Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

otbnd posted:

OP seems a little dated as far as clans go...whats the current NA ps4 clan that isn't full? PSN name is KindDandro if someone wants to play this lovely game with me.

its not dated at all if you join the discord like the op says, lots of clans aren't full just come and ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

SUNKOS posted:

Are many people here still actually playing this game, or is it mostly discussion of design flaws and speculation of what/how things could be fixed? Just curious since another community I looked at had most people going back to Destiny 1 and I was interested in seeing if people here have mostly given up on D2 as well?

Games dead bro, the DLC was very short lived and Bungie are dead in the water with what to do with the game/state of the communities disappoint and disengagement. Like any game though there are still hangers on who are very vocal + spend money on eververse :homebrew: unless by magic the next DLC or two are literally fundamentally game changing the player base will keep shrinking into nothing. It takes no effort to log into the forums here to check up and Wishlist or complain though so don’t take this small echo chamber as gospel.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I took a break from early October to the release of CoO, but since them I've played pretty consistently and every day during the Dawning for the daily gifts. The new loot collections and Masterwork chase restored some of the feeling that there's worthwhile things left to earn.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Finally rolled reload on my Better Devils. my meta load out is complete

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

No the issue is you can aim right at them and the bullets magically go through them.

Its horseshit.

Lol dude, don't get all salty. I've only got a crucible K/D of like, 1.1. I'm garbage. But I still murder cloaked dudes all the time, no problem. That sounds like lag, bad aim, or both?

What gun(s) are you using?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i think hes good on the advice thing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Legs Benedict posted:

i think hes good on the advice thing

Well then he should stop complaining like a little bitch :colbert:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

Are many people here still actually playing this game, or is it mostly discussion of design flaws and speculation of what/how things could be fixed? Just curious since another community I looked at had most people going back to Destiny 1 and I was interested in seeing if people here have mostly given up on D2 as well?

I raid with my clan once a week and maybe jump onto a NF if anyone is on. Other than that not really.
I played D1 almost non stop but this time round the grind doesnt seem worth it. I dont even mind the 4 player pvp its just the fact that theyve slowed everyone down in the dumbest way possible whilst also making the game way way easier. Leviathan raid is a peice of piss compared to previous raids.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Fly Molo posted:

Lol dude, don't get all salty. I've only got a crucible K/D of like, 1.1. I'm garbage. But I still murder cloaked dudes all the time, no problem. That sounds like lag, bad aim, or both?

What gun(s) are you using?

You really have no loving idea

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SUNKOS posted:

Lol most people maybe do some milestones early in the week and that’s about it. Maybe there’s a raid or two that get thrown together.

Bone Krew is barely active at all, most people are playing the division or wishing a thin skinned dipshit didn’t have the keys to the clan slack

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 3, 2018

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Fly Molo posted:

As a fellow crucible shitlord, I encourage you to try to tell one of the legitimately top ranked destiny players in the world that he can't aim, and should get gud.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

haveblue posted:

I took a break from early October to the release of CoO, but since them I've played pretty consistently and every day during the Dawning for the daily gifts. The new loot collections and Masterwork chase restored some of the feeling that there's worthwhile things left to earn.
Same here. I was away for a while but I've been playing regularly again the past week which surprised me. I'm just about to start the Saint 14 questline which is supposed to be good.

If the game had flopped on launch I would say that it was doomed but troubled games with initial high sales always have a chance to rebound.

And even that's not really true. R6 Siege flopped on launch but now has a bigger playerbase than ever. Supporting the game and community interaction goes a long way

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I like destiny 2, I've got ten million carrots with masterworks to chase as a Gun Guy, I finally started raiding last week and the raids rule (Argos is the best encounter in either Destiny), I like 4v4 pvp because I'm a big dumb baby

D2 good

deadwing fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 3, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I like PVP because sometimes everyone I'm playing with is real real bad and so is the other team and I get to feel like king poo poo when I golden gun 3 people to death 2 times in a match.

Most of the time I'm getting shithoused by people who play ALL THE TIME while I grind competetive wins for my helmet ornament.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Can I get a one-sentence synopsis of this aim assist issue? I tried keeping an eye out for it in Crucible, and I may just not understand what I'm looking for. Or maybe it doesn't affect the Windows version due to the controls handling differences?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bone Krew is barely active at all, most people are playing the division or wishing a thin skinned dipshit didn’t have the keys to the clan slack

No joke bros it's like that episode of the Twilight Zone where the godly 6 year old forces everyone to be happy and think happy thoughts even though it SUCKS and anime is banned and I hate it

No no no NO WRECKS GET OUT OF MY HEAD

[turns into a corncob]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So are the Verses just grinding various things until you get the drop to do the next one?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

Can I get a one-sentence synopsis of this aim assist issue? I tried keeping an eye out for it in Crucible, and I may just not understand what I'm looking for. Or maybe it doesn't affect the Windows version due to the controls handling differences?

Aim assist is tuned way down on PC.

RBA Starblade posted:

So are the Verses just grinding various things until you get the drop to do the next one?

