Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

I wonder if any of you fine gents will spend money on the A-Z gundam. I'm probably more inclined in scratchbuilding the shoulder cannons.

It somehow got a general release, much to the surprise of official Bluefin retailers. I can't wait to get mine in; it looks too much like the Nadesico to not have in waverider form. https://www.gundamplanet.com/hgbf-a-z-gundam.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
General release? that's a solid buy from me then, even though I'm cutting down on HGs to save more money.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

backlog starting to get ridiculous. this doesnt include the three other kits currently under construction.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

backlog starting to get ridiculous. this doesnt include the three other kits currently under construction.

Solution: Kitbash.

Feeling like a gunpla war criminal

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Neurolimal posted:

Solution: Kitbash.

Please kitash a Tom Servo gunpla.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

MJP posted:

It somehow got a general release, much to the surprise of official Bluefin retailers. I can't wait to get mine in; it looks too much like the Nadesico to not have in waverider form. https://www.gundamplanet.com/hgbf-a-z-gundam.html

Thanks for this, I was going to use my buddy stationed in Okinawa get this.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Red Bones posted:

Please kitash a Tom Servo gunpla.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tom Servo?

more like

GM Servo

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Dom Servo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
If I had a Perfect Zeong kit I'd kitbash it with Tom Servo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

That’s his name all right.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

worthless. posted:

That’s his name all right.

He is a Char.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I thought the A-Z was a general release everywhere but Japan where it was an Amazon exclusive?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

:thunk:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Puddin posted:

I thought the A-Z was a general release everywhere but Japan where it was an Amazon exclusive?

Correct?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Another kit done! Please enjoy these terrible phone photos of my cool kit:

The HG Gundam Gold Frame Astray Amatu Mina Model is the worst kit I've had the pleasure to work on so far - I mean, she was doable, and fun to put together, but.

- Almost every gold piece had extra tiny gold nubs that I had to trim off as they would prevent pieces from snapping in place.
- The fit for several pieces was not great and I had to get some pliers out to make one of the legs fit together so I could put on the knee joint cover.
- The side skirt pieces do NOT fit inside, if I tip her even a little they're going to fall out.
- 500000 stickers I hate stickers. I'm getting better at them, and this was good practice, but also yikes, my hands shake a tiny bit and aiming stickers is difficult.

So... yeah. Not the best HG kit I've ever worked with...but hell. She looks great, it was a great excuse for practicing stickers on a 20$ kit, and now I can settle in to wait for the Master Grade my brother bought me for xmas to arrive. Also I deeply love the asymmetrical arms she has, and the claws. :D

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
At least it looks nice finished! The gold frame could use some brown lining to pop, but I'd understand if you just want to be done with it.

Weird question: anyone aware of a kit/weapon/options set with a Parrying Dagger? They come in three types; a Main Gauche (huge hilt to protect hand, long blade, two straight prongs to wedge blades into to wrest out of a hand), a Three-Blade (dagger that springs out into 3 blades with hooks at the ends, you shove a sword in and try to close the dagger), and a Bladebreaker (fat dagger with serrated gaps on one side to get blades stuck in, looks like a medieval blacksmith received a vision of anime swords)

I want one for the long frankenstein arm in the pic I posted to hold, concept being that it would quickly disarm assailants while swinging the slow giant sword around.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 4, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd just call it an unpleasant kit based off the design alone. That is one ugly looking mobile suit, and the polished black does not look good against a matte yellow/gold at all.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

At least it looks nice finished! The gold frame could use some brown lining to pop, but I'd understand if you just want to be done with it.

What do you mean by brown lining? As in using a gundam marker?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd just call it an unpleasant kit based off the design alone. That is one ugly looking mobile suit, and the polished black does not look good against a matte yellow/gold at all.

Our tastes are different, I think it's a good lookin' suit and I love the contrast!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MJP posted:

But will it get to Build Burning? :v:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, just lining with a brown (or black) color. It's mostly just me not being a big fan of unlined gold, though :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah, just lining with a brown (or black) color. It's mostly just me not being a big fan of unlined gold, though :v:

Ah, I see! I haven't bought a marker yet, so... hmm. I'll think on it, but don't hold your breath, I like the gold!

