Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

There is literally no eventuality in which Ferrari would actually leave F1. They are 100% bluffing and no intelligent person would ever take their obviously empty threats seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

wicka posted:

There is literally no eventuality in which Ferrari would actually leave F1. They are 100% bluffing and no intelligent person would ever take their obviously empty threats seriously.

I think what would actually make them leave is if people stopped taking their threats seriously because they could deal with getting a worse deal but they could never deal with not being treated like a big deal

Rename the series Ferrari 1 and take away their extra money

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

If they lose the ability to finance their program with the proceeds from F1 and make a profit they'll leave. We have this discussion every 3 months lol.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

If they lose the ability to finance their program with the proceeds from F1 and make a profit they'll leave. We have this discussion every 3 months lol.

Nah

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

At the very least give me a "yeah nah"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

At the very least give me a "yeah nah"

If you want to see wicka open a can of meltdown, give me a “HELL YEAH!”

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I'm aging that can like a fine Spanish wine for when half the thread inevitably gets probated because Williams colluded with Russians.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm aging that can like a fine Spanish wine for when half the thread inevitably gets probated because Williams colluded with Russians.

Sometimes I fire up Notepad and do some solo meltdowns, just to prepare for this day.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You know, it kinda feels like Ferrari are the Insane Clown Posse of F1 teams, and Ferrari fans are the juggalos of F1 fans.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Sometimes I fire up Notepad and do some solo meltdowns, just to prepare for this day.

Lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

You know, it kinda feels like Ferrari are the Insane Clown Posse of F1 teams, and Ferrari fans are the juggalos of F1 fans.

Wtf dude, there’s no reason to poo poo all over Juggalos.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3RToBymttA

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

:hellyeah:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

wicka posted:

Not at all living up to your avatar. Or maybe you are, i can't really figure it out

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsaedje posted:

Ferrari don't deserve to be taken seriously (they are a joke)

Powershift posted:

delete this crap

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I respect juggalos more than I respect tifosi

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Not at all living up to your avatar. Or maybe you are, i can't really figure it out

“This meltdown was fine when I did it by myself, why is everyone mad now that I’ve posted it in the thread?”

Looks like it fits to me.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice meltdown

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

nice meltdown

Your 2018 goal should be to come up with some new catchphrases

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ferrari built F1 into the greatest sport ever and have to deal with fans of British autist teams that haven't won anything since the 90s making a mockery of everything. No good deed goes unpunished.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ferrari built F1 into the greatest sport ever and have to deal with fans of British autist teams that haven't won anything since the 90s making a mockery of everything. No good deed goes unpunished.

Please don’t post Trump tweets.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

wicka posted:

New thread title

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

Your 2018 goal should be to come up with some new catchphrases

stop trolling

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

DoctorGonzo posted:

stop trolling

Would also be a good 2018 goal for you

wicka posted:

Is that why Ferrari fans believe it every time?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

keevo posted:

New thread title

Amen

e: nice

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I mostly do my solo meltdowns in my favourite email client....I write them out, drink a glass of wine with steam coming out of my ears, then read them through again, click "close", "don't save" and start reading f1technical or somethingawful.

People say I'm a nice person.

It's rather easy, I guess.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

my other genetic defect makes me buy half of the cylinders my previous car had. I went from 12 to 6 to 3. I still have all three cars, though.

My doctor says it can't be cured.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

tuo posted:

my other genetic defect makes me buy half of the cylinders my previous car had. I went from 12 to 6 to 3. I still have all three cars, though.

Wicka's working on the engine for your next car. I hear it works great in the lab

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

stop trolling

Delete this crap

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ilmucche posted:

Wicka's working on the engine for your next car. I hear it works great in the lab

"We tested it with one cylinder, we see no reason why one and a half cylinder shouldn't work...."

e: beeing a sucker for underdogs, I'd totally root for that smaller cylinder to show the world how combustion is done!!!

tuo fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 4, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

also: go go caterham

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Agreed.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

Some call this an affliction. Others call it experience. 8 cylinders of fury is great until it goes catastrophically wrong. I can only imagine the butt hurt when 12 of them are shagged.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

Some call this an affliction. Others call it experience. 8 cylinders of fury is great until it goes catastrophically wrong. I can only imagine the butt hurt when 12 of them are shagged.

Fun fact: each of those cars has more horsepower than the one before

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There is no greater pain than the Blessed Sacrament of the Rotary. That Japanese engineer that had a mental breakdown trying to make apex seals not chew up rotor housing died for our sins.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I always wonder what the automotive landscape would look like if the Rotary worked...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also I can't recall if it was ever seriously looked at in F1.

• Locked thread