Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I looked it up the name's just Rin. Like as in CatheRINe. Shameful.

The third “Catherine” is named Rin (voiced by Aya Hirano). She is a pianist at Vincent’s regular bar, and has an exceedingly honest and gentle personality. Rin’s involvement in the story will introduce new branches for the other two “Catherines.”
The new “Catherine,” Rin, is described as a healing existence that assists the nightmare-ridden Vincent and shows him new values. While her speech and conduct give off an aura of considerably lacking in common, she is a very straightforward and gentle character.

I'm gonna guess that's 'lacking in common sense' cause not a lot else makes that sentence readable.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aya :love:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Saint Freak posted:

I looked it up the name's just Rin. Like as in CatheRINe. Shameful.

The third “Catherine” is named Rin (voiced by Aya Hirano). She is a pianist at Vincent’s regular bar, and has an exceedingly honest and gentle personality. Rin’s involvement in the story will introduce new branches for the other two “Catherines.”
The new “Catherine,” Rin, is described as a healing existence that assists the nightmare-ridden Vincent and shows him new values. While her speech and conduct give off an aura of considerably lacking in common, she is a very straightforward and gentle character.

I'm gonna guess that's 'lacking in common sense' cause not a lot else makes that sentence readable.

Nothing that the localization crew can't fix.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
For a good wizardry-type dungeon crawler, try dungeon traveler. It's got lots of classes and abilities, flexible party (1-5 members, even), interesting dungeons, and lots if anime waifus. Even the monsters are waifus.

Also, 2-2 is great if you can read Japanese / it ever gets translated to English.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Really Pants posted:

it'll be Gaelic

Ghaodhlleiryndl (pronounced Catherine)
Actually the Irish for Catherine is Cáit. :colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Caitedfwlch

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

so is atlus' business model just updated remakes with a new girl added in now

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

looking forward to the p4 remake with Saki's ghost as an SL

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cosigning this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Really Pants posted:

it'll be Gaelic

Ghaodhlleiryndl (pronounced Catherine)

That’s faux-Welsh, not Gaelic

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

whatever they speak over in the United Kingdom of Great Britain idk

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 19, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please name the new girl Edge Edge Edge Edge Edge Edge

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saint Freak posted:

Please name the new girl Edge Edge Edge Edge Edge Edge

No, Tim Langdell will hear you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Erg posted:

looking forward to the p4 remake with Saki's ghost as an SL

Persona 4: Golden: Platinum

Persona 4: Golden: Golden...er

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

totalnewbie posted:

For a good wizardry-type dungeon crawler, try dungeon traveler. It's got lots of classes and abilities, flexible party (1-5 members, even), interesting dungeons, and lots if anime waifus. Even the monsters are waifus.

Also, 2-2 is great if you can read Japanese / it ever gets translated to English.

quote:

An example comparison of in-game imagery censored in the western release due to sexual themes. The bottom image depicts the original Japanese version featuring an enemy boss performing fellatio on a "spirit" while being covered in a mystery fluid, while the top image shows the edited western version with the lewd elements removed.

well im sold

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Yeeeeah there's a lot of that. Those pictures are more or less a "bonus reward" for beating the bosses. They don't show up again unless you go to the gallery to view them. The rest of the game is just chock full of innuendo. Not sure if 2-2 has more or if some get lost in translation but it's definitely heavy on fan service and sexual jokes.

...the game play is solid, though!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay who here bought Drive Girls and can tell me if it's worth £12??

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i certainly hope so!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hey thread, is there any potential homebrew stuff I can do with 3.65 that I can’t do with the most recent one?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Last Celebration posted:

Hey thread, is there any potential homebrew stuff I can do with 3.65 that I can’t do with the most recent one?

You can buy a new motherboard on ebay and not worry about it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I really do hope 2-2 gets translated but I've nearly lost hope on an announcement from Atlus. I played the poo poo out of it but it'd be nice to play it in a language I understand instead of trying to vaguely piece stuff together and scramble for a wiki after.

I'd also really like to know what the gently caress was going on with the true ending but I doubt having it in English would help in the least. Suppose the good news is they make a sequel to it they have two potential ways to write themselves out of a corner.

EDIT: please do not buy drive girls, it is bad and stupid and not in a funny way, just a painful way

Stanos fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 26, 2017

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Stanos posted:

I really do hope 2-2 gets translated but I've nearly lost hope on an announcement from Atlus. I played the poo poo out of it but it'd be nice to play it in a language I understand instead of trying to vaguely piece stuff together and scramble for a wiki after.

I'd also really like to know what the gently caress was going on with the true ending but I doubt having it in English would help in the least. Suppose the good news is they make a sequel to it they have two potential ways to write themselves out of a corner.

EDIT: please do not buy drive girls, it is bad and stupid and not in a funny way, just a painful way

At least the story more-or-less only exists as an excuse to have the game. You're missing out on some quality 8th grade sex jokes, though.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I caught some of those but there were still some funny/cute ones like tsurara and luko catching rats to eat, the Irina as doting mother bits and the free hug coupon. Of course for every cute or funny one there was 3 that amount to 'little Fried is rude/pompous and likes big boobs'. Probably my favorite though is the first seal book in postgame and finding Siena's crude drawings of therians and how completely childish it ends up being. "You saw them, didn't you?"

It was also nice to see continuations on characters that played off each other well continue but they do kind of take a backseat to luko and Siena. Still good to have more ist/El and tsurara/yae skits.

The story just kind of exists to keep things moving but it still would've been nice to have more context than I had sometimes past 'okay I'm going here to... Power up a magic tree seed? I think? Oh hey I get ist finally, cool'

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Stanos posted:

please do not buy drive girls, it is bad and stupid and not in a funny way, just a painful way

dont tell me what to do
lol yeah it sucks, the novelty of drifting through a cluster of bugs is lost when you see every level is the same thing forever

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

well they've been doing it since 2006

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Cake Attack posted:

We don't know that it's a girl, but

Manatee Cannon posted:

they've been doing it since 2006

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Cake Attack posted:

waiting for my p5 remake with kawakami as a playable character. her maid outfit is her metaverse outfit.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

LuiCypher posted:

waiting for my p5 remake with kawakami as a playable character. her maid outfit is her metaverse outfit.

And her gun is a sniper rifle.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

At least SMT V is starting out with a girl.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Let's be real if there is ever a Vita version of P5, it's gonna be from the PoV of Kamoshida.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Beelerzebub posted:

We don't know that it's a girl, but

They're adding a gay route to Catherine?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Megalixir posted:

They're adding a gay route to Catherine?

People are speculating that Rin may be a chick with a dick.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Beelerzebub posted:

People are speculating that Rin may be a chick with a dick.

Honestly, seeing as how non-intimate Vincent was with his supposed girlfriend I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't let him see anything down there and he's simply shocked.

Still, that might be angel angel - i.e. no genitals at all - situation.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe trans woman would be a better term than chick with a dick

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe in real life but in Anime not so much.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Maybe in real life but in Anime not so much.

i emphatically disagree.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Help Im Alive posted:

But being a chick with a dick doesn't imply any sort of transsexuality?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

This seems about right for the vita thread

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What if she is 5000 years old? How does that change things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cake Attack posted:

This seems about right for the vita thread

i'd say it's not, because if this were more indicative of the vita thread, this whole argument would've been settled in three posts when someone brought up futas as being their own separate thing