Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cobalt60 posted:

Got a Roy. :) or :( ?

Actual question: my Soleil is fully upgraded - is Roy an absolute upgrade in every sense? Or does he lack anything Soleil might bring?

Looks like even for OTKO strategies, they are equal in turn-1 ATK boost, right?

Roy is absolutely better than Soleil. I thought I was going to hate his song chain but it's not that bad and if you gear him with good LB crysts generation he'll be popping that every turn.

Roy has been the MVP of my runs on the last 3 trials. He's amazing and while I dislike the mysogny of his victory animation, it's pretty fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One day Gumi will figure out how to have a working raid reward page on day one of the event. Today is not that day

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So expeditions look to be hosed.

I keep getting "Invalid expedition found" and it restarts the game.

THEN once I choose an expedition, and return to the open expedition screen, it only gives me 2 options instead of 3.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

hamsystem posted:

Welp another super easy raid boss, thanks Gumi!

The real boss is taking the time to evoke an esper. At least it isn't the 'Kill the boss with an esper' mission.

Also, if anyone wants some help with the raid, I swapped Reberta's spear onto my DV, so he has 1087 attack + dragonkiller. Most of you all are already friends, but if not: 632883386

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 5, 2018

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

For anybody who needs a carry, or who just wants to press auto once in a while, I have a 99% auto carry up. The boss has to auto-attack 3+ times a turn (which it does rarely) a bunch of times in a row to make any significant headway against Pure White Blessing, everything else is resisted. Just hit auto and wait a few minutes.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Well, I completed the limit burst mission pretty good. My FD OK + a friend FD OK chained their LBs with 100% ATK buff to start but no breaks on the boss: 20 million damage (23 on the final sheet, but the boss was down to 30%)

Sure that works!!

Edit: It wasn't even a spark chain, just a regular old-fashioned physical chain.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Still get the occasional data retrieval error gumi please fix your poo poo

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Yea this is getting ridiculous. I’ve been wanting to run a TMR group but I guarantee it will just crash over and over.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Tonight has been ok, but I woke up this morning with Max energy in Fina's psyche and went to sleep 6 hours before with 80/165 in the tank so it must have just crashed right after I went to bed.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

For anybody who needs a carry, or who just wants to press auto once in a while, I have a 99% auto carry up. The boss has to auto-attack 3+ times a turn (which it does rarely) a bunch of times in a row to make any significant headway against Pure White Blessing, everything else is resisted. Just hit auto and wait a few minutes.

drat, that is a sexy DRain.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I'm gonna spend all my energy on the gil snapper cave this weekend so my TMR farm can take a break. I've stopped running it during the evenings and while I'm at work, it's just too prone to crashing.

I noticed that it tends to crash whenever it needs to connect with the server to do something (like initiate a mission) at exact hours of time. So like, if you start a mission at 2:00 pm it has a high chance of crashing.

Also I loving love Raids and I'm glad Gumi's been just regurgitating them over the past few months. Even that semi-worthless Ariana raid in November was great just because raids are free.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 5, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

I'm gonna spend all my energy on the gil snapper cave this weekend so my TMR farm can take a break. I've stopped running it during the evenings and while I'm at work, it's just too prone to crashing.

I noticed that it tends to crash whenever it needs to connect with the server to do something (like initiate a mission) at exact hours of time. So like, if you start a mission at 2:00 pm it has a high chance of crashing.

Also I loving love Raids and I'm glad Gumi's been just regurgitating them over the past few months. Even that semi-worthless Ariana raid in November was great just because raids are free.

Hey I forgot to mention that I'm done with Aigaion testing (thanks again) so if you'd like to swap out that Machine Killer, please feel free to.

edit - nevermind, you already did!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Hey I forgot to mention that I'm done with Aigaion testing (thanks again) so if you'd like to swap out that Machine Killer, please feel free to.

edit - nevermind, you already did!

I saw your post about the run and I'm definitely gonna try that myself once I figure out my support/tank for the fight. I'll let you know, in the meantime please put up anything you want :)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

I saw your post about the run and I'm definitely gonna try that myself once I figure out my support/tank for the fight. I'll let you know, in the meantime please put up anything you want :)

Cool, I'd be more than happy to return the favor.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

ZarathustraFollower posted:

The real boss is taking the time to evoke an esper. At least it isn't the 'Kill the boss with an esper' mission.

Also, if anyone wants some help with the raid, I swapped Reberta's spear onto my DV, so he has 1087 attack + dragonkiller. Most of you all are already friends, but if not: 632883386

Just using single dragon killers on OKs and friendlandu I can get upwards of 30m damage in the first turn. This boss is squishy as hell and the one attempt I took at doing the esper mission, I ended up killing him with autos first.

E:

PaybackJack posted:

Roy is absolutely better than Soleil. I thought I was going to hate his song chain but it's not that bad and if you gear him with good LB crysts generation he'll be popping that every turn.

Roy has been the MVP of my runs on the last 3 trials. He's amazing and while I dislike the mysogny of his victory animation, it's pretty fitting.

