Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DarkstarIV posted:

No Kairi no buys. :colbert:

Seriously though I cannot get over how dumb it is that Shayna gets a title shot this quickly.

I have a REALLY bad feeling that they are going to book her similarly to Brock Lesnar and have her bury the womens division in glorified squash matches for awhile. And it will be absolutely terrible if that is the case.

You're making me root even harder for Shayna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also no Iconic Duo here all but confirms they're up at the Rumble

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

No Kairi no buys. :colbert:

Seriously though I cannot get over how dumb it is that Shayna gets a title shot this quickly.

I have a REALLY bad feeling that they are going to book her similarly to Brock Lesnar and have her bury the womens division in glorified squash matches for awhile. And it will be absolutely terrible if that is the case.

so asuka pt 2

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

so asuka pt 2

When I say squash matches i mean not bothering to elevate talent either. Asuka put on some good matches at least. I dont trust WWE's booking with Shayna.

Also Shayna will be getting a title shot after a single "match" on TV. Thats what bothers me. People complain about talent getting pushed into the title scene too quickly, but when it happens to someone like Shayna, its perfectly fine apparently.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 5, 2018

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DarkstarIV posted:

When I say squash matches i mean not bothering to elevate talent either.

So asuka Pt 2

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Basic Chunnel posted:

So asuka Pt 2

Read my edit above. And at least Asuka had competitive title defenses, where I do not see that happening with Shayna.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
tbf Asuka came up in a time where there were very few stars to even elevate.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kairi Sane kinda rhymes with Roman Reigns, which is significant.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Undefeated workers don’t put on competitive matches

Asuka was more Hogan than Lesnar

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Undefeated workers don’t put on competitive matches

Asuka was more Hogan than Lesnar
Not exactly. At the beginning of her run, it was people like Emma trying to cheat to win over Asuka which added a lot of drama, moving into Bayley and Nia Jax where she was pushing herself harder to be at the top, and then there was a long run of actual squash matches while there weren't really anyone to challenge for the title, then some competitive multi-woman matches, a competitive hardcore match with Cross, a competitive match with Ember Moon, and then some cheating to win by Asuka to end her reign in NXT. Asuka's strength in Japan was also this aura of being one of the hardest-hitting and most dangerous strikers in Japan at the time with a mix of being great at self-promotion (She spent most of her career as a free-lancer, and not tied down to a promotion like Io Shirai or Kairi Sane) and her weird charisma, leading to a lot of mind games with her opponents (Such as the clown that morphed into a nazi space monster)

There wasn't really any legitimate bullshit in Asuka's title run like her running over people that the audience were clamoring for or using a lot of really cheap heat or political pull to go over, and she left before the influx of new talent popped into NXT. Her only actual legitimate competitors in NXT were probably only Ember Moon and Nikki Cross and Ember Moon over an entire year and Ember certainly wasn't ready to take the rub off Asuka at the time (And she's still a little rough around the edges character wise).

I think Darkstar and most people's disdain for Shayna coming in and getting an immediate title run is that it reeks of the type of nepotism rampart in the WWE, where she's only REALLY getting a push because she's associate with Rhonda Rousey, a Stephanie McMahon pet project.

Although I think Kairi is a better wrestler and a much naturally charismatic talent, her strength is a lot different than Asuka's in that she's a natural underdog and can put on the master class of selling. Right now Kairi is a bit sloppy, probably because of a language barrier and adjustments to the NXT-WWE style, and I don't think Kairi needs an undefeated streak to get over, she can get over just about the same way Bayley did, and I hope it becomes a slow-burn with Shayna rather than Shayna just running her straight over and going for the title.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Pretty much what RealFoxy said. Up until this point there hasnt been much in the way of nepotism in NXT, booking wise. But this entire thing reeks of it.

I feel like Shayna is solely getting a push because she is Ronda's buddy. I seriously doubt she would have even been signed if she wasnt associated with Ronda at all.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, I agree that has nearly everything to do with her push, but she's also very good and 37 years old so there isn't exactly a lot of time to waste with her either.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Pretty much what RealFoxy said. Up until this point there hasnt been much in the way of nepotism in NXT, booking wise. But this entire thing reeks of it.

