Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

In spite of how goony that guy is, that's an amazing post.
The most amazing part of it, looking back, is that the next Star Wars advanced precisely to the level of Kylo "tentatively explor[ing] how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl."

Kind of spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

75209 – Han Solo’s Speeder Minifigures: Han Solo, Qi’Ra, Corellian Hound

75210 – Moloch’s Speeder Minifigures: Moloch, Rebolt, Corellian Hounds(2)

75211 – Imperial TIE Fighter Minifigures: Mimban Stormtrooper, Imperial Pilot, Han Solo (Imperial Disquise), Tobias Beckett (Imperial Disquise)

75212 – Kessel Run Millenium Falcon Minifigures: Qi’Ra, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, Quay Tolsite, Kessel Operations Droid, DD-BD

75207 – Imperial Patrol Battle Pack Minifigures: Imperial Officer, Death Star Trooper (Female), Stormtroopers (2)

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I wonder if the weird looking stormtroopers are meant to be earlier versions of the armour or something like that.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Martman posted:

The most amazing part of it, looking back, is that the next Star Wars advanced precisely to the level of Kylo "tentatively explor[ing] how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl."

Kind of spooky.

Anakin Skywalker caused Star Wars to end by doing the one thing no character ever can: gently caress

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If Rian Johnson had been serious about ending the star wars, all he would have had to do was show two characters in bed together. Not actually doing it, just under the covers and ambiguous how much clothing they were wearing, onscreen for a few seconds.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Star Sex Wars

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In revenge of the Sith padme and anakin sleep together .

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Jerkface posted:

The first solo teaser is supposed to drop during nfl playoffs sunday

I've got a bad feeling about this :iamafag:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Extremely glad my team got first NFC seed so I can skip this

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Extremely glad my team got first NFC seed so I can skip this

They’re gonna be one and done so you’ll have plenty of time soon

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

euphronius posted:

In revenge of the Sith padme and anakin sleep together .

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Anakin Skywalker caused Star Wars to end by doing the one thing no character ever can: gently caress

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm sure it's been said already but tlj only just released in china: i stopped liking the movie around the fourth or fifth time rose tico turned to the camera and said: "Here is the point of this scene. I am telling you the message now."

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Star Wars fans can imagine the end of the Republic, but not consensual intercourse.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Star Wars fans can imagine the end of the Republic, but not consensual intercourse.

Did you take my "all sex is rape" post seriously

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
What, nobody remembers this onanistic/Oedipal debacle?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Jerkface posted:

75209 – Han Solo’s Speeder Minifigures: Han Solo, Qi’Ra, Corellian Hound

75210 – Moloch’s Speeder Minifigures: Moloch, Rebolt, Corellian Hounds(2)

75211 – Imperial TIE Fighter Minifigures: Mimban Stormtrooper, Imperial Pilot, Han Solo (Imperial Disquise), Tobias Beckett (Imperial Disquise)

75212 – Kessel Run Millenium Falcon Minifigures: Qi’Ra, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, Quay Tolsite, Kessel Operations Droid, DD-BD

75207 – Imperial Patrol Battle Pack Minifigures: Imperial Officer, Death Star Trooper (Female), Stormtroopers (2)

Guessing that's Qi'Ra as in Kira, the early draft name for Rey. Looks like they found a use for it after all.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Christ how many times do the good guys have to dress up like the bad guys in this series

Also, Death Star Trooper? Are we going to get a Death Star subplot somehow? Which would mean two movies in the whole franchise without a Death Star.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Waffles Inc. posted:

Christ how many times do the good guys have to dress up like the bad guys in this series

Also, Death Star Trooper? Are we going to get a Death Star subplot somehow? Which would mean two movies in the whole franchise without a Death Star.

Not related I saw that documentary series on Netflix about popular toys and according to it they had some names like "Death Star Troopers," "Deathguards," "Death Troopers," "Death Squad," etc. that were actual working names for the general storm troopers in A New Hope, then it was just anyone on the Death Star as more was figured out about/changed with the plot once the movie was being made, but was eventually changed to Stormtroopers and so it wouldn't seem like it was too much for kids/they could use the terminology on toys.

I think that figure has to be some generic thing not directly related to the Solo movie, It seems like it would be a huge stretch to work even a mention of the Death Star into this flick even with Han working for the Empire briefly. I mean isn't it supposed to take place ten years before A New Hope? So unless Mads Mikkelsen and Krennic walk up to Han Solo and are like hey man we got this new idea we're gonna start working called the Death Star how is that going to happen?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The only Star Wars movie I'm wholly looking forward to, with all of my heart and soul and mind, is The Last Laser Master.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Death Star Trooper is right. The plot concerns Han Solo stealing kyber crystals from the Spice Mines and delivering them to the empire. He saves Chewbacca along the way and realises the Empire is evil but drops the crystals off anyway to save his own skin. This is why he really comes back in a New Hope, because he helped in some small way to build the Death Star.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Han Yolo

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

:q:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ingmar terdman posted:

RLM's prediction video is going to be 100 percent accurate.