(I really need to get a black marker and deco up my RG Red Astray, because as pretty as that kit is, it really needs some lining to make it pop and as it was my first kit I wasn't prepared to do that...)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I recommend the brown lining marker on red too. Black looks too sharp imo.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I think I just found a kit that could be a good intro to using a marker - Kimaris Vidar is under 20$, really pretty, and it looks like it'll take a marker to bring out how sharp that design is.

Choices, choices... do I buy him now and a marker, or wait until after the MG is here and I've done that...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think I just found a kit that could be a good intro to using a marker - Kimaris Vidar is under 20$, really pretty, and it looks like it'll take a marker to bring out how sharp that design is.

Choices, choices... do I buy him now and a marker, or wait until after the MG is here and I've done that...

The Hi-Mock is one of the cheapest and most well-made kits you can get, and it's practically made for testing poo poo out on.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Hi-Mock is one of the cheapest and most well-made kits you can get, and it's practically made for testing poo poo out on.

I don't like how it looks. :(

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
The Hi-Mock doesn't really have too many panel lines to be a good intro to that. I remember my first 'real' kit being the HG Hazel, there's a lot of panel lines to do on that.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If you're into crazy asymmetrical fellows, might I suggest this guy?

https://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-ibo-gundam-astaroth-rinascimento.html

The blue brick folds out into a third arm for wacky giant sword swing poses.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 4, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

If you're into crazy asymmetrical fellows, might I suggest this guy?

https://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-ibo-gundam-astaroth-rinascimento.html

I want him, but regret that his color scheme is so.... boring. :sigh:

(Gonna have to learn how to paint gunplas at some point, I think. So many of these kits are great but for some reason are bedecked in the worst colors)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if you like purple gundams, theres http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10303612

has a cape which is also two giant hands

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ah, I see! I haven't bought a marker yet, so... hmm. I'll think on it, but don't hold your breath, I like the gold!

(I really need to get a black marker and deco up my RG Red Astray, because as pretty as that kit is, it really needs some lining to make it pop and as it was my first kit I wasn't prepared to do that...)

The gold would still be entirely visible, you'd just be filling in the lines to make it look less blobby. For most things you can just use a micron pen or a pencil, but for brown you should probably go with some super thinned down paint. Games Workshop paints work fine and can be cleaned up super easily and don't damage gunpla plastic, but I'm sure there's even better for reverse washing slapdash stuff of paint+water then cleaned up.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
there's a brown gundam lining marker that works really nicely

JamesWestfall
Mar 29, 2010

I've just started my first gunpla, a Master Grade RX-78-2 One Year War Version and I'm struggling on the leg assembly, the middle step in this page has me perplexed, any thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/sVeRE

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

JamesWestfall posted:

I've just started my first gunpla, a Master Grade RX-78-2 One Year War Version and I'm struggling on the leg assembly, the middle step in this page has me perplexed, any thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/sVeRE

It looks like it's telling you to press down on that part and remove the little bit that looks like a key. Then you can use the wedge section of that other one to extend the bit on the other side of the leg.

JamesWestfall
Mar 29, 2010

That's kinda what I was thinking but was afraid to break something off

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mikeycp posted:

there's a brown gundam lining marker that works really nicely

yeah i use it for everything that isnt white

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Finished the build for the PG Exia, only 2 real issues I've had with it. One is the left side of the cheek part of it's faceplate doesn't stay flush like it should, I might have to glue that. Two the fingers for the hands that hold the swords at a downward angle dont stay in very well compared to the other hands, but that should be easily fixed by thickening the part that secures the fingers.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Puddin posted:

I thought my LED unit was defective and didn't have enough length to connect properly, turns out I was just reading the instructions wrong.

I only found this out after completing all the armor. But I'd be interested if your lower arms have a tendency to be a bit loose once its got its armor on. It's not like it falls out or anything, but mine kinda will slip out when posing. I'll probably try and thicken the peg slightly at some point.

I love this kit though.

So far the armor is fine, the elbow joint on the right arm cant hold the gn sword in long blade form out that well, but the rest of the swords its fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah it's fine when stowed, but it can't hold that sword up. It's massive.

I have the same problem with the manipulators too. Two fingers are just a little weak and pop out easily.