Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Katt posted:

Hmm one beer is two tasks. How many timber does a worker get per task?

Like 3-6? I guess "barely break even" is a bit negative, but i suppose in the context of being able to make much more money from processing it all the way to plywood it is true. I didn't see any hard numbers but i read the statement about barely breaking even in a crafting guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Not enough to care about. I'm going to have most of my worker army harvest dried fish and chicken eggs until I find a better use for them. At least I'll have a crazy excess of materials for imperial trading.

J
Jun 10, 2001

There are some average node yields on the spreadsheet on this page. That site is awesome in general for lifeskill/node stuff. Most nodes are way more profitable than the cost of the beer, the real question is just figuring out how much effort you want to put in converting the items your workers gather into silver. More effort generally means more profit, but then again, :effort:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
So apparently processing doesn't take energy, only gathering...

Purplizzie spent all night (maybe two nights ago at this point since the time passes so quickly) collecting animal blood but now she's learning Alchemy.

edit: oh hey she just leveled up from crafting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 1, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alchemy is handy because it's a requirement to make the highest quality tools.

The highest quality crafted tools require a pure iron crystal to be crafted.
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/4053/

Pure iron crystals are made with processing but require an alchemy component called Metal Solvent that is made with alchemy
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/4076/

The key ingredient in metal solvent is "Trace of Savagery"
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/5956/

Trace of savagery (besides a few rare drops) comes almost exclusively from a single node "Lynch Farm Ruins" where you get it by having a worker excavate it. The best workers for this is goblins.

In order to unlock excavation from the node you need to do a few quests for the node manager and then she will have a dialogue option to give her some energy. After that you can send a worker to excavate it.

Keep in mind that when making metal solvent with alchemy and then pure iron crystals with processing. Your level of alchemy and processing affects how many you get per task. So if your skills are really low then it might be worth to save them until your skill is professional 1 or higher.

The tools in turn are crafted by a worker at a level 3 tool workshop which is a building you buy in a city.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
They gave me a 7 day value pack, so I've been able to do remote node management until it expires tonight. I'm waiting until then to decide whether to drop on a 30 day value pack or drop on permanent inventory / node expansion or deal with the impending crunch when I suddenly lose a hundred inventory slots.

I've been able to do that from the map regardless of my location thus far.

btw, speaking of inventory spaces they gave me some letters to send thanks to people who helped me out and you def. qualify. PM me with your family name and I'll send you a gift.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

While reading up on karma I found some juice tears on the topic of players killing other players and whining about their lost karma.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/41050-going-negative-karma-red-is-like-your-worst-nightmare/

quote:

Hi, i'm here to talk about my experience as a red 50 wizard (-605k karma) and i can tell you that IT'S HELL!!

Let's start by telling you how i've got this karma: At the beginning, i was at +300k because i don't PK and stuff...a good player. When i started grinding for witch's earing, some players started stealing my mob packs that i gather to kill at once after...so of course i'm mad, i flag and boom GT*O, then i continue grinding.

After 3 days i was at like 160k+ karma, pretty much fine karma, i was 50.90 then so i decided to do my dailies at catfish and go for 51, i started grinding, suddenly a warrior starts stealing my packs, i change the place then he follows me again and again, of course like above, i'm mad, i flag and boom GT*O. The problem is, he was not alone, so i ended up killing 2 of his teammates because my black spirit rage was at 100%, now because they were 5 grinding, the 2 others come to help, and i'm still flaged so i f*cking rapped them and flaged off.

Now here is the tricky part wich disturbes me so f*cking much: killing 5 means 5 x 60k = -300k, so i'm red now, but i still don't know what that means, they came back the 5 of them, and remember i'm flagged OFF, and they can attack while they are flagged OFF too, so i was thinking, well i'll f*ck them up i can't lose more karma because logicaly i'm flagged OFF, but here the surprise: I CAN'T TOUCH THEM !!! THEY ARE ATTACKING ME AND I CAN'T ATTACK BACK, so the only solution is i flag on and i f*cking ----- them again, and just by doing that to defend myself, i've got -300k karma AGAIN, then i check my karma and WTF?? -650k HOLLYSHIT.

So that was the story, let's talk about how the life change:

- I can't afk anymore, so RIP afk fishing and any other afk activities

- I can't go to capitals to get my materials and store my drops or doing whatever i normaly do without been attacked by guards and players that you CAN'T ATTACK BACK unless you flag on to LOSE MORE KARMA

- I must grind like ALL THE TIME, the maximum karma i get for now is 64 + 3% karma gem on head = 65, 650k divided by 65= 10 000 mobs to kill, and while grinding, players attacking me and killing me just because they won't lose SH*T from that...so i need a secret grinding spot that gives 65 karma per kill...figure that out if you can!

- When i'm attacked my only option is to run, like a f*cking wizard would be able to run in 1v1. Remember i can't ATTACK BACK, so i must run or die = lose 2% exp + all my 600k-1M worth gems broked + drops from my bag....

So yeah, you feel like, i can't play this caracter anymore (of course if you didn't chose to be a red player), let's hear from you guys, and please players who come to cry and say bad things, don't comment, it's a discution about, in my opinion, an imblanced system.

Update: even if someone flagged ON is attacking you, you can't attack him back unless you flag ON too!! WTF

I like the part where a team of people looking to grind catfish were supposedly following him around through server changes just to compete with him for the mobs. As opposed to just staying and grinding catfish with him gone.

Katt fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 2, 2018

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Just go slay fadus for like an hour lo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Just go slay fadus for like an hour lo

lol if you think it's 1 hr for 600k karma

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

1 hour give or take 10 faduhek

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I found it odd when asked about why these people aren't on PvP servers if they want to contest for everything without karma they just claim the PvP servers are dead or if they go there they'll get killed by people with full pen gear.

