Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Reinstallation is reverse of removal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

They've really upped their game for the people and smoke animations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

retards with petards

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

spog posted:

Yeah- they've gotten more lifelike than the CSB personnel in the video.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Yeah- they've gotten more lifelike than the CSB personnel in the video.

Yeah the CGI is top notch now wow

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what are you supposed to do when chlorine gas starts wafting through your town? Piss on a shirt, wrap it around your face, and hope for the best?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Blast of Confetti posted:

what are you supposed to do when chlorine gas starts wafting through your town? Piss on a shirt, wrap it around your face, and hope for the best?

Make yourself as large as possible to scare the cloud away.

If that doesn't work, play dead, which will eventually get really, really easy.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Also is putting your emergency respirators behind locks a normal thing? Why would you do that

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lovely management that thought people would steal them i assume

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Powershift posted:

Make yourself as large as possible to scare my butt away.
Teehee.

And yeah, why the hell were emergency respirators locked up?

Same reason night club owners chain emergency exits shut and people try to prevent people from exiting a burning restaurant without paying first, I guess.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in a situation like that imo it's the duty of everyone about to die to take the guy who did that with them

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I have ridden on something like this. It went out over a 40-50 foot drop from trees around you to over the canopy. I should not have done that and this gif scares me.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of and thats unfortunate

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

ATP_Power posted:

RDX is OSHA in some other ways too:

"RDX’s threat as a powerful neurotoxin affecting brain and nervous system development was at the same time becoming better understood. American troops in Vietnam had experienced epileptic fits when they ate C-4 explosives containing RDX as a sort of gruesome initiation rite. A Chinese medical journal reported that a person who accidentally ate RDX had died. Then five RDX factory workers in Tennessee also succumbed to seizures after being exposed to high levels of RDX in dust. And in 1986, researchers in Arkansas reported on a 3-year-old child who had violent seizures after he was exposed to RDX on his mother’s work boots."
"In 1990, the EPA classified RDX as a “possible human carcinogen,” a formal warning that a contaminant is potentially dangerous and deserves more study. It also revised its suggested limits for how much RDX was safe in water, determining that the level the Army had applied at Cornhusker was 17 times too lenient. Instead, the EPA suggested that only two parts per billion of RDX was safe, giving it a danger score stricter than other deadly pollutants, including benzene and the herbicide atrazine."

I'm wondering how feasible it would be to distill RDX from wastewater, and if that might also play into the extremely stringent standards for the material. Even if you don't get a combustible amount of RDX, you still end up with a concentration that functions as a neurotoxin, so I think it's less that it's a contamination hazard, and more that it's a possible security concern.

Possible, but also possible that it's about "personal responsibility" checklists and other dumb paperwork. Basically, not that someone steals them, but "that forgetful gently caress Steve keeps borrowing everyone's masks, and they end up in weird places or missing", so now everyone has to account for their personal inventory, and the only way to guarantee that Steve doesn't borrow your poo poo is to lock it up.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHSuInSkHtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9UO9tn4MpI

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

They drilled a gas line into our walk-in fridge. Why the gently caress? The construction guy said it wasn't a good idea but powers above kept bugging him about it so they "roughed it in."

I'm going to loving die here.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mak0rz posted:

They drilled a gas line into our walk-in fridge. Why the gently caress? The construction guy said it wasn't a good idea but powers above kept bugging him about it so they "roughed it in."

Make sure your life insurance policy is up to date.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

spog posted:

That and the music soundtrack went techno. Also: 39.9 million tons of chemicals delivered every 8.4 seconds in the US in 2016. There should be a "holy mother of gently caress" smilie.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Collateral Damage posted:

Teehee.

And yeah, why the hell were emergency respirators locked up?

Same reason night club owners chain emergency exits shut and people try to prevent people from exiting a burning restaurant without paying first, I guess.

They’ll steal them for use in meth labs.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
The 11-foot-8 Bridge strikes again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxVQ7ZEG1RU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phuzzy posted:

What gets me about these is that every time something hits this bridge, the idiot driving has to have run a red light to do it.

