Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Snipee posted:

Is it normal for China to never unify in EU4? I’m surprised at how badly they fared here.

China starts united in unmodded EU4 and generally stays that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

My only hopes are that New England has its own War of 1812 analogue with Neimni Sund to clean up its borders and that plucky little Rhodes survives March of the Eagles.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Snipee posted:

Is it normal for China to never unify in EU4? I’m surprised at how badly they fared here.

Yeah, if China falls apart during the early years of vanilla EU4, then it's not very likely that any ai power is gonna be able to reunite it. Feng had the best chance of doing it in this lp, and only managed to conquer a good half of China before succumbing to separatist rebellions.

QuoProQuid posted:

My only hopes are that New England has its own War of 1812 analogue with Neimni Sund to clean up its borders and that plucky little Rhodes survives March of the Eagles.

New English and Irish will definitely run into trouble sooner or later, especially since I'll probably add an event chain in v2 to allow Neimni Sund and Anbaila to unite into a single power, in opposition to an aggressive Ibriz and/or New England.

edit: I posted this map earlier in the thread, and looking back on it, a unified Anbaila-Neimni Sund state would actually look really weird. I might add a border conference or something to smooth out the Irish-Ibrizi borders along with the unifying event (assuming they do end up choosing the right options for unification). Or, you know, it could just be settled through war.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 2, 2018

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Those American borders look too good for V2. What map mod are you using?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Those American borders look too good for V2. What map mod are you using?

I'm not completely sure, but I think it might just be the map used in the Divergences mod? It's an alternative province map for North America, making it more suitable for mega-LPs, basically changing the regions from this:

to this:

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

That's some sexy, sexy regions!

Giving the southern lands of OTL Mississippi from Ibriz to Neimni would give a rather sexy border between the two along the Mississippi River itself. Food for thought.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

World wars have, according to some arguments, been fought for less.

But I agree with giving the non-Ibrizian Gharbians more of a chance anyway.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 2, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Anbaila+Neimi would be one loving grossass border ngl

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

China starts out unified in vanilla EU4, and with Mandate of Heaven they are an absolute terror.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Anbaila+Neimi would be one loving grossass border ngl

Yeah, I'm not sure why they wouldn't just unite with Albionoria, especially with the threat of Ibriz.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they wouldn't just unite with Albionoria, especially with the threat of Ibriz.

They could, I don't mind including them in the event, but Albionoria is just vast swathes of snow interrupted by the occasional beaver - I think their max army limit at the game start is 1 brigade, New England alone will still be far more powerful than Neimni Sund+Anbaila+Albionoria. But for the sake of borders, sure.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The Celtic colonies are gonna be free real estate for anyone that gets a half-decent immigrant rate.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

new england master plan

1. attract colonists
2. annex the perfidious celtic states
3. learn to begrudingly tolerate the existence of ibriz
4. ????
5. conquer the home islands and end this wretched exile in uncivilized america

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

new england master plan

1. attract colonists
2. annex the perfidious celtic states
3. learn to begrudingly tolerate the existence of ibriz
4. ????
5. conquer the home islands and end this wretched exile in uncivilized america

nah, obviously the parliament in exile will be taking notes from the majlis

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Hashim posted:

They could, I don't mind including them in the event, but Albionoria is just vast swathes of snow interrupted by the occasional beaver - I think their max army limit at the game start is 1 brigade, New England alone will still be far more powerful than Neimni Sund+Anbaila+Albionoria. But for the sake of borders, sure.

Shouldn't there be some EU4 development points/Vicky population in the Ontario panhandle?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
A great end to a great tragedy! Also, wait...

Does that confucian icon mean that manicheanism has the harmonization or sycrentism mechanics? If so..

catlord posted:

I'm still hoping for a comeback from Waono. Also curious to see how long the Red Turbans can go on ruling like that, you'd think the Confucian Koreans would be chafing.

Then this is pretty much nil as an issue, I would think.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

NewMars posted:

A great end to a great tragedy! Also, wait...

Does that confucian icon mean that manicheanism has the harmonization or sycrentism mechanics? If so..

I don't know if it is, but from what I read Manicheanism seems like it was designed/tweaked to be as palatable as possible along the silk road so that would make sense. It also is like a grab bag of random Judeo-Christian traditions with a sprinkling of Zoroastrianism to make it interesting.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

NewMars posted:

Oh! I am super far behind on EU4 DLC, with nothing past Res Publica, so I haven't played it in a long time, I've never seen that. I wonder what that means for Korean culture. Do they have Hangul, or did having Chinese Manichean overlords lead to further developments in Idu script? Someone mentioned the Manichean's vegetarianism and what that might mean for Korean cuisine, but maybe that's not such an issue if there are different rules for the different parts of society?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

catlord posted:

Oh! I am super far behind on EU4 DLC, with nothing past Res Publica, so I haven't played it in a long time, I've never seen that. I wonder what that means for Korean culture. Do they have Hangul, or did having Chinese Manichean overlords lead to further developments in Idu script? Someone mentioned the Manichean's vegetarianism and what that might mean for Korean cuisine, but maybe that's not such an issue if there are different rules for the different parts of society?

Basically Tengriism can syncrentize with a single religion for bonuses and treating every province of that religion as the true faith.

