Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Splicer posted:

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?774623-5E-What-does-being-invisible-mean-for-stealth seems to cover all the major points. My takeaway is an invisible creature can always try to hide, but unless it's actively hiding the players still know roughly where it is.

I wonder if Passive Stealth could be a useful thing.

The rule of thumb I always follow is "if you are not specifically hiding, anything in range capable of doing so will know approximately where you are at all times." Unless you have some special sight even if you know where it is (because it didn't hide and therefore is making a shitton of noise) actually hitting something invisible is very tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

blastron posted:

Here’s a fun question that popped up during an Adventurer’s League game: when you’re invisible, do you need to spend an action to hide? A module had me throw an Invisible Stalker at the party, which has permanent invisibility, and they were very pissed that I didn’t set out a mini for it. Their argument was that it was still technically audible as it flew through the air unless it specifically wanted to be sneaky, which would have involved the Hide action and not attacking, so they should have been able to know what space it’s in and thus be able to get attacks off (with disadvantage) on their turn.

They eventually solved the encounter by readying actions to hit the invisible thing as soon as it attacked, but that was contentious.

I actually read through this section recently, and the players are right. Unless it's being quiet, they can hear it. They'd have disadvantage on attack rolls since they can't see it, but they know pretty closely where it is.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

edit: an example of using in game rules - the last fight was 'wow those enemy priests look like they just cast a ton of their spells, lets go attack them since they'll be spent.' Under a 'dont bother statting out enemies' guideline you could just be like nope sorry they each have 5x casts of whatever have you, you shouldn't have been able to make an educated guess'

I feel like in this scenario you're making a bunch of assumptions which could still turn out to be wrong, and even if you're right the conclusion that "if not he could have just whipped out extra spells" is super faulty.

You're assuming the priests are roughly at your level (since they're specifically meant to be a challenge for your party) and that based off of that they have X number of spells per day which you've witnessed them casting a large enough portion of. You're also assuming that you basically outsmarted your DM and that he's tipped his hand by showing the NPCs casting spells, and it's only thanks to the restrictive rules that his hands are tied and he can't just pull some extra spells slots out of his rear end.

Even under the actual PC rules there are a bunch of ways your DM could trick you/retcon this poo poo if he truly was adversarial and wanted to give the NPCs more spells: they're higher level wizards who have more spell slots than you anticipated, they were using or have access to items (wands, staves, scrolls) to cast extra spells, there are one or more invisible/hidden priests that have their full day's spells in reserve, etc.

The point being that the entire scenario is already contrived by the DM as a challenge to your party. If he really wanted to he could just have reinforcements bust in the door, or the entire group of enemy priests could actually be an illusion cast by an elder dragon who was toying with your party. He didn't do this because he wanted to reward you for playing smart, but it's not like he didn't have options within the rules if he wanted to just blatantly troll you for whatever reason. It's not just the rules that are keeping that from happening, it's also the conceit of the game and his role as DM.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Covok posted:

Has anyone ported over Tome of Battle yet?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Quasar Knight has his book about it.

There was another goon on here with their own attempt, but I don't have the GDocs link handy.

Hello, writer of Martial Disciple here. It's less a port than a book deriving heavy influence; I use terminology like strikes and counters, but the book has has its own original fighting schools and archetypes. The Martial Disciple is the central class, designed to be a sort of "toolkit warrior" who can be anything from a guerrilla fighter to a bomb-slinging alchemist. Akin to how a wizard is one class but can effectively be a necromancer, enchanter, etc. The book has archetypes for existing classes which grant access to said strikes/counters/etc although are more specialized (the Barbarian will get the "heavy" schools rather than graceful ones).

I set about explicitly addressing the common system weaknesses of martials in several ways. For example, Alchemic Warrior school has several AoE and energy damage Strikes, Trance Dancer has a stance which lets you see and attack invisible and incorporeal enemies, and Prowling Panther has a Counter where an enemy falls into a camouflaged pit trap. Archetypes like Commando for the Rogue can get things like a built-in advantage on saves against divination spells and can swap out proficiency in various Tools per rest (representing adapting to new missions/circumstances).

I will admit that high-level spellcasters still have a huge amount of versatility, but my main goal was to uplift martials and make them more fun to play by giving them more meaningful options like the above.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

clusterfuck posted:

The fluff answer is that mages spend too long with heads in books and clerics spend too long mumbling to their gods. Martials spend their time training their awesome physical maneuvers.

Mechanically, it's balancing martials to give them access to better narrative choices than "I hit it with my sword."

I more meant, why do they get them in the first place? Non-casters don't get spells, why should casters get maneuvers?

