Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

there was also that animated “join the nazis and pump iron” video from a few months ago, that was like super homoerotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Grand Prize Winner posted:

/pol/ regularly invades /lgbt/ and tries to recruit gays while telling transpeople to off themselves

do not ask how i know this

why is /lgbt/ even a thing, it was such a bad idea to put a support channel for LGBT people on 4chan of all places. even the loving lgbt people on there are loving weird assholes who believe in terrible poo poo like Ray Blanchard's lovely theories about trans women or Blaire White's dumb poo poo where if you're a trans woman and not exclusively into dudes you're not really a trans person.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Waffle House posted:

Nuke the *chans from orbit imo

BunkerChan will survive.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Josef bugman posted:

1) Cursed image
2) What the gently caress is this and why the hell are you showing it to me.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Waffle House posted:

Nuke the *chans from orbit imo

isn't 4chan owned by whoever owns 2ch these days

who is that lord of dork

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

4chan is so incredibly toxic. its a machine to build someone into a sociopath.

PRETTY MUCH. i was there in the early days and it has always been like this

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

isn't 4chan owned by whoever owns 2ch these days

who is that lord of dork

yes. he's a tremendous idiot. moot was smart to offload it when he saw a chance.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
It's a cocktail of dumb ideas. Basically, the less fascist part of the alt-right says that there are "good gays" and "bad gays", and that presumably one group is respectable while the other is degenerate. Just like any other rhetoric from these groups, they try to muddy the waters by placing together universal positive traits alongside the ones they deem valuable, and then imply that the former necessarily has to follow from the latter.

So for example, they pitch an uncontroversial call for stuff like loyalty and commitment, but also state that it absolutely needs to be tied to strict masculinity and complete rejection of left-wing politics. It's for people that think that even the Log Cabin Republicans aren't conservative enough, so they go full Jack Donovan.

They also use Islam as a scare tactic given that western societies became slowly more accepting of gay people, so they claim that Christianity accepts the distinction between the public and private sphere in a secular state, whereas Islam doesn't. It's a "you won, now protect what you have" appeal they try to sell to the LGBT community.

Apparently there was a discussion about Homonationalism on D&D, but it devolved into a slapfight about imperialism so it's probably not worth linking.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Krankenstyle posted:

1: pixel boat man tweets a lot about politics & is usually pretty woke
2: pbm becomes a milkshake duck when it turns out hes into gun control
3: i guess because hes not from america? or maybe he is, anyway he idiotically thought that gun control was a good idea like a loving liberal centrist shitbird

The Boat guy is from Australia, where gun control worked extremely well and was a good idea because not even that island of racist criminals are as loving deranged about guns as americans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Crane Fist posted:

The Boat guy is from Australia, where gun control worked extremely well and was a good idea because not even that island of racist criminals are as loving deranged about guns as americans

some leftists think that owning a personal firearm is an important part of the revolution because it worked once in the 1700s (sort of, until the french bailed us out because we were so shittily undersupplied) (and failed every time after that compared to a professionally equipped army)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

some leftists think that owning a personal firearm is an important part of the revolution because it worked once in the 1700s (sort of, until the french bailed us out because we were so shittily undersupplied) (and failed every time after that compared to a professionally equipped army)

*runs into thread at top speed*
HELLO YES BUT HAVE YOU CONSIDERED MY INCREDIBLY POORLY THOUGHT OUT AND IN PARTS AHISTORIC VIETNAM AND/OR AFGHANISTAN ANALOGY?!

Serf
May 5, 2011

having a rifle is important not because you will be able to fight off the jackbooted thugs (lol no) but because it will provide you with meat in the post-apocalyptic future

handguns will be good for trading to rubes for actually useful stuff

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im a huge scaredy cat & i hate guns, and i am pretty sure the us govt would just kill every leftist if push came to shove

i guess black panthers were actually effective before the hammer came down, but then also cops didnt have irl military equipment back then

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Serf posted:

having a rifle is important not because you will be able to fight off the jackbooted thugs (lol no) but because it will provide you with meat in the post-apocalyptic future

handguns will be good for trading to rubes for actually useful stuff

if the world dies for real, all wildlife will be gone within a week. i guess cannibalism could work

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a rifle is a tool because it has a name that portrays as it as being useful, as you rifle through things

a shotgun is the gun to kill people with, as it is a gun that implies that it has already done its job and shot someone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

im a huge scaredy cat & i hate guns, and i am pretty sure the us govt would just kill every leftist if push came to shove

i guess black panthers were actually effective before the hammer came down, but then also cops didnt have irl military equipment back then

black panthers were more effective because they were willing to be militant at all, but those guns wouldn't have saved them for a second (and didn't)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

pixel boat gorilla thing sure doesn't bear a striking resemblance to when maga/nazis were desperately making up fake passages from the piss tape dossier to make it look like unhinged nonsense to casual observers :thunk:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SunAndSpring posted:

why is /lgbt/ even a thing, it was such a bad idea to put a support channel for LGBT people on 4chan of all places. even the loving lgbt people on there are loving weird assholes who believe in terrible poo poo like Ray Blanchard's lovely theories about trans women or Blaire White's dumb poo poo where if you're a trans woman and not exclusively into dudes you're not really a trans person.

how recently it was created prooooooooooooooooobably directly correlates with how much of a trap/extremely bad thing it is

Serf
May 5, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

if the world dies for real, all wildlife will be gone within a week. i guess cannibalism could work

i think some people will have to broaden their definitions of what meat is

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Al! posted:

black panthers were more effective because they were willing to be militant at all, but those guns wouldn't have saved them for a second (and didn't)

Sounds right :(

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Serf posted:

i think some people will have to broaden their definitions of what meat is

which people? :confused:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Waffle House posted:

how recently it was created prooooooooooooooooobably directly correlates with how much of a trap/extremely bad thing it is

/lgbt/ has been around for a few years and the loud transphobia has been there since its inception.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

in any crisis, the only thing that will save you is your community............. hope u live in a good one

Serf
May 5, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

which people? :confused:

the ones who want to survive i guess

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Qu Appelle posted:

There's quite a bit of transphobia in the LGBT community.

