Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

CrazyTolradi posted:

This guy legit looks like he'd drain souls to sustain his life.

I like the fact they took his picture while he is getting his tie back on after draining souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

The reverend’s procedure would work, where as the original attempt was a failure because it was easy to reverse engineer due to a) not using a salt (although there is plenty around with Star Citizen), and b) the target namespace (list of ship types in Wing Commander) was well known and small enough to trivially brute force.

If Derek was to post a SHA hash of the law firm name (which I know has now been revealed) concatenated with the usernames of 3-5 goons it would be really hard to brute force.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

It's a solid plan but it's missing one key ingredient.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Please stop doing this.

Lladre posted:

You are wrong on all points.
And your guessing game is as farcical as your avatar.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Watch out Hav he'll sue you for defamation right after he finishes doing nothing to suing the Montoya guy

big nipples big life posted:

It took the good doctor over 24 hours to catch on to the crytek suit after it hit pacer, he doesn't have any inside skinny.

Lladre posted:

I don't care about any of that. Hope that helps.
He doesn't read anything I post because I said his game sucks rear end, (which it does).

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, Derek did admit to having people on his block lost but also that, through his ingenious thread-reading akills, he reads every post, which we must conclude includes those even by jerks of the detected kind.

So either Derek is a moron or he is a liar. He could also be both who has developped a bad game.

Hav posted:

It really hurts your standpoint if you have the quoting people who are blocked prohibition, then quote the post that was...

You know, I'm giving up. You pretend to block people, but you can't stop looking. Just give it up, nobody cares.

Yeah, you can see my quandary; I'm completely unable to see your thoughts and work with the paperwork. At the moment _I know_ that Paracorp was primary, but they're not Counsel. There's also the second string that you could be lying, but I'm going to believe that you have the details and won't burn your sources.

I'm not measuring dicks with you. I'm also not belaboring the fact that I'm giving an opinion, like any pundit, and that I can be treated with a good measure of salt until the position and momentum of the legal disposition can be fixed.

yeah but you've been saying the big end times thing is coming for over two years so it's pretty obvious you don't know poo poo you just keep throwing the ele at the wall until it sticks. It's just more lols for the pile though so keep it up.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Derek Smart's ego will never reach release. And for that, I lol.

How many years were you talking about the 2 $1M spikes on the discord?

Mr.Tophat posted:

Probate him for an hour for each person on his block list whenever he mentions it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

D_Smart posted:

uhm, he's blocked. I only read + quoted his response because YOU quoted it. Otherwise I would NOT have seen it. Geez

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=3375#post479912712

And this why I used to block people who quote people I had blocked; and had a hit list in my sig. I stopped doing that because I was needlessly blocking people who weren't doing what those fuckheads were doing.

Nobody is mad about Derek, this is a thread about laughing at Star Citizen, and Derek lying about insider knowledge and blustering about lawsuits and his posters I have been defeated by list is all part of the comedy. CIG goes dark at the beginning of the year so all we have right now is Dr. Dumbass and his street preacher proclamations of the end times.

ManofManyAliases posted:

oh and kudos to derek for having the crusty, old-man balls to post what he thinks is the law firm.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Please stop doing this.

Aggregating old posts, or something else?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hav posted:

Aggregating old posts, or something else?

Pretty sure he means not organizing quotes by username in alphabetical order when chronological order doesn't apply.

In which case I agree.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

Please stop doing this.

