Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Do Wardens suck? This thread doesn't discuss them much and I don't see their bear pets too often in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

stamwardens are cool, and can actually make bow only specs function without needing a bunch of super specific gear, or be decent tanks

never played magwarden, though at morrowind release it kind of lagged behind other dps mag builds

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

dromal phrenia posted:

Do Wardens suck? This thread doesn't discuss them much and I don't see their bear pets too often in-game.

the bear is an ultimate so many wardens don't use them. good for solo PvE though

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Looking at their abilities, Wardens don't have that many Stamina options. They're all in the pet tree. I also didn't realize they had a lot of healing skills, which usually interests me... hmm.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

That's an addon called Combat Metrics that tryhards like me use. It gives a breakdown of what skills did what damage and all sorts of other fun stuff when you either parse on a target skeleton or a boss etc. etc. Pretty useful to have if you wanna raid or, even if not, you still wanna improve how you play a certain class.

Thanks, that sounds right up my alley. Now I can see for sure how lovely my builds really are...

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Warden is really cool and its individual pieces really excite me but somehow it hasn't clicked the way other classes have. Maybe it's the class fantasy or maybe it's the way their skills are a little too clearly role-oriented. Alone, they are neato but putting them together doesn't seem to make anything spectacular or unique.

If you play Warden a lot or have cool warden builds please share, I want to play my dirty hobo Orc.

Krang from Ninja Turtles
Apr 25, 2008
So I bought this game at launch but never really got into it because it was pretty awful then. Now it seems pretty fun though? Can I get an invite to the guild? @Felczik

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm tempted to make a mag. warden and try some sort of harebrained DPS/frost tank build with the Ice Furnace armor set, but the Winter's Embrace tree has so little to work with. I haven't actually used it, but Impaling Shards looks like one of the shittiest skills in the game on paper. The damage scales off your health. So it's a DPS skill, for tanks, when magicka tanks just put all their stat points in magicka anyway?

Also the class seems to suffer from a lack of generally useful passive abilities.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26281

Transmog and Housing storage both paywalled. :ughh:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

sadly Vvardenfell is better than all the main zones, because it has the benefit of all the mechanics and design stuff they learned doing thieve's guild and orsinium and so on.
Disagree. Vvardenfell is cool, but there's a lot of neat stuff in all the different zones. Vvardenfell has the best quest writing, but also too many stealth-mandatory missions. It can also be frustrating to navigate, since it's essentially a giant ring and there are a huge number of cliffs and valleys to deal with.

My favorite so far is Shadowfen, which I think does a better job of capturing the atmosphere of the original Morrowind than Vvardenfell.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

It says that you'll be able to buy additional outfit tokens and home storage items in the Crown Store, not that you need a subscription and/or crowns to use the features at all.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26281 posted:

All Update 17 additions and improvements will be available free of charge for all players.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 4, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Disagree. Vvardenfell is cool, but there's a lot of neat stuff in all the different zones. Vvardenfell has the best quest writing, but also too many stealth-mandatory missions. It can also be frustrating to navigate, since it's essentially a giant ring and there are a huge number of cliffs and valleys to deal with.

My favorite so far is Shadowfen, which I think does a better job of capturing the atmosphere of the original Morrowind than Vvardenfell.

My giant ring is also frustrating to navigate

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

ESO posted:

The Outfit System, allowing you to customize your look, regardless of your equipped gear

Well this should be fun! Curious to see if it'll lock you to staying within an armor class (eg, if you're wearing light armor your outfit will also reflect light armor), or if you can wander around wearing arbitrary stuff.

"ESO posted:

With Update 17, we're introducing the new Level Up Advisor system and Skills Advisor tool.

If this actually gives tooltips or info discussing how skills scale off stats and other mechanics-based info, it would go a long way to ameliorating some of my bitches about ESO and their poorly explained systems.

DrDork fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 4, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My giant ring is also frustrating to navigate
Unlike Vvardenfell, I can just go right through the middle.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Update 17 QOL improvements look good, been waiting for Transmog to start getting into the game again. Now I just wish they would offer more weapon options, specifically some magic based melee weapons. Having every magic based class basically using the same destruction staff skills gets old. Would like to see Stamina weapons get some more variety as well, seems like every build uses the same 3-4 weapon skills leaving only a little variety in class skills that is more flavor than functional difference.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Comrade Koba posted:

It says that you'll be able to buy additional outfit tokens and home storage items in the Crown Store, not that you need a subscription and/or crowns to use the features at all.

Only one customizable outfit without crowns is pretty weak, it seems you have to buy additional slots for other characters.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Only one customizable outfit without crowns is pretty weak, it seems you have to buy additional slots for other characters.

Assuming its one per character

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Either way it's an improvement. Considering the usual practices in the F2P MMO market, they could just as easily have made all housing, dyeing, costumes and transmogs subscribers-only.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I haven't totally finished designing a house yet, but my Strident Springs has been sitting mostly complete for weeks, so here are some screenshots finally.

