Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So much that's wrong with America concentrated in one stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

G-Hawk posted:

its better than the other G5 conferences at the moment but it isn't even close to a P5 conference in depth. I don't think USF or Memphis were very good either but even if they were, its a loving cliff after them

I hate the MWC and want out.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

a neat cape posted:

put sdst and boise in the pac12 imo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

G-Hawk posted:

That would be cool.

I don't see it happening for either really.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

G-Hawk posted:

its better than the other G5 conferences at the moment but it isn't even close to a P5 conference in depth. I don't think USF or Memphis were very good either but even if they were, its a loving cliff after them

Navy is always a pain to play against
Temple would have been much better if they played Franky Juice from the start
Houston was solid

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

boop the snoot posted:

UCF needs to join the ACC imho

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Some UCF people seem to think the Big Ten wants to add them.

ECU wants in the ACC badly but until it becomes apparent the conferences will have to shirk their academic sides to save the athletic I just don't see it happening for them or UCF (this will never happen, those two conferences care a shitload about academics).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

G-Hawk posted:

USC and UCLA would veto that faster than anyone could blink.

Boise because of academics, SDSU because of having a third team recruiting against them in southern California and also academics, though we're getting better on that front

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

G-Hawk posted:

No don't.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Alabama and Georgia are literally the foundations of his voting base of course Two Scoops is going to be there.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

vyst posted:

Alabama and Georgia are literally the foundations of his voting base of course Two Scoops is going to be there.

Inshah'Allah Atlanta will turn Georgia blue... any year now...

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Claim all championships

Nothing you do matters anyways

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The only team I don't think UCF could beat in the Pac-12 is October/November Stanford.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

Kendrick Lamar is doing halftime. I hope he goes off script.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

a neat cape posted:

You and Boise had your chance

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I don't know why you continuously target every post I make but keep grinding that axe you've been working on ever since you chased half of TFF away as a lovely mod.

A few pages ago, but this is one of the most absurd posts I've ever read on SA.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I’m pretty sure hotlanta man has other stuff going on in his life that affects his posting, if I remember right. Just take it with a grain of salt

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

LeeMajors posted:

Now it's definitely a meteor game.

emptyquoting this forever, gently caress the police

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

buddhanc posted:

Claim all championships

Nothing you do matters anyways

And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and roll tide!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Good for UCF. I still think Mizzou should claim 2007 on the dubious claims of a hand full of computer (?) polls like the Anderson Heston.

Edit: fixed a word.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 4, 2018

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Kendrick Lamar is doing halftime. I hope he goes off script.

I *think* Kendrick's performing outside (brrrrr) in Centennial Olympic Park; the Million Dollar and Redcoat bands will be doing the halftime show inside the stadium.

Re: Auburn Games Point Differential: If UCF wants to go back in time and play a full-strength, give-a-poo poo Auburn in Jordan-Hare in November also, I am all for this. As is, enjoy the lulz we troll u trophy, which will absolutely age well

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 4, 2018

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

alpha_destroy posted:

Good for UCF. I still think Mizzou should claim 2007 on the spurious claims of a hand full of computer (?) polls like the Anderson Heston.

im down with this

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
What other teams now have titles in the BCS-on era? Boise has what, 1 or 2 from the end of last decade?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

vikingstrike posted:

What other teams now have titles in the BCS-on era? Boise has what, 1 or 2 from the end of last decade?

TCU, Utah (twice) and Boise State (twice) had undefeated seasons in the BCS era. Of all of those teams, imo TCU had the best case to claim a national title. It should have been TCU vs Auburn in the BCSNCG

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

TCU, Utah (twice) and Boise State (twice) had undefeated seasons in the BCS era. Of all of those teams, imo TCU had the best case to claim a national title. It should have been TCU vs Auburn in the BCSNCG

Utah smacking Alabama in the Sugar Bowl was way funnier than TCU sneaking by Wisconsin in the Rose so I say give it to the Utes.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

'08 Utah seemed more legit than '04 Utah IMO

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

I think 04 Utah was probably better because they had Alex Smith and a better coaching staff but they got stuck with the lovely big east autobid and didn't get a chance to show it. The MWC was a lot better in 08 so between that and beating Bama 08 had a better schedule but man 04 Utah loving destroyed everyone they played

There were also more dominant teams in 04 which I guess makes the claim more dubious but whatever give everyone a title, going undefeated is loving hard

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 4, 2018

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

b-minus1 posted:

and Tulane.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Henchman of Santa posted:

Utah smacking Alabama in the Sugar Bowl was way funnier than TCU sneaking by Wisconsin in the Rose so I say give it to the Utes.

I agree that the Utah/Bama game was funnier, but that TCU team was the best mid-major team imo.

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah. Big East got an autobid they didn't deserve.
2004: 12-0 Utah vs 8-3 Pitt
2008: 12-0 Utah vs 12-1 Alabama

I know record isn't everything, and I didn't actually watch college football in 2004 but it seems pretty obvious which team was better.

Spacebump posted:

and Tulane.

lol. that was before my time. I didn't even know this happened.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

I *think* Kendrick's performing outside (brrrrr) in Centennial Olympic Park; the Million Dollar and Redcoat bands will be doing the halftime show inside the stadium.

Re: Auburn Games Point Differential: If UCF wants to go back in time and play a full-strength, give-a-poo poo Auburn in Jordan-Hare in November also, I am all for this. As is, enjoy the lulz we troll u trophy, which will absolutely age well

Well that's dumb. They keep touting it as the first NC halftime show. If it's not in the stadium it's just a concert outside the stadium while the bands perform inside at halftime.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well that's dumb. They keep touting it as the first NC halftime show. If it's not in the stadium it's just a concert outside the stadium while the bands perform inside at halftime.

Yeah I thought it was halftime as well.

Is there a website you can query seasons for things like undefeated records?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Yeah a Georgia Alabama Football game in Georgia is one of the few non-NASCAR sporting events Trump wouldn't be booed at.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IIRC, Kendrick *is* the halftime show for the TV audience; everyone in the stands just gets the bands.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
04 Utah had FIVE eventual head coaches on staff. Mike Sanford (who I forget was the OC, Mullen was only a position coach back then)I wound up being a bust, but Urban is one of the best coaches ever, Mullen and Whittingham have both been really good, and Gary Anderson had moments where he was really successful. That's nuts for a mountain west team

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

D.N. Nation posted:

IIRC, Kendrick *is* the halftime show for the TV audience; everyone in the stands just gets the bands.

That's loving dumb.

Give me the bands.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kendrick's best LP is still his first one, Big Thief had the best album of '17, don't @ me

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

iospace posted:

That's loving dumb.

Give me the bands.

A bad take. Gimme k dot

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

iospace posted:

That's loving dumb.

Give me the bands.

Execute the bands at halftime

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man I miss SaxMaverick, I bed he'd have something to say here

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

Kendrick's best LP is still his first one, Big Thief had the best album of '17, don't @ me

the second of these opinions is defensible but wtf to the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

an adult beverage posted:

Yeah a Georgia Alabama Football game in Georgia is one of the few non-NASCAR sporting events Trump wouldn't be booed at.

I would hope college kids know better.

Also UCF owns and I support their claim.

Are their academics not good enough to join a bigger conference? Is that Boise's hangup, too?

• Locked thread