Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

piss tape israel posted:

I really don't want Josh Allen

Same. Our only hope is the Browns are dumb enough to save us from Elway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

If the chiefs make the superbowl Alex is 100% back. I'm not convinced he's gone even if they lose Saturday
I think he's 100% gone if they can't better the 2016 result as they will start to gut a good handful of vets and rebuild. Refusing to commit to Alex beyond 2017 said enough.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Peruse this to see who is gone from the Chiefs and why Alex needs to be traded.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs

See my thing is, if he were to get us into a Superbowl (I don't think he'd need to win it) then yeah Andy Reid would then want him back. But he'd have to restructure to do so and why would a Superbowl QB do that? And what's more, an SBQB (just coined) would demand a first round draft pick so in my opinion that's MORE reason to trade him.

The Chiefs are currently set to be 4.8m over the cap. Justin Houston will need to restructure, he'd save too much money to cut him. We don't want to do that but he isn't worth 20m either.

As we all know Alex saves the Chiefs 17m to cut or trade him. You could restructure and have it cost you zero but honestly he's underpaid. He'd be wise to go somewhere else.

Cutting Dee Ford saves 8m and costs zero in dead money. Tamba saves 8m but costs 1.7m in dead money. Dee Ford is restructuring or he's out of here.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cutting Tamba, DJ, and Ford puts you at almost 20M in cap room in 2018. What are the Chiefs gonna do with that much cap?

Hell even just paying Ford like 4M would put you at 16M in cap room.

But yeah, if we can get a 1st rounder for Smith then he's gone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers are sitting at about 30 million in cap space, and with a few cuts (the major ones being Benjamin and Barksdale), we should be sitting at around 40 million this off-season.

Sweet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Cutting Tamba, DJ, and Ford puts you at almost 20M in cap room in 2018. What are the Chiefs gonna do with that much cap?

Hell even just paying Ford like 4M would put you at 16M in cap room.

But yeah, if we can get a 1st rounder for Smith then he's gone.

Don't forget that you have to sign your draft picks.

unless of course you don't loving have any!

Also we need to sign a corner and a wide receiver in free agency and probably a linebacker too.

I'm really not happy with the dead money. For gently caress's sake, Dorsey. How does Denver manage to have like zero in dead money?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Don't forget that you have to sign your draft picks.

unless of course you don't loving have any!

Also we need to sign a corner and a wide receiver in free agency and probably a linebacker too.

I'm really not happy with the dead money. For gently caress's sake, Dorsey. How does Denver manage to have like zero in dead money?

I'm gonna disagree on wide receiver. Conley back and re-sign Wilson for bargain bin prices and you'll be alright.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah Chiefs have quite a few young developing WRs, if they want to add to the corps then sign a FA veteran like say, Kendall Wright, rather than adding another mid-round rookie. Hill is a true WR1 so just need a solid veteran possession receiver (although that describes Albert Wilson)

They really need to add to the front seven. LOLB, DT in particular

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean yeah maybe we don't need a receiver if Mahomes can turn Albert Wilson into Larry Fitzgerald.

That said can you imagine Catch Machine Jarvis Landry with Mahomes?

Oh and I should mention that Wilson is a free agent in 2018 so we'll need to sign him.

edit: free agents

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 3, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Wilson did have 10 catches for 150 yards last week, Mahomes seems to like him. I also remember seeing somewhere Alex Smith’s passer rating splits with Wilson and it was pretty surprising how much it improves when Wilson is playing

Albert Wilson is not bad yall, he may even be good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I freely admit to being wildly wrong about Wilson during camp. I was livid he was kept when others were cut but maybe I shouldn't try to coach from my living room.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

kiimo posted:

See my thing is, if he were to get us into a Superbowl (I don't think he'd need to win it) then yeah Andy Reid would then want him back. But he'd have to restructure to do so and why would a Superbowl QB do that? And what's more, an SBQB (just coined) would demand a first round draft pick so in my opinion that's MORE reason to trade him.

