Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

DoombatINC posted:

Meanwhile, in Seattle,

Come get you some, while supplies last :xd:

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Some dude at a music festival sold me some Weed tincture today. I've never tried the stuff, but he told me to have 2 drops on the tongue and no more than that. I gave it a go and didn't feel high, just super tired and slept the afternoon away.

Is this just because of tolerance? I'm a daily vape user, but nothing more potent than that

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My Pax 1 battery died after I've had it for years. Should I just get the Pax 3 or are there other better options now?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

DoombatINC posted:

Meanwhile, in Seattle,

$10/g concentrates :wtf:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

Meanwhile, in Seattle,

:stare:

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
last time i did a weed i got super turbo depressed so ive abstained for most of the holidays

but tonight its NYE and im gonna do a weed lets see what happens

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm out of concentrates for the next couple days, so last night on a whim I broke out my old wood-box basic vaporizer

spoiler alert: I got super high

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im in the bay area and debating going to one of the new recreational stores that are opening in the next couple days in sf/oakland but kind of afraid they might be a horrible shitshow with long lines and no product by the time you get in

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I kept telling people back in Virginia that weed here in Oregon is weaponized and phew got some new stuff that made my point for me.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

My buddy recently went back down to Colorado and picked me up a few eighths.

Smells incredible. Weed being a commercialized product with labels and everything is still a bit of a novelty to me.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

Meanwhile, in Seattle,

Or you could not go to one of the shittier over priced places. I'll grant it's not LUX though, the shop for rich people to get ripped off on archaic skunk weed.

Cali goons, expect horrific rip off terrible prices for a few months if your rollout is like WA. It was like $22/g at the first couple stores with no bulk discounts.

Edit: Its the quality with the uber sale weed that'll make it not good. We even have some brand that does popcorn weed which is just barely more potent than a clove cigarette.

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 3, 2018

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Man this is some bizarro-world poo poo when $70 ounces is lovely and overpriced lol

e: I remember when I was in Denver someone told me the first dispensary I went to was a lovely overpriced tourist trap but the weed was exactly as good and exactly the same price as the other 5-6 dispensaries I tried

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
hey yo peeps: I like weed

mr_gay_sex_fan fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 3, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Weed is like $200 an ounce in :canada:

It's okay since BC bud is the only bud worth smoking

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

curbside delivery is where it's at. transaction takes all of 10 seconds. nobody comes in my house; no awkward small talk. he texts me when he pulls up, we exchange, he drives off.

i do this

it's great

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I bought and used a vape for the first time last night

and holy poo poo I've been doing it all wrong - there's so much flavor I've been burning away. it hit hard and fast, too. I had five or six big puffs of chemdawg and it almost put me out for the night. the high did fade away quicker than I expected, but god drat.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Edit: Its the quality with the uber sale weed that'll make it not good. We even have some brand that does popcorn weed which is just barely more potent than a clove cigarette.

if any kind of weed is "more potent than a clove cigarette" at least in terms of how the hit feels there is something seriously wrong with it, clove cigarettes are nasty poo poo that make your lungs bleed and weed is not supposed to do that

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Stevie Lee posted:

I bought and used a vape for the first time last night

and holy poo poo I've been doing it all wrong - there's so much flavor I've been burning away. it hit hard and fast, too. I had five or six big puffs of chemdawg and it almost put me out for the night. the high did fade away quicker than I expected, but god drat.

Congratulations. You've entered the world of the obnoxious "flavor seekers." We're really not so bad, and there's still time before we go full wine snob.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

Congratulations. You've entered the world of the obnoxious "flavor seekers." We're really not so bad, and there's still time before we go full wine snob.

