Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Should I keep my purely blooms separate until I have 5 of them to combine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

Should I keep my purely blooms separate until I have 5 of them to combine?

Yeah, never MLB anything unless you have however many of the CE you use regularly +4

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I'm all for rolling when you feel like it. I'm F2P all the way and with the low rates saving up quartz just isn't any fun.

Its heart breaking to see people blowing their whole stash along with paid quartz and getting nothing. Stories of quitting on reddit is great to read but if its you in that situation...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

EzEight posted:

I'm all for rolling when you feel like it. I'm F2P all the way and with the low rates saving up quartz just isn't any fun.

Its heart breaking to see people blowing their whole stash along with paid quartz and getting nothing. Stories of quitting on reddit is great to read but if its you in that situation...

That works until you get to that one banner with that Servant you absolutely must have

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I dunno what the rates are in other mobile games but FGO is like telling a PAD player all he can roll for is 6* GFEs and everything else is golems.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder how many really popular gacha mobages there are that offer no pity rate.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

That works until you get to that one banner with that Servant you absolutely must have

I think this more than anything is what pushed me into quitting. I realised that even if I get a servant I want now, it's just a matter of time before another limited servant I desperately want comes along. Previously if my paid quartz I'd allocated to try and grab a servant didn't pay off I'd just cut my losses. With MHX not only did I spend a lot on the gatcha, when I didn't get her I was seriously tempted to buy another 4 10 rolls that I couldn't afford, justifying it to myself by thinking "This is my only chance, it's now or never".

Fortunately this also served as a wakeup call.

On the bright side, I can still read the story online and I never have to grind for hearts and gears again. Besides, it's still fun to read the thread so I'm pretty happy all things considered.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

endcard for a re-airing of CP

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Ciel in the background was a nice touch. The original curry queen.

Re-airing Carnival Phantasm totally means they're going to surprise us with a second season... right!?

...right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One can only hope.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not sure if people really need it at this point but thanks to finally getting a Purley Bloom to drop I could put one on my Scathach, for those still running the Tesla node. She's 80 now but I'll be able to push her up to 90 as soon as I get another heart (so maybe the challenge quest tonight).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This means Tsukihime 2 is coming guys right? They wouldn't have a picture of Tsukihime/Melty Blood characters for nothing right?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nyeehg posted:

On the bright side, I can still read the story online and I never have to grind for hearts and gears again. Besides, it's still fun to read the thread so I'm pretty happy all things considered.

Honestly, I'd advise against it. Nothing like reading a thread to get the itch again. I must have lost weeks of my live because I got sucked back into games after reading a thread.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pierson posted:

I dunno what the rates are in other mobile games but FGO is like telling a PAD player all he can roll for is 6* GFEs and everything else is golems.

I don’t think this analogy works considering there’s a guy on YouTube who regularly solos current challenges and higher level content with a common 3*

e: FGO definitely seems meaner in terms of maxing our a super rare character but it has much less of “get hosed if your leader skill isn’t 6x or greater” since basically anything you can roll has some niche it fills. PAD’s unit variety is different flavors of multipliers

Erg fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 6, 2018

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Erg posted:

I don’t think this analogy works considering there’s a guy on YouTube who regularly solos current challenges and higher level content with a common 3*

e: FGO definitely seems meaner in terms of maxing our a super rare character but it has much less of “get hosed if your leader skill isn’t 6x or greater” since basically anything you can roll has some niche it fills. PAD’s unit variety is different flavors of multipliers

Yeah, like, when you actually consider liability rates (the chance of getting something totally worthless) FGO has a really good gacha rate considering 4* characters are considered desirable enough to carry a banner on their own from time to time, to say nothing of the multiple super powerful 3* characters, and the gear drops which are actually useful to non-whales. The 5* rate is low (though one of FGOs less appealing contributions was normalizing it to most mobage after it) but unlike... basically every other mobage on the market, every character* is desirable even beyond a vague ‘if you get enough of a rare resource you can turn them into a bad ssr’ concept.

ironically FGOs gacha is very thematic. if you stay cool and play the cards you’re dealt it’s hard to get a bad hand, but if you get worked up and stuck on That One Character it will chew you up and spit you out a ruined corpse. gotta stay cool, because danger is everywhere.

* - sorry, Giles.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

MLBd Purely Bloom, time to see what the burger-powered Seiba can really do :getin:
Aside from bringing a full bonus team, is there anything special about the Altrium quests that get unlocked daily I should know?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
4 star rates are still garbage, as someone that can literally count the number of 4+ star servants gotten since the launch of the game on one hand.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Traveller posted:

MLBd Purely Bloom, time to see what the burger-powered Seiba can really do :getin:
Aside from bringing a full bonus team, is there anything special about the Altrium quests that get unlocked daily I should know?