Which teams would realistically trade a 1st round pick for Smith?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Browns

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't know, Jacksonville? Arizona? Cleveland? Buffalo?

Blake Bortles numbers for 2018 sure are interesting. Let's say Jacksonville is one and done in the playoffs because Bort Borts it up and Alex goes to the AFC championship.

Then they take a look at this

edit: in fact I'm pretty scared of Jacksonville with Smith at QB now that I think of it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 3, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Uterine Lineup posted:

Broncos.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Still haven’t seen a faster first step from an edge rusher than his

ehhhh

https://i.imgur.com/n5mgN1h.gifv

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Anything short of winning the SB and Smith is gone. A win or two would be gravy for his trade value in a QB starved league.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

That from the '91 MNF game?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Uterine Lineup posted:

Outside of maybe Jacksonville, I don't think anyone would.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Durandal1707 posted:

That from the '91 MNF game?

y

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Ah, I see.

Early 90's Chiefs had ridiculous defenses, especially when teams had to go to Arrowhead. I think the Bills only had the ball for like 15 minutes in that game because they couldn't move the ball on them at all.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I just wanted to say now that my season has ended, it's been a pleasure. The Broncos are a goddamn dumpster fire and will languish for another year. Also the Raiders can get hosed because gently caress them.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Every team except the Broncos has a coach and a QB. :rip:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Arizona doesn’t have a coach or a QB. Like literally they don’t have any signed QBs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Oh yeah Arizona, a notable AFC West team

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I don't give a flying gently caress about that baseball team

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Sorry I am still adjusting to getting stomped on

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sorry I am still adjusting to getting stomped on

Remember 1999? gently caress that was a letdown after 2 SB wins.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Croatoan posted:

Remember 1999? gently caress that was a letdown after 2 SB wins.

I actually became a fan because of Tebow so I am 99% sure this is my punishment. I, uh, read about it though??

e: not a college football fan. Rams left town and Raiders fans in LA are annoying as gently caress. Thus I chose the Broncos/Tebow since that seemed to piss the most people off. No regrets. :colbert:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 5, 2018

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I've been a fan since I was about 3 in Denver and while this sucks, we have more poo poo years than good ones so I'm pretty used to this. gently caress it blows.

This is me riding my "Bronco" wearing my Broncos onesie back in '82

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Croatoan posted:

I've been a fan since I was about 3 in Denver and while this sucks, we have more poo poo years than good ones so I'm pretty used to this. gently caress it blows.

Oh gently caress off. You haven't had back to back losing seasons in like 40 years. Denver is always good to great

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Croatoan posted:

Eh, Broncos have good ownership that seems to keep the team treading water at worst. These last two years were the literal worst back to back seasons from what I've heard long time fans say. This season loving sucked bad and I don't think it can get worse. Well, relatively speaking. The Browns put a lot of things in perspective..

But still it sucks!! I like championships and being competitive. At least the No Fly Zone got their ring before it went to poo poo. :3:

The Rams being good has only increased my commitment to the Broncos. gently caress 'em for leaving. I probably would've been a fan if they stayed too.

quote:

Adorable :allears:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

a neat cape posted:

Oh gently caress off. You haven't had back to back losing seasons in like 40 years. Denver is always good to great

Let's look at the majority of the 00's. :emo:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

denver fans don't know what it's like to root for an actual bad team and it's really triggering

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Croatoan posted:

Your football team JUST won a SB

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

denver fans don't know what it's like to root for an actual bad team and it's really triggering

My other team is the Lakers!!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You're the WORST

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How will the Broncos ever find a QB with the 5th overall pick in a draft of good QBs

The world wonders

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Elway is a terrible drafter and we're gonna end up with another Brock

a neat cape posted:

You're the WORST

:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Croatoan posted:

We were a perennial contender in the 00s (although of the Marvin Lewis Era Bengals variety), even if we had a playoff drought for five straight seasons.

Also - what warcrimes said. Relax

• Locked thread