Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

strangemusic posted:

Is there a shotgun with Grave Robber? Because that would be perfect.

It'd be so good for cleanup :bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SUNKOS posted:

Are many people here still actually playing this game, or is it mostly discussion of design flaws and speculation of what/how things could be fixed? Just curious since another community I looked at had most people going back to Destiny 1 and I was interested in seeing if people here have mostly given up on D2 as well?

I bought it when the first DLC came out (Dec 5) and I'm already bored of it. Got to like 309 on one character, never got to do any nightfalls or raids or anything because no one's playing.

I guess I'm back to my old routine of playing for about 15 hours every time a DLC comes out and that's about it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I bought it when the first DLC came out (Dec 5) and I'm already bored of it. Got to like 309 on one character, never got to do any nightfalls or raids or anything because no one's playing.

I guess I'm back to my old routine of playing for about 15 hours every time a DLC comes out and that's about it.

Do you play on Xbone? We've got a clan that's fairly active whenever Daddy lets us have Recreation Time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I did the first raid only once because I found Calus to be really unfun. I still haven't gotten around to doing the raid lair. I'm enjoying the rest of the game still, though I'll be back to not caring about pvp with mayhem gone.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RBA Starblade posted:

I did the first raid only once because I found Calus to be really unfun. I still haven't gotten around to doing the raid lair. I'm enjoying the rest of the game still, though I'll be back to not caring about pvp with mayhem gone.

I'm in the same boat for the first two points, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing else in the game to enjoy. Getting the present parts to unlock stuff was tedious as all hell, and nobody I know is playing the game anymore at all so I haven't run a strike or anything more than once, and probably never will at this rate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd like to do the raid lair but so far I've been too lazy and preoccupied with the resurrected grind and other games to see if anyone's still doing sessions on discord.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Chilichimp posted:

I like PVP because sometimes everyone I'm playing with is real real bad and so is the other team and I get to feel like king poo poo when I golden gun 3 people to death 2 times in a match.

Most of the time I'm getting shithoused by people who play ALL THE TIME while I grind competetive wins for my helmet ornament.

I am you.

RBA Starblade posted:

Raid lair is much more crazy fun times, while being a bit more focused. It's basically a larger scale throne room fight with some added steps that don't require 100 different, potentially buggy things to go right every time.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 3, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sloane is currently selling one of the best pvp Shotguns in the game right now

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/ru/items/4138415948-hand-in-hand

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Daeno posted:

It's from this DTR Podcast

Here's some text I stole from spergtown Reddit:

quote:

He also talked about how Eververse came to existence. He said:
What Bungie decided was we can't do this any more this is too hard for us to do (referring to releasing a DLC every few months) the tools that we're working with are really hard to deal with. it's hard for us to make this much content. it's just hard to make content in general. And they said we're going to do a smaller or drip feed of smaller stuff and we're going to put up the Eververse and make money that way, and Activision said okay. it was a part of their renegotiated deal and they got to a point where they didn't have to be cranking up so much content

Ahahaha gently caress everything. This makes Mass Effect Andromeda look good in contrast. :psyboom:

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 3, 2018

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
gently caress me they rebooted D2 as well? In 2016?

:stare:

Why do you do this bungie. You have greatness at your fingertips.

Maybe their development tools are just so poo poo and the code is such a mess that they physically can't make this better. But we all saw end of life D1 and it was pretty good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Late stage capitalism owns

I love how the kotaku guy keeps repeating how public companies aren’t bad for having to show consistent growth-growth over measuring periods.

It’s almost as if he keeps repeating it because that helps him accept it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Father Wendigo posted:

Ahahaha gently caress everything. This makes Mass Effect Andromeda look good in contrast. :psyboom:
This isn't news, this is literally what they said when they rolled out Eververse in Destiny 1 years ago...

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Akuma posted:

This isn't news, this is literally what they said when they rolled out Eververse in Destiny 1 years ago...

True. But the revelation that this was a bungie idea approved by Activision is new.

I think we all just kinda assumed this was Activision fuckery.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Akuma posted:

I thought they said, "Eververse will pay for more frequent content additions"?

This looks more like they said, "We'll do Eververse and fewer content additions"?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I thought they said, "Eververse will pay for more frequent content additions"?

This looks more like they said, "We'll do Eververse and fewer content additions"?

