Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Rex-Goliath posted:

Problem is if he has a suppressor you see zero muzzle flash

The final final circle is tiny. If they were actually in the final circle they could run along the outer edge clockwise and find him as a pair. The suppressor wont save him.

If it wasnt the final final circle they should still stand up to take position in the next circle, sweeping that area and then looking out into the blue for the last guy crawling or running in.

If you have numbers you should not be proning waiting someone out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I've played about 10 games and I've started to get 3-4 kills per match. I got a double kill with a crossbow yesterday from a fairly long distances. This is a fun game to shoot mans.

I have no idea how bullet fall-off works and/or 'setting your scope'. Is there any recommended guide out there?

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That's what you had to do, I'm afraid.

Does this work any more? The last few times I've been in a small circle, it's stopped at 5m or so, and hasn't contracted past there. Am I just going crazy, or can someone back me up on this?

It makes these standoffs much worse, because I'd way rather be pushed into them than lie down looking through grass for 10 minutes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

NNick posted:

I've played about 10 games and I've started to get 3-4 kills per match. I got a double kill with a crossbow yesterday from a fairly long distances. This is a fun game to shoot mans.

I have no idea how bullet fall-off works and/or 'setting your scope'. Is there any recommended guide out there?

If there's one thing PUBG needs it's a shooting gallery you can play offline to test out weapons. If only to save people from having to deal with *click on video guide* HEY IT'S YOUR BOY HERE *rambling for 5 minutes before actually getting into the subject of the video*

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

DrNutt posted:

If there's one thing PUBG needs it's a shooting gallery you can play offline to test out weapons...

Firing range in the Lobby!
I like the firing range in codww2 because it helps me unlearn bad habits I didn't know I had and recognize 2 vs 3 shot kill distances.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Whoever thought it was a good idea to put in those multi-story red buildings that you can't enter on the desert map is a very bad man

They even look like they have a stair box on the roof but the door is blocked by boxes and no loot spawns up there!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

DrNutt posted:

If there's one thing PUBG needs it's a shooting gallery you can play offline to test out weapons. If only to save people from having to deal with *click on video guide* HEY IT'S YOUR BOY HERE *rambling for 5 minutes before actually getting into the subject of the video*

I agree - I was hoping there was something a bit cut-and-dry.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Smithersnz posted:

Does this work any more? The last few times I've been in a small circle, it's stopped at 5m or so, and hasn't contracted past there. Am I just going crazy, or can someone back me up on this?

It makes these standoffs much worse, because I'd way rather be pushed into them than lie down looking through grass for 10 minutes.

The final final circle contracts to nothing after like 3 minutes

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Its a shame you dont get credit for causing people to die from crashes.

Though I did get credit from making a guy jump off a clif to his death. (I naded while he was climbing he got knocked mid air and simply fell to the bottom)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I find people that play FP to be sub-human.....

.....because I thought the entire point of this game was to play Barbie dress up before you get killed 20 minutes later, and you can't do that as well in FP.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I do love jumping in Naked Snake style and wearing only what I find.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Jerkface posted:

If you have numbers you should not be proning waiting someone out.
Everyone plays like they're a loving dog chasing a car. A person defending an entrenched position has the advantage no matter how full your squad is.

This game has literally one objective for victory, stay alive. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i played with a rando squad that jumped naked and took one piece of clothing from each dude they killed

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i played with a rando squad that jumped naked and took one piece of clothing from each dude they killed

What the gently caress did they do to this game. My computer went from running it like a champ at low settings to acting like someone curbstomped it and it has all of its brains on the sidewalk. This update blows. If someone has any idea on how to fix it I am all ears, everywhere else that has a solution is from like a year ago.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

GarethOmni posted:

What the gently caress did they do to this game. My computer went from running it like a champ at low settings to acting like someone curbstomped it and it has all of its brains on the sidewalk. This update blows. If someone has any idea on how to fix it I am all ears, everywhere else that has a solution is from like a year ago.

