Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Just mail it all to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hauki posted:

Alright, so if I’m being serious it’s like a 30 gallon Rubbermaid full of mostly Skaven, with a good chunk of Dwarves, Empire and Wood Elves mixed in on top of some miscellaneous other models (orcs, lizard hen, ?). I think I got it all for like $100 a decade ago from a friend whose mom wanted it out of her garage. I’ve got enough other models and hobbies and stuff to paint for Good Games(tm) that now I, too, just want it gone. What’s the easiest way to do this, hopefully without having to actually ship the poo poo anywhere?

Depends where you live, I'm sure some goon will be willing to drive a few thousand miles for it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Philthy posted:

Depends where you live, I'm sure some goon will be willing to drive a few thousand miles for it.

Denver

I mean if someone actually wants to pay shipping on that many little pewtermans in a giant box I suppose I’m willing to entertain the idea, but I can’t imagine it’ll be cheap.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hauki posted:

Denver

I mean if someone actually wants to pay shipping on that many little pewtermans in a giant box I suppose I’m willing to entertain the idea, but I can’t imagine it’ll be cheap.

i live in denver, if you take a picture of the tub contents i might come take that garbage off your hands

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i live in denver, if you take a picture of the tub contents i might come take that garbage off your hands

And post the pic here so we can all look and go oooooooh

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hauki posted:

what if I have several boxes of loose poo poo that I don’t feel like sorting through

Post it up on ebay. "Mystery Oldhammer Box". You don't know what's in it, but it weighs x amount of pounds. Bidding starts at $40.

Edit: Or give it to a Goon willing to come cart it away from your home. But not after dark.

Don't trust the goons after dark.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Just chase em off with your garden hose

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Sure, I'll try to get a photo up this weekend.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
send me the box

no I dont want the models I just like boxes

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Moola confirmed for skeleton cat.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Hauki posted:

Alright, so if I’m being serious it’s like a 30 gallon Rubbermaid full of mostly Skaven, with a good chunk of Dwarves, Empire and Wood Elves mixed in on top of some miscellaneous other models (orcs, lizard hen, ?). I think I got it all for like $100 a decade ago from a friend whose mom wanted it out of her garage. I’ve got enough other models and hobbies and stuff to paint for Good Games(tm) that now I, too, just want it gone. What’s the easiest way to do this, hopefully without having to actually ship the poo poo anywhere?

Your local Craigslist. Take a few pictures and ask for $200, expecting to get $150. You will have to deal with a brief flurry of emails an a few time wasters that will offer you $50 and help take them off your hands, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Conversely call your local game stores and see if they sell stuff on consignment. I just picked up the Halfling Hotpot at a store from the consignment case for $15.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zuul the Cat posted:

Post it up on ebay. "Mystery Oldhammer Box". You don't know what's in it, but it weighs x amount of pounds. Bidding starts at $40.

Edit: Or give it to a Goon willing to come cart it away from your home. But not after dark.

Don't trust the goons after dark.

I can totally be trusted after dark, it's after midnight you have to worry about.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Your local Craigslist. Take a few pictures and ask for $200, expecting to get $150. You will have to deal with a brief flurry of emails an a few time wasters that will offer you $50 and help take them off your hands, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Conversely call your local game stores and see if they sell stuff on consignment. I just picked up the Halfling Hotpot at a store from the consignment case for $15.

For what it's worth, I've had a bunch of miscellaneous gaming stuff on craigslist for the last month+, I only bothered listing things that were still sealed or otherwise like new for a decent discount off current eBay rates for identical items since I presumably wasn't dealing with shipping, fees, etc. It's been a colossal waste of time for the most part, with virtually all of the interested parties demanding like another 30-50% discount which is to be expected, whatever, I'm willing to haggle. The weird part comes in where all of them expect me to like hand deliver the thing to whatever rural rear end corner of Colorado they live in, two hours' drive away and then get irrationally angry when I refuse and continue spamming my listing email with stupid poo poo for a week or two after.

I did finally sell my Horus heresy box for like 75% of eBay to a dude who met me in public, on time at an agreeable location instead of expecting me to drive 97 miles each way on a Tuesday night to his house for $40 or whatever.

What I'm saying is, I'm kinda over it right now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have a game store about 30 minutes away that buys used Warhams, last year I got $400 in store credit for ditching all mine. The guy who appraised 'Hams did admit though that I got more because I did go about sorting the sprues and assembled and/or painted things.

If you know of a place like that it's worth the effort. I was also unemployed at the time so I had nothing better happening that day.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Iron Crowned posted:

I can totally be trusted after dark, it's after midnight you have to worry about.

