Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tardcore posted:

I'm just seeing no image available unfortunately

That’s why I said it was super helpful

Edit: I can’t find anything after Googling for a few minutes, but maybe I’m just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Bobby Digital posted:

That’s why I said it was super helpful

Edit: I can’t find anything after Googling for a few minutes, but maybe I’m just dumb.

Yea I poked around google too and couldn't find poo poo

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I might have a jpeg or two to toss around...make me an offer via pm and we can do business.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

trickybiscuits posted:

To be fair, understanding modern art is like understanding complex mathematics or how a robe a la francaise goes together, you have to learn about it.

I actually think that's kind of a cop-out answer, at least to this sort of "if it isn't aspiring towards photographic realism then it isn't good art" excuse. That's not a lack of understanding; it's throttling your own sense of curiosity and wonder to score a shallow cultural win over those filthy moderns and everyone producing art outside the shadow of certain Italian masters. For some reason you never see anyone comparing Rembrandt's work with Pollock when they want to poo poo on modern art.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Knormal posted:

This is why we shouldn't allow mixed marriages, between humans and giants.

I don't tell you how to live your life, dude.

Also, art is paintings of horses.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

there wolf posted:

I actually think that's kind of a cop-out answer, at least to this sort of "if it isn't aspiring towards photographic realism then it isn't good art" excuse. That's not a lack of understanding; it's throttling your own sense of curiosity and wonder

The Wonder of Uneaten Cat Food

$10,000

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Take all the shitposts about art from the last two pages

Put them in a pile and set fire to them, then piss on the ashes

Set a placard in front reading "dead gay forums, 2017, faeces on cardboard" and sell it for six figgies

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Weatherman posted:

Take all the shitposts about art from the last two pages

Put them in a pile and set fire to them, then piss on the ashes

Set a placard in front reading "dead gay forums, 2017, faeces on cardboard" and sell it for six figgies

MORE LIKE FART

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

😂👌haha😂👌we😂👌literally😂👌found😂👌a😂👌dead😂👌body😂👌 😍Cummy😘 If 😤you 😜see👀 a 😱spooky💀 ghost👻👻👻you🤭 must🙏dab 👈👌😤💯 and 📱📸snap 🤳for 😱your 🤩followers😤😏🤣😂😅 🙋But😮 what👉 if🙎👀💀dead👻👻 bodies😨 dab😱 back❔😷💀💀 😂then you block 🚫Jacksfilms on Twitter 🐦 😩😩😩😩 Sorry 🙈😭 Logang 👌💯 My son 👦🏻 can be homer sexual 🏳️‍🌈 My daughter 👧🏻 can be lebanese 👭 But I will NEVER ‼️ Raise a child 👶🏻 who likes Jake and Logan Paul 🙅🏻‍ 😡😡 I 👈 have 👀 a 😾❌❌ RESTRAINING ❌❌ ORDER ❌❌🤜 against 😤 EVERY 😬🤙🚫Loganger🚫 and 🚫Jake Pauler🚫 👋😡💢💢

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

there wolf posted:

I actually think that's kind of a cop-out answer, at least to this sort of "if it isn't aspiring towards photographic realism then it isn't good art" excuse. That's not a lack of understanding; it's throttling your own sense of curiosity and wonder to score a shallow cultural win over those filthy moderns and everyone producing art outside the shadow of certain Italian masters. For some reason you never see anyone comparing Rembrandt's work with Pollock when they want to poo poo on modern art.
Tell you what, I can see the clothes, and they're beautiful.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Modern art is cool and interesting. Only morons do that 'my kid could do that' poo poo. Don't be a moron! Most of what people bitch about is the price, which just comes across as sour grapes that you can't make a bunch of money out of monetizing your name as a brand. It's a business, bubby.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Elysiume posted:

Look at this guy who just doesn't understand modern art.

:golfclap:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Pointillism is fine.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Quality brand engagement

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Strudel Man posted:

It's a sailboat; it doesn't wear clothes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Weatherman posted:

It's a sailboat
shut up

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I recently discovered this site called Nabo. It's like Facebook but much, much worse.

I assume he's responding to deleted posts, but honestly he might not be. :shrug:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Several dumb jokes brought out several people who ostensibly took US history at some point in their life, though you'd never know it

e:censoring

TheKennedys has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Jan 4, 2018

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Twin boys named Ron and Jeremy would be amazing though.

