Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Recoome posted:

hahaha you had faith in the SDA

mostly befuddled as I thought they didn't make the worst possible deal but turns out they did so I guess everything is back to normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
reminder that the SDA teamed up with Coles in a lawsuit against an employee

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

So is the SDA a front owned by big businesses to gently caress over their employees or does it just look like it

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

the cool posts kid posted:

So is the SDA a front owned by big businesses to gently caress over their employees or does it just look like it

They're basically in cahoots. SDA gets free advertising for membership, businesses get to gently caress over their entire staff with no opposition.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Another hot, hot, HOT take at the SMH

quote:

The next time you are asked to volunteer or fundraise or donate you can say, "I gave at the office", because you pay taxes, or "I'll write to a politician instead". Let's fix the broken systems.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Man it's hotter than that take out there

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is the least Australian thing I've ever seen.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That's a bloody outrage that is

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I basically unironiclly agree with this. The more people donate to charity, the more the government can drop the ball.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Whelp, my power's out.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Whitlam posted:

Whelp, my power's out.
At least it happened after the cold change came in and not say, two hours ago.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

You'd think bunnings would have a solution for that in the warehouse somewhere.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Whitlam posted:

Whelp, my power's out.

Same, sounds like a mass outage out my way

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

CrazyTolradi posted:

At least it happened after the cold change came in and not say, two hours ago.

True. And at least it's back on now and not 9:50, which was the original prediction.

Edit:

Testekill posted:

Same, sounds like a mass outage out my way

Melbourne's inner west?

Whitlam fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 6, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Whitlam posted:

True. And at least it's back on now and not 9:50, which was the original prediction.

Edit:

Melbourne's inner west?

Nah, Kenmore. Outer west of Brisbane

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Testekill posted:

Nah, Kenmore. Outer west of Brisbane

This national crisis wouldn't have happened if we'd invested more in coal. :downs:

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

AgentF posted:

Yeah, and I like to have hope, but is there the possibility that boomers will be replaced by enough younger conservatives that there is no real shift? Or that the LNP moves just enough to the centre that they make up for it - such as by adopting more liberal social policies while still gutting the economy?

Like what happened to the hippies? This ended up becoming the demographic that voted Thatcher/Reagan in. This was before my time but I often wonder about it when the generational shift argument comes up.

The hippies were a minority in that generation. It's all you ever hear about that generation back then because the rest were the same boring conservative cunts they are today.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Anidav posted:

I only get a half hour lunch break where as some of my managers get up to 2 hours or more for lunch.

Half an hour is maybe enough time to microwave something, make a coffee and eat it. Some of the higher ups I see around basically go bar crawling every day at lunch.

At this point I've realized that I, as the youngest person in the office and having no pressing family concerns, am the only one held strictly to the hours I spend working.

It can't be me being the most junior employee, because in the time since I've joined they've hired about a half-dozen other people. It can't be discrimination from me being trans, because this started before I came out and started presenting as such. But I'm the youngest person in the office by at least ten years, one of only two people that isn't married, and in a minority of people without kids. And I am also the only one held to half-hour lunch breaks, the only one that gets addressed for not doing unpaid overtime and just coming in at 9 and leaving at 5 (fun fact: both of these are demonstrably untrue), and the only one told to time and record their non-lunch-based breaks on a timesheet.

I've also got a tiny amount of actual work space, being crammed into a sealed doorway in a corner, but that's not a discrimination problem, that's a 'boss forgot how little space we had when hiring more people' problem.

None of this is related, but I'm still mad, and there aren't many places I can voice this frustration.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
FYGM has been going on for so long it has evolved simply to gently caress you got Everything.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Cleretic posted:

At this point I've realized that I, as the youngest person in the office and having no pressing family concerns, am the only one held strictly to the hours I spend working.

It can't be me being the most junior employee, because in the time since I've joined they've hired about a half-dozen other people. It can't be discrimination from me being trans, because this started before I came out and started presenting as such. But I'm the youngest person in the office by at least ten years, one of only two people that isn't married, and in a minority of people without kids. And I am also the only one held to half-hour lunch breaks, the only one that gets addressed for not doing unpaid overtime and just coming in at 9 and leaving at 5 (fun fact: both of these are demonstrably untrue), and the only one told to time and record their non-lunch-based breaks on a timesheet.