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

NachtSieger posted:

I more meant, why do they get them in the first place? Non-casters don't get spells, why should casters get maneuvers?

What about Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster? Since D&D does the mixing thing, there'll always be some overlap, just right now the problem is getting maneuvers that are narratively roughly on par with spells

Though I'm all in favor of abilities that are exclusive to martial-themed characters. Perhaps we could call these... martial powers?

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

NachtSieger posted:

Casters get nothing at low levels.

The TMS table covers levels 1-20 for all classes. On that table casters get their first single Tier 1 maneuver with a d4 superiority dice at level 7. Their high mark is level 19 where they'll have 2 maneuvers at Tier 3 and they're still using d4 superiority dice. Level 19 Fighter has 10 maneuvers at Tier 5 and 6d12 superiority dice. The remaining martials and half casters in between have maneuvers according to their casting ability or spell like abilities. There's a vast difference in effectiveness.

But you're asking why - There's two reasons. One is allowing a mundane physical technique to be practiced even by a bookish nerdy caster. Their physical ineptitude is reflected in their inferior superiority dice. It's pretty scrub tier poo poo for them but they may be able to use Flanking to gain advantage on a touch spell attack or Evasive Footwork to run away, or a couple other options. Just a couple of tricks.

On that point it's important the wording is clear that most maneuvers work only with weapon attacks. The mage / rogue at our table, for example, is gunning for extending these maneuvers to cantrip touch attacks, but no, not gonna happen, they are for martials so he'll have to use a weapon attack maneuver with a sword as a rogue.

The second reason why casters get them at all is political, it's so no one misses out entirely. It sweetens the deal for the table if everyone feels they get something. Even if the benefit for a caster is pitiful by comparison, and it is, it's better than nothing.

At low levels it's great to have that extra trick up the sleeve that the caster doesn't get. At mid levels the caster has a little extra something while the martials are hitting Tier 3. If anything it should be the Bladesingers and Valor Bards who get jealous at this stage but, you know, shoulda gone Fighter.

Darwinism posted:

What about Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster? Since D&D does the mixing thing, there'll always be some overlap, just right now the problem is getting maneuvers that are narratively roughly on par with spells

Though I'm all in favor of abilities that are exclusive to martial-themed characters. Perhaps we could call these... martial powers?

Maybe! But I never played 4e so I can't really comment.

Eldritch Knights and Arcane Tricksters each get 4 maneuvers by level 19. EK's get the same sup. dice as other fighters but they've lost access to 6 maneuvers and 3 uses per short rest in exchange for their spells. Arcane tricksters are stuck with d6 sup. dice.

As someone mentioned above there is a risk of sameness between classes, so one thing I'm working on for updates is class recommendations, maybe restrictions. I'm working on a few other related aspects at the same time so I'll put it all together before doing that update. While there are already some maneuvers in NUMM that offer narrative boosts (eg: Skill Focus) I'm also developing a second different but related set of maneuvers that target narrative parity more directly.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
So my players want a good ol dungeon crawl. There any good published or fan made ones out there? Preferably for a party at or below level 10.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

So how do you handle the leveling up of a fighter using this system? Do their class features change, and if so in what ways? In an upcoming game one of my fellow players wants to be the fighter archetype that normally gets the dice and I'd like to know how you handle their level ups.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fans posted:

So my players want a good ol dungeon crawl. There any good published or fan made ones out there? Preferably for a party at or below level 10.

Yawning Portal has several below level 10.

Or if you want to take them on a campaign before hand, Tombs of Annihilation ends, funnily enough, with a tomb dungeon crawl.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

AlphaDog posted:

I'm also not sold on the "the NPC knows a spell so the PCs must be able to learn it" idea though. Why can't an NPC have a unique spell? I mean, learning spells from captured spellbooks was a pretty big part of AD&D (I mean, it was literally the wizard equivalent of finding a cool magic sword or strength gauntlets), but that aspect of the game doesn't exist any more, so what does it matter if the mad mage of the mountains casts Meat Storm and nobody else can figure out how (or why) he does it?
Im still pretty into the "finding spells" idea to begin with (even though it faded away, but aside from that) but sticking to the narrative-nerd thing Im going on about, a Warlock could have a granted power that was a gift that can not be emulated - vs the idea of wizard-magic in DnD still carries the idea that if you have the ability (levels, INT) and access to the material, you should have a shot at it.

Fans posted:

You don’t know how he did it and if you want to learn please roll up a new character while your old one spends a few years doing the research needed.