Same, but also for your post.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

thatguy posted:

More like Derek Shart

:thurman:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It was like 10 pages worth but the forums died for a few minutes so I just skipped the last ones.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
When's the next sunk cost galaxy video due out?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Posted as requested: I had a thread ripping script laying around from CSPAM days and modified it to count up the dubious award of "who's the most derek-obsessed poster in the thread", as a percentage of total posts. The results may not surprise you

D1E is 71.58% obsessed (68 out of 95)
D_Smart is 55.09% obsessed (1741 out of 3160)
Dementropy is 51.28% obsessed (341 out of 665)
BrutalistMcDonalds is 50.00% obsessed (8 out of 16)
Talez is 41.67% obsessed (5 out of 12)
Bushmaori is 41.67% obsessed (5 out of 12)
Variable 5 is 39.90% obsessed (164 out of 411)
Mein Kampf Enthusiast is 38.89% obsessed (7 out of 18)
Differo Cathedra is 36.36% obsessed (4 out of 11)
Mirificus is 35.34% obsessed (885 out of 2504)

:laffo:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Money is really dropping the ball on this edit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Derek Smart.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Calling it right now, CIG will reveal they had to pay muchos pesos for their constant copyright infringement of stock photos because their team of 400 developers lacks in talent.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

I call this piece my next blog

oil on canvas

:kiss:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

nuh uh they let that black dude swab the hangar deck and even had another that was transvestite no diversity my rear end you sjw's need to calm down

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

That DICK! posted:

oh is that this thread's "guy"

This is genuinely my favourite post of all posts. God bless you.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Calling it right now, CIG will reveal they had to pay muchos pesos for their constant copyright infringement of stock photos because their team of 400 developers lacks in talent.

Don't doxxx the currency Chris makes them use.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

sandi adusting easily into the willy wonka persona I see

lmao

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The Willy Wonka thing is just in case they have to tell the backers "You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!" which is a joke someone has probably already said but I never got credit for my "did nazi that coming" joke so I'm archering everyone and everything.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

so star citizen, the 'game' that exists, is a bunch of assets poorly imported into the demo crytek made 5 years ago right?

every time i find something out about how they make the game it amazes me. just all the travails they've had with getting single ships to not lag the servers out. it's crazy. they make design and coding mistakes that like, amateur modders don't make in other games.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

juggalo baby coffin posted:

it's crazy. they make design and coding mistakes that like, amateur modders don't make in other games.

Heck, the amateur modders don't make them in other games they were working on before CIG employed them!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SearchTheStars42
Oct 14, 2016
Thanks all. With my extra funds, i need a recommendation for a space game that's actually worth a drat. Anything worth it?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

SearchTheStars42 posted:

Thanks all. With my extra funds, i need a recommendation for a space game that's actually worth a drat. Anything worth it?

If you want to look at lots of spaceships shooting one another while roleplaying the Imperium of Man maybe Stelaris.
If you want to fly a spaceship while shooting at stuff and having a pretty good time Everspace (DLCs suggested) might be your ticket.
If you want to fly a spaceship while wondering if there's stuff to shoot and if you're having a good time Elite Dangerous.
If you want to build the spaceship you will fly and then watch it break in half because you added a rotor Space Engineers is ideal.
If you want to build a spaceship and then realize it's 3am Kerbal Space Program.
If you want to fly a spaceship through space that's actually a submarine that's underwater Subnautica.
If you want to fly a spaceship that's actually a boat on the ocean Sid Meier's Pirates.

Those might be some decent titles for you to read up on to see if they appeal.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 5, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

If you want to look at lots of spaceships shooting one another while roleplaying the Imperium of Man maybe Stelaris.
If you want to fly a spaceship while shooting at stuff and having a pretty good time Everspace (DLCs suggested) might be your ticket.
If you want to fly a spaceship while wondering if there's stuff to shoot and if you're having a good time Elite Dangerous.
If you want to build the spaceship you will fly and then watch it break in half because you added a rotor Space Engineers is ideal.
If you want to build a spaceship and then realize it's 3am Kerbal Space Program.
If you want to fly a spaceship through space that's actually a submarine that's underwater Subnautica.
If you want to fly a spaceship that's actually a boat on the ocean Sid Meier's Pirates.

Those might be some decent titles for you to read up on to see if they appeal.

X3: Albion Prelude for building ludicrous empires from humble beginnings.