I've also got a tiny amount of actual work space, being crammed into a sealed doorway in a corner, but that's not a discrimination problem, that's a 'boss forgot how little space we had when hiring more people' problem.

None of this is related, but I'm still mad, and there aren't many places I can voice this frustration.

Remember to keep a journal of all the bullshit. Helps in venting and as evidence!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Remember to keep a journal of all the bullshit. Helps in venting and as evidence!

Fortunately, at least in some way, they have set me up for this. They seem to have forgot that they told me to take down these extended timesheets that include breaks that I'm not even taking a lot of the time, but I sure didn't!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Cleretic I adore your posting

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

No blackouts here in Adelaide, home of renewable energy and the battery farm

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

I think you guys woudl be proud of me, tonight a friend was complaining that the founder / boss of the hedge fund she works for in New York sent out a blistering email saying that anyone who works from home during the blizzard will have half a vacation day taken out of their leave or whatever, and i asked if she had a union and got to make the easy point that this was exactly the kind of thing that unions are for. at at a table of pretty rabid capitalists. it didnt;' go down great but i was prety pissed after a good day at the circket and it's all sweet.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Recoome posted:

Cleretic I adore your posting

I can't tell if this is sarcastic, but I'm gonna say 'thank you' regardless.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

So it turns out that that Sudanese 'community leader' who has been all over the press agreeing there is an African gang crises was an obvious con artist:

https://twitter.com/vincerugari/status/949593253094936576

Check Vince's twitter feed for more.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Fortunately, at least in some way, they have set me up for this. They seem to have forgot that they told me to take down these extended timesheets that include breaks that I'm not even taking a lot of the time, but I sure didn't!

Are you taking down everyone else's as well?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

MikeJF posted:

Are you taking down everyone else's as well?

Not easy, since I'm stuffed in a corner with no way to see most of the office, but I can try with the ones I am around.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Front page of today’s courier mail is outrage that the commonwealth games encourages volunteers to use gender neutral language. The headline is Gold Medal Stupidity.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

The Fabians are eating eachother yessss

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

FYGM to such a disgusting degree

AgentF
May 11, 2009

asio posted:

The Fabians are eating eachother yessss

What's wrong with Fabians?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Brown Paper Bag posted:

So it turns out that that Sudanese 'community leader' who has been all over the press agreeing there is an African gang crises was an obvious con artist:

https://twitter.com/vincerugari/status/949593253094936576

Check Vince's twitter feed for more.
The edit history on his wiki page is hilarious, you can tell it's an attempt to use Wikipedia to boost his image as a 'community leader'.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CrazyTolradi posted:

The edit history on his wiki page is hilarious, you can tell it's an attempt to use Wikipedia to boost his image as a 'community leader'.

it gets better

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4274902/baby-bolt-babys-early-birth-brings-fastest-man-to-ballarat/

Amaya’s father, Melbourne City soccer player Nelly Yoa, was in Melbourne with close friends Jamaican sprint-superstar Usain Bolt and Australian Olympic medalist John Steffensen when he was told his baby was coming early.

The three men raced to Ballarat, arriving at Ballarat base hospital in the early hours of Saturday morning.

“On Friday night we had a call, I had to rush down from Melbourne city to Ballarat and lucky we were together,” Yoa said.

“Usain, I’ve known him since before he was well known, I met him back in Beijing just before he started racing and ever since we built up our relationship, through him and through John (Steffensen).

“Usain is a Man United supporter, I trialed for Chelsea – he hates Chelsea and I hate Man United.”

USAIN BOLT.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Are they seriously trying to say these guys just ran out to Ballarat from Melbourne?

Like, I get people do that, but if your baby is being born you're not going to run the 110-120 kilometres to get there.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyTolradi posted:

Are they seriously trying to say these guys just ran out to Ballarat from Melbourne?

Like, I get people do that, but if your baby is being born you're not going to run the 110-120 kilometres to get there.

I do not think the word ‘raced’ was intended to be taken that literally

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

racing identity posted:

I do not think the word ‘raced’ was intended to be taken that literally

It's more that they specifically point out that Bolt and Jeffensen returned by cab after.

quote:

Bolt and Jeffensen returned to Melbourne by cab after greeting the new baby.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
It's just a badly written article

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
We're in Adelaide/Barossa right now. Who posted that list of gin distilleries around? Didn't realise that was a thing around here

• Locked thread