Pretty much everyone saw improvement in performance in 1.0. Are you sure there’s not something wrong with your OS or hardware?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

esperterra posted:

I do love jumping in Naked Snake style and wearing only what I find.

yeah I do this too and my teammates laugh at me when I’m like oooh trench coat! oooh fingerless gloves! oh man I can’t find any pants

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I just joined the discord - I'm DoctorThunder

What channel should I join? I'm old and dumb and the last thing I really used was ventrilo.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Voltage posted:

I just joined the discord - I'm DoctorThunder

What channel should I join? I'm old and dumb and the last thing I really used was ventrilo.
Treat it like an intro to children's psychology course.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

revolther posted:

This game has literally one objective for victory, stay alive. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

this is a common misconception but no. the objective is to make as many other people lose as possible. winning is the icing on the cake

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think my favorite thing about playing solo squad (other than how absurdly fun it is) is that you get like 500 + points for getting into the top ten. Just had back to back games in which I went #2 team and #4 by myself and it felt awesome.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

There's a new bug that has scared the absolute poo poo out of me a couple of times already. Sometimes when you kill someone their body will continue to make noise as if there was a live player there. I killed a guy who must've been lying prone, because when I went to loot him it sounded like there was someone prone crawling in spot where he died. Nobody there when I checked the replay. Until the dude's ragdoll despawned there was also a endless stream of syringes that kept appearing, dropping, and then rolling down the hill. Maybe he was using a first aid when I killed him and the animation just kept looping without him?

This also happened to me when I was in a car and heard someone walking around a wall. I got out and spent almost three minutes combing the area to see where this person went but when I checked the replay there was nobody there at all, no sound in the replay either but I definitely heard it when playing. I'm gonna try to get it on video next time.

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

Odobenidae posted:

There's a new bug that has scared the absolute poo poo out of me a couple of times already.... nobody there at all, no sound in the replay either but I definitely heard it when playing. I'm gonna try to get it on video next time.

I would love theme days. Like Halloween or Christmas in some games. Just one zombie/ghost day a year (at random)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Odobenidae posted:

There's a new bug that has scared the absolute poo poo out of me a couple of times already. Sometimes when you kill someone their body will continue to make noise as if there was a live player there. I killed a guy who must've been lying prone, because when I went to loot him it sounded like there was someone prone crawling in spot where he died. Nobody there when I checked the replay. Until the dude's ragdoll despawned there was also a endless stream of syringes that kept appearing, dropping, and then rolling down the hill. Maybe he was using a first aid when I killed him and the animation just kept looping without him?

This also happened to me when I was in a car and heard someone walking around a wall. I got out and spent almost three minutes combing the area to see where this person went but when I checked the replay there was nobody there at all, no sound in the replay either but I definitely heard it when playing. I'm gonna try to get it on video next time.

Back when the game first came into early access there was a THUD as the game randomly thought you were being shot (for no damage) that happened a looooooooot of the time. Drove people insane.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I just had a weird bug. Right after I landed and looted a couple things and opened a door, suddenly I couldn’t hit f to interact/loot and nothing was even coming up as being on the ground when I hit tab. I could run around, punch and jump and poo poo, but no interacting. Was pretty frustrating

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I'd just like to take this post to apologize to Hugh, he walked his large head into my crosshairs and ate a vector spurt

F

:rip:

He's real good and shooting him is a bad idea if you like winning ok

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I won my first ever solo and forgot to record. :negative:

Not that it was really due to skill on my part so much as it was having lucked into an M24 and everyone else focusing on each other at the end. :v:

It feels very anticlimactic to win solo, since there's nobody to celebrate with.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
We have lift off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dfYv14ruc8

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone had a weird bug where you get into a car and are promptly teleported underground

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best part of replays is seeing all the crazy shenanigans going around you.