Yeah that’s what I meant when talking about him vs. Soliel - he’s Ramza on turn 3 and only gets better every 2 turns from there. While it does take him “7 turns to get rolling” that’s a bit disingenuous as he’s already very powerful early on. He’s just “one button, do everything” after turn 7 rolls around.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 5, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Office Thug posted:

:same: x3, TM grinding has been unreliable lately unless I'm checking on it regularly. Plus raids means free rank exp and raid gear which I can usually find a use for (including sating my gotta collect them all broke brain). I might go and finally do Bahamut now with all the dragon killer friends I don't gotta bug anybody to make one.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Evasion DV is not as exciting as a D.Rain who counters the boss to death, but the DV I have up is now untouchable by this raid boss (at the cost of swapping out two sources of dragonkiller). He absorbs the dark magic attacks, evades the fire and normal physical attacks, and can still holy chain with Friendlandeaus.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I imagine the slowness is probably related to the chipset flaw patching, it used to be bad before but it was never this slow days after maint.

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 5, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Turtles and a raid means a whole lot of Gil for all of us. This months enhancements should be covered.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I need another cryst farming story event. I got a half finished Rem and Luneth plus whatever else might be coming soon (Ramzalol).

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Turtles and a raid means a whole lot of Gil for all of us. This months enhancements should be covered.

:toot: :toot: :toot:

But yeah I seriously need a metric ton of t1-t4 crysts. I have several units that I’m just never even going to touch and I’m still short on almost every type.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah I love when Dunes or Snappers lines up with a week without an energy grind.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Think it's going to be Gil Farmer's until I'm back above 10-11m and then back to the cryst mines since I used a bunch lately.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm ok on T4-T5s despite enhancing people left and right, but T1-T3 stocks are pretty much nil. On the bright side the only characters I'm needing to get the enhancements for are Darklord and OK. Tidus I'll hold off on enhancing until I pull a 2nd one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ugato posted:

:toot: :toot: :toot:

But yeah I seriously need a metric ton of t1-t4 crysts. I have several units that I’m just never even going to touch and I’m still short on almost every type.

:same:

PaybackJack posted:

I'm ok on T4-T5s despite enhancing people left and right, but T1-T3 stocks are pretty much nil. On the bright side the only characters I'm needing to get the enhancements for are Darklord and OK. Tidus I'll hold off on enhancing until I pull a 2nd one.

Here's a question. I've got two Dark Knight Cecil's. Should I enhance both of them assuming I can ever get the crysts? I fully intend to get his 7*, and I also don't ever se myself using two of him.

Is there any way not enhancing/leveling my 7* fodder will bite me in the butt?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 5, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ZarathustraFollower posted:

evoking an esper is easy, all you have to do is use Marie to keep a Garnet with Prodigy's Goggles alive :v:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

evoking an esper is easy, all you have to do is use Marie to keep a Garnet with Prodigy's Goggles alive :v:

This was actually going to be my plan whenever I bothered.

hosed up and got him to 1% earlier, was ready for the multiple thresholds to hurt, and then...he did no damage through Marie's shields.

I may have greatly overestimated his damage potential.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I think I’m going to be that guy and avoid the Esper mission reward. With all the lapis they have been throwing and will throw at us this month, I don’t think that’s going to break me.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It takes like 2 turns with Best Unit (Garnet) though!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All these events are just making the FFIX one come out later, which means no 6* garnet.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Thanks for this and to others who replied. Sounds like I should be happy about Roy, but it'll be tough getting over my sunk-cost fallacy with Soleil.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hagie posted:

I think I’m going to be that guy and avoid the Esper mission reward. With all the lapis they have been throwing and will throw at us this month, I don’t think that’s going to break me.

Is it so hard to just autoattack for a turn or 3? The boss is so pathetic it likely can't even kill you even without buffs.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Uuuugh fine I’ll do it.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

:same:

Here's a question. I've got two Dark Knight Cecil's. Should I enhance both of them assuming I can ever get the crysts? I fully intend to get his 7*, and I also don't ever se myself using two of him.

Seven stars are not coming to Global at all, according to prediction

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
my prediction

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Here's a question. I've got two Dark Knight Cecil's. Should I enhance both of them

As someone who enhanced DKC on day 1 of release you should probably question enhancing one of them. Unless you need some power crysts and piles of gil to hold that bench down harder

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Just realized I could farm 2x Kryla TM, Marie's TM, and a Melody of life for a portable 100% All Elements resist build.

But... is that even useful for anything, really? Like any hard trial or anything?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

Just realized I could farm 2x Kryla TM, Marie's TM, and a Melody of life for a portable 100% All Elements resist build.

But... is that even useful for anything, really? Like any hard trial or anything?

It's awesome for Mystea on any elemental fight. That tactic sees a ton of use on JP with 3* esper fights.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I wouldn't bother enhancing either, maybe once 7* comes out you can enhance the one you want to promote. If you actually want to use one, and it really makes sense to have in your teams, you can do for one right now. But I maxed one out after his enhancements came out, and the only action he's seen is on expeditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Alright, has anyone else just had (e: some) touch-motions completely disabled on the app? I just lost my first arena match in months because I couldn’t select abilities. I could select attack and defend on every character and even click on them to use that action. But I absolutely could not get to the ability menu on anyone. That’s more demoralizing than just getting turn 1 full party statused/stopped.

Mostly just want to be sure I don’t have something screwy starting to happen with my phone.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 6, 2018

• Locked thread