Nickoten posted:

So I don't mind the assumption that if something happened, it is possible to accomplish. However I don't think it's fair to assume that the scope of play the players and DM have agreed on will make it feasible to replicate everything they see. That's why people bring up turning PCs into NPCs to do that stuff: because it means the PC would have to leave the scope of the game.
That still fits with what I said (and I have retired characters (my own) that way if it seemed like the way it should go). That is still an in-narrative event, and not just "No you cant. Because I said so."

Splicer posted:

Even d&d has class limited spells, why is it so weird that Evil Wizard of the Evil Tower of Evilton maybe, just maybe, is using a magic spell unavailable to someone who spends all day hucking firebolts at goblins.
Its not, as long as that is how your world is set up and the players know that. Creating fully fleshed out* schools of magic (classes) was something I started many years ago and never finished. What I am arguing against (preference wise) is using tableside DM fiat to say "NOPE!" if the game worlds story suggests it should work a certain way.

edit: * I mean distinct spell lists and the whole mess that goes with doing that from the ground up, including overlapping effects via different causes. (As in the weather/storm casters lightning might not be quite the same as the invoker, etc...)

edit2: Also everyone is really magic focussed, and I was originally talking about more than that. If the players learn a "world thing" about plants, herbs, whatever, I was okay with them trying to make use of that.

FRINGE fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 3, 2018

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I find that the "world thing" stuff is best abstracted a little, and also best limited a little.

Like, yeah, you learned that this flower fixes that condition when you make tea out of it. That's cool and interesting and fleshes out the world a bit. Roll herbalism (or whatever) to see if you can find it here. Take a bonus or advantage or whatever if you've found it around here before - just because you know what it does and that it grows "in forests" doesn't mean it grows in this forest, and even if it does grow in this forest and you know that, it doesn't mean you can find it easily or quickly.

Same with stuff like making a mine. You learned how to do that, provided you can get the precursor compounds. I mean, you're not an alchemist, right? You don't have the equipment or experience (or probably the time) to distill guano or whatever else you need. So yeah, if you can buy, steal, or beg all the poo poo you need, you can make a mine. Tell me how you're trying to find the stuff you need. Roll the appropriate skill check (or complete the mini adventure, or whatever). Success? Great, you make your mine.

Also, every single thing like this that's not covered by PC abilities inherently functions because the DM decides it does. But it's a good idea for a DM to come up with a narratively appropriate way to say "not right here, not right now" instead of "no, because I said so".

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 3, 2018

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Splicer posted:

Even d&d has class limited spells, why is it so weird that Evil Wizard of the Evil Tower of Evilton maybe, just maybe, is using a magic spell unavailable to someone who spends all day hucking firebolts at goblins.

FRINGE posted:

Creating fully fleshed out* schools of magic (classes) was something I started many years ago and never finished.

edit: * I mean distinct spell lists and the whole mess that goes with doing that from the ground up, including overlapping effects via different causes. (As in the weather/storm casters lightning might not be quite the same as the invoker, etc...)

This is why Rolemaster is the best RPG

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I'm going to be playing 5e for the first time Sunday, and DMing any game for the first time Sunday. Some players have played before, and some have not.

What's a few good things to keep in mind to ensure a successful game?

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Fumbles posted:

So how do you handle the leveling up of a fighter using this system? Do their class features change, and if so in what ways? In an upcoming game one of my fellow players wants to be the fighter archetype that normally gets the dice and I'd like to know how you handle their level ups.

Okay so in the Nort's Maneuvers system I put up on DMs Guild (assuming that's what you mean by this system and not the other things discussed) the Battlemaster archetype is folded into the Fighter class - meaning all fighters are Battlemasters now. So your fellow player can level up as a regular fighter and a Battlemaster as well as another archetype, be it Champion, Eldritch Knight, Cavalier, Arcane Archer, Samurai, Purple Dragon Knight or maybe some homebrew what have you. However Eldritch Knights will be limited in known maneuvers and sup. dice. Arcane Archers should also be maneuver limited, gaining maneuvers as a martial and keeping fighter sup. dice type.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Nice. That perfectly explains things. Champion seems to be the easiest to take as a side since it's just 'your numbers are better'.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Playing a 5e game, post Phandelver. My character is a lvl 5 Tempest Cleric, Rock Gnome with Tinkering and Smith Skills. I intend on crafting a custom magic item for the human battlemaster pole arm master of the party. He uses a glaive so I figure the only way he is getting a magic one is if I make it. Shooting for uncommon rarity, using the magic item crafting rules from Xanathars. Is there many features I can infuse this thing with in addition to the +1 and not push it into the realm of Rare weapon(mostly for downtime work required)? I was toying with minor upgrades like increasing the die used for offhand strikes or adding the weapons +1 to his Maneuver DCs, to show it has been designed specifically for his fighting style. Other options I am considering are things influenced by my class as a tempest cleric or something influenced by my capabilities in tinkering. Any ideas?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neon Knight posted:

Playing a 5e game, post Phandelver. My character is a lvl 5 Tempest Cleric, Rock Gnome with Tinkering and Smith Skills. I intend on crafting a custom magic item for the human battlemaster pole arm master of the party. He uses a glaive so I figure the only way he is getting a magic one is if I make it. Shooting for uncommon rarity, using the magic item crafting rules from Xanathars. Is there many features I can infuse this thing with in addition to the +1 and not push it into the realm of Rare weapon(mostly for downtime work required)? I was toying with minor upgrades like increasing the die used for offhand strikes or adding the weapons +1 to his Maneuver DCs, to show it has been designed specifically for his fighting style. Other options I am considering are things influenced by my class as a tempest cleric or something influenced by my capabilities in tinkering. Any ideas?

Lots of this stuff is pretty cool ideas. You can also not push in the +1 and instead go for other effects like extra lighting or thunder damage which would fit your theme as Tempest Cleric.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I've been thinking about how so few DnD characters have families. When's the last time a fighter said he could only join a dungeon crawl if it ended by nine cuz his wife needed him to get some groceries on the way back.

More seriously, it would make for a very strong motivation to stay alive but also fight the evil to keep his kids' world safe.

Maybe I'm just getting older

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I've been thinking about how so few DnD characters have families. When's the last time a fighter said he could only join a dungeon crawl if it ended by nine cuz his wife needed him to get some groceries on the way back.

More seriously, it would make for a very strong motivation to stay alive but also fight the evil to keep his kids' world safe.

I think it's a cool motivation, but given the transient life most adventurers lead, I could see why most players don't go for it. But in a game where you have a home base/stay in a region/aren't gone for huge stretches of time, yeah. It's a good one when it fits.

Alternately, you could be like an old-timey sailor or soldier, where you're gone for months to years at a time, then just show back up eventually.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

You basically said exactly why so few characters have families. It's a responsibility.

Remember, D&D is a libertarian power fantasy. It's very much not about family and responsibility.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

ProfessorCirno posted:

Remember, D&D is a libertarian power fantasy. It's very much not about family and responsibility.

Except when that's the main (conflicting) motivation of most of the PCs.

My PC in my main game can't go home to his wife and remaining kids because he was instrumental in a effecting a bloodless revolution that was later overthrown by a noble-led military coup. He barely escaped, three of his friends died getting most of his and their families out, and now they're separated by a continent full of feudal authoritarians who want to publicly execute them.

He believes his family's in hiding while he tries to get a violent revolution going (the obvious course of action, assuming you're hosed up enough to be a vengeance paladin in the first place). He considers that his primary responsibility while his family's "safe". I'm pretty sure the DM's working towards a reveal where his wife and two teenage daughters are doing the same thing on the other side of the world, which if true is going to throw his whole hosed up world view out of kilter. I haven't decided what will happen, but it's gonna be a conflict of perceived responsibilities.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 4, 2018

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Friends, I know we just slew a dragon.

But when you think about it, the real dragon is the tyrannical family court judge Ellen Tao, whose anti-father agenda is preventing me from seeing my kids.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
a child claiming to be yours with reasonable but not unimpeachable evidence sounds like a good encounter to me

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Generally you don't take up a life of wandering the countryside with a bunch of amoral weirdos, killing people and looting graves, if you have a stable home life.

The Crotch posted:

Friends, I know we just slew a dragon.

But when you think about it, the real dragon is the tyrannical family court judge Ellen Tao, whose anti-father agenda is preventing me from seeing my kids.

Noice

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

a child claiming to be yours with reasonable but not unimpeachable evidence sounds like a good encounter to me

This is probably the worst thing that the DM could do to any PC in our party. It'd cause an amazing shitstorm regardless of who it happened to, but probably half the party would need to drop everything else to figure it out right now because it messes with their backstories and goals pretty hard.

I guess I should expect it or something like it to come up.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
What if the evidence were downright shoddy? Like nothing solid but the time/place works out and it's plausible? Presuming that it makes any sense for the character. Like I wouldn't want to write a child into the story of any PC unilaterally but someone claiming to be one is like at least somewhat different. They didn't need your help for 20(0) years anyway, maybe they are your child and are still just hustling.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Bertold the Fighter has been increasingly nervous after being confronted a group consisting of a young half-elf, a half-orc, a half-dragon, a half-mimic, a tiefling and a genasi, but won't say why.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I dunno how critical role is viewed here but they have a pretty fun bit where the lothario bard hits on a young girl only to later finds out its his daughter and has been dead set on killing him for abandoning her mother.