On the left is a Redguard Bookcase, Full, and aside from the candle I added, it comes like that. On the right is a Redguard Bookcase, Arched I decorated myself. Book rows are one of the few maybe-essential furniture items you have to spend Crowns on.

Forget soloing group bosses—placing the chandelier was my most difficult accomplishment in ESO so far. The chain was too short, so there is actually a second chandelier upside-down and embedded in the ceiling.
Lining up the chains just right was a colossal pain in the rear end. (Also, I had to do it twice, because the first time I forgot to turn the second chandelier off, and you could still see it shining through the ceiling.)

Bed...

Bath...

The Wood Elf furniture style seems unpopular, so you can get the plans (even the purple ones) pretty cheaply from guild traders. I really like the shelving units.

So much counter space!

I eventually want to move all my crafting stations to the front courtyard to make it more convenient for goons, but I'm reluctant to give up this cute little tailoring area.

This charming fellow...

...is watching you swim.

There's a theme bar in my watchtower.

Serving up not just Argonian specialties, but skooma, rotmeth, and a variety of alchemical cocktails.

It's expanded to include an outdoor restaurant, and eventually the whole courtyard is just going to be one giant lizard party.

There's even a little Hist.

Bank, Merchant, and... uh....

Oh, it's a front.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wouldn't go that far because Vvardenfell is pretty pure distilled nostalgia but Shadowfen is one of the neater base game zones.

I'd say most the base zone games do a pretty good job at being interesting with the exception of High Rock stuff but that's a pretty tough order to fill.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

MF_James posted:

Yeah, level surge and take critical surge, wonder why you lived life without it and if you can ever play another character again.

Wow, y'all weren't wrong. Am I going to get banned for cheating, because this feels like cheating

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

I wouldn't go that far because Vvardenfell is pretty pure distilled nostalgia but Shadowfen is one of the neater base game zones.

I'd say most the base zone games do a pretty good job at being interesting with the exception of High Rock stuff but that's a pretty tough order to fill.
the Skyrim zones are boring too

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That looks awesome Rollerskates!

Vvardenfell is very fun and decently written. Some of the npcs are top notch too.

I loved High Rock except for a few quest hubs. Stormhaven is especially neat. Now that it's over I'm going back to the EP dunmer areas because Mournhold looks great. I really hope they release the big summerset island because Altmer might be lovely as heck as a race but they have nice architecture.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

theres bits I like, stuff about the giants, some of the more skyrim-esque religion being everywhere unlike in TES5, etc

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Out-loving-standing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Everything Skyrim-related is dull

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sounds like people haven't run the gauntlet of vetHM Falkreath Hold. Domihaus last phase is absolute loving chaos and it is awesome and :black101: in raw form.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally settled on a costume for my stamsorc lizard.

And here's my warden healer vamp.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Comrade Koba posted:

This is correct.

SplitSoul posted:

One per character. Rich should be demoing it on ESO Live today, for the curious.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

doomfunk posted:

One per character. Rich should be demoing it on ESO Live today, for the curious.

Okay, the update only said "one unique outfit", but that's not too bad then.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

What's the best way to get into normal trials, hang around in craglorn watching zone chat?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

doomfunk posted:

This is correct.

Read my discord whispers :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

After nearly 4 years I finally went back to my DC roots.

3 hours 6 ranks 150k AP

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What's the best way to get into normal trials, hang around in craglorn watching zone chat?

That's pretty much all I do. I'm also in a rather small new player friendly/do gently caress all guild and we manage to plow through a couple trials on Saturdays with some pretty green players. Depending on the trial, they're not really all that hard on normal.

My RNG is horrible though. I've been trying to get a second TFS set (for my stamDK alt) and all I get is that half-assed tanking set that drops in SO. :(

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Is it particularly bad to focus on crafted gear for a character for the sake of pretty princess dressup since none of the dropped sets seem to have the look I want? I figure at worst something like a NMG/Hunding mix can still do good for Stamina-based DPS?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Agnosticnixie posted:

Is it particularly bad to focus on crafted gear for a character for the sake of pretty princess dressup since none of the dropped sets seem to have the look I want? I figure at worst something like a NMG/Hunding mix can still do good for Stamina-based DPS?

Well, it won't be an issue soon.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Agnosticnixie posted:

I easily levelled my magblade to 50 with level 5-10 crafting gear.

I presume you can do whatever you want.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Agnosticnixie posted:

Crafted vs best in slot farmed raid gear for dps, is, like, a 5% difference.

loving up your rotation is way, way more of a dps penalty.

In short, FASHION IS EVERYTHING! WE MUST BE PRETTY!

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Agnosticnixie posted:

It's totally viable. I ran NMG/Hundings on my main (stamblade) for a long time and could handle any vet dungeons and such just fine. I won't lie though - stacking penetration via Spriggan's (TFS nowadays) made a huge difference in my DPS output.

As mentioned though, it won't matter soon with the outfit system coming. You'll be able to wear whatever gear you want and look however you please. I'm actually pretty pumped that you can even make your weapons look different (ie-your two equipped daggers can look like swords).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i bought this the other day and it seems good so far. ign is the same as my forum name, would somebody mind sending a guild invite?