Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

lol Come on dude.

?? Confused by a non homer response or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welcome to Cleveland, Josh
https://twitter.com/josh3rosen/status/948704443268124672

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's always a shame to see someone's career go up in flames before it even starts. :sigh:

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

Darnold just declared https://www.instagram.com/p/BdgdGEHF0UY

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

He'll hold out and embarrass the Browns more. I feel it in my bones.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm hoping for Jackson for the Browns. I want me a running - slinging QB with Saquon Barkley.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Browns are 100% taking Darnold

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doltos posted:

Mark Andrews is really good and should be a top 50 pick. Gesicki should also be up there too. There's also a bunch of giants in this draft that are sound blockers and should be picked up before the third day. Adam Breneman is an intriguing guy, same with Dallas Goedert. They're both big rumblers from smaller schools that have been dominating so far.
There are some interesting options, but I don't see any sure first rounders.

I like Andrews early in the 2nd.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The more top 10 QBs that come out, the better. Keep pushing that talent down to 9/10!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Coldforge posted:

The more top 10 QBs that come out, the better. Keep pushing that talent down to 9/10!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets should 100% trade up for Darnold.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rosen is going to be so much better than Darnold, unless he goes to the Browns

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't like Sam Darnold's face, plus he has a boring name. Based on that I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a failure no matter what team drafts him.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Chris Mortensen posted:

Impressive enough that Lee could be drafted as high as the second round, in Mortensen's opinion, even though the 2018 quarterback draft class is considered to be a relatively strong one, headed by the likes of Josh Rosen of UCLA, Baker Mayfield of Oklahoma, Josh Allen of Wyoming and Luke Falk of Washington State.

"He has size and a great arm," Mortensen said of the 6-foot-4, 220-pound Lee. "He's going to throw better than the majority of quarterbacks who are going to be available. He's not on the radar right now because Nebraska wasn't on the radar.

"That's definitely the case, but I look at Lee as a guy who has potential to be a starter in the league. There's not a question whether he can be a No. 2 guy in the league; the question is whether he'll grow into a starter in the league, I think."

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 18, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/IM_TEXAS_TRILL/status/948597367892213763

Not that there was much doubt. Should be the first or second corner off the board in this class. Learn from the mistake you made with Des King, NFL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/IM_TEXAS_TRILL/status/948597367892213763

Not that there was much doubt. Should be the first or second corner off the board in this class. Learn from the mistake you made with Des King, NFL

Des owns so hard

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

a neat cape posted:

Des owns so hard

He does. Jackson isn't actually that similar to him and is much more of a pure corner prospect. Way less physical (Des is like having a very tiny extra linebacker on the field) but much better size and athleticism to cover guys on the outside.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hahahahahAHHAHAhahahaHAhahahahaHAHAHA

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Jets or Browns, you figure?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Well poo poo if it's either of those teams, he will see the field in 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Now begins a long, gut wrenching period to see the Giants inevitably take Darnold over Jackson

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Coldforge posted:

Jets or Browns, you figure?

No. The Browns need to trade No 1 to the Jets and then take Lee at 6.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I thought Josh Allen being a high draft pick would be the funniest thing to happen in this quarterback class but if Tanner loving Lee manages to get taken in the first round i might actually die of aspyhxiation

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

I thought Josh Allen being a high draft pick would be the funniest thing to happen in this quarterback class but if Tanner loving Lee manages to get taken in the first round i might actually die of aspyhxiation

You see at THE MANNING PASSING ACADEMY

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I mean, Lee is a good kid — he handled this shitstorm that was Nebraska's 2017 season as well as anyone — and if he has a good combine, someone's gonna take a late-round flyer on him (and because measurables, too)

but 2nd rounder, c'mon Chris

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Reminder that Darnold is still stupidly young.

https://twitter.com/ChrisTrapasso/status/948713413299068932

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

He is but that's not actually much of a difference between he and Rosen or Jackson

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Older than Kizer was at the start of the season.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I'm kind of surprised the Browns didn't keep Rosen or Darnold in school.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cash Monet posted:

I'm kind of surprised the Browns didn't keep Rosen or Darnold in school.

Rosen probably isn't the best fit for the offense that Chip will hopefully run (though he did have at least one really good offense with Foles so I'm sure he'd at least try) and there are at least hints that he might try to pull an Eli anyway, which would be awesome. And with Darnold I assume he just doesn't want to risk another bad year and completely torpedo his stock. Right now he can at least play the youth card and Blane a bar offensive line and receivers. Another turnover filled year would be harder to explain away

Hopefully the Browns just jump on the Josh Allen grenade instead, he's gonna bust anyway it might as well be for the browns

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Come to think of it the Browns taking Barkley first and sitting back on whichever QB drops to them is a very Browns move

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doltos posted:

Come to think of it the Browns taking Barkley first and sitting back on whichever QB drops to them is a very Browns move

Well if they have 3 guys they like, why not?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Remember when the Browns traded a second round pick to move up one spot to get Kellen Winslow? Or when they traded a 3rd and 4th to move up one spot to get Trent Richardson?

Now imagine if they didn’t take a QB #1 and the Colts trucked them into thinking they were going to draft their guy.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bigass Moth posted:

Remember when the Browns traded a second round pick to move up one spot to get Kellen Winslow? Or when they traded a 3rd and 4th to move up one spot to get Trent Richardson?

Now imagine if they didn’t take a QB #1 and the Colts trucked them into thinking they were going to draft their guy.

Again, if there are 3 QBS they like, they draft Barkley 1st overall and grab one of their dudes at 4. If there are not 3, that changes things.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i hope the browns trade up from #4.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Jimmy is going to take Saquan and get super pissed because his qb got picked. Burn it all.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why 3? Are we assuming Indianapolis takes a QB?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

Probably not, but they could trade down to Denver or the Jets.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Doltos posted:

I would buy Sunday Ticket for triple-box coverage of Darnold/Rosen/Allen's agents on draft day sweating out their client falling to the Browns.

• Locked thread