Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

We Know Catheters posted:

That's just a lovely __________

Hello that describes 100% of 'uniquely' Australian food

Edit: come to think of it, it pretty much describes all Australian 'culture'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“100% Australian meat

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hello that describes 100% of 'uniquely' Australian food

Edit: come to think of it, it pretty much describes all Australian 'culture'

mate I will loving fight you over pavlova, lammingtons, and tim-tams

otherwise, unironically accurate

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Technically, all Australian food is prison food.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

The TV show Neighbours is Australia's greatest cultural accomplishment.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Technically, all Australian food is prison food.

lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Data Graham posted:

“100% Australian meat

That's actually a pretty strict regulation here.

We Know Catheters posted:

That's just a lovely taquito

Fair warning, mate; you do not bash on Four-and-Twenty in Australia unless you want to get bashed by Tradies and Bogans. :toughguy:.

Ignimbrite posted:

You forgot South-Melbourne Dim Sims :colbert:.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/j5ama2k.mp4

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ignimbrite posted:

Pavlova isn't Australian

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ignimbrite posted:

Pavlova is from NZ, lamingtons were invented by a French guy in honor of his British employer (and were literally just a bunch of leftovers thrown together when some unexpected guests turned up), Tim Tams are copies of penguin biscuits in the UK and are named after an American horse

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/949618475877765120

I think this is very funny because the President of the United States called himself "like, really smart"
The juxtaposition of what is theoretically supposed to be a very dignified office and stereotypical "valley girl" slang is funny to me. The larger tweet just being more of his standard rambling protesting too much is also great.

Just everything about our dotarded president is hilarious.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think this is very funny because the President of the United States called himself "like, really smart"
The juxtaposition of what is theoretically supposed to be a very dignified office and stereotypical "valley girl" slang is funny to me. The larger tweet just being more of his standard rambling protesting too much is also great.

I didn't believe this was a real tweet until I clicked on it. Amazing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

what the hell

i saw a screenshot of that tweet a minute ago and was like "haha thats trying to hard for satire. onion needs new writers" but welp

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

I didn't believe this was a real tweet until I clicked on it. Amazing.

Every single loving time. Every time I think "Aahaha, this time it's a parody, almost got me!". And every time I click and it's actually real.

What the actual gently caress did you do, America?!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

has anyone actually seen trump since he was on multiple tvs at his own press conference?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/KYtPqpA.gifv

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

He has stated before, and I'm sure several times, that he is like a smart person. Not valley girl 'like' but that he and smart people have a lot in common 'like'. He's also smart related because at one point when he was explaining why hes 'like a smart person' he said his dad graduated from MIT or something, and we all know that college degrees are passed down as an inheritance.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

nice

nice

not nice :mad:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Blackchamber posted:

He has stated before, and I'm sure several times, that he is like a smart person. Not valley girl 'like' but that he and smart people have a lot in common 'like'. He's also smart related because at one point when he was explaining why hes 'like a smart person' he said his dad graduated from MIT or something, and we all know that college degrees are passed down as an inheritance.

Considering that college degrees are a requirement for sperm donors in many places in the US, I'm guessing a lot of people would agree

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kit Walker posted:

Considering that college degrees are a requirement for sperm donors in many places in the US, I'm guessing a lot of people would agree

The upside of that is that you can get high school graduate cum for a fraction of the price, and it tastes the same.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Blackchamber posted:

aha, he claims to be "smart by proxy"?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Krankenstyle posted:

No no no, he'd never do that. He doesn't understand what the word "proxy" means.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

Yes. And hes surrounded himself with the best people, the best. And he has the best words.

Kit Walker posted:

Can crushing college debt be passed genetically too? Sort of take the good with the bad?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No no no, he'd never do that. He doesn't understand what the word "proxy" means.

sorry i had no idea how to translate but blackchamber did it. nice.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kit Walker posted:

And that's just the minimum. Most women won't accept anything less than cum laude.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

im cumkin and this is offensive to me

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Wait Australia has a 420 frozen foods brand? :getin:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wait Australia has a 420 frozen foods brand? :getin:

Oh boy, do we ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItfaSzdA-I

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Nah, it's 4n20, after the old rhyme, "Sing a song of sixpence, A pocket full of rye. Four and twenty blackbirds, Baked in a pie."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gorilla Salad posted:

Nah, it's 4n20, after the old rhyme, "Sing a song of sixpence, A pocket full of rye. Four and twenty blackbirds, Baked in a pie."

None of that means anything.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

https://twitter.com/TheFlintor/status/949488436582338560

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I'd like to publicly apologize to Guy for calling him an idiot. He's becoming a true treasure of this thread. Not even joking.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

gbut posted:

I'd like to publicly apologize to Guy for calling him an idiot. He's becoming a true treasure of this thread. Not even joking.

Funniest bit about that meme is that the Federal government was deliberately tainting alcohol to get people to stop drinking. By killing them with poison.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Talk about being prepared for anything! One of my friends is a huge Red Wings fan and lives in Chicago (I hate him more than anything else in the world) and he wears a Blackhawks shirt under his jersey so he can take it off in case they win. Guess he got punched in the back of the head a few times walking home.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gbut posted:

This new rule that I have to explain why something is funny is loving me up, I've had to pass on posting like five different pictures of cats playing with turtles. I don't know why cats and turtles being friends is funny, I just know that it is!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ChunksNensja posted:

Amateurs. Australia has already perfected the recipe

Bit of dead horse and you're got something that can be a snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner

I'm sorry to dredge this back up, but the phrase "100% Australian Meat" is very concerning. Maybe it's because I'm just so used to everything being sold in America as food has to specify somewhere what it actually is, but something that is simply labeled as "meat" is just vague enough to bother me. Is this horse as Chunks indicated? Or is it ground up Aussies as the box seems to state?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CzarChasm posted:

I'm sorry to dredge this back up, but the phrase "100% Australian Meat" is very concerning. Maybe it's because I'm just so used to everything being sold in America as food has to specify somewhere what it actually is, but something that is simply labeled as "meat" is just vague enough to bother me. Is this horse as Chunks indicated? Or is it ground up Aussies as the box seems to state?

I assume the selling point is that the meat is not imported, rather than it being genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

CzarChasm posted:

How many people go missing in Australia every year?