Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TRUMP MUST
This poll is closed.
fire Mueller 0 0%
build The Wall 0 0%
legalize weed (cannabis) 0 0%
smoke weed 420 100.00%
allow Barron to join with the sandworms 0 0%
Total: 0 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Probably Magic posted:

probably nextwave again, catch up on whatever bullshit is going on in saga next time I'm at B&N

Nextwave is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

probably nextwave again, catch up on whatever bullshit is going on in saga next time I'm at B&N

You are making the correct choices for comics.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/splillo/status/948818542237011968

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nextwave is trash

MODS???

MadJackal has issued a correction as of 08:42 on Jan 4, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
honestly i haven't read as much since marvel took its monthlies out of bookstores, which just means i need to get to a comic store, but meh

i was enjoying gotham academy and the vision for awhile, but i'm sick and tired of all my favorite books being written like rear end otherwise

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
That's oglaf

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Well I just lost like two hours to reading lol, just as tired as when I started too goddamnit

Saga could be good but it tries too hard. I like the art. Beyond that I don't really read comics unless it's like big whole series trade paperbacks that I can binge

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Reality Loser posted:

That's oglaf

Saga basically is.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i thought oglaf was some website from the 90s full of crime scene photos of mangled corpses and other stuff like that

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

tacodaemon posted:

i thought oglaf was some website from the 90s full of crime scene photos of mangled corpses and other stuff like that

No that's fyag

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Well I just lost like two hours to reading lol, just as tired as when I started too goddamnit

Saga could be good but it tries too hard. I like the art. Beyond that I don't really read comics unless it's like big whole series trade paperbacks that I can binge

a student gave me saga after graduating saying i would love it. i gave it to my wife cause reading is for idiot brainiacs like her.
she said it was about a rape planet or something?
bullet dodged. fuckin wacky comic guys. why cant you be pure like my japanese animes?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There's a story to be told in Saga that could be very good. This sort of story can't involve sex every third panel though, so that story will never be told

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Probably Magic posted:

honestly i haven't read as much since marvel took its monthlies out of bookstores, which just means i need to get to a comic store, but meh

i was enjoying gotham academy and the vision for awhile, but i'm sick and tired of all my favorite books being written like rear end otherwise

If you like vision that guy is writing Batman now and it's loving incredible

Also the Flintstones book that came out last year I'd a secret masterpiece, it's this rad social commentary but like weird as hell

There's a subplot through most of the book about how the appliances are slaves and at one point the appliances call the family pet "uncle Dino"

Also the issue about marriage where Fred refused to get married until Adam and Steve can get married, and also there's a gay bar called Homo Erectus

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The best part about reading aside from the naked escapism is the few fleeting moments you feel smart after reading for a few hours and reflecting even tho in reality ur dumb as poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The only good part of saga is the two page spread of a dragon sucking it's own dick

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

tacodaemon posted:

That's ogrish

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol ok the website i was thinking of was called "ogrish"

lmao up until now whenever i saw you ppl talking about oglaf i thought you were talking about the mangled corpses website

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Trash thread has trash opinions, hope the generic Unisom and booze hit me soon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

There's a story to be told in Saga that could be very good. This sort of story can't involve sex every third panel though, so that story will never be told

is it like how powers became an excuse to turn all the women characters into nude star gods or whatever the gently caress was going on there? i stopped reading comics around then.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Also the Flintstones book that came out last year I'd a secret masterpiece, it's this rad social commentary but like weird as hell

There's a subplot through most of the book about how the appliances are slaves and at one point the appliances call the family pet "uncle Dino"

Also the issue about marriage where Fred refused to get married until Adam and Steve can get married, and also there's a gay bar called Homo Erectus

This sounds awesome I'm gettin it

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Doomtalker posted:

extremely LMAO if you wouldn't wear this hat

I would not wear this hat

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The best comic currently on stands is Sex Criminals btw because it's a comic about love and dating and dick jokes and also it's a comic where a couple can stop time by coming so they use that power to Rob a bank and things go wildly out of control

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

is it like how powers became an excuse to turn all the women characters into nude star gods or whatever the gently caress was going on there? i stopped reading comics around then.

I stopped just after the meeting the author thing so I think you made it way farther than me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

This didn't happen, citation I reread all of powers last year

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Serfer posted:

I would not wear this hat

extremely LMAO

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nextwave is trash

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The best comic currently on stands is Sex Criminals

Ah, you're trolling, I get it now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Saga is like Weeds in that it's poo poo and it's poo poo precisely because it feels the need to justify its "indieness" but I keep reading/watching it anyway, except there's more reward in Saga while Weeds just bored me out of caring after awhile.

Also I checked out the latest Doom Patrol and it's fun for a Grant Morrison imitation, though it doesn't have nearly the same verve that Umbrella Academy had.

I should check out Batman again, yeah.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Epic High Five posted:

I stopped just after the meeting the author thing so I think you made it way farther than me

That issue rules because it's not even bendis iirc it's like Warren Ellis

Bendis does appear in serial killer horror comic Nail biter, where a serial killer asks him how hes any different than the killer considering how many fictional deaths he's written

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MadJackal posted:

Ah, you're trolling, I get it now.

Have you read Sex Criminals or do you see the name and stop

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Because matt fraction is one of the best writers of the last ten years, like I'd argue top five with Brubaker and Hickman

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Because matt fraction is one of the best writers of the last ten years, like I'd argue top five with Brubaker and Hickman

His X-Men sucked though, but everyone's sucked on X-Men for years except Mike Carey.

I wish he was still on Hawkeye.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

All of that is just clicks and buzzes to me

I just read the pretty picture books with a maybe good story but probably not

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The entire last arc of sex crims was basically watching a relationship fall apart because of trust issues and it was hesrtwrenching, and also featured a hot dog truck called Wide Weiner

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Probably Magic posted:

His X-Men sucked though, but everyone's sucked on X-Men for years except Mike Carey.

I wish he was still on Hawkeye.

Yeah even Brubaker couldn't make that book good, and Bru is like my number one fave of the modern era

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

fred isnt paleo conservative?

Epic High Five posted:

like they showed one boob and it must have sold a lot cause by book 10 or 12 or whatever it was like a lotta titties and the story seemed pretty back burner

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The best comic currently on stands is Sex Criminals btw because it's a comic about love and dating and dick jokes and also it's a comic where a couple can stop time by coming so they use that power to Rob a bank and things go wildly out of control

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

fred isnt paleo conservative?

like they showed one boob and it must have sold a lot cause by book 10 or 12 or whatever it was like a lotta titties and the story seemed pretty back burner

Oh that's the arc that's basically a look at what tabloids slash celeb gossip are like with superheroes

It doesn't stay that way for more than like four issues

The next two get weird

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

P hosed up that if someone could freeze time you'd never know it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Iirc the arc after that or maybe the one after THAT ends with a Superman analog just absolutely mindfucking Deena and blwoing up like half of Oklahoma and then I think gets disintegrated by his own son? It was weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

P hosed up that if someone could freeze time you'd never know it

thats where those sudden butt pains come from

• Locked thread