The only thing more mind boggling is people claiming you are a karma bomber if you try to contest your spot that you were farming first when they flagged and killed you expecting you to just leave.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

I found it odd when asked about why these people aren't on PvP servers if they want to contest for everything without karma they just claim the PvP servers are dead or if they go there they'll get killed by people with full pen gear.

The only thing more mind boggling is people claiming you are a karma bomber if you try to contest your spot that you were farming first when they flagged and killed you expecting you to just leave.

1. Arguably every server is a pvp server since you can pvp on them.

2. There is only 1 "pvp" server and like 30+ normal ones

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

That dudes a loving idiot who let his emotions carry him to where he deserves

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Giving negative karma is the only defense I have. I'm like 0-15 at the abandoned iron mine. I'm bad and don't even notice they're hitting me and the mobs until I'm CCed.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Baiting carebears into your griefer hell is :eng101: poo poo. I guess people need to learn how to outthink the griefers somehow...

edit: heck yeah stirrups. Shigarillo just got a lot more fun.

This game is really like a Dynasty Warriors MMO turned up to 11. It's great fun.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jan 2, 2018

J
Jun 10, 2001

Khako posted:

Giving negative karma is the only defense I have. I'm like 0-15 at the abandoned iron mine. I'm bad and don't even notice they're hitting me and the mobs until I'm CCed.

People often zoom through abandoned iron mines looking for the elite spawns, clearing all the elites, then channel switching to find more elites. Anyone doing this will likely turn you into roadkill if you're near an elite spawn at the time they come passing through. Given that people doing this probably have decent gear, and the other abandoned iron mine mobs are intended for fresh level 50ish players with no gear, the odds aren't in your favor. But also I wouldn't expect the same guy to be killing you over and over either.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I have very mixed feelings about the farmers asking me to kill all these bees. Not the giant parasitic bees, but two farmers now have asked me to destroy perfectly normal looking hives of bees. Noooooo bees are good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

"Your body is heavy."

Yeah well gently caress you too game. Oh, you mean encumbrance. Uh, thanks for the heads up, I guess.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

In case people haven't seen it in discord already, there is a maid giveaway event that ends in 2.5 hours. You need to be lvl 52, then talk to your black spirit and take Black Spirit's Gift (Maid) or whatever is similar.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh I finally found the button to turn off displaying hats! I'm feeling a lot better about the witch's hobochic now that I don't need to see the stupid hat. I'm not opposed to silly hats, but it took me four trips to the character creator and literally hours to figure out how to make brown hair* and I drat well want to see it.

*I am not a smart person.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i hope all of you remembered to stock up on 100k pet food before they jack up the prices

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

In case people haven't seen it in discord already, there is a maid giveaway event that ends in 2.5 hours. You need to be lvl 52, then talk to your black spirit and take Black Spirit's Gift (Maid) or whatever is similar.

Christ, the 1 day in the last 6 months that i don't log in to at least collect attendance rewards and that is the day they give out the maid.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you had like 2 weeks

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you had like you didn't actually miss it
https://twitter.com/bdo_news/status/948468235661320192

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Species situation is all hosed up.

Yeah we hope to be able to talk to these swamp lizard people and make peace someday. But we can't talk to them yet, so go kill a bunch for us, thanks. Oh, btw, we eat their eggs.

:stonk:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Most people skip the dialogue in the game but there are so many surreal quest texts that make you double take.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Killing all of them is basically making peace dude

Cant be aggressive if theres none left to be aggressive

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Didnt see that Lahns datamined awakening weapons are two disproportionately large swords that are extremely anime. Also maybe some chains that she can attach to them, we dont know.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Good stuff! That was surprisingly generous of them (?)

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

Good stuff! That was surprisingly generous of them (?)

The maid tooltip implies that a maid placed in a city only applies to that region around the city. Which means a lot of people aren't buying them. This is probably to give people a taste of maids so they'll buy more.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I just caught a 'wild' horse with his mane and tail braided. How did he do that?

I'm gonna get arrested for cattle rustling. :ohdear:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Facebook Aunt posted:

I just caught a 'wild' horse with his mane and tail braided. How did he do that?

I'm gonna get arrested for cattle rustling. :ohdear:

Bronies in the wild.

Probably escaped from the Kzarka shrine.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

When you've boosted someone's Mystic to 56 and they have spent a full 60 minutes as Awakened.

Katt fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 4, 2018

Daxley
Apr 13, 2016
My general experience with Black Desert Online was for the first few weeks it was fun and entertaining but then the real grind set in. I realized I had to leave my PC on and running most of the day in order to advance at any reasonable pace compared to the rest of the population. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for enjoying this game without burning unnecessary amounts of cash on electric bills or micro transactions?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Daxley posted:

My general experience with Black Desert Online was for the first few weeks it was fun and entertaining but then the real grind set in. I realized I had to leave my PC on and running most of the day in order to advance at any reasonable pace compared to the rest of the population. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for enjoying this game without burning unnecessary amounts of cash on electric bills or micro transactions?

Stop caring about "compared to the rest of the population"

Also move away from california because the electricity isn't that much

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Daxley posted:

With the game in low resource mode (sent to tray) the graphics cards barely have to do any work at all and the power use should be insignificant :shrug:

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I don't even pay electric utilities and I worry about the burn on my cpu. But I only log in for short blips now to collect fame money like once a week and poke around. The grind got to been too much for me but I still like to play vicariously through the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Your cpu will die of age before being burnt out hth