There needs to be a camera on the other side as well so we can laugh at facial expressions and morons bouncing around their now-airborne truck cabins.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I’d like to think the guy who was going to follow the latest crash was just like “welp, I’ll just go the longer way.”

For us, it’s another special event. A truck has been can openered.

But for that guy, it was just Sunday.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Phuzzy posted:

Let's just head off the derail. No the bridge nor the road can be moved.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Phuzzy posted:

Looks like they have new cameras, I appreciated the slow-motion as the bridge peeled off the top of the truck. Just leaving the truck there is a pro move. No way they can find out who rented it or anything...

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Zil posted:

Let's just head off the derail. No the bridge nor the road can be moved.

quote:

As Jürgen Henn explains in his website, the bridge cannot be raised because doing so would require the tracks to be raised for several miles to adjust the incline. North Carolina Railroad doesn’t want to pay for the enormous expense it would entail. The bridge cannot be lowered either because there is a major sewer line running only four feet under the street.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Go under the sewer line.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

this reads exactly like some PDA log file you pick up off a dead guy in Doom 3

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Memento posted:

What gets me about these is that every time something hits this bridge, the idiot driving has to have run a red light to do it.
That light's set to stay red forever if there's an overheight truck waiting, isn't it? I can imagine someone waiting there a while, assuming the light is broken, and just going for it, thinking that the "MUST TURN" sign somehow doesn't apply to them.

But this guy didn't even slow down, and the other side was already green by that point. Even if there hadn't been a bridge there, he could have nailed some car in the intersection. I'd like to see a followup on this one, to see if he had a suspended license or something.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

There needs to be a camera on the other side as well so we can laugh at facial expressions and morons bouncing around their now-airborne truck cabins.

This guy did run the red, but if you stop for long enough it does eventually turn green, even if the truck is still there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2QW9CiHpZA

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 4, 2018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TVs Ian posted:

That light's set to stay red forever if there's an overheight truck waiting, isn't it? I can imagine someone waiting there a while, assuming the light is broken, and just going for it, thinking that the "MUST TURN" sign somehow doesn't apply to them.

There should be one of those "please take ticket" booths there that just issues reckless driving citations and turns the light green

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TTerrible posted:

Go under the sewer line.

Flush the trucks.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there a "standard" overpass height for most bridges that is higher than 11'8"?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there a "standard" overpass height for most bridges that is higher than 11'8"?

Interstate standard is fourteen feet in urban areas.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Fallows posted:

Also is putting your emergency respirators behind locks a normal thing? Why would you do that
Sounds like they are personally issued and at shift change the outgoing shift had put their gear up in their personal locker and the incoming shift hadn't retrieved their gear yet.

Although there's also really dumb poo poo like when escape respirators are at the point of use in the field. You need to protect them from the elements/etc so they go in a box/chest. And to quickly inspect them there are quick break seals so an inspector can just walk up and say yup, box is sealed so respirators are good to go.

Then somebody sees the seals and is like those are just zip ties and zip ties them shut. Zip ties aren't exactly quick to break.

Duck tape garbage bags to the windows and turn the A/C off, or run/drive transverse then upwind to the big green cloud. "Evacuate or shelter in place" means the weather was probably conducive to a slow stroll transverse to a lazy green death cloud meandering your way on the breeze.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TVs Ian posted:

But this guy didn't even slow down, and the other side was already green by that point. Even if there hadn't been a bridge there, he could have nailed some car in the intersection. I'd like to see a followup on this one, to see if he had a suspended license or something.

It's a hire truck, so I assume someone at the hire office looked at his license. Don't you get your license physically taken away if it's suspended?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Phuzzy posted:

I'm the car that was going to turn, but noticed another fuckwad hit the bridge and just went to the next block.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why not hang some chains before the bridge tho?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Memento posted:

It's a hire truck, so I assume someone at the hire office looked at his license. Don't you get your license physically taken away if it's suspended?

Driver could have had a warrant or was drunk because you know, it was New Year's Eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
I like the water curtain in front of this Sydney tunnel.