The new-old Falcon is cool, but I'm a Disney shill and a sucker for upcycling old McQuarrie.

That Falcon is a McQuarrie design? Nice.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
"mimban stormtrooper"

wasn't mimban a planet in the old EU?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The trailer will feature Han shooting Greedo’s dad in the back while he’s sleeping, or something of that nature.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

s.i.r.e. posted:

That Falcon is a McQuarrie design? Nice.

A rejected McQuarrie design found doodled on the back of a coaster.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Milky Moor posted:

"mimban stormtrooper"

wasn't mimban a planet in the old EU?

It’s the planet in “Splinter in the Mind’s Eye” which was the first ever star war book, and it came out before RotJ so Luke and Leia are written with sexual tension and also Luke and Vader duel

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Has anyone asked why spaceships didn't suicide into one another before TLJ?
This complaint does actually baffle me. Couldn't it apply to anything new that appears in the movie? Should it just use the same exact tactics as previous films?

I also don't get people saying that x-wing suicides would be just as effective considering they are hundreds of times smaller than the rebellion's lead ship. That seems like watching a kamikaze attack on an aircraft carrier by a bomber and assuming an RC helicopter could do just as much damage.

Dosan Yvormes
Jan 6, 2018

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I also don't get people saying that x-wing suicides would be just as effective considering they are hundreds of times smaller than the rebellion's lead ship. That seems like watching a kamikaze attack on an aircraft carrier by a bomber and assuming an RC helicopter could do just as much damage.

I can totally get behind this logic.

However I did seem to find the whole Star Wars experience to be a little bit lack luster compared to even the first Disney created one. They seem to be rehashing ideas created in the original trilogy, which is fine, however I myself, don't want to see the same movie I could watch at home from DVD player. Some originality in fight scenes, like we saw in Revenge of the Sith would be fantastic. The beginning fight scene there was much more thrilling than the ones I am seeing in the new movies.

That movie had more originality in fight scenes alone than I have seen from all of the new movies combined... At least in my opinion.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

This complaint does actually baffle me. Couldn't it apply to anything new that appears in the movie? Should it just use the same exact tactics as previous films?

People seem to be mis-remembering the hyper-ram as doing a lot more damage than it actually does. It has a shockwave, but the flagship seems to survive largely intact. Given that it's a full sized cruiser hitting a solid object at a significant fraction of light speed, one would hope it does a fair amount of damage, but it doesn't seem like the instant victory tactic some people seem to think it is.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I watched Revenge of the Sith the other day and one little set up I hadn't really noticed before was in the fight with Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Count Dooku, Dooku uses a force push to throw Obi-Wan across the room. Later, fighting Grevious, Obi-Wan then uses a force push to through the General, then, in the the final confrontation of Anakin vs Obi-Wan, when both try to use it, it backfires (or succeeds, from a certain point of view), and both get flung across the room.

Also, with Obi-Wan's fight against Jango Fett from AotC, to his fights against Grevious and Anakin, Obi-Wan's not afraid to do a little hand to hand combat.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ewan McGregor plays a great adventurous hero. His charisma and charming confidence shines pretty well. He's given more to do but much better than bored stuffy Alec McGuinness in A New Hope.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Neo Rasa posted:

I mean isn't it supposed to take place ten years before A New Hope? So unless Mads Mikkelsen and Krennic walk up to Han Solo and are like hey man we got this new idea we're gonna start working called the Death Star how is that going to happen?

The Death Star project briefly appears in III, which is twenty-ish years before IV. In terms of continuity they can do pretty much any dumb thing they want with everyone's favorite superweapon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Gonz posted:

The trailer will feature Han shooting Greedo’s dad in the back while he’s sleeping, or something of that nature.

The actual film will feature Greedo's dad waking up and firing three times at but failing to hit Han after which Han shoots him.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Captain von Trapp posted:

The Death Star project briefly appears in III, which is twenty-ish years before IV. In terms of continuity they can do pretty much any dumb thing they want with everyone's favorite superweapon.

I can’t wait until Star Wars is just R2, C3PO, Chewbacca and BB8 constantly attacking the Death Star with the Millenium Falcon. And AT-ATs.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

TildeATH posted:

I can’t wait until Star Wars is just R2, C3PO, Chewbacca and BB8 constantly attacking the Death Star with the Millenium Falcon. And AT-ATs.

Where do the lightsabers fit into this?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Pops Mgee posted:

Turns out C3PO was the other Jedi that Yoda was talking about. He is Vader’s other son.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pops Mgee posted:

R2 just keeps shooting them out of his dome

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I just found out that Holdo was supposed to be "eccentric but pleasant", hence the colored hair, but I never got that characterization from her at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I just found out that Holdo was supposed to be "eccentric but pleasant", hence the colored hair, but I never got that characterization from her at all.

Yeah, who thought THAT?

• Locked thread