Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Wouldn't he want to reroll Fist of Az to a socket to double up on emeralds? At least until ancients drop and he can use a ramaldini's gift?

Oh, yeah, I was assuming he'd use a gift on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i have both shen longs and im 5/6 on storms and innas and 4/5 on sunwoko's

and that loving amulet just will not drop for me

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
You can have someone else help you clear the set dungeon, doesn't even have to be a monk. Typically you'd focus on the goals and then have them help clean up afterwards.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Vomik posted:

My understanding is 10% damage , especially on just one weapon, is bad for dual wielding.

Ideal stats would be dex, cdr, ad, loh on both weapons. Then if you can’t do that then try To maximize CDR and AD while getting LOH on one weapon at least.

Is AD really that useful on fists for WoL builds? I got decent ancients of the fists but none of them have AD.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Swilo posted:

You can have someone else help you clear the set dungeon, doesn't even have to be a monk. Typically you'd focus on the goals and then have them help clean up afterwards.

Uliana's set dungeon is particularly rough.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So I got sick of leveling Crusader, switched to Barbarian and I'm now ready to clear chapter 3 of the season. Should the Master bosses and rift still be possible just bumbling about in whatever gear I can find or will I need to grind to put together something coherent yet?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Master is hella easy and should be completable in rares the moment you hit 70.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Master is hella easy and should be completable in rares the moment you hit 70.

Yep you were right. Torment IV seems like a big jump though.

edit: Since I don't get my chapter rewards til the end of the season, is there any somewhat reliable way to gear up? I've got a random mishmash of gear including a horrendously low level bracer set because the only thing that works for me on the barb right now is going all in on stacking Seismic Slam damage.

quote:

Not trying to be a bully, but I really can’t fathom how having your 2/4 pc bonus isn’t enough for a GR20.

Entirely possible I'm missing/misunderstanding something here, but I don't actually get my set pieces until the end of the season, so anything I do for the rest of the season has to be in whatever I can manage to craft or find, right?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 4, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Not trying to be a bully, but I really can’t fathom how having your 2/4 pc bonus isn’t enough for a GR20. You won’t be speed clearing it but unless you are attempting it barehanded the games scaling should absolutely make that very doable. Maybe look up a starter build guide, they pretty uniformly carry you to your 6-pc without having to grind for specific items.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Swilo posted:

the hard part is the rng nature of the dungeon making it difficult to do the 5 25-kill exploding palms- uli's is a tough build to kite with so its down to chance

i don't feel like grinding for items just to do that dungeon with, either, which the gear guides i've read recommend

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yep you were right. Torment IV seems like a big jump though.

edit: Since I don't get my chapter rewards til the end of the season, is there any somewhat reliable way to gear up? I've got a random mishmash of gear including a horrendously low level bracer set because the only thing that works for me on the barb right now is going all in on stacking Seismic Slam damage.

Your 4pc set should be in your mailbox icon in the lower left corner of the screen (assuming PC not console)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

mewse posted:

Your 4pc set should be in your mailbox icon in the lower left corner of the screen (assuming PC not console)

Oh poo poo, I didn't know I got the items already. Okay, thanks. That probably helps a ton.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Bust Rodd posted:

Not trying to be a bully, but I really can’t fathom how having your 2/4 pc bonus isn’t enough for a GR20. You won’t be speed clearing it but unless you are attempting it barehanded the games scaling should absolutely make that very doable. Maybe look up a starter build guide, they pretty uniformly carry you to your 6-pc without having to grind for specific items.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know I got the items already. Okay, thanks. That probably helps a ton.

Sometimes you have to ask the hard questions.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

boar guy posted:

the hard part is the rng nature of the dungeon making it difficult to do the 5 25-kill exploding palms- uli's is a tough build to kite with so its down to chance

i don't feel like grinding for items just to do that dungeon with, either, which the gear guides i've read recommend

Find someone who is good at kiting to help with that. Or ignore it because that's objectively the worst set dungeon in the game by any metric even post-nerf and laugh your way through any of the other three. Also you don't need to be wearing 6 pieces of a set, just have the bonus active with 5 and the Ring of Royal Grandeur.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Anniversary event is live apparently

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Anniversary event is live apparently

Yup. I walked into the portal and made it to level 2 before leaving, since there's nothing new and I got everything last time. It was neat to see the whole distorted graphics and hear the old gold sound, but that only lasted about a minute. I'm hoping to see PTR soon so I can go complain about stuff they won't change as I wait for Season 13.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I missed it completely last year so I’m stoked to start it up when I get home

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Heard that the cow pet/wirt's leg thing is broken currently though. Unless they just removed that from the game which kind of sucks.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yup. I walked into the portal and made it to level 2 before leaving, since there's nothing new and I got everything last time. It was neat to see the whole distorted graphics and hear the old gold sound, but that only lasted about a minute. I'm hoping to see PTR soon so I can go complain about stuff they won't change as I wait for Season 13.

