Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If we paid players it would ruin college football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

algebra testes posted:

If we paid players it would ruin college football.

Hardly

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
C'mon guys, we had a coach fired out of nowhere yesterday PULL UP THREAD

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Part of the reason LSU can dump so much money for Aranda is that Coach O's pay check is relatively low in comparison to other SEC coaches. Just imagine how much A&M would have to pay for Aranda in addition to Fisher.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 4, 2018

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Yikes, Rich Rod, yikes.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Remember when the state of Louisiana was threatening to shutter LSU football because there just wasn't any money in the budget due to Jundal or whoever?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

It makes me so nuts that the coordinators are doing this for 2 million a year or whatever while the players get a lovely degree in physical movement and cte.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer
As a Tucsonan who was born and raised here and graduated from Arizona this news is just crazy. I was hoping the creepy sex pervert stuff that's been uncovered nationally wouldn't hit so locally but apparently that's not the case. Please oh god don't let Lute Olson have some sort of sex dungeon in his house!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Remember when the state of Louisiana was threatening to shutter LSU football because there just wasn't any money in the budget due to Jundal or whoever?

yes lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sounds like a real Michigan man

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Rich Rod is basically Ron Burgundy apparently

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KKKLIP ART posted:

His paycheck ain’t coming out of the state education budget. Not that it was ever a real thing, Edwards was just trying to make a point about priorities.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Lol next season's carousel thread: Dave Aranda new LSU head coach, book it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

an adult beverage posted:

Highly likely

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/948979956109008896

Ease some of those doubts, oh absolutely

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

TAMU got Elko, huh?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Texas A&M defensive coordinator Marc Ecko

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

His paycheck ain’t coming out of the state education budget. Not that it was ever a real thing, Edwards was just trying to make a point about priorities.

I know. I complain about the coaching bubble in terms of compensation and I know a lot of the pool is paid via boosters and sponsorships but god drat $2.5 million all in for an assistant coach is just stupid, even if a booster is paying it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

I know. I complain about the coaching bubble in terms of compensation and I know a lot of the pool is paid via boosters and sponsorships but god drat $2.5 million all in for an assistant coach is just stupid, even if a booster is paying it.

He got the associate head coach title last year and seems to have a good deal of autonomy. It’s much stupider to be paying Orgeron $3.5 million a year, I’d say, since nobody knows what the gently caress he actually does.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Reports that Chip offered Helfrich the OC job at UCLA

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/949018637456855040

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I know it says "co-" defensive coordinator, but for real where is Schiano going?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

General Dog posted:

I know it says "co-" defensive coordinator, but for real where is Schiano going?

Urban has had two defensive coordinators for a while now. Though when Chris Ash left he never really got another one until now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Goop on ya Grinch

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Rhett Lashlee, former Auburn OC, currently UConn OC, goes to SMU as OC.

Between this and the loss to Tulsa in basketball, great 24 hours for the Huskies!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Good move for Lashlee, I'm sure he wants to be an HC sometime, and SMU with Sonny Dykes + Rhett Lashlee is gonna be an interesting team to watch next year.

They are liable to be better because Chad Morris left SMU in a better place, but just from a schematic perspective it'll be cool to see an air raid guy work with a Malzahn guy.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/949285908163031042

loving FootballScoop

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

What the gently caress could that even mean.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

it means he was good, but he was also black?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
And because it's FBScoop, god fearin'

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Somewhere, Tony Dungy is salivating

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Tim Tebow is the white Reggie White

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

an adult beverage posted:

God willing. I don't even care what the buyout of Bayou Ed costs, get it done son.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I guess Tennessee should've ponied up:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/949347222214381568

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
hahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhaa

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It makes Jimbo's contract look positively sane.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

It makes Jimbo's contract look positively sane.

This explains a lot about A&M's recent spending spree.

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/948882447068000257

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Those gaudy, Texan oil billionaire fucks have lost interest in building skyscrapers--want to build a football program instead. :clint:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That's going to be every program in Texas if oil hits $80 again and shale gets back to going 90 to nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

She recalls him being so close to her face that she could smell the BBQ chips on his breath.

• Locked thread