Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

brad said pubg made him feel more emotion than any game ever has lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

a real rude dude posted:

brad said pubg made him feel more emotion than any game ever has lmao

I believe him

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Kaubocks posted:

what do i even listen to now that goty is over

video games hot dog is a good podcast. maybe doughboys as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat did P5 not even win Style....

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think Kojima once said in an interview that he wanted to make a way for a game to destroy the disc it was playing on but Sony would never let him

this is what originally happened if you tried to wait out the end

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

you might not have heard about this, but cuphead looks like an old cartoon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

no cohesion.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Well I went ahead and bought a PS4 and Yakuza 0 & Kiwami so I guess I have Eric Wolpaw's list and Beast in the east part 1 & 2 to thank for that

With as much as East raved about this game I'm somewhat surprised it wasn't on more lists

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mp5 posted:

Well I went ahead and bought a PS4 and Yakuza 0 & Kiwami so I guess I have Eric Wolpaw's list and Beast in the east part 1 & 2 to thank for that

With as much as East raved about this game I'm somewhat surprised it wasn't on more lists

You're in for like two hundred hours of tier 1 kino gaming. Enjoy!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

i cant remember if they casually tried to bring up pubg for this one too like they did best world lmao

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

The Milkman posted:

What finally broke me was Persona 5 about to win best style but then Abby yelling Cuphead!! Cuphead!!! until they all agreed

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
what if instead of deliberating for 35 hours on a list that's bad anyway we got the fun skits again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Milkman posted:

what if instead of deliberating for 35 hours on a list that's bad anyway we got the fun skits again

imagine 2 weeks of fullcrew videos plus christmas week skits instead of sitting next to brad for 90 hours talking about how pubg made him cry or w/e the gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

imagine 2 weeks of fullcrew videos plus christmas week skits instead of sitting next to brad for 90 hours talking about how pubg made him cry or w/e the gently caress

drat...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

is this the garfield kart game
a friend streamed it once

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I remember right after they finished recording this year Jeff said something like "I feel really good about this years discussions. I feel like we had a lot of conversations about these games that we needed to have." & after listening to a small portion of it I'm like, lol what bitch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mp5 posted:

Happy gaming, Gamer

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

enjoyed brad making GBS threads all over destiny 2, giant bombs 6th best game of the year, on the 'cast this week

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

me, listening to goty

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

yea ok posted:

enjoyed brad making GBS threads all over destiny 2, giant bombs 6th best game of the year, on the 'cast this week

yeah lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I went back to destiny 2. I dont even know why haha, lol haha

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

me, listening to goty

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i blame you for jeff's crippling mr do addiction

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

i blame you for jeff's crippling mr do addiction

i feel like it would have happened without me, he's the one who kept bringing it up

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
has he played this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAKoa1BP3aY

it's Mr. Do reskinned with the characters from the hit RPG Quest 64

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mp5 posted:

ive never played a yakuza game and it was a lot of fun. although imo if you watch the beast in the east, it will ruin all of the funny surprises.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

vaginal facsimile posted:

ive never played a yakuza game and it was a lot of fun. although imo if you watch the beast in the east, it will ruin all of the funny surprises.

yeah I noticed Alex backseat gaming a lot so I'm not watching beast in the east anymore and was just going to pick up the game myself

Would have stopped sooner but I was out of town all week and wanted to see this Mr Shakedown guy

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

im in the last chapter of yakuza 4 and have been playing mahjong for hours at a time because there isn't a better place to play it outside of emulators and my pc is crap

i also only learned how to play because of yakuza so thanks for the life skills japan

i will also teach anyone who wants to learn because its a pretty fun game

Fluffdaddy fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 4, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fluffdaddy posted:

im in the last chapter of yakuza 4 and have been playing mahjong for hours at a time because there isn't a better place to play it outside of emulators and my pc is crap

i also only learned how to play because of yakuza so thanks for the life skills japan

i may get there but i have a ways to go unless it is also in Yakuza Kiwami or some other game because I think it's not in 0

0 has Shogi so that's gonna be a whole other thing

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Kiwami has mahjong, shogi, slot car racing, and a sexy bug card game.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

mp5 posted:

i may get there but i have a ways to go unless it is also in Yakuza Kiwami or some other game because I think it's not in 0

0 has Shogi so that's gonna be a whole other thing

i am not sure tbh. Shogi is in 4 but i still haven't learned how to play it yet :/

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ugh stop

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

imagine Ryan acting like an airplane whilst dressed as a cop

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh nice, a new VR video!

*sees Rorie's massive bone head in the corner*

Oh right they still let this guy have a job even tho he walks around the office barefoot and takes showers at work like a serial rapist.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
"I'm not going to die on this hill but..." - Alex, just before getting absolutely slaughtered on that hill for 30 minutes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh nice, a new VR video!

*sees Rorie's massive bone head in the corner*

Oh right they still let this guy have a job even tho he walks around the office barefoot and takes showers at work like a serial rapist.

West is going to be tough again with Ben gone, I think.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Fluffdaddy posted:

I tried to learn in Yakuza 2 (on the PS2) blown up on a full wall projector with component cables. Everything was blurry so I couldn't even tell half of the tiles apart.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Hollenhammer posted:

I tried to learn in Yakuza 2 (on the PS2) blown up on a full wall projector with component cables. Everything was blurry so I couldn't even tell half of the tiles apart.

2 has an HD remake but it only just came out in Japan so who knows when it'll be stateside

my ps4 and 0 are arriving tonight and i'm more excited for this than I was for pretty much any GOTY category discussion outside of Best Wolfenstein 2 Moment which was fun

I listened to "best world" just to get a sense of what this thread was saying and I think I felt as frustrated as Jeff by the end of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like the weird friendly community VR games seem to get. Jeff needs help figuring out how to start a game and some kid pops over and shows him real quick.