Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Alright I did it.

See you at the war crimes tribunal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I started this on PS4 four days ago, it's really fun. But it's a real slow burn at the start, or am I missing something? Specifically, the Rhino frame which is supposedly the first one you'll be able to craft needs Plastids and I have to clear out so many planets until I can farm those. My Excalibur has hit 30 yesterday and I'm not even close to crafting Rhino, I just reached Mars. I could probably just do everything in MP and rush through the missions, but that's not my cup of tea.The amount of weapons I can craft is also quite overwhelming. My first craft was the Hind, which is quite nice.
I would also like an invite to the goon clan, name is CornettoErdbeer.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

sicDaniel posted:

I started this on PS4 four days ago, it's really fun. But it's a real slow burn at the start, or am I missing something? Specifically, the Rhino frame which is supposedly the first one you'll be able to craft needs Plastids and I have to clear out so many planets until I can farm those. My Excalibur has hit 30 yesterday and I'm not even close to crafting Rhino, I just reached Mars. I could probably just do everything in MP and rush through the missions, but that's not my cup of tea.The amount of weapons I can craft is also quite overwhelming. My first craft was the Hind, which is quite nice.

There's currently a ton of giveaways going on, you should try and get in on these.

If you have twitch prime you will get a free good frame, primary weapon and a free warframe and weapon slots alongside them. It still works if you activate a free trial week of twitch prime.

Use the coupon code FREESWORD for a free heat sword melee weapon and another free weapon slot.

Use the coupon code FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N for a free vectis (primary sniper rifle) and a free weapon slot.

After you get these, I'd recommend you keep unlocking nodes to the planets as you go. I'm in Uranus right now, and most of the crafting components are already available. Apparently once you get access to the last planets most materials come by a lot faster.

but yeah, this game's pacing is very weird at the beginning. You have almost no access to anything while seeing a ton of locked weapons and frames, and the content is ridiculously easy, to the point it gets rather boring. it's like they're ignoring new players and focusing on the whales. I mentioned this to some veterans and they actually told me things are a lot better now, so I don't even want to think how bad it used to be.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 3, 2018

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

sicDaniel posted:

Yeah, plastids are a bastard, and remain so for a while. By the time you start finding more, you need more.

Phobos is the first place they show up I think, and that's just after Mars.

Not many, but combine that with the occasional alert mission reward and you can get 600 for Rhino without too much trouble.

I normally run spy missions for resource-hunting - there's a finite amount of easy enemies to deal with, and lots of crates/lockers. Try and get a mod that gives +LOOT RADAR (you almost certainly have a Thief's wit if nothing else), explore everywhere, and open all the containers, it adds up.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

i cant believe Rebecca murdered Cephalon Shy

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

sicDaniel posted:

Ask someone in clan (or recruiting) chat to taxi you to Helene on Saturn. There's a good chance you'll find plastids in the very first room, and you'll have thousands after 5 waves of defense. You can play alone if you want, but this game is a lot more fun of you do everything possible to minimize the grind.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Avulsion posted:

Ask someone in clan (or recruiting) chat to taxi you to Helene on Saturn. There's a good chance you'll find plastids in the very first room, and you'll have thousands after 5 waves of defense. You can play alone if you want, but this game is a lot more fun of you do everything possible to minimize the grind.

and don't forget that note people means more loot, since the number of spawned mobs is based on the number of people in the mission, but loot is instances so you get all of it for 4 people worth of mobs in a full group.

makes farming much easier

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
If you prefer to play solo and taking your time while gathering resources, you really need to use Thief's Wit and maybe the rare mod Master Thief. Open every box and locker and find hidden rooms. Having a Sentinel would help cut down running time a bit although if you're taking it slow it doesn't matter too much. Sentinel with Vacuum is a big boon if you're farming resources by killing enemies fast like in Survival or Excavation.

Do note that without power farming like mass killing and powers that increases loot drops, the grind of this game can be painful if you're used to this kind of games.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I'm just taking it slow at the start, I probably won't ever get into the deep endgame grinding stuff because I'm not that type of gamer and another game will come along that takes up all my time (Monster Hunter World, maybe). What I meant above is that I want to solo a couple of missions on each planet as I'm doing them for the first time and jump into multiplayer when I'm farming.

Thanks a lot for the codes! Twitch Prime is tied to Amazon Prime I guess and I already used up their trial period so I don't wanna get into that. Shame. But the Sniper Rifle I got from that promo code is amazing. I got an undamaged serration yesterday and slapped that, electric damage and faster reload on it. So good.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

sicDaniel posted:

Sniper Rifle

sicDaniel posted:

amazing

We live in strange times.