One amazing persuasion roll later and she's a long term character who pops up occasionally

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
I could see someone with a family going off to be a soldier-for-hire type, or maybe they're part of a mercenary company or simply part of the military of the land. Something happens to their comrades, they need to find work to survive as there's no longer a trickle of gold coming in.

There's also an image somewhere of a Bard with a very grumpy looking group of monster-women and their half-breed children which Skellybones reminded me of.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
There's always something like Beyond the Wall, where part of chargen is building your web of family and friendship connections in your beloved small town peasant village. Like a character might be apprenticed to the local blacksmith (Who's someone else's father) and engaged to the miller's daughter, while the blacksmith's kid went out to the woods to hang out with the local forester and the local lord's kid is best friends with the witch's apprentice who got hired by the witch for her amazing beermaking skill she learned from her innkeeper parents. But the whole conceit of Beyond the Wall is doing stories like that and centered around your small town.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Skellybones posted:

Bertold Joe Walsh the Fighter has been increasingly nervous after being confronted a group consisting of a young half-elf, a half-orc, a half-dragon, a half-mimic, a tiefling and a genasi, but won't say why.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

unseenlibrarian posted:

There's always something like Beyond the Wall, where part of chargen is building your web of family and friendship connections in your beloved small town peasant village. Like a character might be apprenticed to the local blacksmith (Who's someone else's father) and engaged to the miller's daughter, while the blacksmith's kid went out to the woods to hang out with the local forester and the local lord's kid is best friends with the witch's apprentice who got hired by the witch for her amazing beermaking skill she learned from her innkeeper parents. But the whole conceit of Beyond the Wall is doing stories like that and centered around your small town.

To give me a sweet little inroad into talking about the Star wars system, the Obligation mechanic is still some of the best hooks into an adventurer hero protagonist. To play a character who need to come up with a reason as to why you aren't just living the good life in a nice and safe place. What is obligating you to go off and be a hero protagonist.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I dunno how critical role is viewed here but they have a pretty fun bit where the lothario bard hits on a young girl only to later finds out its his daughter and has been dead set on killing him for abandoning her mother.

One amazing persuasion roll later and she's a long term character who pops up occasionally

Critical Role is good and fun and got several of my players into the game/RPG's in general.

We should all strife to be Grog.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

kingcom posted:

To give me a sweet little inroad into talking about the Star wars system, the Obligation mechanic is still some of the best hooks into an adventurer hero protagonist. To play a character who need to come up with a reason as to why you aren't just living the good life in a nice and safe place. What is obligating you to go off and be a hero protagonist.

The pilot in our Star Wars game took "Alimony" as her obligation and decided that every time her obligation came up in session it was a different ex-spouse. I think by the time the gag played itself out there were like nine of them.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Critical Role is good and fun and got several of my players into the game/RPG's in general.

We should all strife to be Grog.

Recently watched their Level 20 Battle Royale video. I felt so bad for Travis.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Arthil posted:

Recently watched their Level 20 Battle Royale video. I felt so bad for Travis.

Here's hoping his new character will let him use his wits instead of just being taken advantage of all the time because he can't roll a high enough insight check when his friends (e: wife) lie to him.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

unseenlibrarian posted:

The pilot in our Star Wars game took "Alimony" as her obligation and decided that every time her obligation came up in session it was a different ex-spouse. I think by the time the gag played itself out there were like nine of them.

Your pilot gets it.

Pleads posted:

Here's hoping his new character will let him use his wits instead of just being taken advantage of all the time because he can't roll a high enough insight check when his friends (e: wife) lie to him.

I've only watched a little bit but Travis seems like the best of the group and I really hope he gets to try and do all the cool poo poo. I don't know if he gets a bunch of cool magic items later on but I got to watch a few fight where the casters obliterate everything and he comes in to knock over some goblins and get his brain eaten by a intellect devourer so lol.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 4, 2018

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

kingcom posted:

I've only watched a little bit but Travis seems like the best of the group and I really hope he gets to try and do all the cool poo poo. I don't know if he gets a bunch of cool magic items later on but I got to watch a few fighters where the casts obliterate everything and he comes in to knock over some goblins and get his brain eaten by a intellect devourer so lol.

Not wanting to give anything away, but watch the Lv. 17 Battle Royale. It's one of the show's best episodes.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you think about it, Martin Guerre was the original murderhobo.