A portion of gay people don't like "LGB" part being wrapped up in with "T" part, since it leads to stuff like HB2 where the "NO MEN IN WOMENS BATHROOMS!" poo poo leads to "vanilla" gay people being persecuted over trans issues.

e: not an endorsement btw, just something ive noticed lately

Slugnoid has issued a correction as of 02:06 on Jan 6, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Serf posted:

the ones who want to survive i guess

oh i thought you meant me

i have no doubt that id eat/become human food on the last day

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Don’t they get that they’d still be targets even if trans people didn’t exist? The bigots would just calibrate the thin end of the wedge to a different place, like gay teachers or gay people who use dating apps. The goal is always total marginalization though: there’s no possible outcome where the bigots just leave the “normal enough” gays alone. In fact, the bathroom bill poo poo probably protects assimilationist gays by taking the relative heat off a little.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Big Word posted:

pixel boat gorilla thing sure doesn't bear a striking resemblance to when maga/nazis were desperately making up fake passages from the piss tape dossier to make it look like unhinged nonsense to casual observers :thunk:

Cursed post

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
which liberal platform is the anti gun control one so i can avoid it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

business hammocks posted:

Don’t they get that they’d still be targets even if trans people didn’t exist? The bigots would just calibrate the thin end of the wedge to a different place, like gay teachers or gay people who use dating apps. The goal is always total marginalization though: there’s no possible outcome where the bigots just leave the “normal enough” gays alone. In fact, the bathroom bill poo poo probably protects assimilationist gays by taking the relative heat off a little.

Why didn't the kapos just stop helping the nazis & turn around to kill them instead?

possibly an over the top comparison, but i think the mentality is in the same direction -- "im keeping my neck above water, staying safe"?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The "guns = revolution" thing is a flawed way of looking at leftist gun ownership because it looks too far in the distance.

The point is to even the playing field if nazis start roaming around on trucks looking for victims. Maybe that makes me sound paranoid but that's a much more likely defensive use case for a leftist or marginalized person than "proletariat revolution". On the other hand, that kind of terror has already occurred many times in American history so it may not be as unlikely as it seems.

https://www.dukeupress.edu/this-nonviolent-stuffll-get-you-killed

Guns also are loving cool and can be a social hobby, and have survival applications like hunting.

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Jan 6, 2018

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bullfrog posted:

The "guns = revolution" thing is a flawed way of looking at leftist gun ownership because it looks too far in the distance.

The point is to even the playing field if nazis start roaming around on trucks looking for victims. Maybe that makes me sound paranoid but that's a much more likely defensive use case for a leftist or marginalized person than "proletariat revolution". On the other hand, that kind of terror has already occurred many times in American history so it may not be as unlikely as it seems.

https://www.dukeupress.edu/this-nonviolent-stuffll-get-you-killed

Guns also are loving cool and work as a social hobby, and have survival applications like hunting.

while i wouldn't call her a leftist by any stretch of the imagination my grandmother operated a little storefront in our town in the 60s. the kkk held a march one day that passed right by the front of her store and, according to her, she stood outside with a loaded .44 because she employed a black woman and because she just loving hated the kkk

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

business hammocks posted:

well they're really stupid. it's not necessarily their fault but they are really loving stupid.

also remember the minute the "ethnostate" chuds realize their perfect white utopia, one subgroup will be arbitrarily deemed to be insufficiently white or actually they were never white in the first place and be subjugated by the majority. FFS, half of these neonazis currently disagree on whether Slavs and Poles are white. All the Poles, Slavs, and fair-skinned Hispanics would be purged eventually. And on and on it would go.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

while i wouldn't call her a leftist by any stretch of the imagination my grandmother operated a little storefront in our town in the 60s. the kkk held a march one day that passed right by the front of her store and, according to her, she stood outside with a loaded .44 because she employed a black woman and because she just loving hated the kkk

Serf, do you have a license to own this much? Cause this owns.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I own a few guns. I don't have any illusions that they'll keep me safe come catastrophe or revolution, but I enjoy shooting and they'll be handy for shooting the cat and myself if the bombs ever actually drop.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

THC posted:

well they're really stupid. it's not necessarily their fault but they are really loving stupid.

also remember the minute the "ethnostate" chuds realize their perfect white utopia, one subgroup will be arbitrarily deemed to be insufficiently white or actually they were never white in the first place and be subjugated by the majority. FFS, half of these neonazis currently disagree on whether Slavs and Poles are white. All the Poles, Slavs, and fair-skinned Hispanics would be purged eventually. And on and on it would go.

Also, see Richard Spencer's proclaimed "ideal" where all nations have only one ethnicity. Once ethnic minorities get purged from the USA, Canada, etc. you can be absolutely certain step 2 would be economically enslaving and/or colonizing the states designated for "ethnic" populations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

also like

where the gently caress are the 'indians' supposed to go. you know the people we almost succeeded in genociding when we colonized it in the first place

and 9000% chance the Anglos and the québécois will be at each others throats within seconds

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

THC posted:

also like

where the gently caress are the 'indians' supposed to go. you know the people we almost succeeded in genociding when we colonized it in the first place

and 9000% chance the Anglos and the québécois will be at each others throats within seconds

it's bound to work. Europe has all the white people and a rich history of never fighting each other

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it only seems appropriate here

https://twitter.com/BadConservart/status/947674875174506496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BadConservart/status/949140285786808320

lol