They're going to actually get hard. The last one is a boss fight against an enemy with over 3 million HP.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I started last week, where are people getting apples? Is it only event rewards?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Dee Ehm posted:

They're going to actually get hard. The last one is a boss fight against an enemy with over 3 million HP.

Siegfried's time to shine, at last.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Billzasilver posted:

Some come from event rewards, but most of them usually come from compensation for maintenance or gifts for holidays/download milestones/player milestones etc.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

TheFireMagi posted:

Some come from event rewards, but most of them usually come from compensation for maintenance or gifts for holidays/download milestones/player milestones etc.

Ah dang. Welp I’ll just get a free saber lily or two and some Phoenix feathers

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Billzasilver posted:

Post your friend code my dude

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

BlondRobin posted:

Yeah, like, when you actually consider liability rates (the chance of getting something totally worthless) FGO has a really good gacha rate considering 4* characters are considered desirable enough to carry a banner on their own from time to time, to say nothing of the multiple super powerful 3* characters, and the gear drops which are actually useful to non-whales.

Ehhhh, I dunno. The game being easy and giving 3*s and below plenty of utility is part of why I like it, but after you NP5 your 3*s it's plenty possible to get entirely worthless rolls. I want more euryales but besides that more 3*-4* CEs and 3* servant dupes are just space taken up or prism fodder.

e: I'm fine with how the game has treated me so far, but it's entirely understandable why unlucky NAers or JPers with their bases mostly covered and mostly shooting for favs at this point would get annoyed, esp when we've run into an event that's very much mostly "have this specific handful of golds or heck off".

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 6, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Please and thank you

I was doing great with lancer Altria alter, but now I can’t get her past lvl 50. Really I can’t get most people past lvl 50. I suppose Hassan or Medea will be the first.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
trapped between grinding exp for servants and grinding the event. :(

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Don’t let your dreams be dreams!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Motto posted:

e: I'm fine with how the game has treated me so far, but it's entirely understandable why unlucky NAers or JPers with their bases mostly covered and mostly shooting for favs at this point would get annoyed, esp when we've run into an event that's very much mostly "have this specific handful of golds or heck off".

Does this ever stop being a thing, or are events always going to be "use these exact servants" and poo poo on the idea of building an actual synergistic team?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

trapped between grinding exp for servants and grinding the event. :(

The event has some easy exp cards to get and I'm getting way more raw player exp from doing scathach than I am doing hands so its a no brainer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZiegeDame posted:

Does this ever stop being a thing, or are events always going to be "use these exact servants" and poo poo on the idea of building an actual synergistic team?

It continues being a thing but just for drops. It's nowhere near as bad as Saber Wars which is one of the worst events in the game to actually play because of how it's structured and unfun it is mechanically.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I thought it got fine after MLBing the CE, but I also have the single gold saber with a ST NP, who is a 5* limited. Can't imagine how much this one sucks without any golds.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The event has some easy exp cards to get and I'm getting way more raw player exp from doing scathach than I am doing hands so its a no brainer.

I dumped all of them already into Drake. Took her from 80 to 90, but she didn't give me a single multiplier. I need to send Kintoki from 80 to 90 with more of the hearts later and he's just gonna have to sit around level 82 or so until the event is over.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

With 5*s I'd check if they actually get anything from 80-90 because it's really not worth the 100+ xp cards over others if they don't get or need stats.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking ahead I'm already irritated at the Fate/Zero event where the only way to get Assassin coins is via having Waver or Caster Gilles.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Motto posted:

With 5*s I'd check if they actually get anything from 80-90 because it's really not worth the 100+ xp cards over others if they don't get or need stats.

Drake and Kintoki are both reverse-S curve Servants. They need those last 10 levels more than anyone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Once KNK event passes, I can finally stop thinking about starting over because at that point, there's no turning back.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dee Ehm posted:

Drake and Kintoki are both reverse-S curve Servants. They need those last 10 levels more than anyone.

Then godspeed, man. I've only 90'd one character so far and was amazed how fast those xmas xp cards went.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
purely bloom on hercules feels like I'm comitting a crime

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Blockhouse posted:

purely bloom on hercules feels like I'm comitting a crime

You are, it isn't an MLB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You are, it isn't an MLB.

I only have the one!

oh right I forgot to post my friend code in the thread when I started. 158,198,599