Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Waffle House posted:

That dude's my boi because he talks about them ciiiiiiiiiiiphers all the time, but I am sometimes concerned for his vocal cords tbh

SEQUENCE

IS

PATTERN

i like how this is a reused D1 line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
you know technically nolan north re-recording dinklage's lines was bungie reskinning the dialog

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Mikey-San posted:

you know technically nolan north re-recording dinklage's lines was bungie reskinning the dialog

:aaaaa:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The single microtransaction I could justify putting money aside for in Destiny would be a ghost voice pack, featuring Snoop Dogg, because I know exactly where that money would go.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Waffle House posted:

The single microtransaction I could justify putting money aside for in Destiny would be a ghost voice pack, featuring Snoop Dogg, because I know exactly where that money would go.

i would happily pay 420 bright dust for that

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I still can’t get over how nice Vanilla and Y2 D1’s use of modular gun models was. Most of the archetypes has just a few base models but they dressed up the bases with all sorts of doodads and accoutrements to where you didn’t really notice or care.

Then RoI vendors all shared the same base models with no real changes, and holy hell D2 is somehow even lazier given that we can literally use shaders to reskin the reskins.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mikey-San posted:

I'm pretty sure they preannounced what today's update was going to be for.

Legs Benedict posted:

i mean 1) they pretty much said this ahead of time and 2) what did you think it was gonna be

I don't remember this, but I don't exactly keep that close of tabs on it. I didn't expect much, but maybe more than the barest fix like this (that shouldn't have been needed). I was hoping for Prometheus to get some love, but I knew better. Hell, maybe address some of the other bugs that have been in since launch.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Bungie's always had world-class hard surface modelers working on that stuff. They did an excellent job of creating modular kits for weapons in D1 to increase effective variety. It's a shame there's much less of that now than before, since it's basically impossible to create 400 bespoke gun models in any reasonable amount of development time.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just got kicked from the game world because "hotfix incoming"

Lol

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

PathAsc posted:

I don't remember this, but I don't exactly keep that close of tabs on it. I didn't expect much, but maybe more than the barest fix like this (that shouldn't have been needed). I was hoping for Prometheus to get some love, but I knew better. Hell, maybe address some of the other bugs that have been in since launch.

They said Prometheus would be addressed, but not for this update. This update was probably always going to be about righting the wrong of event lockout, which caused a ton of outrage. I assume that issue had its priority elevated and the update for today was kept tightly scoped so the client changes, related non-client work, and qualification could be completed before the studio went on holiday break.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

PathAsc posted:

Lol

i guess it's better than getting kicked from the game world randomly lololololol

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

Rahool is the poo poo tho

I swear to God if he asks about the void staring back I'm going to Nova bomb his entire stand.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

PathAsc posted:

Lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Reboot is way too cool to be seen around the likes of this game

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Policenaut posted:

Reboot is way too cool to be seen around the likes of this game

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wow. Gg bungie.

If it turns out that they really did decide to make money from micro transactions instead of content people are gonna go off their man tits.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:ssh: If you look closely at Vigilance Wing, it's The Messenger underneath. :ssh:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Waffle House posted:

:ssh: If you look closely at Vigilance Wing, it's The Messenger underneath. :ssh:

:stare:

Cannot be unseen

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bungie is the game developer equivalent of a dude in a van offering you candy but all you get is a free molesting.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

Bungie is the game developer equivalent of a dude in a van offering you candy but all you get is a free molesting.

i've made this joke before but

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BlindSite posted:

to complete the metaphor, the dude edges you for an hour then turns out to be a hooker who charges to finish you off

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

to complete the metaphor, the dude edges you for an hour then turns out to be a hooker who charges to finish you off

And you get aids

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah this is the point

They basically admit that eververse was an end not a means.

I mean this could be a crazy game of telephone so who knows what exactly went down but that’s the key takeaway from what new info we got from the interview.

They had a revenue target to hit

they were getting crushed with pushing out DLC to make $

they introduced the eververse to make $ without pushing out dlc

no one talks about this

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

And you get aids

is aids good or bad now, i can't remember

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

wintrrmute posted:

no one talks about this

people have been talking about this nonstop since it was revealed in the DTR podcast, literally ~3 days ago

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

mitztronic posted:

people have been talking about this nonstop since it was revealed in the DTR podcast, literally ~3 days ago

argument ad hominem much???

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

wintrrmute posted:

no one talks about this

This is stupid, DLCs make the game bigger and more desirable. poo poo on item shops are just extras people buy when are happy with the game, but without DLC / Expansions /Whatever you don't have a game to begin first.

Somebody in Bungie don't understand videogames at a fundamental level.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

wintrrmute posted:

argument ad hominem much???

Woah chill dude. Hate has no home here

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

is aids good or bad now, i can't remember

Ok then herpes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

wintrrmute posted:

no one talks about this

Sounds like Bungie got owned in their publisher agreement negotiation or can’t manage their dev teams, likely both!!!

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like Bungie got owned in their publisher agreement negotiation or can’t manage their dev teams, likely both!!!

If you enter in a business deal and it’s not obvious who is getting owned......
You are getting owned

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They have 3 loving dev teams working on this goddamn game surely one of them knows what they're doing!?!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maybe scrambling to release Cataclysm on time and shiny enough, also maybe a little hamstrung from having to pull and re-implement everything :shrug:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Next This Week at Bungie isn't until January 11th

Man maybe releasing an embarrassingly skimpy DLC, becoming mired in controversy, and going radio silent for a literal month isn't the best plan ever

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

They needed that month to move a bush and they can't do two things at once.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tei posted:

This is stupid, DLCs make the game bigger and more desirable. poo poo on item shops are just extras people buy when are happy with the game, but without DLC / Expansions /Whatever you don't have a game to begin first.

Somebody in Bungie don't understand videogames at a fundamental level.

Kinda weird seeing level-headed ol' you say this.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
can someone who is good at pvp explain the spawns in the last few seconds of this clip?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/marthas45673USD/video/41726956

i kill the team with golden gun, one of them spawns very close to me and another follows suit (you can barely see him in the last half second of the clip). another guy spawns a decent bit away, but you can see him run across a sightline easily within scout range.

it seems like if the goal is to put them in a neutral place, there were probably better choices, or maybe the instant spawn of mayhem makes stuff wonky, but idk anything.

fbsw fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 4, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

fbsw posted:

can someone who is good at pvp explain the spawns

They're hosed.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

cvnvcnv posted:

They're hosed.

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

They're hosed.

They work ok if your both teams are fairly grouped together. The second people at5art splitting heavily poo poo goes crazy and you get get 4 guys clown carring right on top of you with oversheilds.

But generally the spawns are pretty poo poo, cuz the maps are mostly small.

Endless vale is the best/worst for this, depending on which side of the punishment you're on