Maybe don't turn the hose on this goon.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Hauki posted:

For what it's worth, I've had a bunch of miscellaneous gaming stuff on craigslist for the last month+, I only bothered listing things that were still sealed or otherwise like new for a decent discount off current eBay rates for identical items since I presumably wasn't dealing with shipping, fees, etc. It's been a colossal waste of time for the most part, with virtually all of the interested parties demanding like another 30-50% discount which is to be expected, whatever, I'm willing to haggle. The weird part comes in where all of them expect me to like hand deliver the thing to whatever rural rear end corner of Colorado they live in, two hours' drive away and then get irrationally angry when I refuse and continue spamming my listing email with stupid poo poo for a week or two after.

I did finally sell my Horus heresy box for like 75% of eBay to a dude who met me in public, on time at an agreeable location instead of expecting me to drive 97 miles each way on a Tuesday night to his house for $40 or whatever.

What I'm saying is, I'm kinda over it right now.

That stinks. Sorry your local gamer community is filled with (more than the average amount) lovely people.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thats pretty much craigslist.txt

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

thats pretty much craigslist.txt

Apparently I've had strange luck then, both as a buyer and a seller. Other than sob story inquiries (can I have it for free because of sad reasons) I tend to get real replies and not too many time wasters.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
tbf ive only ever used craigslist to buy cars, but theres lots of sketchy poo poo and the possibility of being murdered lurks in the back of my mind while im searching

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
If Kung Fu Fist gently caress doesn't take it, I will. Also in Denver and already have to drive from up north all the way to the tech center every morning.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Man, I wish people in my area sold poo poo like that. Instead they want to give you $2 off retail for the army they've assembled (badly) and painted (badly).

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I live in the loving sticks, the only models available anywhere near me is all the way up in Seattle for just barely under market value. The best deal I ever got wasn't even on Craiglist anyway, it was at the local shop, so gently caress em. I'll just build up rapport at the shops and skip the stabbing chance.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm in Southeast Asia and have on occasion gotten some good deals from when some locals tried to get into Warhammer in the 90s and failed and finally decided to get rid of their unbuilt models. The foreigners who leave try to sell their stuff at 90% of retail and it's like, "No, that's not going to happen because I'm going to have to strip your lovely paintjob and that's worth the full price."

Also, there have been several generous goons willing to ship stuff out to me at cost or for free. You guys rule.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I pretty much threw out all my metal stuff ages ago because it was 100% lead.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I pretty much threw out all my metal stuff ages ago because it was 100% lead.

Suddenly Warhams makes so much more sense to me

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium we're all loving poisoning ourselves with our toys

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
First time I bought metals as a kid the shop assistant turned to my Mum to check that she was OK with me handling lead minis. I was maybe 9 at the time?

Scarily, that is the age of my nephew who I am now buying minis and paints for. I build and prime them because there is no way his mum is going to let him loose with craft knives and superglue.

But the day shall come. He starts secondary school this year and is excited about the prospect of Warhammer club, despite the fact I haven't introduced him to any GW stuff. Damned if I'm building and priming a hundred space marines for him!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So long as you don't chew on your partially lead minis you're probably fine. And I think my first knife injury was when I was assembling a Gundam kit when I was 11, it builds character.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
As his older brother. No comment.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

As my nephew's uncle; kid has a whole lot of character coming in his future.

Also, the older nephew.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Can't trust someone that does not have a childhood history of x-acto wounds and super gluing their fingers together.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
If you aren't doing bumps of resin dust for quick pick-me-ups, then you just do not belong in my hobby.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Two Beans posted:

If you aren't doing bumps of resin dust for quick pick-me-ups, then you just do not belong in my hobby.

sorry, I just inhale from fresh tcg boosters

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Exinos posted:

Can't trust someone that does not have x-acto wounds showing on their fingerprint scans.
FTFY.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Hauki posted:

sorry, I just inhale from fresh tcg boosters

Dear nephew does love his Pokemon's and that one is not on me. It took him awhile but I think he has figured out that Pokemon is one of the few nerd things I never got into and doesn't try to engage me on it so much lately.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Exinos posted:

Can't trust someone that does not have a childhood history of x-acto wounds and super gluing their fingers together.

Sounds like it's time to share this again

https://imgur.com/gallery/h4VGOxy

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Zark the Damned posted:

Sounds like it's time to share this again

https://imgur.com/gallery/h4VGOxy

He should've just superglued his cuts shut as they happened. Amateur.

Battle Mad Ronin
Aug 26, 2017

Groetgaffel posted:

He should've just superglued his cuts shut as they happened. Amateur.

Isn't that how the GIs used superglue in the Vietnam War?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't recommend using modern recipe so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hauki posted:

Sure, I'll try to get a photo up this weekend.

Don't think I'll have time to meet up anyway before I leave town, so I'll have to come back to this.