Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
all this wait for nothing

three type-0s lmao what did I ever do to you Gumi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

10+disappointment came out ok for me. 4 golds all dupes.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
10+1 got me Ace #2, my first dupe rainbow.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I spent eight 10+1s today in a last ditch effort for Winter units.

Seven total trash pulls, literally the best I got was an Olif.

....and then the eighth ticket was a triple rainbow? Okay? I mean, it was Prishe #2, Delita, and Seabreeze Dark Fina, so they weren't USABLE, but still. Game why you do this.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And the daily was Arc.

:negative:

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Is the Snow Gown worth grinding for? I'm sitting on 18k candy canes but haven't yet unlocked the last story level and I've only made one Joyful Spirit so far.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I wasn't expecting much from the 10+1 either so I squee'd a little from excitement when it opened with 5 rainbows. Five.
I thought - not even Gumi can manage 5 completely trash rainbows. This is what it gave me:

3 new units even: Orlandeau, Aura and Roy. Yay!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So I'm going cold turkey on pulls. I've got all the best 7* units, but not able to get them there yet so I'm hoarding my tickets and lapis and saving for a PC banner and a chance to double up on guys like OK, Oldman, and Darklord.Sadly this means I gotta skimp the FF9 event a bit. I 2 Steiners and Beatrix is all I want. then I'm going to save myself for Sephiroth

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ratzap posted:

I wasn't expecting much from the 10+1 either so I squee'd a little from excitement when it opened with 5 rainbows. Five.
I thought - not even Gumi can manage 5 completely trash rainbows. This is what it gave me:

3 new units even: Orlandeau, Aura and Roy. Yay!

five? I see three.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

five? I see three.

I hate that the 5* pedestal looks so similar to the 3* one.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
10+1 was lightning #3 and (more) garbage. At least I’m one away from a really strong sword I guess? :shrug:

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Got a Roy. :) or :( ?

Actual question: my Soleil is fully upgraded - is Roy an absolute upgrade in every sense? Or does he lack anything Soleil might bring?

Looks like even for OTKO strategies, they are equal in turn-1 ATK boost, right?

EDIT: Decided to ride my good luck and do a lapis 10+1 on the Christine banner... all blues. Hot hand fallacy verified.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 4, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mad Fnorder posted:

10+1 gave me Chizuru and Seven and nine blues ranging from Mustadio to Alma to Fang. In conclusion, I hate everything.

i got hope, rasler, and amelia. patriotic recall is good at least and i still need a nue and apron dress i guess but that sure was disappointing. oh maybe i got chloe too i cant remember. is there a unit called chloe. nobody knows

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PDQ Law posted:

Is the Snow Gown worth grinding for? I'm sitting on 18k candy canes but haven't yet unlocked the last story level and I've only made one Joyful Spirit so far.

It's... mediocre. The +30% ice resistance isn't bad for robes, only the Rainbow Robe gives the same thing. If you dip into clothes the Minerva Bustier is also better than it and the Festival Robe from last Christmas is a downgraded Snow Gown.

The ability on it isn't great, it's just Barblizzara. Being on gear means you can get innate ice resist and an AoE ice resist buff on the same slot. However it can't be dual cast, you can get Barblizzara from Carbuncle, and you just might use Barblizzaga or another ability that covers more bases (hi last Christmas Ice + Wind resist buff ability!) instead when you need it.

It might be helpful for Shiva 3* but it won't be making or breaking the fight.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got a rainbow on my daily. Fohlen #3. :shrug:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dana Crysalis posted:

five? I see three.

5 of them had the different coloured gem, I didn't take a picture of that though. The other 2 were noctis and xon.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Opened my 10+1 expecting disappointment, hoping for WKN.

So, uh...

When are we getting those Ramza enhancements?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Ratzap posted:

5 of them had the different coloured gem, I didn't take a picture of that though. The other 2 were noctis and xon.

So... your rainbow crystals broke to non-rainbow units?

