Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/949071718731124736

What would be really funny is if Georgia wins anyway and this dumb motivational tactic doesn't work

Also Georgia fans winning a national championship after a long drought but having it be marred because they split it with UCF would make it doubly hilarious so I guess what I'm saying is I want Georgia to win now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I figured, except maybe Florida and Tech fans, folks would pull a bit more for UGA just due to Alabama fatigue but now the world is pulling for UCF.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

KKKLIP ART posted:

I figured, except maybe Florida and Tech fans, folks would pull a bit more for UGA just due to Alabama fatigue but now the world is pulling for UCF.

I'm a Florida fan and I am rooting for Georgia because of Alabama fatigue but UCF are definitely the 2017 National Champions™

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
UCF are champions, Georgia can take an asterisk, gently caress Alabama

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It’s always the drat strength and conditioning coach

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/yg/status/949045382696206336
I’m really excited to see what Kung Fu Kenny does

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't even know there was a runner-up trophy.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Chump Farts posted:

UCF are champions, Georgia can take an asterisk, gently caress Alabama

If the NCAA ignores what UCF is doing, then I think it will exist only for goons to troll UGA/Bama fans, etc. The official record will almost certainly be the playoff winner, with UCF maybe added as a note.

I couldn't care less about what UCF does, and think it's a beautiful troll to the system, which will likely be expanded to 8 teams sometime soon after this year. I've watched enough UGA football over my life that they couldn't ruin it for me making it this far.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 5, 2018

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

NickRoweFillea posted:

It’s always the drat strength and conditioning coach

Excuse you, Scott Cochran is a national treasure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vikingstrike posted:

If the NCAA ignores what UCF is doing, then I think it will exist only for goons to troll UGA/Bama fans, etc. The official record will almost certainly be the playoff winner, with UCF maybe added as a note.

I couldn't care less about what UCF does, and think it's a beautiful troll to the system, which will likely be expanded to 8 teams sometime soon after this year. I've watched enough UGA football over my life that they couldn't ruin it for me making it this far.

The NCAA doesn't actually sanction the playoff.

It never even sanctioned the BCS.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vikingstrike posted:

The NCAA doesn't award a title for FBS football

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

iospace posted:

I thought that changed with the playoff system introduction. Huh, never knew

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

boop the snoot posted:

I'm a Florida fan and I am rooting for Georgia because of Alabama fatigue but UCF are definitely the 2017 National Champions™

Same

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Has anyone talked about how awful Michigan fans were at their bowl game? The cameras showed them leaving with 3 minutes left and down by a single touchdown.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Democrazy posted:

Has anyone talked about how awful Michigan fans were at their bowl game? The cameras showed them leaving with 3 minutes left and down by a single touchdown.

Too much rap music on the PA.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

Same. I thought this year would top off at a SECCG appearance so all expectations exceeded.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Democrazy posted:

turns out they were right

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So we promoted Bryan McClendon to the OC gig full time. I'm...really not happy about this, and I'm tired of USC always just making internal moves whenever we have a chance to go out and get a difference-maker. I like B-Mac, but he's literally never been an OC before. This is a huge gamble on Muschamp's part and probably a bad one. Yeah, we won the Michigan game, but looked like absolute poo poo offensively for 2.5 quarters of it. But sure, let's be prisoners of the moment and promote this guy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

So we promoted Bryan McClendon to the OC gig full time. I'm...really not happy about this, and I'm tired of USC always just making internal moves whenever we have a chance to go out and get a difference-maker. I like B-Mac, but he's literally never been an OC before. This is a huge gamble on Muschamp's part and probably a bad one. Yeah, we won the Michigan game, but looked like absolute poo poo offensively for 2.5 quarters of it. But sure, let's be prisoners of the moment and promote this guy.

Muschamp is well-known for dynamite offensive hires, how can this be?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I love that muschamp spent the last two years telling people that if he'd just hired Roper earlier he'd still be at Florida and then almost immediately fired him

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

KKKLIP ART posted:

This would happen the one year where UGA actually exceeded expectations instead of stepping on its own dick

They didn't exceed expectations IMO, people who know what they are talking about and bet on this stuff have had UGA as one of the most talented teams in the country all year.

Sallee pre-season picked them for the title game.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lasagna Pilot posted:

They didn't exceed expectations IMO, people who know what they are talking about and bet on this stuff have had UGA as one of the most talented teams in the country all year.

Sallee pre-season picked them for the title game.

Counterpoint: UGA returned most everyone who almost lost to Nicholls State last season.

RumbleFish posted:

Counterpoint: Bryan McClendon is cool and is undefeated as UGA's head coach.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Warbird posted:

Excuse you, Scott Cochran is a national treasure.

Amen. I was down on the sidelines one time before a game just kinda meandering around and watching warm-ups, when all of a sudden Cochran runs up to me and screams "YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" in my face before running off.

Edit: To clarify, I'm a nobody who had never met him before

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

iospace posted:

lmao this should make what the playoff actually is even more apparent

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We're gonna go to 8 teams, and next year's semifinals will be Georgia, LSU, Bama, Ohio State with a Bama-LSU rematch for the title game.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

boop the snoot posted:

First of all, how dare you?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Pulling for Bama to win 24-6. I don't want UGA to dominate the SEC East for the next 15 years.

an adult beverage posted:

First of all, how dare you?

Agreed. Who are these supposed fans of the Gators?

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
South Alabama beat Troy, who beat LSU, who beat Auburn, who beat Georgia and Alabama. They get the MNC too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alabama doesn’t deserve nice things, but is swimming in a vault of trophies. This loss will not affect them negatively.

However UGA losing after waiting 37yrs for a title would be crushing and hilarious.

roll tide?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

Well there was also the rumors floating around that Pruitt wanted him on his staff as WR coach. As it stands I'm pretty sure that's the only position that hasn't been filled, though nothing official will be announced until after the NC.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the mean lunch lady posted:

lmao this should make what the playoff actually is even more apparent

An improvement on what they were doing before? They've never awarded titles at the DI-A/FBS level, it's not something unique to the current system

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
What the hell is the M in MNC stand for I've been wondering this for years

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quandary posted:

What the hell is the M in MNC stand for I've been wondering this for years

Mythical

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mythical

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I guess I just don't understand destroying hardware you can display in a case for recruits. Sure you didn't win the thing, but its not like you want to forget you were good enough to get there. Prb Bama don't care tho, but its a mentality I don't understand.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I guess I just don't understand destroying hardware you can display in a case for recruits. Sure you didn't win the thing, but its not like you want to forget you were good enough to get there. Prb Bama don't care tho, but its a mentality I don't understand.

Taking away one trophy isn't going to make Bama's trophy case look all that less impressive.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Not every trophy case looks like VT’s

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Haha what a bunch of jokers surely it cant mean that!

*googles*

oh.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

MourningView posted:

An improvement on what they were doing before? They've never awarded titles at the DI-A/FBS level, it's not something unique to the current system

Out of curiosity, why has the NCAA never awarded titles for football? Like, what is the difference between March Madness and the College Football Playoff? The number of teams? The way the teams are selected? Are there rules the NCAA would mandate on schools that they don't want to follow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Emron posted:

Not every trophy case looks like VT’s

LOL knew that was coming. Not like ours is barren tho.

Pakled posted:

Taking away one trophy isn't going to make Bama's trophy case look all that less impressive.

This is true.

My point is that was some pricey hardware you can display for a 1 off motivational tactic seems like a total waste especially since there is no guarantee they aren't just gonna slot the 2018 version right back in there.

• Locked thread