Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD enjoyed every minute of #NationalBirdDay, because she pretended to pull her hair back, but didn't, like what I see when I go down to the YMCA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I swear to god, oops, but okay, give me that one, I actually composed a reply to you that I ended up deleting because I realized it's an analogue of an extremely famous line from The Big Lebowski

But yes, shut up, no one here is going "oh yes hm the man* makes a good point"

*or whatever

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TRTExpert/status/949175877446742016
70's cloning gave us Solid Snake and Ellen.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is Ellen a clone, a robot or a chicken? WHICH IS IT?!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'll never quite understand the celebrity doppleganger conspiracy theory. Who would gain anything from replacing an entertainment figure with one who looks and acts the same?

Jurgan posted:

No religion can hold power and not become corrupt. Compare Jews in pogroms with the leadership of Israel, for example. That's exactly why secular government is good both for religious and non-religious people.

Oh yeah, Secular Government but allowing people freedom to worship and freedom of speech is the best thing. Faith is more honest if people are allowed to explore and express it themselves, and it stops Governments from becoming corrupt by using claims of divine right too.

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year posted:

I swear to god, oops, but okay, give me that one, I actually composed a reply to you that I ended up deleting because I realized it's an analogue of an extremely famous line from The Big Lebowski

But yes, shut up, no one here is going "oh yes hm the man* makes a good point"

*or whatever

It's not just my opinion though. You can see clear voting patterns and clear policies backed by Christians and they are loving terrifying.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Might as well rename this the fart huffer thread.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

CassandraSupreme posted:

It's not just my opinion though. You can see clear voting patterns and clear policies backed by Christians and they are loving terrifying.

Shut the gently caress uuuuuuup.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Not sure if that image is adorably naive or willfully ignorant.

CassandraSupreme posted:

Some Christians also back left wing poltics because people are indiviuals. Replace Christian with any other social status and you can see how generalising and silly that is. Do you think all muslims support terrorism? Or all straight people hate gay people? Or all trans people hate cis people? No, because again, people are people and have different opinons and beliefs regardless of what social groups they belong to.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Don't even bother, he's this guy https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=170900

Where is LoB to save us?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CassandraSupreme posted:

What is the thing you want to hear that'll end this to your satisfaction so you shut the gently caress up? Because I'm willing to say whatever it is.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In the meantime, Pixelated ‘how doesn’t everyone know this guy and what he does’ Boat made a post on Twitter pretending to be an excerpt from the Wolfe book saying Trump watches 17 hours of Gorilla TV a day and a huge amount of people who should know better think it’s real.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
To be fair, some just want to cling to the hope of a 24/7 gorilla channel.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Such peaceful animals *watches a channel devoted to them beating each other senseless*

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

OldMemes posted:

Not sure if that image is adorably naive or willfully ignorant.

Some Christians also back left wing poltics because people are indiviuals. Replace Christian with any other social status and you can see how generalising and silly that is. Do you think all muslims support terrorism? Or all straight people hate gay people? Or all trans people hate cis people? No, because again, people are people and have different opinons and beliefs regardless of what social groups they belong to.

Just some individuals. No major trends here or anything.

Weak man. Who cares about individuals, it's about demographics and as a demographic Christians are loving terrifying.

Demographically speaking, very few Muslims are terrorists. On the other hand, a supermajority of Christians are incredibly reactionary.

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SiKboy posted:

What is the thing you want to hear that'll end this to your satisfaction so you shut the gently caress up? Because I'm willing to say whatever it is.

I'm not the one who necro'ed my comment from multiple pages ago. You want to get angry at someone, get angry at Jurgen for creating the conversation.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

To be fair, Trump's time in the White House has gotten so crazy, that's the kind of thing he might do. Which is worrying in of itself.

CassandraSupreme posted:

Just some individuals. No major trends here or anything.

Weak man. Who cares about individuals, it's about demographics and as a demographic Christians are loving terrifying.

Demographically speaking, very few Muslims are terrorists. On the other hand, a supermajority of Christians are incredibly reactionary.

Generalising people is pretty silly and also pretty reactionary. If you're not trolling, I suggest going outside and meeting people, broadening your horizons, and stop pigeonholing people.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

God is real, and strong, and he is my friend

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

OldMemes posted:

Generalising people is pretty silly and also pretty reactionary. If you're not trolling, I suggest going outside and meeting people, broadening your horizons, and stop pigeonholing people.

The problem of tolerance is real. Not tolerating the intolerant is a necessary immune function in a healthy society.