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

nerdz posted:

There's currently a ton of giveaways going on, you should try and get in on these.

If you have twitch prime you will get a free good frame, primary weapon and a free warframe and weapon slots alongside them. It still works if you activate a free trial week of twitch prime.

Use the coupon code FREESWORD for a free heat sword melee weapon and another free weapon slot.

Use the coupon code FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N for a free vectis (primary sniper rifle) and a free weapon slot.

Thanks for posting these. Unfortunately, the Twitch Prime giveaway seems to have expired.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Feedbacker posted:

Thanks for posting these. Unfortunately, the Twitch Prime giveaway seems to have expired.

How do you find out about the giveaway stuff? I can't find it on the website anywhere. Twitter?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

sicDaniel posted:

I’m not in the goon clan, but I’ll send you a friend request (I’m ElJebus0) and can taxi you to a couple later runs for plastids so you can make your rhino. I always need plastids, too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks to the kind goon VCRenthusiast for the gifts (slots and so!), I've been off playing The Division for a few weeks but I'll come back to this and make your sacrifice worth!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Warframe rightfully won the Labor of Love award on steam.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

S.J. posted:

Warframe rightfully won the Labor of Love award on steam.

There's pretty much no better way to describe this ridiculous anime space ninja simulator.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
How long can I keep ignoring Archwing stuff? I definitely don't want to spend any amount on endo on it until my regular mods are maxed out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

nerdz posted:

How long can I keep ignoring Archwing stuff? I definitely don't want to spend any amount on endo on it until my regular mods are maxed out.

Probably until they turn it into a real mission type :smug:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

archwing mods are incredibly easy to level and given how stupidly stingy the availability of archwing mods is in the first place you're not going to be swamped by a million of them

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

nerdz posted:

You have to do a Capture mission 3 or so times for the Limbo quests. That was fun. :suicide:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Archwing is kinda fun but the underwater mode is poo poo, not to mention the junction objective in Uranus that is finish 5 missions with only your melee weapon equipped. If you end up hitting an underwater section and activating the archwing, you fail the requirement. Such a genius idea that they added this junction objective in the planet where that can happen.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
i like AW so I'm obviously broken, but

MelvinBison posted:

You have to do a Capture mission 3 or so times for the Limbo quests. That was fun. :suicide:

Interception, I think? I did one with some other people. it was easy with 4. i'm sure it's a nightmare solo. The real crime is how atrociously bad the dual decurions are, god drat

Underwater would be okay if they did two things: give you a boost back, or just raise base underwater speed by like 10-15% or so. I'm using Elytron and underwater speed is nowhere close to acceptable.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Psion posted:

i like AW so I'm obviously broken, but

Interception, I think? I did one with some other people. it was easy with 4. i'm sure it's a nightmare solo. The real crime is how atrociously bad the dual decurions are, god drat

Underwater would be okay if they did two things: give you a boost back, or just raise base underwater speed by like 10-15% or so. I'm using Elytron and underwater speed is nowhere close to acceptable.
That was it. I forgot the original term and went with Capture. I think the main issue was that I never went out of my way to do AW missions so I was pretty low level going in. The Excavation missions weren't much fun to solo either, but then I just cheesed through them with Frost Prime. (Doesn't help that the power core trooper spawns for the Grineer areas were pretty sparce.)

Pretty sure I just need to get less timid about asking for goon help.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

nerdz posted:

Archwing is kinda fun but the underwater mode is poo poo, not to mention the junction objective in Uranus that is finish 5 missions with only your melee weapon equipped. If you end up hitting an underwater section and activating the archwing, you fail the requirement. Such a genius idea that they added this junction objective in the planet where that can happen.

I just went melee only while farming Tyl Regor. I had to do that waaaay more than 5 times so it worked out. Multitask your misery.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

nerdz posted:

There's a dark sector defense mission that's pretty easy to do with melee only. Just hop out at wave five each time.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

nerdz posted:

This actually didn't happen for me, I was worked about that too but I specifically checked after going through an underwater section and that mission was counted towards the 5. I did make sure not to fire any weapons when in the archwing though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
For that Uranus thing and also the 10 missions achievement for melee only can you use powers also or is it literally sword-and-nothing

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Johnny Joestar posted:

archwing mods are incredibly easy to level

There are some goldenn 10-rank mods that will take millions of endo/credits away from your serration and primed etcetera. There's one that gives 15% movement speed or something and another with a whopping 55% power efficiency.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the aw move speed mod is actually kind of useful now that you can use it for poe. just boost anywhere on the map within 5 seconds, even without blinks.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Psion posted:

For that Uranus thing and also the 10 missions achievement for melee only can you use powers also or is it literally sword-and-nothing

For Uranus you can use powers. I basically just used exalted blade to power through.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'd like archwing more if I could figure out how to slow down. It reminds me of when I was 8 and would be at a birthday party in a roller rink and I'd just run into a wall whenever I needed to stop.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Elysiume posted:

I'd like archwing more if I could figure out how to slow down. It reminds me of when I was 8 and would be at a birthday party in a roller rink and I'd just run into a wall whenever I needed to stop.