X4 is looking sexeh, but egosoft has burned me before.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I haven't tried any of the X games, so their omission isn't condemnation. Though people I know who played the last one emerged from their first run through looking like that mutant dude from Robocop, mouth running feverish with tales of uncertain design goals and reviews of not being a good game.

e; oh poo poo I forgot Rebel Galaxy. It's basically a less complex version of Sid Meier's Pirates in space but it has a lot of charm and should be fairly inexpensive.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 5, 2018

Nov 24, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

Derek Smart.
:same:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

SearchTheStars42 posted:

Just take your money and Ska-ddaddle...n.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

I haven't tried any of the X games, so their omission isn't condemnation. Though people I know who played the last one emerged from their first run through looking like that mutant dude from Robocop, mouth running feverish with tales of uncertain design goals and reviews of not being a good game.

It was a hail mary for an xbox game that didn’t really come off, and the various design decisions were loving bonkers. Like you could only target what was in front of you, you had to hoof it through stations to take part in a badly translated text minigame that would unlock discounts and It also was just broken on release.

You could hire a freighter, but you’d have to wait for it to arrive to load it up, and for the first few patches they’d just get lost, or stop moving. Then there was your annoying expositional foil in the copilot with a scifi name that we just called boobwindow, because a spacesuit need to have a cleavage inspection hatch.

It also locked you to a single ship, gave you a choice of upgrading four weapons, gave you drones that were vaguely useless, and generally managed to distill tedium.

The upsides where that the various zones were really pretty, and there was a better sense of scale from the buildings, but it was slightly more sterile. X:stillbirth was a disappointment.

Albion Prelude was supposed to be the half step to X4, so it’s the best X game at the moment. It’s also moddable, but essentially it’s a sandbox with a slightly broken economic structure that you take advantage of, starting from a single ship and working your way up to capitals.

Someone put the fourth Stimpire in Stellaris, too.

Rebel Galaxy has the best soundtrack. Whisky rock?

Hav fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 5, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
How many wars would a warlord lord if a warlord would lord wars

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm sorry señor, you sent your request to the wrong company. This is Roberto industrias espaciales and you need to contact...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thoatse posted:

How many wars would a warlord lord if a warlord would lord wars

Nick Cage.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Ferrero rochers are poo poo chocolates in pretty packaging that takes up too much room in the bin for what you get. Not even the plastic box is good for anything, gently caress ferreros

I hope Ben enjoys them

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

iospace posted:

Nick Cage.

Producer: Chris Roberts :tinfoil:

bandaid.friend posted:

Not even the plastic box is good for anything, gently caress ferreros

I used the more cuboid box that had like 24 of them in to store the plastic crap I got from kinder eggs when I was a nipper. Maybe you don't understand ferrero storage development

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 5, 2018

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Look at that sperg! This court case is going to be one giant nerd slap fest... With space ships.... In space. I feel sorry for the poor souls who pull jury duty the week this goes to trial.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Taintrunner posted:

So star Citizen has a new website where they got rid of the funding tracker and says Squadron 42 is the single player campaign of Star Citizen instead of a separate product

Still sold separately or is this being retconed too?

Also was the Coutts loan paid back in full? I'm guessing yes since the Citizens still live happily in their own fantasy world, but I'm ready for the funny response too.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

Still sold separately or is this being retconed too?

Also was the Coutts loan paid back in full? I'm guessing yes since the Citizens still live happily in their own fantasy world, but I'm ready for the funny response too.

The charge is not satisfied according to Companies House, and F42 UK also altered their accounting period to conveniently add an additional 6 month delay before they have to release any financial statements including the loan. :laffo:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

boviscopophobic posted:

The charge is not satisfied according to Companies House, and F42 UK also altered their accounting period to conveniently add an additional 6 month delay before they have to release any financial statements including the loan. :laffo:

Ok, that's definitely good for Star Citizen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Hav posted:

Someone put the fourth Stimpire in Stellaris, too.

where do i find this?