BRB, gotta go impregnate the wife

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

TheKennedys posted:

Several dumb jokes brought out several people who ostensibly took US history at some point in their life, though you'd never know it

e:censoring

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"its a religious celebration time not a holiday"

I mean I know words change meaning over time but lol

Soon this yearly custom became an annual tradition

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Tiggum posted:

I recently discovered this site called Nabo. It's like Facebook but much, much worse.

I assume he's responding to deleted posts, but honestly he might not be. :shrug:

Dude might be Australian but I'm still not sure if he actually speaks English or MURICAN like some kind of filthy immigrant.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Tardcore posted:

You all coming up with these weird schemes when we could just feed the nazis lead.

Katt has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Jan 4, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well since I was wrong about the last one, it's time to get things right with an easy 2-pointer.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Well since I was wrong about the last one, it's time to get things right with an easy 2-pointer.

We just did this one

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

We just did this one

Did you have the exact same comments?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

😂👌haha😂👌we😂👌literally😂👌found😂👌a😂👌dead😂👌body😂👌 😍Cummy😘 If 😤you 😜see👀 a 😱spooky💀 ghost👻👻👻you🤭 must🙏dab 👈👌😤💯 and 📱📸snap 🤳for 😱your 🤩followers😤😏🤣😂😅 🙋But😮 what👉 if🙎👀💀dead👻👻 bodies😨 dab😱 back❔😷💀💀 😂then you block 🚫Jacksfilms on Twitter 🐦 😩😩😩😩 Sorry 🙈😭 Logang 👌💯 My son 👦🏻 can be homer sexual 🏳️‍🌈 My daughter 👧🏻 can be lebanese 👭 But I will NEVER ‼️ Raise a child 👶🏻 who likes Jake and Logan Paul 🙅🏻‍ 😡😡 I 👈 have 👀 a 😾❌❌ RESTRAINING ❌❌ ORDER ❌❌🤜 against 😤 EVERY 😬🤙🚫Loganger🚫 and 🚫Jake Pauler🚫 👋😡💢💢

Homer sexual and lebanese had me in stitches, goddamn

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

RareAcumen posted:

Did you have the exact same comments?

Pretty much, I think.
Still dumb as gently caress though so it's not the end of the world posting it again.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Strudel Man posted:

I can see that people value different things and reducing any art of any style or quality into a cheap signifier of "the correct culture" is lovely behavior that should warrant immediate exclusion from any conversation about what is good art. I can think Jeff Coons is an utter hack without giving ground to baby-fascists exploiting Renaissance and Baroque art as propaganda for superior Western culture before it was tainted by foreigners and leftists.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Jeff Koons is terrible, Kehinde Wiley is incredible. Both are contemporary artists.

Mike Kelly (whom I presume was the artist discussed in the long text bit quoted) is complicated, because to me his art is ugly as gently caress but still evokes a visceral reaction. I feel the same way about Joseph Beuys and Kiki Smith.

I like art.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

"Pretended"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
There's a lot to unpack there.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

there wolf posted:

Counterpoint: sometimes you have to get jolted out of a certain mindset to look at modern art. The book, for example, basically asks the question that if we use carefully designed stripes in home decorating, and carefully designed stripes on clothing, why not put stripes on a canvas and put it on a wall? And ideally demand a response.

Here's a young man advising a young woman about whether to have anal sex with her boyfriend.

quote:

You'll either like the sensation or not, just do not give into his petty requests for deviant sexual endeavours at the risk of A. your dignity B. your sexual health (i.e. if the condom tears in the anus, and he gets his excrement / dirtied penis in your vagina... loads of STD'S / disgusting diseases and bacteriam.. eurgh germs! ) C. your pride.

Think about what your letting him do to you. His penis, his... PENIS.. into your anus. There not two places that usually bond well together i.e. in a night club the penis dosent automatically ask the anus for a dance, it goes for the vagina.

I know if I was a girl I'd ask my man to never anally penetrate me as its a disgusting act... but then again , it depends on who you are....

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
IoSM: in a nightclub the penis dosent automatically ask the anus for a dance

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Never ever stop this

Saddest Rhino for Greatest Poster of All Time (GPOAT)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Field Mousepad posted:

There's a lot to unpack there.

That's what the doctor in the photoshops said!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I hate this guy.

So much.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Canned Panda posted:

I hate this guy.

So much.

Has Ian ever read a single article in his life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Has Ian ever read a single article in his life?

Apparently a review of "The Witcher 3" if that counts.