Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Glazers gonna Glaz...

https://twitter.com/NFLosophy/status/948007028768890885

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus loving Christ, Matt Ryan doesn't deserve this kinda help

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
whoop

https://twitter.com/MarkDulgerianOS/status/948228244607614977

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Missing him like a lost distance girlfriend

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Dayum! Lookin like Matt Ryan juking Luke Kuechly!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

god drat that MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

:vince:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

lernin' how to cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rFVQFPhoGw

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I hate you both :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

I hate you both :smith:

Sorry we kept you from the 4 seed so we could... be in the postseason at all???

edit: lol in retrospect we woulda been in regardless, all we did was gently caress you out of the division title.

On the downside, we let New Orleans have the division title, so...

Cards game prolly woulda turned out different if the Hawks were playing for something too, so I guess we took care of bidness regardless.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 3, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

edit: lol in retrospect we woulda been in regardless, all we did was gently caress you out of the division title.

Cards game prolly woulda turned out different if the Hawks were playing for something too, so I guess we took care of bidness regardless.

Hawks were playing for something though if we lost, no? Since we were playing at the same time they did have something to play for and it's not like we were blowing out Carolina. I love that we ended the seasons of Green Bay and Seattle in back to back weeks just like last year :allears:

On another note, Levitre is on IR with triceps surgery. I hope Mack can work his magic against Donald...I'm scared for Matt :ohdear:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I was resigned to playing Carolina playing the Saints regardless, but I definitely would've preferred doing so at home.

I'm so nervous :ohdear:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

ozymandius1024 posted:

I was resigned to playing Carolina playing the Saints regardless, but I definitely would've preferred doing so at home.

I was hoping for the early Saturday game so I could try to sober up before bed and have a day to sleep off a probably hangover from watching the Panthers lose by 3 touchdowns. Monday's going to be great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Relax.

Panthers are going down hard.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

Relax.

Panthers are going down hard.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'd just like to see the Panthers play a competitive game against the Saints this season. The game in New Orleans was particularly galling because literally everything fell apart after we scored the game-opening touchdown. It'd be nice to see Carolina put forth an effort against the Saints that doesn't involve even the punter making catastrophic errors.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RumbleFish posted:

I'd just like to see the Panthers play a competitive game against the Saints this season. The game in New Orleans was particularly galling because literally everything fell apart after we scored the game-opening touchdown. It'd be nice to see Carolina put forth an effort against the Saints that doesn't involve even the punter making catastrophic errors.

Honestly I think it's gonna be a real good game and down to the last play.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Go Panthers

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

To hell

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

As a Bucs fan who has no bias, I honestly think any given Sunday is in effect and any playoff NFC South team could beat the other. There are no locks.

Or, to put it another way, all three of your teams have an equal chance of collapsing. :twisted:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

WampaLord posted:

As a Bucs fan who has no bias, I honestly think any given Sunday is in effect and any playoff NFC South team could beat the other. There are no locks.

Or, to put it another way, all three of your teams have an equal chance of collapsing. :twisted:

We did our collapsing last week :smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That's fine, so long as it's after they beat the Saints!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gonna go 3-0 versus Cam.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

ozymandius1024 posted:

We did our collapsing last week :smug:

:same:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Honestly I think the Rams or the Vikings have a much better shot of going to the big game than any of the NFC South teams, but if one of them were to make it, I'd bet on the Saints.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Honestly I think the Rams or the Vikings have a much better shot of going to the big game than any of the NFC South teams, but if one of them were to make it, I'd bet on the Saints.

Rams/Vikings gonna kill each other in the divisional round & whoever survives Panthers/Saints gonna pick the bones in the NFCCG after cruising through the Eagles.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

WampaLord posted:

Honestly I think the Rams or the Vikings have a much better shot of going to the big game than any of the NFC South teams

Considering the Rams[1] and the Vikings[2] both beat the Saints[3], I'd have to agree.[4] I mean, I hope a rematch can change things, but I'm not hopeful.

[1] Both Marshon Lattimore and Ken Crawley were out with injuries, leaving the backup CBs to start.
[2] First game of season, before ditching Peterson and learning that Kamara is a wizard.
[3] The Vikings also beat the Falcons, but lost to the Panthers.
[4] The Vikings skulldragged the Rams in Week 11, 24-7, so they are the favorite.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

What sucks is if you put last years Falcon offense with this years Falcon defense, you can put them in the Superbowl right now with Wentz going down and Philly struggling. :negative:

I still struggle with Goff and Keenum in the playoffs. No doubt they look great in the regular season, but inexperienced QBs in the playoffs tend to fold. Rams are also very young across the board.

But yeah, if I had to rank the NFCS teams who I think will advance to the superbowl it would be 1. Saints 2. Falcons 3. Panthers though I think Minny ends up being the NFC representative.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

[3] The Vikings also beat the Falcons, but lost to the Panthers.

It was a close game that we should have won if not for stupid offensive blunders as per the yoosh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, look, we're all beautiful and pretty princesses except the Buccs who are wearing the black ring.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'd just like to point out that in their Whites, the Buccs are literally wearing a Scarlet Letter.

I'd also like to point out that after buying Carl Nicks, an offensive lineman who had Hall of Fame talent, in free agency, they then proceeded to give him and a kicker MRSA from their nasty-rear end training facility.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 4, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

I'd just like to point out that in their Whites, the Buccs are literally wearing a Scarlet Letter.

I'd also like to point out that after buying Carl Nicks, an offensive lineman who had Hall of Fame talent, in free agency, they then proceeded to give him and a kicker MRSA from their nasty-rear end training facility.

Never forget

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Assassination of Carl Nicks by the Coward Greg Schiano

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guess he just wasn't a Schiano Man

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Guess he just wasn't a Schiano Man

Who among us is? Who could possibly be?

I'd pay money to see the aftermath of a Schiano-coached Richie Incognito.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Who among us is? Who could possibly be?

I'd pay money to see the aftermath of a Schiano-coached Richie Incognito.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alvin Kamara rules

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/948985664577658887

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

He'll also be dead by the time his rookie contract runs out so enjoy him while you can...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He'll also be dead by the time his rookie contract runs out so enjoy him while you can...

NFL players in New Orleans usually end up dead after they retire, not before.

• Locked thread