actually launch, fly, land on target and then detonate correctly are far from 100%.

Building a nuke and a delivery platform is hard - Building a reliable one even more so.

Well, sweet dreams!

Well yeah, but who knows if they have help from someone?

Maybe the Russians? Would they be mad enough for that?

A nuclear war could easily spread.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Serak posted:

Well, sweet dreams!

You're right, of course.
But the fact that the reasoning is now down to: "Heh, they simply don't have reliable enough guidance systems to put it on target" :smuggo: is troubling.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I love waking up in the morning, hitting that blue bird on my phone (Neil Degrasse Tyson voice: technically, the bird is white) and having all of my feed be subtweets about trump like "lol were all gonna die". Then I check the big boy's feed. Huh a dumbass tweet about Orrin Hatch, seems fine t-- oh wow. Wow.

lol

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

brylcreem posted:

Well yeah, but who knows if they have help from someone?

Maybe the Russians? Would they be mad enough for that?

A nuclear war could easily spread.

*shrug* I'm no expert in global geopolitics, but the Russias aren't mad - what have they got to gain from doing that? They've far more to lose. You'd have to ACTUALLY be an insane person to look at allying with NK as a good idea. The Chinese only tolerate them because the alternative - a collapse of the NK state - puts millions of refugees on their doorstep.

TotalLossBrain posted:

But the fact that the reasoning is now down to: "Heh, they simply don't have reliable enough guidance systems to put it on target" :smuggo: is troubling.

You're definitely not wrong.

Serak fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 3, 2018

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not so long ago the reasoning was "they'll never have decent enough missiles" and before that it was "they'll never have working nukes that's just TNT"

they are doomed brothers and sisters, and they know it
atom's veil will roll down the streets, cleansing them of their heresy

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/02/russia-probe-grand-jury-looks-like-a-black-lives-matter-rally-says-witness/

I have no idea what the gently caress this is supposed to mean, or how it's supposed to outrage people. But apparently it does?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
A lot of Fox News commenters seem very sure that the US military is capable of shooting down any number of incoming ballistic missiles via various secret programs that they somehow know about.

Quicksilver6 posted:

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/02/russia-probe-grand-jury-looks-like-a-black-lives-matter-rally-says-witness/

I have no idea what the gently caress this is supposed to mean, or how it's supposed to outrage people. But apparently it does?

People are mad that black people make up over half of the jury. What could be more American than that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm not gonna google the exact numbers cuz it's late and f that but in ideal testing conditions those systems don't work at nearly 100% accuracy so under real world conditions maybe like 30-50% accuracy? obviously we have more than one but also obviously korea wouldn't launch a single missile and even just 1 getting past and hitting a major city would be a loving disaster

plus the US would counter launch and hoo boy lol better hope the Chinese or Russians aren't feeling twitchy as there are ICBMs launched by Donald Trump heading towards their landmasses

afaik the Russians still have their dumbass dead man's trigger system going too and seeing as it is russian im sure that poo poo will just trigger one day and kill us all anyway

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

afaik the Russians still have their dumbass dead man's trigger system going too and seeing as it is russian im sure that poo poo will just trigger one day and kill us all anyway

I read somewhere the thing isn't actually live all the time but they enable it when serious tensions rise or something

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah that's what they say

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Why" doesnt VERY FAKE NEWS cover the recently pushed big "red" button on my DESK ? Very unfair ? Enjoy !

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Quicksilver6 posted:

"All I see is politicians and minorities! There's no klansmen or pedophiles to say I'm a good boy!"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

OldMemes posted:

I hardly ever use my twitter account but I just reported the sitting president of the United States because I think threatening genocide and world war is in violation of the T&Cs.

If it isn't, then I sincerely have to question what is.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
:smugdon:

:sadcoke:

:trumppop:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Quicksilver6 posted:

there are african ameriacns on the jury. Therefor it is a Black Lives Matter rally.

also washington DC is 49% black. so it makes sense that the jury would be about half black.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

sebmojo posted:

This does seem like one of those moments where you read something ridiculous in the T&Cs and think 'well, that's stupid, but it must have been put in because it was needed'.

After this, all future new twitter accounts will have to manually declare they "Will not use this service to either initiate or otherwise immanentize an Eschaton event'

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

XYZ posted:

Doomsday Clock now set at 2 1/2 minutes lmao

Jose get one of the admin monkeys to embed that loving clock into this thread somehow so we can see realtime updates.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/status/948418292749828097

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Burt Sexual posted:

Would you look at all these unnecessary burdensome regs that were under consideration from Obummer before trump? Emergency Response and Preparedness, pffft.

But serious lol at the "Tree Care Standard"

this is an actual real thing because idiots gently caress up their trees all the time and they become stunted and dangerous (and look like poo poo)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Trump probably asked if he could nuke the NYT office, didn’t he?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Lol it's nice to think that if somebody fired a nuke and it missed its intended target everybody would just be all "eh it's cool no big deal bro" and that would be the end of it.

e: or that everyone would even wait to see where it was gonna land lol

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Reported as well. If Twitter didn't just send out automated responses to these things I would love to see what their counterargument was for not suspending him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dear Twitter User:

There is a significant difference between saying "I CAN exterminate all life on the planet" and "I WILL exterminate all life on the planet." After considering this matter closely we have concluded that no action is required in this case. Please have a nice day. - Raj