Yeah this is the point

They basically admit that eververse was an end not a means.

I mean this could be a crazy game of telephone so who knows what exactly went down but that’s the key takeaway from what new info we got from the interview.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

And lets not pretend that the eververse stuff isnt the best looking or the most detailed.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

if I remember rightly it was initially pitched as 'you can buy emotes and we'll use the money to fund a team to do live events.'

instead it somehow mutated into 'all the loot is in there and you fuckers are going to pay for luke smiths next chin.'

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Destiny 2 is dead, Long Live Anthem

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

No the issue is you can aim right at them and the bullets magically go through them.

Its horseshit.

CheeseFactory posted:

You really have no loving idea

hmmmm idunno dude, i can kill them just fine. maybe try a gun with higher RPM, that's "rounds per minute". If you still have trouble, you might have better luck with grenades :nsa:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

moist turtleneck posted:

Destiny 2 is dead, Long Live Anthem

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Fly Molo posted:

hmmmm idunno dude, i can kill them just fine. maybe try a gun with higher RPM, that's "rounds per minute". If you still have trouble, you might have better luck with grenades :nsa:

Cheese I love you, and you are basically the only person whose opinion on Destiny I have any reason to respect, but this piss being taken from you is hilarious

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

RBA Starblade posted:

Shoulder charge and Skullfort is fun in PVE but if you go with the lightning punch one instead you're basically healing forever as long as there's something that isn't a knight, captain, or yellow bar to punch, and even then, just shoot your gun and then do it. You can punch so much it bugs out, forgets you're supposed to be able to immediately lightning punch again, then remembers the next time you hit the button and you keep healing. Combine with Crimson and anything out of punchrange is healing you anyway and if you run out of bullets, all of your punches reload Crimson. Between all that and the second grenade's cooldown nerf, I don't bother with that spec anymore.

e: Oh, also since it technically counts as punching every time you punch someone with the Fist of Havoc you heal too with the lightning punch and skullfort spec, and also each punch kill gives you time to punch something else too. It's super fun in PVE.

I run Nameless Midnight, Striker top tree, and Skullfort and everything explodes all the time.

To each their own of course, but IMO you're overthinking it.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 3, 2018

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy gently caress the hot fix was a wet death fart to allow players without CoO to do IB/FR.

I should've bet on mediocrity

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Some quality animation there

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Some quality animation there

The mocap guy refused to wear the giant shoulderpads

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

PathAsc posted:

Holy gently caress the hot fix was a wet death fart to allow players without CoO to do IB/FR.

I'm pretty sure they preannounced what today's update was going to be for.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

PathAsc posted:

i mean 1) they pretty much said this ahead of time and 2) what did you think it was gonna be

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Where's our live calendar update BUNGO

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

Where's our live calendar update BUNGO

Deej said that was on next week's docket.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mikey-San posted:

I run Nameless Midnight, Striker top tree, and Skullfort and everything explodes all the time.

To each their own of course, but IMO you're overthinking it.

I mean it boils down to "punch things in the face until they're dead or you are" for the most part. :v:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I am so mad about the eververse but for a completely different reason than everyone else. Every word out of Tess' mouth makes me see white blinding rage. Shut the gently caress about fenchurch and crates I hate you.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rubellavator posted:

I am so mad about the eververse but for a completely different reason than everyone else. Every word out of Tess' mouth makes me see white blinding rage. Shut the gently caress about fenchurch and crates I hate you.

This is where the sparrows live get you one!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think I'm going to spend some more time with the Division.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All the NPCs talk way too much, someone fat-fingered a script and left off a zero on their bark delay or something.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Rahool is the poo poo tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rubellavator posted:

Needless to say I sent the whole shipment back

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Cheese I love you, and you are basically the only person whose opinion on Destiny I have any reason to respect, but this piss being taken from you is hilarious

All this time i had not been using my nades.

:negative:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

All the NPCs talk way too much, someone fat-fingered a script and left off a zero on their bark delay or something.

need some new moooves guardian

how about a new look

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Needless to say I sent the whole shipment back

No don't stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Rubellavator posted:

Rahool is the poo poo tho

That dude's my boi because he talks about them ciiiiiiiiiiiphers all the time, but I am sometimes concerned for his vocal cords tbh

CheeseFactory posted:

All this time i had not been using my nades.