Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Mr. Lesnick these are all In-N-Out receipts.

Also, because I love each and every one of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Imagine Chris explaining to Judy how he is selling pictures of spaceships for a game that supposed to release in 2014 in 2018 while there is still no release date in sight.

*furious hand waving*

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Dusty Lens posted:

Judy looking on impatiently while Ben fumbles with a folder containing 18 ToS revisions.

He clumsily drops a handful of them and the audience recoils at his protracted effort to pick them up off the floor.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
1 year ago:

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

:gary:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah pretty much. I "care" about the lawsuit to the extent that it's funny and I like hearing "lol CIG's getting sued by Crytek" and I genuinely am not concerned with the day-to-day speculation about the next moves of the companies or legal firms involved. Some people are and that's fine, I'll let them hash it out. But it definitely doesn't seem worth having a slapfight over to me. I feel pretty much the same way about any of Derek's "calls" - like it just seems like such a weird hill to die on. To my mind the things worth really ribbing him over are the funny self-owns like the Leonard Skinly incident, and the only thing that's actually kind of legitimately "frustrating" is when he stops interacting with people and just copy/pastes his whole blog for fifteen posts in a row. Everything else is just the normal ebb and flow of the thread.

But I guess we got fiesty MoMA today, so some light slapfighting is probably on the menu.

We get feisty MoMA when things are serious, so he's definitely trying to distract us from something. Is it Erris or Dolvak, though?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

I call this piece my next blog

oil on canvas

LET IT loving FINISH I'LL DIE OTHERWISE

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

We get feisty MoMA when things are serious, so he's definitely trying to distract us from something. Is it Erris or Dolvak, though?

Gonna float the idea that MoMa is Ivanka, and she's pissed today.

Dusty Lens posted:

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Dusty Lens posted:

I call this piece my next blog

oil on canvas

oh my god, that is gold. i actually laughed out loud

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Combat Theory posted:

I can tell you from first hand experience the people at Volkswagen have put a lot of dedication and love into their diesel engines too.

I can’t tell if your are trolling me, so I will go with assumption that you are not :wave:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jason Sextro posted:

:tinfoil:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Thanks, I'll live another day.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Quavers posted:

Didn't someone mention many pages back that some trouble is brewing between Turbulent and CIG too?

oscars have wonderful personalities.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

This loving truck deserved all of it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

intardnation posted:

Unlike the treacherous Garibaldi.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I have revealed the name of the law firm they hired.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/948964412957839360

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/948952076004089857.html

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 4, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

A CALLING A CALLING WITNESS HIM!

A CALLING IS BEING MADE!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Didn't someone already post this?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

intardnation posted:

Shame Sandi will never have one.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I think we can all agree that Derek has a 100% success rate of calling twitter storms.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

I love how the accronym of their law firm is FFKS.

loving Lawyer humor :flipoff:

SearchTheStars42
Oct 14, 2016
I am very happy to be free + clear of this mess. Just got my $165 back yesterday. Thx to the refund Reddit guides for the help

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
No FKKS given

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

SearchTheStars42 posted:

I am very happy to be free + clear of this mess. Just got my $165 back yesterday. Thx to the refund Reddit guides for the help

Congratulations on your refund and putting Beet at full mast.

This horrorshow is vastly less concerning when viewed from a lifeboat.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

drat dude, we're through the looking glass.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Redundant posted:

I think we can all agree that Derek has a 100% success rate of calling twitter storms.

He's a force of nature.

Yeah, Franklin are a bit of a 'who?'. They seem to have more entertainment exposure than IP litigation.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 4, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sickening posted:

Didn't someone already post this?

2 days ago

DuckDynasty posted:

Anyone want to start bets on which of these attorneys respond on behalf of CIG/RSI?

http://fkks.com/attorneys

Take your picks...

:lol:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

twitter.com/dsmart posted:

No offense to them, I have to say RSI/CIG hiring them instead of Cooley LLP who Ortwin was threatening The Escapist, to go up against Skadden, tells me all I need to know.

I'm missing the subtext here. Are you implying that CIG had to find a new firm because their relationship with Cooley isn't great?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Abuminable posted:

I'm missing the subtext here. Are you implying that CIG had to find a new firm because their relationship with Cooley isn't great?

I think he's saying that they were throwing around the name of a much bigger dog than the one that they ended up with. Cooley make Skadden look like Lionel Hutz (but with a huge win under his belt. Okay, the analogy is bad).

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Dusty Lens posted:

Unlike the treacherous Garibaldi.

A treacherous snack, for a treacherous people

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Hav posted:

I think he's saying that they were throwing around the name of a much bigger dog than the one that they ended up with. Cooley make Skadden look like Lionel Hutz (but with a huge win under his belt. Okay, the analogy is bad).

Hutz took down Krusty the Clown so the analogy holds imo.

Quavers posted:

I don't think I'm fancy enough to even serve those biscuits.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 4, 2018

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Will Crobblers make the law firm change their name so DS is wrong?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

PhallicPhalanges posted:

That wouldn't even make The top10 of weird stuff CIG has done.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

It's not a biscuit. It's not. It's something abominable that you can't dip in tea.

Dusty Lens posted:

Hutz took down Krusty the Clown so the analogy holds imo.

Win.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

PhallicPhalanges posted:

Sir some of us are trying to enjoy the show please stop shouting that the doves are in a false compartment in his hat.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SearchTheStars42 posted:

Congrats on your newfound freedom, commando!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DuckDynasty posted:

Anyone want to start bets on which of these attorneys respond on behalf of CIG/RSI?

http://fkks.com/attorneys

Take your picks...
how'd I miss this

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

TheAgent posted:

how'd I miss this
All callings must be in tweet format to be considered valid.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Also my eyes tend to glaze over when seeing the stupid newbie/Trumpatars

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

I'm usually very careful about defaming people on the internet, mainly because I was around for the start and Americans love throwing around the threat of lawsuits to stop conversation. I'm also super-protective of my ID because I'm old school and don't believe anything good comes from Tumblr.

I literally don't care. Paperwork is factual and king, everything else is just arguing. It's not like this dead gay comedy forum is anything other than a dead gay comedy forum, but I've grown very fond of everyone in this dumb place. Even Derek.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Not bottom sniping