Much like craft beer, there is a pretty huge gulf between the flavor seekers and the giant snobs. You don't have to be a gigantic hipster to understand that you like stouts vs IPAs vs pilsners or whatever, they're vastly different types of beer with vastly different flavors. It's the same with weed - just because you can latch onto a strain because you think it tastes particularly delicious doesn't make you some massive "mmm yes well the terpene concentration at 370F really highlights the fruity undertones present at 410F :fart:"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jfc

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I see the concentrates with the names and I am like ok cool sure, MTF, Golden Ticket, Blue Dream, Spiral sure sure *dumps it all into mass of chocolate, eats*

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Black August posted:

I see the concentrates with the names and I am like ok cool sure, MTF, Golden Ticket, Blue Dream, Spiral sure sure *dumps it all into mass of chocolate, eats*

Why don't you just buy edibles?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dmitri-9 posted:

Why don't you just buy edibles?

Edibles are costly and small in amount when I can just nab a concentrate at the same price for x10 the amount and just measure it out how I like in what I like

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I really have a hard time understanding why "I like X strain because it tastes good enough to be distinctive from other strains I've smoke" is such a maddening concept to you, friend

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

I really have a hard time understanding why "I like X strain because it tastes good enough to be distinctive from other strains I've smoke" is such a maddening concept to you, friend

its insufferable, just like the beer people who are too far up their own rear end to realize how insufferable they are

nobody gives a poo poo about ur weed or how unique u are for having it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I get being a strain snob wrt the high you feel because if I had the selection available so that I could pursue certain feelings from various strains you bet your rear end I would, but who cares about the taste except as an interesting side effect

Are there really people out there saying "this weed doesn't get me as high as I like but yum, that Good Flavor"

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

its insufferable, just like the beer people who are too far up their own rear end to realize how insufferable they are

I care friend

Some weed strains make me very anxious while others mellow me out, so it's helpful to know the difference when I buy

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

Ah yes, talking about weed in the weed thread, an understandable faux pas

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fried Watermelon posted:

I care friend

Some weed strains make me very anxious while others mellow me out, so it's helpful to know the difference when I buy

But this has nothing to do with taste

Taste is 80-90% determined on if the grower flushed the crop right or not

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

purple death ray posted:

I get being a strain snob wrt the high you feel because if I had the selection available so that I could pursue certain feelings from various strains you bet your rear end I would, but who cares about the taste except as an interesting side effect

Are there really people out there saying "this weed doesn't get me as high as I like but yum, that Good Flavor"
yes lmao, yes it is true

People have a bit of an unreal expectation if they believe one strain will make them more artistic while the other will make them appreciate music more etc.

one type will make you more tired the other one will make you more jittery. its indica and sativa, thats it. if ur buying recreationally and ur choice goes beyond "do i want this to make me fall asleep, or do i want to be able to stay awake through an entire movie" u are being taken advantage of, plain and simple. find a good dispensary that will be honest with you about that poo poo.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i like Blue Dream because its called Blue Dream

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

purple death ray posted:

LethalGeek posted:

I know you regular smokers are used to it but pot smells really strong and not great. Vape pens take a lot of that away for those of us who don't care to have that linger forever (cause it does when you're not the one smoking it FYI)

purple death ray posted:

LethalGeek posted:

I know you regular smokers are used to it but pot smells really strong
:yeah:

LethalGeek posted:

and not great
:wrong:

Literally A Person posted:

loving, :lol:

Please tell me you are joking...please?

This is a masterful troll.
...yes?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Weed Smells Good, while true as hell, is not really the conversation that was taking place, though

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Close enough and I still lolled remembering that happened

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

weed smells good

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Earwicker posted:

weed smells good

:yeah:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Melded Ego Slows is an anagram of Weed Smells Good

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

To be fair: I wonder if this might be like cilantro where some of us with the right DNA think it tastes like soap. Seriously, ick. GF loves it though so I make her separate batches of salsa verde with tons of that poured in and I can't ever seem to put too much in.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

LethalGeek posted:

To be fair: I wonder if this might be like cilantro where some of us with the right DNA think it tastes like soap. Seriously, ick. GF loves it though so I make her separate batches of salsa verde with tons of that poured in and I can't ever seem to put too much in.

I had this same though but with vaping cause I don't get poo poo from vaping but everyone seems to love it so much.

Who knows man we're all just beasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cilantro is wonderful