Especially when people try to suck up to an intolerant population. Hillary Clinton trying to appeal to suburban voters by talking about how her personal friend Jesus annointed her as the next president was really bad.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

CassandraSupreme posted:

I'm not the one who necro'ed my comment from multiple pages ago. You want to get angry at someone, get angry at Jurgen for creating the conversation.
how about you get angry at yourself, for being enough of an idiot to get lost on the way to D&D

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CassandraSupreme posted:

Not what I was expecting you to want to hear, but here goes;

Now you've heard it, you've won or whatever so, y'know, off you gently caress.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CassandraSupreme posted:

The problem of tolerance is real. Not tolerating the intolerant is a necessary immune function in a healthy society.

Especially when people try to suck up to an intolerant population. Hillary Clinton trying to appeal to suburban voters by talking about how her personal friend Jesus annointed her as the next president was really bad.

Dude, seriously, drop it.

Come on.

Either you've got no stake in this - which makes your clinging to it absurd - or you absolutely do, in which case it's probably pretty unhealthy.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CassandraSupreme posted:

Shut the gently caress uuuuuuuuupppp.

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year posted:

Dude, seriously, drop it.

Come on.

Either you've got no stake in this - which makes your clinging to it absurd - or you absolutely do, in which case it's probably pretty unhealthy.

Nobody has stakes in President Donald Trump. *North Korea gets nuked*

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Oh my god, stop stop stop stop stop stop stop responding to CassandraSupreme and this will all end.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CassandraSupreme posted:

I tried, homey.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
loving hell dude i'm atheist as gently caress and even i find you to be an annoying prick

you are actively driving me towards religion

i am literally praying that god shuts you up

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

CassandraSupreme posted:

No offense, but you sound like a loving retard

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

stupid newbies

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CerealCrunch posted:

No offense, but you sound like a loving retard

It's like, I'm willing to grant that there is this weird segment of fundamentalist Christianity that has a diamond-hard erection for the end of the world so that their Nick Fury Santa Claus can install them in magical Shin Megami mansions while absolutely roasting the poo poo out of everyone that ever looked at them crosseyed, but that segment didn't elect Trump.

They may have voted for him, but they didn't elect him. You gotta accept some way uglier poo poo about human nature than "some people got read a book as a kid" to eat that entire worm in the apple.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Who's horny for IoSM???

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EL BROMANCE posted:

In the meantime, Pixelated ‘how doesn’t everyone know this guy and what he does’ Boat made a post on Twitter pretending to be an excerpt from the Wolfe book saying Trump watches 17 hours of Gorilla TV a day and a huge amount of people who should know better think it’s real.

It's kinda like that story about David Cameron putting his cock in a dead pig: whether he did it or not doesn't matter as much as the fact that most people hearing the story think "Yeah, that sounds like something he'd do."

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Roro posted:

Who's horny for IoSM???

Finally I can get laid!!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Cassandra is making people like me look bad, and that's annoying. I'm atheist too, but tend to be polite when dragged into church functions on special occasions, often discussing aspects of religion that I find interesting even if I don't subscribe to it, like the non-canonical stuff that doesn't make it into the bible.

I at least try to be less of an rear end.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Labes for days posted:

I know it was brought up a page or two back, but I would just like to point out that while they might have come from a Christian denomination or two, Unitarian Universalists are by definition not Christian; it's a creedless religion. You can have Christian, Pagan, atheist, etc UUs.

But yeah there are way too few and they are mostly old white people at this point. Fire and brimstone is unfortunately much more of a draw in this day and age. :(

Unitarians and Unitarian Universalist are two different sects. Unitarians are Christians who reject the trinity, while UU is religion in buffet form.

Slime posted:

loving hell dude i'm atheist as gently caress and even i find you to be an annoying prick

you are actively driving me towards religion

i am literally praying that god shuts you up

How many times do you come across one of these "let me contemptuously explain how religion is a toxic death cult" types and just start tuning them out in favor of the high school memories they invoke? "Yeah, I remember being sixteen and thinking people being annoyed by my clumsy edgelord opinions on religion meant I was really making a difference, too."

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

it's just Shbobd on a parachute account(-> rap sheet)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Elizabethan Error posted:

it's just Shbobd on a parachute account(-> rap sheet)

Oh, that guy? lol yeah gently caress that guy

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

CassandraSupreme posted:

Tell me more because I was a Christian and I'm almost an atheist now after reading all your posts.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Let's go get an abortion, and not pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sunswipe posted:

It's kinda like that story about David Cameron putting his cock in a dead pig: whether he did it or not doesn't matter as much as the fact that most people hearing the story think "Yeah, that sounds like something he'd do."

Ha, the bit in quotes is pretty much word for word how I explained that situation to people.