Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've never done a theatre vote before, what do I do? :ohdear:

edit: Quoting for top of page:

PoptartsNinja posted:

“With respect.”

Sitting in seiza, Robert Korean didn’t move so much as a centimeter as he made his measured reply. Hanse had attempted, against Chandrasekhar Kurita’s recommendation, to sit in seiza precisely once. He’d regretted it after less than ten minutes, and had felt the attempt in his knees for a few days afterwards. Momentarily, he envied the young.

“Someone must watch the Hell’s Horses, and doubly-so watch those who would seek to exploit them. I will walk among the Hell’s Horses, and I will report on them honestly. If they are making an effort to change, I shall report that. If they are not, I shall request you destroy them. Utterly and without pity.”

Robert’s dark brown eyes looked almost black in the dim light. His face was as devoid of joy as any Hanse had ever met, possessing instead the grim countenance of one who had not only been told the greatest duty he could perform for his country was sweeping manure, but who had likewise decided to carry out that duty to the best of his ability.

Hanse tipped his head, “The worlds they will be granted are those that have been the most devastated by the constant struggles between the Combine and the Suns. If the Hell’s Horses can’t return the old factories to full functionality, no one can. I expect the challenge will be to their liking,” he pressed his fingertips together, “but if it isn’t, and if defending the worlds of the Draconis Combine and Federated Suns isn’t enough challenge for them, we’ll be ready to finish them for good.”

Robert tipped his head in turn. “I have my doubts, but the Hell’s Horses shall find me an incorruptible watchdog. I do have a more personal request: after the Hell’s Horses took Luthien, I was separated from someone. I have not found her yet, but—”

“Say no more.” Isoroku Kurita interrupted, “Give her name to my aide, we shall find her for you.”

Red Dawn
Jumping farther than 30 light years is impossible, provided your end goal is to keep the jump drive intact. With a staggering disregard for a JumpShip’s reusability and enough applied mathematics, a JumpShip can be sent anywhere in the known universe. This knowledge was lost with the fall of the Star League, but even before the sheer waste of billions and the exponentially increasing risk of a misjump meant that the purely theoretical “long jump” had never been attempted under any circumstances. Before now.

Clairvaux
The first Crusade was a failure, plagued by infighting and collaborators and dancing to the tune of a disgraceful traitor. Failure cannot be tolerated, and traitors will be the first put to the sword. Only the True Clans can bring Kerensky’s peace to the fallen and the animalistic barbarians of the Inner Sphere alike!

Plan D
Incensed by the death of Stefan Amaris VI, the cybernetically-enhanced soldiers of the Rim Worlds Army and their mercenary allies have begun the final campaign to drive Clan forces from Andurien and secure the fledgling Republic’s place in history as one of the Inner Sphere’s great powers. Their goal is no longer the humiliation of the enemy, but its complete destruction.

Combat Theater Vote:
A) Red Dawn (Campaign)
B) Clairvaux (Campaign)
C) Plan D (Campaign)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
A

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

C, It's time we finish the fight and get paid.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I really want to go with C to make sure our favorite mercs get out of there safely but I'm going to have to go with A here.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A Wolverines!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

A

Jump it!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Before you start bandwagoning something you're not certain of.

This is our last shot at these missions, so make sure it's the one you really want to see.

This is basically my reaction, now.

Curse your alluring vote options, PTN!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A

Into the great dark beyond!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I've never done a theatre vote before, what do I do? :ohdear:

Just vote for whichever one you want to see the most, it's just a Combat Theater vote that lasts for more than one mission as it's a campaign instead.

As for my own vote, I have no idea which looks most interesting to me. None of them grab me right off of the bat from the descriptions, but I guess I'm least ambivalent about A right now. Not voting yet, could be convinced on the merits of any particular choice.

And yay, Rozinski Ami reference. Hope the DracSuns find her ok and she gets reunited with Robert.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just noticed in the map that the Duchy of New Syrtis and the Taurian Concordat merged...

GhostStalker posted:

Just vote for whichever one you want to see the most, it's just a Combat Theater vote that lasts for more than one mission as it's a campaign instead.

As for my own vote, I have no idea which looks most interesting to me. None of them grab me right off of the bat from the descriptions, but I guess I'm least ambivalent about A right now. Not voting yet, could be convinced on the merits of any particular choice.

And yay, Rozinski Ami reference. Hope the DracSuns find her ok and she gets reunited with Robert.
Got it, thank you!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I just noticed in the map that the Duchy of New Syrtis and the Taurian Concordat merged...

That tends to be the result of someone going all

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
B, because I never will vote for anything that might be a RWR scenario.

Though this time I might be outnumbered.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

LeadSled posted:

A. Hell, this time the Wolverines are on the invading side! Maybe.

I'm pretty sure they are; didn't Uncle Stefan pretty much give the Mission to the Wolverines?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

C: Plan D.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Fraction Jackson posted:

B, because I never will vote for anything that might be a RWR scenario.

May I ask why not?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
They're all tasty. I'd go for each and every one of them if I could.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

A, where we're going we won't need eyes to see.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

I think Option C is the best. Come on, we need to get to throw the Manei Domini at something sometime in this LP because they are cool, good, and ridiculously fun.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Red dawn is going to win, but I'm voting for C because it'll give the Republic a boost!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

C for the chance to see the Demon Hawks again, even if only in the background.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

dis astranagant posted:

That tends to be the result of someone going all

Didn't that happen in one of the Political votes when it came out that the CapCon was responsible for the dropship "accident" that killed Concordat Protector Calderon because of Justin Xiang shenanigans? And the Duchy decided to surrender and merge because they didn't like being played for fools and figured Hasek was going crazy (because unbeknownst to them, he was replaced by a Cappie body double again plotted by Xiang?), to better take revenge on the CC?

I seem to remember something like that happening, but damned if I can find the Political Vote where that happened or the aftermath where it was described.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A, Red Dawn. I think I might be up to play this round and you better believe I want to destroy some Clan filth.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It's time to jump like no one has jumped before! (jumping is lostech.)

A.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
B, because playing as the Clans is an excellent reason to be recklessly aggressive. After sneaking around most of last mission, I wanna blow some poo poo up right proper like.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I really would like to know what happens on andurien!

But A seems so cool!

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
A Because no plan called Red Dawn and involving the intentional destruction of a jump ship to cover a vast distance in a single leap could possibly end up with anything other than glorious battle.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
C.

I'd actually prefer to see Red Dawn, but C sounds fun enough that I want it to have a fighting chance.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
A.

Wolverines!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

C.

I'd actually prefer to see Red Dawn, but C sounds fun enough that I want it to have a fighting chance.

This is basically what I was thinking. I want both A and C to succeed, and if A is going to win comfortably, I might as well throw my vote to C to try and make sure Andurien doesn't fall. I doubt Uncle Stevie's corpse is in any condition to give a proper burial to, after a bunch of Clan assassins got through with it, but we can at least punt them off the world and make the plan the NRWR is banking on hopefully succeed. :patriot:

C.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
A

I want to get back on Uncle Stevie's Wild Ride.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A

Where we're going we won't need drives to jump.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

A! Hail, Wolverines!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

C

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B. Let's start the Wars of Reaving early!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm mostly just tired of the NRWR and two of the three options involve them.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
A

Hallelujah, it's raining men.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
A seems craziest!

And awwww at the update.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

A.

Adbot