Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
shitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Imagine buying cryptos in 2018 instead of weed stocks lmao

poo poo is legal in the world's 8th largest economy now friends

e: 5th now apparently eat a dick france
why not both

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Moridin920 posted:

Imagine buying cryptos in 2018 instead of weed stocks lmao

poo poo is legal in the world's 8th largest economy now friends

e: 5th now apparently eat a dick france

Agreed, just buy potCoin

Or Weedcoin

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Agreed, just buy potCoin

Or Weedcoin

THCoin is the best pick. The coins are grown on a completely indoor blockchain decentralized from the harsh sunlight.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
What are you guys gonna do when you become a crypto millionaire?

I'm gonna travel the world and get married and do volunteer work.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

AARO posted:

What are you guys gonna do when you become a crypto millionaire?

I'm gonna travel the world and get married and do volunteer work.

hire someone to raise my kids while i do nothing

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Are there even weed stocks? Banks won't deal with weed because it's still federally illegal.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

FogHelmut posted:

Are there even weed stocks? Banks won't deal with weed because it's still federally illegal.

If only there was an unregulated digital payment system these new weed companies could use.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

There are weed stocks on canadian exchanges and Australian exchanges (probably others too?). I've been trading them for the past couple of years with my government cheese. Quietly accumulating any that are exposed to the canadian market in the lead up to legalisation.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AARO posted:

If only there was an unregulated digital payment system these new weed companies could use.

A lot of them played around with bitcoin but cash is faster, cheaper, and easier so they all just use that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FogHelmut posted:

MJX baby

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Rock Puncher posted:

THCoin is the best pick. The coins are grown on a completely indoor blockchain decentralized from the harsh sunlight.

stop peddling your hydroponzi scheme

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

AARO posted:

There used to be, then the "currency" became wildly volatile and expensive to use

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

paternity suitor posted:

There used to be, then the "currency" became wildly volatile and expensive to use

That sounds pretty funny. Somebody should make a thread about it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Has this "Bitcoin" crashed yet?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It'll never crash

Everyone will keep making money from it and eventually all people in the world will be millionaires

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'd also buy bitcoins and become a millionaire but I don't know how

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Andrast posted:

That sounds pretty funny. Somebody should make a thread about it.

No it's very serious and the future.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

QuarkJets posted:

A lot of them played around with bitcoin but cash is faster, cheaper, and easier so they all just use that

They don't understand all the problems with FIAT currency though

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Love to haggle bitcoin prices with my stoner weed guy

chird
Sep 26, 2004

lol chatlog in 2018 posted:

: My brother is bidding on cards for a rig on ebay
: I think 4 to start off with
: Slowly build it up to 10-12 maybe over a few months
: It’s a joint venture and neither of us has the cash
: 10 cards made my mate 1.6-2 Ethereums a month
: Mate
: Listen
: Currently it’s 890$
: You should look into it
: If after all expenses you’re able to save even half of that, you’re still laughing

Nah

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I think in 5 years we may realize that AMD made the most of anyone from bitcoin. The ripple guy could win if he has any real ability to cash out. Or if satoshi finds his private key

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Andy Dufresne posted:

Or if satoshi finds his private key

If even a fraction of a bitcoin moves out of that wallet, the entire system is going to collapse in an hour.

So yea, I hope he finds it some day.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

If even a fraction of a bitcoin moves out of that wallet, the entire system is going to collapse in an hour.

So yea, I hope he finds it some day.

Apparently it’s not a single wallet but a bunch of wallets with about 7000 bitcoins each, but nobody knows which ones exactly

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...ace52b3157b8ca7

Australian banks don't want to touch cryptocurrency with a 10 foot barge pole but ITS A TOTALLY LEGITIMATE CURRENCY EVERYONE.

quote:

“We can refuse an application for an international money transfer if we believe that processing it would offend against any policy or law relating to money laundering, sanctions, or the national interests or security of any state,” it said.

“We can also refuse to process an IMT, because the destination account previously has been connected to a fraud or an attempted fraudulent transaction or is an account used to facilitate payments to bitcoins or similar virtual currency payment services.”

In other words, people are trying to buy Bitcoin from known shady operations and are being blocked but it's because the banks are evil man and they don't want us to gain control of our money.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Ripple is a hype scam, so we should all invest immediately.

Not a joke post, every hyped coin just goes up.

If you are smart you invest in it, if you are dumb you invest in it.

This is going to be an epic bubble.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 3, 2018

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

spunkshui posted:

Not a joke post, dumb money is going to push it to $5 a coin by the end of the month.

Not even doubting this either.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ripple is for fag

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

new gf she a gamer posted:

ripple is for fag

You must be a big investor then

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

ripple is for fag

finally an altcoin for me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

you don't know who you're messing with, rear end in a top hat!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FogHelmut posted:

MJNA.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

ripple is for fag

hot if true

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...ace52b3157b8ca7

Australian banks don't want to touch cryptocurrency with a 10 foot barge pole but ITS A TOTALLY LEGITIMATE CURRENCY EVERYONE.
In other words, people are trying to buy Bitcoin from known shady operations and are being blocked but it's because the banks are evil man and they don't want us to gain control of our money.

Dear "Bitcoin Babe",

If you've actually been dropped by thirty different banks, it may be time to consider whether the common factor is you.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I have a few coworkers that are all in on this crypto craze. Not true believers, but just guys that want to get in and cash out.

One in particular thinks that the cyclic rise/fall of the coin prices will eventually give enough people the opportunity to earn extravagant amounts of money by pumping/dumping on a variety of cryptos, and thus sharply increasing inflation of USD in the process over the course of several years. Even if these coins are never stable or have any real intrinsic value, as long as they are never regulated out of the market entirely, I don't see why this couldn't happen if a lot of folks get in on it at the right time, but a lot of this poo poo is over my head.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
poo poo I want my coworkers to stop doing:

Leaving the office windows open, it's loving winter.
Testing the boundaries of sexual harassment.
TMI re: sexpat adventures.
Rambling about Bitcoin.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Severed posted:

I have a few coworkers that are all in on this crypto craze. Not true believers, but just guys that want to get in and cash out.

One in particular thinks that the cyclic rise/fall of the coin prices will eventually give enough people the opportunity to earn extravagant amounts of money by pumping/dumping on a variety of cryptos, and thus sharply increasing inflation of USD in the process over the course of several years. Even if these coins are never stable or have any real intrinsic value, as long as they are never regulated out of the market entirely, I don't see why this couldn't happen if a lot of folks get in on it at the right time, but a lot of this poo poo is over my head.

How would this lead to inflation over a long enough period to care about, when all that inflation is going to stop or reverse every time it crashes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Severed posted:

Even if these coins are never stable or have any real intrinsic value, as long as they are never regulated out of the market entirely, I don't see why this couldn't happen if a lot of folks get in on it at the right time, but a lot of this poo poo is over my head.

Ponzis/pyramid schemes are a thing because they work (as in, they are successful at making some people rich at the expense of a lot of other people) and it stands to reason that if you have a large enough target audience, there will be a relatively high amount of people for whom the Get Rich Quick scheme actually works out. I don't think any Ponzi has ever had a target audience bigger than "all the idiots on the internet combined" so there you go, Bitcoin can produce a few thousand rich people easily