Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Glad I held off on buying the Netflix Punisher costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only have the Noir costume, so Iron Castle will probably be a pro buy. This is a weird collection of characters, not complaining but there's zero theme, unless these are just previews for 2018 releases.

And my shame level hit 5 today. I'm not sure what paywall character i'll work on next. Probably Carnage or Agent Venom.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They seem to do these weird mix packages sometimes. Medusa, Kate Bishop, and Iron Heart. Agent Venom, Whiplash, and Mantis. Spider-Man 2099, Absorbing Man, and Titania. I feel like the logic is that they always want to add SOMEONE when they do an update so when they have a small update with no big theme they just grab a mixed bag of filler characters (or costumes) to keep the train moving.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 5, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Is there an immunity to silence or do I just have to write off ABX combat villain day until I T2 Carnage (he's 20/20/20/19) and get his rotation down to avoid it with iframes? That's my worst ABX, I can get to 50k for most rewards on Dr Strange and Anti-Man days and easily zip past 100k with Wolverine, Nova and Quicksilver (used on freebie day too). I won't have Apoc for a while, and my Beast is still T1 though I have the uni that lets him lead Carnage. T1 Sandman is my third best and is tanky but does no damage yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was told there's no end around. You just have to dance around the hits and avoid getting the debuff.

Staying alive isn't really the problem I have with Carnage. I can avoid the hits enough to pull that off and my cooldown is low enough that I can just bounce between iframes. I just can't do enough damage. I have T2 Dark Beast, Carnage, and Sandman and I still can't break 70K or so those days. I keep feeding Carnage's Urus and Isos to see if he can inch up there but I've largely given up hope of getting 100K those days until I get Apocalypse.

I guess I should shift Venom back to a villain those days and get his teamup bonuses. And I just reroll my obelisk and try and get that damage bonus.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 5, 2018

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I was gonna make a post about that. I don’t really understand abx. I have t2 skurge and dark beast so I figure I should be able to do pretty well but I can never manage to break like 80k even when I think I’m having a good run . Maybe I just need to get much better at avoiding meteors and get better cards

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 5, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks STAC.

Reddit captured a taiwanese(?) post that was immediately removed that advertised escalating X23 packs for crystals that give her x-genes plus gold and stuff so it looks like she won't be a native T2 like her clone dad.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Opened up 4 friend spots, please add Grummun!

I am so lonely

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

bagrada posted:

Is there an immunity to silence or do I just have to write off ABX combat villain day until I T2 Carnage (he's 20/20/20/19) and get his rotation down to avoid it with iframes? That's my worst ABX, I can get to 50k for most rewards on Dr Strange and Anti-Man days and easily zip past 100k with Wolverine, Nova and Quicksilver (used on freebie day too). I won't have Apoc for a while, and my Beast is still T1 though I have the uni that lets him lead Carnage. T1 Sandman is my third best and is tanky but does no damage yet.

Immunity to snare obelisk is what you need.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Just got a login reward of 20 biometrics including, apparently, 'exclusive' characters like Carnage and Agent Venom and whatnot. Should I go ahead and grab one of those hard-to-get guys, or will they be basically impossible to rank up without spending money & I would be better served focusing on one or two of the characters in the 'hard-to-acquire' category instead?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You can use tickets on them but two star and three star tickets are pretty rare to come across.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

And even if you use 6 star mega tickets on them they aren't great until you also get the bios to take their gear from 15-20 and, for most of them, 150 more bios or a T2 ticket to T2 them. I spread myself way too thin between the bio sub and various new player and holiday mega ticket rewards and now I have about 10 6/6/60 characters that sat around mostly* useless for months because their gear was crap or because they aren't helpful until T2.

*still good for the first two villain sieges and for running through coop missions, you want as many as you can at 4/x/40 or better for that.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Agent Venom, Spider-Man 2099 and Valkyrie are all good for a Shadowland clear even at T1. Quasar is probably pretty good too but I haven't ranked her up yet.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Enchantress is also good.

Zokari fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 6, 2018

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I have no idea what to spend my 3* and 6* free newbie chests on either. I've got Sharon Rogers going through the Hero Journey, and a Cpt. Marvel that's already up to 4*, plus the ones the story piles biometrics on you for (Cap/IronMan/Widow, seems like) and a 6* Thor that the movie tie-in just gave me...
Is it safe to start picking up whatever seems cool? Are their any notable trap-picks? How is Hulkbuster?