I did dex classes this season with all set dungeons, I'm thinking next season I'll do int classes (+tra'goul wings on necro)

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
I'm crawling up the Hardcore Solo Wizard leaderboards, so far it's been smooth sailing and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even be ranked in softcore given how little effort or risk I've put in so far. I'm up to GR84 and I feel like I can comfortably continue progressing, however I'm not very fast compared to other wizards at that level. I think I should be starting to look at augments?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seleste-1604/hero/95502194

I was farming Nephalem Rifts when I logged out, I normally have Ashnagarr's Bracers instead of Nemesis, Grand Vizier in cube instead of Aether Walker and Blur instead of Glass Cannon. I was thinking to start by augmenting my Etched Sigil because it's the closest thing I have to a perfect roll.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Larrymer posted:

Heard that the cow pet/wirt's leg thing is broken currently though. Unless they just removed that from the game which kind of sucks.

Yeah right now you craft the blue drop version of the leg which won't give you the map of stars. I'm out one million gold for it on a seasonal guy but I guess it'll be a lot easier to re earn than to get the first time

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

It's been a year but feels like they tweaked the event tileset slightly, seeing a lot more sarcophagus (sarcophagi?) and boxes - less of other assorted junk.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Server reset coming. Does having to re-enter the cathedral kill off the Butcher pet run?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Server reset coming. Does having to re-enter the cathedral kill off the Butcher pet run?

Yes, you will have to start over.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
It's been long time since I played so I might be misremembering, but I thought Paragon stats only applied once your character hit max level? I just rolled a Nercomancer and having 600+ worth of Paragon levels apply right at level 1 is hilariously fun.

I also had an ancient weapon with intel stats that I slotted the Gem of Ease into and equiped, so I stomped through some bounties on T4 and hit level 51 in a blink before coming here to post about it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

OhFunny posted:

It's been long time since I played so I might be misremembering, but I thought Paragon stats only applied once your character hit max level? I just rolled a Nercomancer and having 600+ worth of Paragon levels apply right at level 1 is hilariously fun.

Available right from the start, which makes leveling new characters much faster/easier, though it will still be far slower than sitting in a level 70 T6 for 10 minutes to go from 1-70.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DrSeRRoD posted:

Available right from the start, which makes leveling new characters much faster/easier, though it will still be far slower than sitting in a level 70 T6 for 10 minutes to go from 1-70.

It's pretty fun making a T6 game at level 1 and then just wrecking poo poo, though. I tried doing it this way and it works pretty well until you get to the 2nd floor of a rift or something and are around lvl 30-40. Then everything will 1 shot because the enemies scaled to your current level and you have no gear except a badass weapon :v:.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
That's why you make a hellfire ring/ammy with vitality and mainstat to go with your big weapon that has both as well. You can get to ~60 before T6 starts to really slow down.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sunwuko monk back again.

Found a new Vengeful Wind and having trouble deciding between the two.

3084.6 DPS
1551-1895 Damage
10% Damage (this can be re-rolled)
974 Dex
17% AD
+238 Experience

2956.1 DPS
1558-1866
+917 Dex
+6% AS
+23,524 Lph
+14 Max Spirit
(Anything can be re-rolled)

They seem very similar baseline damage to me. One with almost MAX LPH, one with good AD, both with the ability to re-roll one thing (to LPH or AD or CDR). Maybe the first one does slightly more base damage, but it's AD roll isnt perfect, whereas the other one has almost perfect LPH.

Any thoughts?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I'd take the first and reroll AD to a socket until you find a Ramaladni's Gift, and then reroll the socket to resource cost reduction.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

is having just one ramalangadingdong drop during a season pretty normal?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
5-10 is normal if you're running GR 70+ stuff on the reg.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have about 10 Gifts in my bags so that isn't an issue.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I got like 25 gifts this season but the first one took a long rear end time.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Mills posted:

Sunwuko monk back again.

Found a new Vengeful Wind and having trouble deciding between the two.

3084.6 DPS
1551-1895 Damage
10% Damage (this can be re-rolled)
974 Dex
17% AD
+238 Experience

2956.1 DPS
1558-1866
+917 Dex
+6% AS
+23,524 Lph
+14 Max Spirit
(Anything can be re-rolled)

They seem very similar baseline damage to me. One with almost MAX LPH, one with good AD, both with the ability to re-roll one thing (to LPH or AD or CDR). Maybe the first one does slightly more base damage, but it's AD roll isnt perfect, whereas the other one has almost perfect LPH.

Any thoughts?

Assuming they both have 7 stacks of sweeping wind, second one attack speed->CDR imo.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

GTJustin posted:

Assuming they both have 7 stacks of sweeping wind, second one attack speed->CDR imo.

Agreed, but I’d say if your kyroshiro soul already has LPH then I’d do the first and dmg% -> CDR.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I have too much gold and there's something I should be spending it on, but I don't know what it is because it's my first season. I maxxed the craftable gems for the slots I have.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

KDdidit posted:

I feel like I have too much gold and there's something I should be spending it on, but I don't know what it is because it's my first season. I maxxed the craftable gems for the slots I have.

Empowered greater rifts.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

totalnewbie posted:

Empowered greater rifts.

Makes sense, didn't know they existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there any real reason to do Whimseyshire? I have the mushroom or whatever, and could tackle it right now.