You had a great pull, with three rainbows (nice ones too!) and I am not sure why it needs to be 5 or where the 5 is coming from. I don't know if I believe that rainbow crystals broke to non-rainbow units in 2018 (and you're cool with that). :raise:

I got a second Werei and a second Veritas of the Heavens and also of the Waters from my 10+1. No rainbows of any sort from pulls on the xmas banner. Christine it was not meant to be

Agreed fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 4, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I think he's counting golds as rainbows for some reason. Though that brings the total to six, so who knows.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im jamming all these limit pots on wilhelm but I'm going to be short a bit on health and def after the next raid is done I think. My WoL is fully potted and enhanced so I'll probably keep using him till I can get Wilhelm up and ready. My next set of TMR cooking will be entirely tank related. Jake Ring, Arshas, 2 patriotics and the imperial shield. My tanks have been subsisting on event and raid poo poo for too long.

e-Anyways the raid gear is pretty drat good so make sure to always be doing it. Even if A team doesn't use them it'll be fantastic for your expedition teams.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 5, 2018

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Skyridge posted:

I think he's counting golds as rainbows for some reason. Though that brings the total to six, so who knows.

Entirely possible. There were blue ones, yellow ones and 5 sorta weird ones which I took to be the same. I wish I'd taken a SS of it now but I just wanted to see what they were.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
You could sort your units as “obtained”

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cobalt60 posted:

Got a Roy. :) or :( ?

Actual question: my Soleil is fully upgraded - is Roy an absolute upgrade in every sense? Or does he lack anything Soleil might bring?

Looks like even for OTKO strategies, they are equal in turn-1 ATK boost, right?

Soleil is better for 10-man trials because she does not instant disable character switching every turn. Also, Roy takes 7 turns to get to full speed, Soleil takes 3. BUT Roy is stronger all around in numbers, and also provides HP/MP.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Dana Crysalis posted:

Soleil is better for 10-man trials because she does not instant disable character switching every turn. Also, Roy takes 7 turns to get to full speed, Soleil takes 3. BUT Roy is stronger all around in numbers, and also provides HP/MP.

The 10-man part is very relevant, but Roy can immediately buff both atk/mag or def/spr by 100% on turn 1. And he buffs all stats by turn 3 while healing and restoring mp (basically the same as enhanced Ramza). Eventually he buffs as strongly as Soliel while breaking better and restoring hp and mp.

I’d definitely rather take Roy to anything that’s not a 10-man trial and that only because singing locks out the swapping mechanic.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Roy's final song requires a while to get to, but his LB song is REALLY GOOD too. It doesn't carry the full-break of the last song, but the buff, HP, and MP heals are all better.

If you have a LB-focused team (Rikku's pouch shenanigans) Roy can easily just use his LB song every time he's done signing.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If you're anything like me, nothing sucks worse than coming home from a hard days work to a full energy bar because your tmr macro crashed around lunch time.

Well, Google has a remote desktop app - chrome remote desktop - that you can use to access your computer from a mobile device.

That's right, thanks to the wonders of modern science you can now use your cell phone to rdp into a home computer that runs an emulator of a cell phone where you afk a video game.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Forgot there was a 4* ticket on this trash event.

Farmed today to get it.

Got it, immediately dropped in on Christine's banner.

Starts blue -> Gold -> RAInnnn boowwwwww

... Kryla #2. WTF even is her deal

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

Forgot there was a 4* ticket on this trash event.

Farmed today to get it.

Got it, immediately dropped in on Christine's banner.

Starts blue -> Gold -> RAInnnn boowwwwww

... Kryla #2. WTF even is her deal

She's 9S on steroids. Instead of the damage mitigation, she can dualcast any combination of her ST 50% breaks and SPR-scaling magic finishing moves which also imperil the elements they deal damage with. Built for SPR, she can be a decently offensive debuffer. She also can inflict Hex, which is a Super Poison.

Hex deals 10k fixed damage damage a turn for three turns for every negative status effect an opponent has. The version unlocked by her limit break does 20k instead of 10k. Bosses are not invulnerable to Imperilga, that's a cool 80k/160k a turn in addition to whatever else you're getting up to. Good for high SPR/DEF bosses.

She can also nullify a boss's threshold or ambush buff/debuff, which has admittedly very limited uses but can neuter some bosses like the Dark Espers, for one.