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Ghost of Starman posted:

I have no idea what to spend my 3* and 6* free newbie chests on either. I've got Sharon Rogers going through the Hero Journey, and a Cpt. Marvel that's already up to 4*, plus the ones the story piles biometrics on you for (Cap/IronMan/Widow, seems like) and a 6* Thor that the movie tie-in just gave me...
Is it safe to start picking up whatever seems cool? Are their any notable trap-picks? How is Hulkbuster?

Hulkbuster is outdated and not very good.

Here's a slightly outdated tier list via Reddit. I mostly agree with this ranking. Obviously the paywalls are some of your best characters, but there's also some great early F2P picks like the X-Men, Loki, Yellowjacket and Sandman that will go a long way.

Note that this list doesn't have The Ultimates, nor do we know if there's gonna be any way to acquire them post-lootboxes. Blue Marvel and Anti-Man are ridiculously good characters if you can get them (you get a 6* Blue Marvel from completing the last story stage, but that isn't gonna happen without a deeper bench).

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Ghost of Starman posted:

With 147 characters, there are plenty of traps out there. I'm not sure how else to do this - I've been playing since the beginning and these are the characters I have up to this point and I've considered UNWORTHY of investing in after getting about 50 T2's. I have them at 6* and 12 gears, but I probably won't take them further than that.

Absorbing Man
Crossbones
Deathlok
Drax
Giant Man
Gorgon
Hogun
Hulkbuster
Hulkling
Jessica Jones
Nebula
She-Hulk
Ulik
Volstagg
Warwolf
White Tiger
Daisy
Lash
Lincoln
Malekith
Maximus
Moon Girl
Mysterio
Rocket
Star Lord
Whiplash
Ant Man
Black Cat
Fandral
Gamora
Hellcat
Karnak
Misty Knight
Sin
Spider Gwen
Squirrel Girl
Wong

So pick someone cool who isn't on this list, and don't spend biometric selectors on someone farmable and you should be solid.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Just got a login reward of 20 biometrics including, apparently, 'exclusive' characters like Carnage and Agent Venom and whatnot. Should I go ahead and grab one of those hard-to-get guys, or will they be basically impossible to rank up without spending money & I would be better served focusing on one or two of the characters in the 'hard-to-acquire' category instead?

You get three days of that as a new player. I recommend unlocking Enchantress, Agent Venom and maybe Spiderman 2099.

No, you cannot level them up normally without spending more money. BUT this is the only way to unlock them at all without spending money, and just unlocking them has some (very minor) benefits like being able to use them for a bonus in villain siege and like +1% for a stat. Also, if you ever get a spare mega-6 ticket you can plunk it on them to bring them to 6* (not T2 though.) All three of those are good enough to clear a SL stage solo at T1 so you still get a good value. Enchantress in particular gains little from her T2 and can clear a SL stage up to the 20's by herself with a touch of luck.

Other than those you COULD just get 60 bios for whomever but honestly since this is the one chance to even unlock the paywall people you might as well. :shrug:

For the 6* unlock, Loki is still a good option. He'll get you a jump start on a couple days of Alliance Battle (you should be in an alliance if you're not btw, just apply to one of the goon ones and say your in-game name in here.)

In terms of traps, just avoid people at the bottom here I guess:

It's all T2 so T1 stuff isn't QUITE the same but you might as well build with an eyeball towards T2ing people eventually.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

A couple of the ones in that list aren't TERRIBLE. None are hidden gems exactly but I make good use out of:

Tom Gorman posted:

Giant Man - Duo a combat rumble with him and HB
Gorgon - Good leadership, that's it.
Hulkbuster - See GM. All attack leadership isn't awful.
Nebula - With her uni can solo an early lady relay
She-Hulk - has the best leadership in the game for some very specific cases.
Volstagg - actually pretty good in SL once you get his rotation down.
Warwolf - Good buff at T2, can pull some shenanigans at t1 but probs not worth it at this point. Same is true of Daisy.
White Tiger - Really good in SL! Can solo stage 1 relay pretty easily.
Lincoln - useful-ish leadership
Maximus - Decent villain for SL.
Moon Girl - Good leadership. Okay in SL -- the fact that her dino is combat and she's blast is annoying, but even if he does no damage he can stunlock an enemy.
Mysterio - Can solo clear rumbles in SL. Damage is poor but he has an easy iframe rotation.