* Solo guy who was trigger-happy and shot every bush and tree without discretion, died to an actual guy in his field of view next to him.
* Squad of 3 people who couldn't stop shooting at each other, tossing molotovs and what not. From my PoV some incredible clash between 3 squads was going on in the distance, when I watched the replay it was so weird to see it was just 3 dudes goofing around.
* Solo guy really bored shooting at the air to get some attention and maybe find potential targets got what he wanted in the form of a sniper headshot.
* Someone with a medkit, a lot of first aids and a syringe who really overextended outside one of the final zones, miraculously found a bike along the way, got out of the blue zone and drove all the way to the center of the circle, got riddled with bullets from all sides.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I just had a weird bug. Right after I landed and looted a couple things and opened a door, suddenly I couldn’t hit f to interact/loot and nothing was even coming up as being on the ground when I hit tab. I could run around, punch and jump and poo poo, but no interacting. Was pretty frustrating

I get this relatively often, probably due to my old af PSU. Sometimes not all objects inside a building will load right away. This includes furniture and most things on the ground.

Waiting usually fixes it. But it sucks when you do a hot drop and there's people running around grabbing up guns before you can.

e: re-reading your post it sounds like poo poo loads but you can't interact. which is even worse imo!

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

NNick posted:

NNick posted:

I agree - I was hoping there was something a bit cut-and-dry.

Too lazy to pull up the links since it's late, but watch WackyJacky101's videos on youtube. He has videos on using both the 4x and 8x since the update, as well as analysis on bullet patterns. They're probably the most concise things on the subject. I haven't found any updated images since the last time someone posted about this.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 5, 2018

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Did I miss a patch note, or is it a bug that 4x scopes can't be zeroed anymore? It feels like just a couple days ago they were working and now.. not so much.

Also, has anyone seen a map that marks out stuff like common vehicle spawns like there was in Erangel? I've found a couple via Google but they all seem to be from early test servers.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

That drat Satyr posted:

Also, has anyone seen a map that marks out stuff like common vehicle spawns like there was in Erangel? I've found a couple via Google but they all seem to be from early test servers.

I thought that the vehicles no longer always spawn in the same spots.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Drape Culture posted:

I thought that the vehicles no longer always spawn in the same spots.

There are designated vehicle spawn points, it's just now vehicles don't always spawn facing east and there aren't guaranteed vehicle spawns anywhere.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Hellsau posted:

There are designated vehicle spawn points, it's just now vehicles don't always spawn facing east and there aren't guaranteed vehicle spawns anywhere.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Smithersnz posted:

When circle is small enough you two should just stand up and gently caress poo poo up. No gun shoots simultaneously in two directions.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
When 1.0 came out, did they introduce matchmaking in FPP modes? I just checked my career stats for the first time since solo squadding and I'm in the top 20% and it definitely feels a bit harder to crack the top ten now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DrNutt posted:

When 1.0 came out, did they introduce matchmaking in FPP modes? I just checked my career stats for the first time since solo squadding and I'm in the top 20% and it definitely feels a bit harder to crack the top ten now.

Yes they did

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

That drat Satyr posted:

Did I miss a patch note, or is it a bug that 4x scopes can't be zeroed anymore? It feels like just a couple days ago they were working and now.. not so much.

It's in the notes. Only iron, 8x and 15x can be zero'ed now.

Concerning learning the bullet drop and how much to lead I think you just have to get a feel for it since you don't really have that much time to think about it most of the time. It's only at very long distances (300+) where I will be zero'ing at all and it's rare that I will take at shot that far anyway. Once in a while it can be very useful though. For general play I don't think you need to worry about it since at distances out to about 200 m you just aim at their head. Keep in mind though that if you are shooting up (seems counter-intuitive) or downhill you have to compensate by shooting lower than you would normally.
For shooting running targets a good rule of thumbs is to lead approx. 1 body width per 100 m out, if they are running perpendicular to your line of fire.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

cinci zoo sniper posted:

No gun shoots simultaneously in two directions.

This is really the best and most precise advice available to most players, especially newer players. Whenever you know you outnumber the enemy, just take the drat shootout. Every second you spend not taking the shootout is a second more where you risk being flanked, surprised, grenaded or taken out in a million other ways. If you're 3-4 on 1, rush that dude, just make sure you rush the same route so he can't take you out one by one.