Don't level her limit break, it's only real use is the improved Hex move, it's Ling's Dance Of Death otherwise.

About the King's Knight units:

Barusa and Toby have their rarity switched, in JP Toby is 4-6 and Barusa is 3-5. But, seriously, gently caress Toby.

Kaliva has a different moveset than the JP version, he looks like he can triple cast both his healing abilities (not-Curaga, not-Hi-Regen, not-Revive) and his damage (what looks like Waterja and Blizzaja) moves... he's basically a Red Mage like Rem. Probably better at healing than her.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

About the King's Knight units:

Barusa and Toby have their rarity switched, in JP Toby is 4-6 and Barusa is 3-5. But, seriously, gently caress Toby.

Kaliva has a different moveset than the JP version, he looks like he can triple cast both his healing abilities (not-Curaga, not-Hi-Regen, not-Revive) and his damage (what looks like Waterja and Blizzaja) moves... he's basically a Red Mage like Rem. Probably better at healing than her.

The triple cast is locked behind a move and only lasts one round, so it's kinda awful. Also, Toby sucks, gently caress Toby.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Acelerion posted:

If you're anything like me, nothing sucks worse than coming home from a hard days work to a full energy bar because your tmr macro crashed around lunch time.

Well, Google has a remote desktop app - chrome remote desktop - that you can use to access your computer from a mobile device.

That's right, thanks to the wonders of modern science you can now use your cell phone to rdp into a home computer that runs an emulator of a cell phone where you afk a video game.

This is what our ancestors would have wanted.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This is what our ancestors would have wanted.

I fire up the Remote Desktop from my couch rather than walk the 10 feet to my computer when the TMR macro gets wonky.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Alright I am getting this chain attacking right? Barbacoa uses tornado (wind) and my veritas of flame comes in during the way long attack animation with aero axe which also does wind for mega damage?

My squads kind of in limbo now: either autos through or gets blasted back the Bush W years. The story bosses are starting to get tough enough to notice chain text at least.

Veritas of flame also looks pretty metal so he's cool. Reading he's no dark veritas but who cares dat flaming axe.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mustached Demon posted:

Alright I am getting this chain attacking right? Barbacoa uses tornado (wind) and my veritas of flame comes in during the way long attack animation with aero axe which also does wind for mega damage?

My squads kind of in limbo now: either autos through or gets blasted back the Bush W years. The story bosses are starting to get tough enough to notice chain text at least.

Veritas of flame also looks pretty metal so he's cool. Reading he's no dark veritas but who cares dat flaming axe.

For chaining you need 2 characters who have an ability that hits multiple times with the same frame timing. Two of the same unit works best, or two characters with the same ability or ones who share identical frames, which unless you are lucky is generally one of yours and a friend unit. Veritas of the Flame is a finisher, he throws out single big hits. You want to time his hit to come at the end of a chain, because the longer the chain the higher the damage multiplier goes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there is a maximum multiplier in a chain for finishing purposes and its halved for spark chaining but im sick and dont entirely understand it when i am not sick so maybe someone who has the full use of their brain and body can help with the specifics.

i can say that this is why elemental weapons are preferred for chaining even outside of imperils. a chaining move that imperils hits the chain cap in half the hits and thus has a way looser window. thats why enhanced aileen piledriver is so insanely strong chaining with another aileen. since the entirety of all the other earth weapons is like, ruggles hammer.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Why, hello there... I wanted a Toby and maybe a Kaliva, but I'll take the entire squad.

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jan 5, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I fire up the Remote Desktop from my couch rather than walk the 10 feet to my computer when the TMR macro gets wonky.

That was me my entire Horizon playthrough over Christmas holiday.

Reminder - Dragon Killer+ and Dragon Killer (vanilla) materias stack.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Varance posted:

Why, hello there... I wanted a Toby and maybe a Kaliva, but I'll take the entire squad.

what kind of hack did you do to make the game work

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Seriously, the servers are getting destroyed.

edit - That's a ridiculous pull.

edit 2 - Login looks stable now.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 5, 2018

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

edit 2 - Login looks stable now.

lmao, for about 3 minutes at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Welp another super easy raid boss, thanks Gumi!

• Locked thread