There are a couple others -- I did a stage with Crossbones - Sin - Whiplash and it worked okay. In general though most of these would be bad choices for investing in early though. Can also use Wong / Jessica Jones / Luke Cage's leaderships to cheese some stuff (they all give physical immunity.)

Oh and last week in Conquest a defending T1 squirrel girl killed both Cable and Cyclops (both T2 and geared out). I can't explain this.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 6, 2018

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no
I’d probably go for Loki, Hela and Shehulk if you buy the $4 6* selector as well as the 2 they give you anyway.

This assumes your prepared to spend a little on starks stash at least cause you’re going to want unis for all 3.

Loki is really good in most modes and when you get his uni to mythic you get a pretty nice card which will help out a ton early on.

Hela is decent and has a really good leadership. She’s reasonably farmable but again at some point you’ll want to get her uni to mythic as you get a fancy obelisk. This takes quite a lot of bios so it’s good to have her at 6* early

Shehulk is terrible but she has the best leadership in the game by quite a way and isn’t easy to get. The only way to level her is the daily bio chests or tickets.

There are certainly better characters than Hela and Shehulk but having their leaderships will help you tackle content you’d otherwise struggle with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just t2'd Ancient One and Mysterio, next will be Hulk, Kraven, Quasar, Valkyrie and America. I still need more villains for SL

I T2'd a bunch of not great characters but more because they're among my favorites, thats why I did it with Squirrel Girl, Kate and Angela.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been T2ing a million useless characters because the Story ones are so cheap now and just kind of happen. Luke Cage, Mockingbird, Punisher, Winter Soldier, Green Goblin, Vision, etc. I just did Venom and I'll probably do Iron Man in a few days when I have 500 chaos stones again. Then I think Elektra and Daredevil are ready to bump. None of them are terribly useful but they're just so drat cheap and easy now.

I used T2 tickets today on Hulk and Mantis. Hulk I have the Ragnarok costume so I'm gonna take him for a spin and see what he can do since my alliance mates were hyping him up. Mantis probably didn't need it since she was already beating waves and rumbles in Shadowland but I've been on the fence about her for awhile so at least now its off the table. I'll get a new ticket in a week and I'm either gonna use it on Silk or save it for one of the pay characters, I think. Maybe Hela. America Chavez also seems like a potential option since she seems ok but not great so maybe T2 is the push she needs.

Its all kind of academic because I'm consistently stalling out on Floors 26 or 27 in Shadowland and think I just need to work on the big native T2 people for those last few stages. But maybe if I do enough of these I can team them up and manage to save my big guns for a little later.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Speaking of T2'ing useless characters:

Wong now T2:

Next up, rolling a gear...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness all those story people probably aren't totally useless. I soloed a Shadowland stage with Vision last week, Winter Soldier can now tag with my previously useless Falcon and free Captain America to do his own thing, I know I used Mockingbird effectively but can't remember how, and Luke Cage and Venom both seem like potential options and I bet like a Punisher, Cage, someone else team would work.

But like I said, its all kind of moving chairs around because I'm at that Floor 27 ceiling in Shadowland so saving a few people doesn't really change much unless i get lucky. Last week I had Loki and a bunch of other T2s and they just couldn't do anything because of the specific floor requirements. So I need those big damage fuckers, I think.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Here's a mini guide for NEW to NEW-ISH players wondering who to spend their SELECTORS on. This means the bios you get from the daily chests, Shadowlands, free gifts, login events.

I guess nobody is TOTALLY useless, except for Gamora, Wong and Drax. Like Vision can be usable, but I'd recommend going for about 120 different characters first. Sure you can clear a sub 5 SL floor with whoever if you have them geared, but here's my shortlist for people wanting to know who to spend their poo poo on and focus on first, which seems to get asked a lot.

USE SELECTORS ON:

SHARON ROGERS (Captain America)
Just get her first. Top character in the game. If you don't get her first everyone will laugh at you.

Mantis
Your blast hero. She is indestructible in Shadowlands and WB and will give you a win on any floor where she has the DPS to clear it. Pair her with an all attack or energy leadership. Attack ISO set, Ignore Defense and Damage proc obelisk. She doesn't die to anyone. Just crank that DPS to make it go faster.

Robbie Reyes (Ghost Rider)
Your universal, Robbie GR is made of iframes. Go 4-3-5, and if you have your Skill Cooldown high, you won't have a window to get hit. He does great damage with Satana, Hela, Red Hulk, or any energy damage leadership.

Hulk (you HAVE to buy the uniform. it won't disappoint you)
Combat. You HAVE to buy the uniform. Save your crystals. It turns Hulk from a D+ hero to an A+ force of nature. It is a drastic change and a priority for your crystals. Ragnarok Hulk gives you a great leadership, mini-Wolverine self heals and great damage. He's the #1 non-paywall, non-native T2 combat character. If you absolutely can't spend the crystals, then get Titania or She-Hulk. Titania is quite good, is selector only, and has one of the best leaderships. She gets the edge over She-Hulk, because she is FAR more useful in combat while having a similar leadership with a similar drawback. They're both going to see a lot of play.

Silk OR Elsa Bloodstone
Speed. These are both great choices but Elsa will require a costume. If you aren't going to shell out for the costume, she belongs in the dumpster. Silk is much more effective in PVP, and overall I think she's slightly better than Elsa in Shadowlands, especially in rumbles. Meanwhile Elsa is better in World Boss and Alliance Battle. Pick which is more important to you. They've been in the meta for a loooong time but they're still the best speed options you want to use your selectors on. You can get Elsa from CHAOS CHESTS from villian siege too, so take that into consideration.

Loki
Work on getting his bios from dimension rifts. Once the above 4 are finished up, dump those bios into Loki to finish him.

After you have these characters, you have 5 daily World Boss clears, 1 powerful hero in each class you can only get from selectors, and a good foundation.

FARMABLES

Spider-Man
He's amazing, you can get him in the regular story missions and doesn't require a uniform, but he's much better with Homecoming. Will help in every single game mode. Every story mode character is okay to have sure why not but they're peanuts compared to Spider-Man, so don't worry about farming others until you have him in good shape.

SPECIAL MISSIONS

Sandman
Top-tier combat character. He's really solid in every mode.

Kraven
The best speed hero you can get from special missions by a mile, and the second-best farmable speed character behind Spider-Man.

Crystal
The best blast. Wiccan and Songbird are close behind, but Crystal edges them out. Plus you get hidden routes for farming the quest packs.

After you finish these 3, work on Wiccan and Songbird, then whoever you want.

WHAT PAYWALL CHARACTER?
If you shell out for funbux, Spider-Man 2099 will help shore up the shallow speed class roster. Enchantress and Agent Venom are both equal in my eyes, with AV having a useful leadership, with Enchantress providing safer clears in WB and Shadowland. Then get the others. Valkyrie is only good at T2, so that's 2 months of subbing. She's marginally useful team filler at T1.

WHAT SPECIAL MISSION SHIFTER?
Vulture > Inferno > Gwenpool

I would still use this ranking if every character had uniforms and T2s, but they will all be way more effective.This progression also gives you hidden routes for quest pack completion.

WHY NOT GET...?

Iron Fist
He's story farmable, and requires T2 and his hobo suit to be relevant

Venom
Story farmable, requires Anti-Venom uniform

Moon Knight
Doesn't die, but has problems killing things before timers run out unless you have him juiced up. Needs T2 to be usable.

Once you have these fleshed out, you have all the tools to do the actual killing. Start thinking about getting those native T2s to 60 and farming more bad characters with good leaderships to give you more teams.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 6, 2018

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

^ yeah to all that but also sharon rogers first.

Well, I support White Tiger from special missions too. Less important now that you have a choice on stage 1 I guess; before they patched SL she was a lock.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

NmareBfly posted:

^ yeah to all that but also sharon rogers first.

Well, I support White Tiger from special missions too. Less important now that you have a choice on stage 1 I guess; before they patched SL she was a lock.

Haha, I added that to the top. I figure everyone gets yelled at to use their starting ticket on Sharog.

White Tiger is really decent, yeah. Doc Ock is my choice for that stage 1 clear, I think he's a little better and easier to farm. They'll both do some work in the first handful of floors.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Doc Ock is great, he can solo Destroyer boss up to the mid teens with a decent leadership at T1.

Mysterio is definitely not one to be slept on. Popular opinion on him is that his damage is a bit underwhelming, but he's got good AoE and is pretty much iframe city. Solos rumbles and waves alike.

Lincoln solos rumbles up to the late teens even before his T2, and extends his invuln to teammates too.

I wouldn't prioritize any of these three, but they definitely have value and are worth considering once you've got more T2s under your belt. Other than that, everything else said has been pretty much spot on.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Thank you all; that has been very helpful. (may have wasted some of my earlier free character chests / bio selectors, but at least I know what to work towards now)

Who would be good candidates for the "free mastery" upgrades that I've received? Got a 5->6*, an instant 3*, and an instant 6* Mastery ticket. (and for that matter, who I should be focusing my Norn Stones towards)

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 6, 2018

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Personally I would use the mastery ones for either combat or universal. Because combat norns are used for upgrading the 2 attack urus and unis are used right now in the lab to get bios for Ant-Man, nova , etc

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
New Falcon uni? Probably still gonna suck but at least he looks better.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Oh, that's good to know too. I meant more in terms of the characters I have now, or will be angling for based on recommendations above.
Like, I could slap a 6* Mastery on either Thor or Loki, but simple elemental resists don't seem very good.
Captain Marvel grants an energy attack; that seems good? Or hold on to them for any of the aforementioned "these heroes are mediocre but have amazing leadership abilities"

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Ghost of Starman posted:

Oh, that's good to know too. I meant more in terms of the characters I have now, or will be angling for based on recommendations above.
Like, I could slap a 6* Mastery on either Thor or Loki, but simple elemental resists don't seem very good.
Captain Marvel grants an energy attack; that seems good? Or hold on to them for any of the aforementioned "these heroes are mediocre but have amazing leadership abilities"

Cap. Marvel is a good choice for mastery upgrades, since she has a 30% energy leadership that you can use on a lot of teams. When this character is in the leader spot (middle), they apply to ALL your team members.

The best, priority masteries to upgrade are the ones that give % based damage upgrades, so:

All attack:
Anti-Man, Moon Girl, America Chavez, Ultron, Hyperion, Sin, Wiccan, She-Hulk (48% damage to MALE characters only, 55% w/ uniform), Shang Chi, Hulkbuster, Hogun

All attack + defense:
Cyclops (uses M'Krann shards), Wasp, Kid Kaiju

Physical attack:
Beast (uses M'Krann shards), Gorgon, Titania (combat only), Hulk, Elsa Bloodstone, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Ulik, Punisher, Lizard, Deathlok, Crossbones, Agent Venom

Energy attack:
Hela, Ironheart, Star-Lord (blast only), Ancient One (blast only), Crystal, Cap. Marvel, Black Bolt, Singularity, MODOK, Lash

Elemental
Satana, Red Hulk, Lincoln, Misty Knight

Universal only:
Ronan, Medusa

This list leaves out native T2s since they don't use norn stones. Bold characters are farmable for free. Cap. Marvel, Elsa and Lash are farmable, but they'll take longer.

Slot one of these guys as your leader, and fill your team with heroes with that damage type. This matters way more than the "team-up bonuses" the game has. A team up bonus might give you 5% attack and some other random stats, which is worse than getting 30% attack, for instance.

Get a good leader with a dmg bonus, your "main" attacker, then your third spot, throw in someone who maybe has a team up bonus with one of your other guys.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jan 6, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I said my team could handle anything? yea no Apocalypse took Wanda, Jean and Logan apart with zero effort when i finally unlocked his world boss stage last night.

Its when he starts his giant fist attacks, if you get caught in them, it one shots whomever is there.

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001
Doctor Goons has 10 spots open right now, could be 13 if we bumped people that haven't logged in 2+ weeks. We're Lvl 30, close to having a maxed out alliance store. We could probably absorb a smaller alliance if anyone wanted to merge. We lost a bunch of people after the loot boxes were added.

Trapper John fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 6, 2018

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yooooo

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I have a level 60 Punisher. I figured I would farm him to Tier 2 for his new uniform.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
For the first time did 100 percent on a co op mission and we all failed it. It was beautiful. :cabot:

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Just got Blue Marvel man from the story missions, what's the best kind of Obelisk for him? Are any of the CTP's a good idea for him?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Where do you guys get all your CTPs from? I've only gotten one and it was from a the Cinematic thing. The way you guys talk about them it sounds like you all have a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008