Colliding with something is the closest thing to braking you're going to get in an archwing.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Elysiume posted:

The alternative solution is Itzal's 2 ability - it stops you dead no matter how fast you're going (so long as you're not in boost mode). Itzal also happens to be the best Plains archwing: stealth helicopter gunship support platform.

But really, slamming into stuff is the easier way any wing can do.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you get knocked out of aw too easily in plains for it to be any good for fighting.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

it really makes no sense to me why its so easy to shoot down AWs

its not they're any more ridiculously broken power wise than most frames

being in the air isnt even a significant leg up since you know, grineer have guns

sure amesha cant take damage but whoops *list entitled WARFRAMES THAT CANT DIE falls out of pocket and unfurls continuously out of the room*

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Odonata's 1 is an energy shield to block incoming projectiles. Odonata's 2 launches flares to deter missiles. Neither of these work against the missiles launched at you by some level 10 dipshit carrying a meat cleaver out on the plains.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Which brings up the point: for all their faults, the Grineer are incredibly successful for an empire whose military backbone relies so heavily on "guy with a meat cleaver"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Which brings up the point: for all their faults, the Grineer are incredibly successful for an empire whose military backbone relies so heavily on "guy with a meat cleaver"

as they've discovered over thousands of years, the meat cleaver with a plasma coil blade is the most effective of all hand-to-hand weapons

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

DoombatINC posted:

The only other big Organisation in the system with an army relies heavily on 'guy with a cattle prod'. And I assume a meat cleaver is a lot easier to produce, so at the end of the day its a numbers game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Arsonide posted:

So over the past few weeks, I've been working on a program, and it's ready for some public feedback. I'm releasing it to goons for now, but I'll be releasing it publicly next week.

It's a tray application that notifies you of alerts and invasions that have rewards you want, like dozens of other programs already do. However, I've added a lot of bells and whistles to it that other programs of this nature don't have. I'll give you the quick summary here because I've written extensive documentation on the main page and the wiki of the repository. I wrote this for myself, and I basically wanted something that would go through the same decision-making process I go through when I decide if I want to do an alert or not, prior to bothering me about it.

So essentially, there are three settings for each reward: always bother me, never bother me, and only bother me if the mission isn't loving terrible. This means I can set the program to only notify me on credit alerts if the amount is higher than 12,500 credits, and the mission is a quick Capture mission...or if it's 150 endo and it's not an "endless" type of mission such as Interception, Defense, Survival, or Evacuation.

It also has (optional) text to speech, so you know what the alert is without having to minimize. It can also notify you and keep you up to date on the Cetus and earth day/night cycles, on daily resets, on sortie resets, and even on your extractor's progression.

On the technical side of things, it does not use loving Twitter like 90% of these programs. It uses the official API. It also is fully configurable via a JSON configuration file, so you can add new rewards if you want, or even new planets, without recompiling the whole loving program. This basically means the program is more reliable.

Anyway, I'm interested in goon feedback this week before I release it publicly, so have at it, and let me know if it breaks on you or if you want me to add something to it.

Here's the main page, which has a nicer outline of the features if you're interested, as well as the source code if you want to go through that.
Here's the wiki, which goes into greater detail on how to use and configure the program.
And oh my god Arsonide shut the gently caress up here's the actual download.

Let me know what you guys think!

I have a new release available for this, I added several suggested features and patched up a few things. I also updated the wiki to reflect all of these new things.
  • Other tab now includes a way to catch "undefined" rewards that are not configured.
  • Cetus times should be much more accurate, within about two seconds of the eidolon spawning and poofing.
  • You can right-click the active tab to check, uncheck, or dot everything on that tab.
  • Configuration options to have the program stfu while launching.
  • Day / Night notifications shouldn't sound as weird.
  • Crashing your PC shouldn't corrupt the configuration file. Stop crashing your PC.
Getting close to sticking a pin in it and throwing it at pubbies, so I do appreciate any feedback.