Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

DrVenkman posted:

He's currently shooting MEG, based on some books about a giant shark.

Wait, seriously? A movie that's been in production hell for over two decades is finally getting made with a miscast Jason Stathem playing a paleontologist? God that's going to bomb so hard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Statham’s next movies are Spy 2 and an F&F spin-off starring him and The Rock.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I remember likingThe Bank Job

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Davros1 posted:

If you told me this was a sequel to his film "Non-Stop", I would see no reason to doubt you.

*goes to IMDB*

Oh, so it's also directed by the guy who did "Non-Stop". Explains a lot.

You, uh... You didn't need to go to IMDB for that info, chief.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Samovar posted:

You, uh... You didn't need to go to IMDB for that info, chief.

It was only yesterday, and I couldn't tell you the name of the person who directed "Non-Stop".

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

poster said "from the director of non-stop" on it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

hexwren posted:

poster said "from the director of non-stop" on it

That just goes to show how bland that poster is.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Paper Kaiju posted:

Wait, seriously? A movie that's been in production hell for over two decades is finally getting made with a miscast Jason Stathem playing a paleontologist? God that's going to bomb so hard...

I feel like the problem now is that movies about giant killer sea animals are now so firmly associated with the Syfy Original aesthetic- stuff like Sharknado or Piranhaconda or whatever- that trying to make a more straightforward movie is foolhardy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel like the problem now is that movies about giant killer sea animals are now so firmly associated with the Syfy Original aesthetic- stuff like Sharknado or Piranhaconda or whatever- that trying to make a more straightforward movie is foolhardy.

Especially since it's called "Meg"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's definitely going to fall into the same category as that movie about the killer-croc Gustave. Not total crap, but it ain't no Jaws. Or even Jaws 2.

Or even Jaws 3. I love Jaws 3, so stupid and so great. Hey, the shark is like 60 feet long now, and the effects are great/terrible, and Lou Gosset Jr's performance is something else, and Dennis Quaid, and that dude done got swallowed, and, and, and!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Davros1 posted:

Please have some faith in the audience. They'll realize it's short for Megalodon.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Also, the book it's based on is very 90's adventure novel (i.e. the offspring of Peter Benchley and Clive Cussler)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Or even Jaws 3. I love Jaws 3, so stupid and so great. Hey, the shark is like 60 feet long now, and the effects are great/terrible, and Lou Gosset Jr's performance is something else, and Dennis Quaid, and that dude done got swallowed, and, and, and!

Jaws 3 is one of my favorite cheesy flicks.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Proteus Jones posted:

Also, the book it's based on is very 90's adventure novel (i.e. the offspring of Peter Benchley and Clive Cussler)

And it's really loving bad. I used to browse the CHUD forums way back when and the owner of the site was a producer on the (many) aborted attempts to get it made. I finally got around to reading it and it's like what, this is the thing they're trying to make? Joke is on me though as I read the others as well (But gave up on the final book because it just seemed like it was going to be worse).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

got any sevens posted:

I remember likingThe Bank Job

More liek the Wank Job!

am I right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Davros1 posted:

It’s actually now “The Meg.”

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
new year new movie

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Actually love how that design plays with the modern-myth aspect of the whole thing. The silhouette could easily just be that of a normal man other than the arms, which become non-literal at the point of being more extended.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And it does seem like this was officially optioned from Victor Surge, so he's not getting screwed out of anything.

Speaking of Slender Man and movies, remember this?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is somebody from GBS getting residuals from that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is somebody from GBS getting residuals from that?

That's who Victor Surge is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's amazing that anyone was in the mood for that property after the stabbing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

got any sevens posted:

Keeping this spelling for posterity :bigtran:

Joke's on me. He super doubled down on it in Wolves of the Calla.

Come-come-Commala-cummy-come

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's amazing that anyone was in the mood for that property after the stabbing.
It's amazing there hasnt been a move to try and make the stabbing some kind of supernatural thriller/documentary.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Waffleman_ posted:

The Tall Man absolutely kicks rear end. I love that movie.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

It's amazing there hasnt been a move to try and make the stabbing some kind of supernatural thriller/documentary.

In case you're not being sarcastic, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_the_Slenderman

I'm absolutely fine with the crime's subject being explored. It's definitely fascinating and important in relation to internet culture and it's impact on impressionable children, but I'd be so put off from selling the thing for entertainment after that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's 2018, I'm loving amazde that they haven't done like, a Daniel Pearl biopic and used the actual footage for the death scene

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Waffleman_ posted:

And it does seem like this was officially optioned from Victor Surge, so he's not getting screwed out of anything.
Good, gotta pay the Goon

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The Tall Man absolutely kicks rear end. I love that movie.

It's one of the biggest gaps between how much I thought I'd enjoy the movie based on the trailer and how much I actually enjoyed the movie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Waffleman_ posted:

Is Biel tall?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Krankenstyle posted:

Is Biel tall?

Maybe he's actually very far away.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just hope they don't use the Marble Hornets interpretation. No proxies please, that's stupid.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Wish I could re-read that thread. The death of waffleimages is a tragedy.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Cage posted:

I feel like he took the same route as Jason Statham where you just throw an image of him on a poster running with maybe a gun and whatever weird title you want. Seriously "The Commuter?" "The guy that works to work?"

Maybe I'm wrong and there are some jems here but they all look so samey that I don't want to watch any of them.

I remember Safe being a good watch, nothing too adventurous but a lot of good action.

Redemption was pretty good as well, actually has a lot of drama and decent acting work going on.

I vaguely remember being psyched for Blitz because it had Paddy Considine but I can't remember a single thing from the film.

Still haven't gotten around to watching Parker.

Wild Card really had some very good stuff going on - surprising actors & cameos, really nice cinematography, really a very tight show.

Homefront? never heard of it...

hey, the Bank Job is great, and it feels like much more of an ensemble film.

I also remember the Mechanic remake being serviceable - the sequel, not so much.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
mainly I'm glad that most of Statham's stuff is decent enough in a mid-level range so it isn't all DTV cardboard sets and is more low-key than more superhero CGI crap.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a book cover, not a movie poster, but I think it's important

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

brocked posted:

Homefront? never heard of it...

Thing that gets me about Homefront is the fact that it's Sylvester Stallone wrote the screenplay, but had nothing else to do with it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

A guy my wife went to high school with makes custom skis. I thought this thread might appreciate the ones I just had made up:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

AFewBricksShy posted:

A guy my wife went to high school with makes custom skis. I thought this thread might appreciate the ones I just had made up:

Those rule.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a book cover, not a movie poster, but I think it's important

Nathan Rabin reviewed it and it sounds absolutely delirious and racist. I thought it was some kind of non-fiction political screed, but it's actually a mad novel about killer Mexicans, corrupt politicians and a team of magical native Americans who got no time for political correctness.

quote:

Apropos of absolutely nothing, other than the authors’ far right wing political beliefs and also racism, one chapter concludes with our perfect heroes saving two innocent lives from dirty, drug-dealing, killer Mexicans and ends with “All Lives Matter. Do they not?”

https://www.nathanrabin.com/happy-p...king-of-america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

AFewBricksShy posted:

I don't ski but if I ever did ski I would want those to be my skis.