Yup, and you can do 4 verses/week. The scout rifle and shotgun are both legitimately good weapons. Haven't been impressed with the rest yet.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 3, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffle House posted:

The Hunter invisibility power disables at least one of the subtle tweaks used to make the analog sticks easier to use, so suddenly your rotation behaves differently from what your reflexes and muscle memory expect and aiming at them becomes much, much harder. Since D2 is a game of breakpoints and split seconds, the lost time and opportunity from overshooting and correcting can easily cost you the encounter and it's really frustrating because it's clear that you lost because you were tricked into loving up.

I guess the PC equivalent would be if the game suddenly decided to change your mouse acceleration for a moment.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If you want hunter recovery armor farm the Io events. Got the gensym knight helmet and legs so far which are pretty sweet looking.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No joke bros it's like that episode of the Twilight Zone where the godly 6 year old forces everyone to be happy and think happy thoughts even though it SUCKS and anime is banned and I hate it

[turns into a corncob]

Anime is pure trash so this seems like a good system to me

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[turns into a corncob]

Nah

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

If you want hunter recovery armor farm the Io events. Got the gensym knight helmet and legs so far which are pretty sweet looking.

Or just, you know, buy them from Space Sheldon.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Chilichimp posted:

Aim assist is tuned way down on PC.

Ahaaa. Hmm.

haveblue posted:

The Hunter invisibility power disables at least one of the subtle tweaks used to make the analog sticks easier to use, so suddenly your rotation behaves differently from what your reflexes and muscle memory expect and aiming at them becomes much, much harder. Since D2 is a game of breakpoints and split seconds, the lost time and opportunity from overshooting and correcting can easily cost you the encounter and it's really frustrating because it's clear that you lost because you were tricked into loving up.

I guess the PC equivalent would be if the game suddenly decided to change your mouse acceleration for a moment.

Yes, yes I think I see why this could be extremely annoying.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 3, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Trials on PC is so sweaty haha. Even the top streamers are having a lot of trouble. The top player on guardian.gg is some csgo rear end in a top hat with a 3000 elo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Apparently D2 development began the day they announced it was being "delayed" a year

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Fly Molo posted:

CheeseFactory posted:

The Dunner-Kruger is real.

I cannot even comprehend those numbers. Teach me, wise one.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Apparently D2 development began the day they announced it was being "delayed" a year

Oh word?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

I feel like this thread has reached peak ridiculousness.

I mean I am a goddamn idiot and bad at PVP and my KD is terribad but I'm not going to lecture goddamn Rappo about how "PVP works"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

I play if my friends play since they got it for xmas and havent hit the 3ft bottom of this pool yet. But beyond that no i dont play. New exotics are old exotics. New weapons are garbage and boring and mercury was a shallow puddle of diarrhea.

I hear the raid lair is good but i cant give enough of a gently caress to try to play it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm going to guess that the 50th percentile and the 99th percentile guys don't face the same opponents, with the same loadouts, and the same strategies.

I also think it's fair to ask whether the game should be balanced around the tiniest handful of most skilled players, or closer to where the majority of players skill sets are

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

Are many people here still actually playing this game

Absolutely. I'm presently playing through a sizable queue of other games I picked up during all the holiday sales in the PS Store but I'm never far from Destiny. Nothing comes close to the gun feel and so I never come close to leaving.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm going to guess that the 50th percentile and the 99th percentile guys don't face the same opponents, with the same loadouts, and the same strategies.

I also think it's fair to ask whether the game should be balanced around the tiniest handful of most skilled players, or closer to where the majority of players skill sets are

Absolutely. I think the middle to lower end of the bell curve have a bigger problem with grouped up team shot. It's low risk, high reward.

Those same grouped up team shot dudes will get torn up by a team that knows how to push and work angles, the issue is that they never see a team that knows how to pull that off outside of Trials because of our boy SBMM

Those of us closer to the top just spend all our time bitching about nightstalkers because seriously, gently caress nightstalkers

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Only Bungie can make pvp that’s got tight sbmm but ends up boring and bad for all skill bands.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Link? (Not that I doubt that)

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Roman posted:

Link? (Not that I doubt that)

It's from this DTR Podcast

Here's some text I stole from spergtown Reddit:

Jason Schreirer posted:

I think that it (Destiny 2) was made in a relatively short period of time. There was a big reboot of Destiny 2 at some point of early 2016. There had been a previous director who was directing the game before Luke Smith (who's the current director) took over. So that guy was kind of put aside and Luke Smith took over. I believe that was in April of 2016 but I might be misremembering. Don't hold me to that exact line. So if you think about it that way then they didn't really have a ton of time. It had been a 16 months period between the reboot and when the game finally shipped.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Is there a shotgun with Grave Robber? Because that would be perfect.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

strangemusic posted:

Is there a shotgun with Grave Robber? Because that would be perfect.

Quoting this monumental post, the first time someone has ever asked for grave robber in the history of Destiny

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

Quoting this monumental post, the first time someone has ever asked for grave robber in the history of Destiny

Just goes to show how bland the guns have gotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Daeno posted:

It's from this DTR Podcast

Here's some text I stole from spergtown Reddit:

lmao everyone should watch this, holy poo poo