Confucianism can harmonize instead, which does the same thing, with the differences being that it is a very lengthy process, but one that can be done with an unlimited number of religions. This means that it is theoretically possible to just keep on stacking bonuses if you expand crazy wide.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah I did a run as China once where I frantically ran all over the world trying to collect at least one of each heathen to try and get every single bonus possible. It was weirdly fun, like playing Pokemon but for world religions.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I would imagined that an easy way to better mod the Mandate of Heaven or the dynastic cycle after our timeline would have been to give a bunch of bonuses to one particular successor state and then to slowly strip those bonuses away / stack penalties on the dynasty shortly after they successfully unified the Middle Kingdom. For instance, there could be minimal revolts early on with the unified empire, but those revolts get larger and larger over time. Various events could fire to boost or reduce stability with their likelihood of firing depending on how long the country has been unified. The process then starts all over again with some other province after the country inevitably falls apart again. It is surprising to me that it sounds like China either stays unified or divided during the entire game of EU4.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Snipee posted:

I would imagined that an easy way to better mod the Mandate of Heaven or the dynastic cycle after our timeline would have been to give a bunch of bonuses to one particular successor state and then to slowly strip those bonuses away / stack penalties on the dynasty shortly after they successfully unified the Middle Kingdom. For instance, there could be minimal revolts early on with the unified empire, but those revolts get larger and larger over time. Various events could fire to boost or reduce stability with their likelihood of firing depending on how long the country has been unified. The process then starts all over again with some other province after the country inevitably falls apart again. It is surprising to me that it sounds like China either stays unified or divided during the entire game of EU4.

Well, IRL China did stay unified during the time period that EU4 spans except briefly during the Manchu conquest. Also EU4 is kinda bad at modeling the kind of civil wars that led to the reunifications of China.

E: Hell, IIRC you can't even really pull off the Manchu conquest as it went down historically either.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 3, 2018

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

RA Rx posted:

Shouldn't there be some EU4 development points/Vicky population in the Ontario panhandle?

Yeah, that's their most populous region, iirc.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The results of today's MotE hand's off game:

Morocco reclaimed Egypt for Islam! It was getting a bit dicey towards the end there, but it's pretty impressive.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

More like crusader Jerusalem now.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Hashim posted:

Morocco reclaimed Egypt for Islam! It was getting a bit dicey towards the end there, but it's pretty impressive.

Anatolian Republic?

:fap:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Jeoh posted:

Anatolian Republic?

:fap:

I was going to post this but I didn't want to look for the flag :effort:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Jeoh posted:

Anatolian Republic?

Yeah, I added a few decisions for the countries surrounding Serbia to become Revolutionary states if they're invaded and defeated in a war. It had happened to Vakhtanis/Armenia, Hungary and Bavaria, whilst Serbia became the Balkan Union after conquering Greece and Constantinople, before Morocco invaded and forced them to release Greece. Serbia basically became the big baddie this game, after the Almoravids crushed Tirruni in the early years.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 4, 2018

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

Yeah, I added a few decisions for the countries surrounding Serbia to become Revolutionary states if they invaded and defeated in a war. It had happened to Vakhtanis/Armenia, Hungary, and Bavaria, whilst Serbia became the Baltic Union after conquering Greece and Constantinople, before Morocco invaded them and forced them to release Greece. Serbia basically became the big baddie this day, after the Almoravids crushed Tirruni in the early years.

Almoravids crushed the Tirruni, Crusader Egypt, and Serbia?

They might need a nerf

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Hashim posted:

Serbia became the Baltic Union after conquering Greece and Constantinople

You mean Balkan, right? Otherwise they're conquering in the wrong direction.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Someone's underestimating the Serbians.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Almoravids crushed the Tirruni, Crusader Egypt, and Serbia?

They might need a nerf

Not really, it was just the luck of the dice, since they managed to attract France and Smolensk into their coalition before they could get bogged down in wars against the Celtic Empire and Novgorod, which is what happens most of the time. Defeating Tirruni so early (about 1825) allowed the Almoravids to focus on expanding their influence in the Eastern Mediterranean over the rest of the game. Unfortunately for Smolensk, they and France bore the brunt of Tirruni's wroth, and were left so destroyed by the war that Novgorod rolled over them a few years later, forming Russia whilst the Celts reunified the British Isles.

Grizzwold posted:

You mean Balkan, right? Otherwise they're conquering in the wrong direction.

Oops, yep, the Balkan Union.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hashim posted:

Yeah, I added a few decisions for the countries surrounding Serbia to become Revolutionary states if they invaded and defeated in a war. It had happened to Vakhtanis/Armenia, Hungary, and Bavaria, whilst Serbia became the Baltic Union after conquering Greece and Constantinople, before Morocco invaded them and forced them to release Greece. Serbia basically became the big baddie this day, after the Almoravids crushed Tirruni in the early years.
Really pushing those claims, aren't they?
:getin:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hashim posted:

Cherson sure has migrated a lot.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

Not really, it was just the luck of the dice, since they managed to attract France and Smolensk into their coalition before they could get bogged down in wars against the Celtic Empire and Novgorod, which is what happens most of the time. Defeating Tirruni so early (about 1825) allowed the Almoravids to focus on expanding their influence in the Eastern Mediterranean over the rest of the game. Unfortunately for Smolensk, they and France bore the brunt of Tirruni's wroth, and were left so destroyed by the war that Novgorod rolled over them a few years later, forming Russia whilst the Celts reunified the British Isles.

Y'know, other than Tirruni falling it really does sound like the superiour Timeline.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Luhood posted:

Y'know, other than Tirruni falling it really does sound like the superiour Timeline.

Depending on the state of Madhiyya.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

AJ_Impy posted:

Depending on the state of Madhiyya.

Also, it wasn't very long before Novgorod began running into trouble:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Also, it wasn't very long before Novgorod began running into trouble:

Best timeline.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

It's.. It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

It's.. It's beautiful.

Morocco controls the straits and (I think) Qadis, you thrice cursed traitor! :argh: