Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
All Random, All Mid, All Players on Their Special Account With Only Lux Xareth Teemo Jayce Vel'Koz And Ezrael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I only play ARAM and I buy every champ I can afford and never reroll. :)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like it's hard to find a character magical footwear isn't great on, just hands you 350g and instant item delivery and permanent +10 movement, it's automatically giving you a kills worth of gold and then some.

The numbers seem to back it up with it being the highest win % choice for nearly everyone who takes it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 6, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its sort of dumb how many champs are viable/actually just really good with like, aery or comet/manaflow band/transcendence/scorch with a secondary of magical footwear/cosmic insight.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

sucks to your rear end-mar posted:

I only play ARAM and I buy every champ I can afford and never reroll. :)

I'll kick your rear end.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

uguu posted:

I'll kick your rear end.

Unlikely, I've had seven penta kills in ARAM since this summer. I am the ARAM master. :)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like it's hard to find a character magical footwear isn't great on, just hands you 350g and instant item delivery and permanent +10 movement, it's automatically giving you a kills worth of gold and then some.

The numbers seem to back it up with it being the highest win % choice for nearly everyone who takes it.

Inspiration has become my default second tree just because 4 free potions and free boots are so god drat good for laning, especially in top lane where you have TP if you need to recall before 10 minutes.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

duck trucker posted:

It's all random all mid not all be a little bitch if you don't get the champ you want all mid.

I have three accounts and I frequently dodge arams until I get Lux or better

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mods send out some bans or 100k hour probes here this execrable bile is spreading we need to contain the aram account players before lurkers think this is acceptable

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
aram is poo poo and always has been poo poo and always will be poo poo

worst mode in every single doter

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Only champ I can think of is kayle, since she likes to buy tier 2 boots on her first back to help with kiting sometimes against darius and other melee fighters.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

I just treat ARAM as a practice tool. Even if you have to play some garbage champ in a bad comp, you're still learning how to play against other champs, the strengths/weaknesses of the champ you're playing, and getting the muscle memory necessary for things like quickly Flashing away from danger. A significant portion of regular ol' Summoner's Rift is spent on not directly fighting, and that can leave you at a deficit in terms of having the reflexes and game knowledge necessary to survive pitched teamfights, which ARAM can help to ameliorate.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
My counter argument: Aram is ten thousand times better than summoners rift and dota is for pedophiles.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish we had ranked URF.

Edit: Or Ranked URF Magma Chamber.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

the genre is called hon-clone not doter, and aram will never match up to dominion custom capture the teemo which was actually the best game mode and riot hosed up by not implementing it

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Singed wants to buy boots before 10 minutes in like 70%+ of matchups.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Bring back Dominion.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I recently played League of Legends and had fun. :)

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Asymmetric multiplayer mode. 5 vs. Teemo.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
ARAM is fun if you roll anything with poke or a tank / something with hard engage that can reasonably build tank. (So really most champs.)

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The only thing I don't like about aram is the people who say "we lost at champ select", as if TSM's starting lineup wouldn't be able to crush your silver aram game with 5 iverns or whatever

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

unfortunately due to a thing called match making, team comps do matter

edit: altho someone who is gonna get salty and immediately declare the game is over probably sucks to play with anyway

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Monicro posted:

The only thing I don't like about aram is the people who say "we lost at champ select", as if TSM's starting lineup wouldn't be able to crush your silver aram game with 5 iverns or whatever

There are some champs who absolutely wreck anything in ARAM if you have any idea how to play them, Ashe probably being the best example.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Did this rando just compare himself to the best of the best in NA, the best and only region in the LCS? Does this kid seriously think he can compare himself to Bjerg, Hauntz0r, Mythic, Zend, and of course Jungler? He's going to walk out of here with a broken legs.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
What I'm saying is that with enough skill and coordination you will 100% be able to beat a team of solo queue players who have been playing the game casually for 5 months no mater what champs are in play, and therefore it's not decided at champ select you just need to Get Good

granted if you too are a solo queue player whose been playing the game casually for 5 months then yes obviously there may be an upper limit of your ability to win a given game if you're at enough of a disadvantage, but that's user error rather than a fault of the mode and arguably something true of summoner's rift games as well

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Monicro posted:

You can absolutely lose in champ select in aram. Playing a low dmg or low engage comp into a team with a couple of 60%+ winrate champs is absolute hell

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

Because you can't buy buy 25 province defence?

Vermain posted:

I just treat ARAM as a practice tool. Even if you have to play some garbage champ in a bad comp, you're still learning how to play against other champs, the strengths/weaknesses of the champ you're playing, and getting the muscle memory necessary for things like quickly Flashing away from danger. A significant portion of regular ol' Summoner's Rift is spent on not directly fighting, and that can leave you at a deficit in terms of having the reflexes and game knowledge necessary to survive pitched teamfights, which ARAM can help to ameliorate.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

uguu posted:

Because you can't buy buy 25 province defence?

how DARE you

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Guys, I'm gonna play something other than ADC for the new season.

Thinking support or jungle. Any strong arguments either way?

I'm terrible at paying attention to the map, so I think either role will help with that.

Or I become a Fiora top one trick.

Thread decides.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

support sion

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Play warrior duskblade jungle j4

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Play warrior duskblade jungle j4

do this

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Man, I'm praying for another patch before S8 starts, because botlane's in a really tedious state right now. Aftershock remains busted and the prevalence of dual Relic starts means that every lane bully except for Zyra and Draven is close to useless. You're either playing some meathead engage support, or you're playing Janna, and your ADC is loving Vayne 25% of the time either way.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

amazeballs posted:

I'm terrible at paying attention to the map, so I think either role will help with that.

Thread decides.

jungle or support seem to be the two spots that are always looking for a switch, so you should have quick queues at the least.

I always love having a competent support and jungler.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

amazeballs posted:

Thread decides.

Jungle is by far the most masochistic role, play support.

E: also real talk competent flora mains are scary

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 7, 2018

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't like it on hard engage supports. I like rushing mobis and becoming a terrifying spectre haunting the enemy solo laners.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Support will be easier to learn than jungle if you ADC already. You'll already be familiar with the matchups and you know what your lane partner expects. The main thing to learn will be the vision game.

Jungle is its own beast and as you know plays completely different to everything else

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

top is the second least popular role recently so it wouldn't be hard to get constantly, but if you have bad map awareness and only play fiora you're either gonna lose a whole lot of games or get really good map awareness

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Support Aatrox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

You need map awareness to play Fiora now because your opponent will rush bramble vest and become unfightable until like 2 items and you'll have to make plays elsewhere to get ahead