I feel like Shayna is solely getting a push because she is Ronda's buddy. I seriously doubt she would have even been signed if she wasnt associated with Ronda at all.
Shayna was wrestling a pretty serious career over in Japan in STARDOM, but there's no doubt if she was never friends with Rhonda she'd be just another Sonya Deville unless she ended up getting REALLY over in Japan.

Shayna isn't awful either, there's worse people they could be pushing but the WWE fans tend to sniff out the people who are getting pushed for the wrong reasons and reject them

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Shayna is probably one of the most universally liked female wrestlers among other female wrestlers in the industry. That matters too.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Shayna was wrestling a pretty serious career over in Japan in STARDOM, but there's no doubt if she was never friends with Rhonda she'd be just another Sonya Deville unless she ended up getting REALLY over in Japan.

Shayna isn't awful either, there's worse people they could be pushing but the WWE fans tend to sniff out the people who are getting pushed for the wrong reasons and reject them

Yeah and if WWE pushed on talent and character work alone, I dont think I would be complaining. But nepotism rules over all in WWE. And until this point, it hasnt been an issue in NXT.

As for Kairi, I am worried for her WWE career in general. She hasnt been wrestling at all lately. Even at NXT house shows. Both Florida and traveling. They start another Florida circuit tonight and if she doesnt wrestle, it almost certainly doesn't bode well for her future. It doesnt help that her mountain to climb as a great babyface just got taller with Candice LaRae signing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah and if WWE pushed on talent and character work alone, I dont think I would be complaining. But nepotism rules over all in WWE. And until this point, it hasnt been an issue in NXT.

As for Kairi, I am worried for her WWE career in general. She hasnt been wrestling at all lately. Even at NXT house shows. Both Florida and traveling. They start another Florida circuit tonight and if she doesnt wrestle, it almost certainly doesn't bode well for her future. It doesnt help that her mountain to climb as a great babyface just got taller with Candice LaRae signing.
Most of the international talent in NXT got the holidays off and are just coming back in, that's probably why she wasn't around much.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Most of the international talent in NXT got the holidays off and are just coming back in, that's probably why she wasn't around much.

She wasnt wrestling on house shows even before that. Ever since the last set of tapings, she has been missing in action. Which makes me feel like Shayna attacking her was a way to write her off for whatever reason (probably nothing good). If she wrestles tonight Ill be a bit less worried. But if she continues to be MIA, something is probably amiss.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tessa must be a really big pain in the rear end if noted Four Horseman mark Triple H won't sign her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Tessa must be a really big pain in the rear end if noted Four Horseman mark Triple H won't sign her.

Yeah, she pissed off WWE officials backstage supposedly.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I've already heard 2018 stories about her.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

rovert posted:

but it's only been five days! do tell

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
She is a jabroni mark with no life brother.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Bigass Moth posted:

She is a jabroni mark with no life brother.
You're confusing your horsemen progeny. That's Charlotte.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Paracaidas posted:

You're confusing your horsemen progeny. That's Charlotte.

:drat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

That's a lot of stories!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ricochet coming to WWE has got to mellow her out a bit right? Her actions isn't going to hurt his career, right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Ricochet coming to WWE has got to mellow her out a bit right? Her actions isn't going to hurt his career, right?
Lio Rush was there directly, how did that turn out

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shades of Melina

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's astounding how quick Lio hosed up, even by Lio standards

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Realistically, the tweet thing getting heat on him was stupid as poo poo. It was a dumb joke, badly timed, but he wasn't saying anything that a million fans hadn't thought or said.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A million fans have said some really stupid poo poo that would deserve heat if they were signed to WWE In my opinion

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It was a nonissue that became an issue because of his general immaturity

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In contrast with my last posting, I do agree that about 20 of the wrestling people who dogpiled on Lio for up to a week later because it made them feel good were a bit much!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also it didn't help that it happened real soon after the company hired him, which they knowingly took a big risk doing when everyone told them specifically he had attitude issues

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The most egregious example of that was Bray, who hadn't tweeted in weeks since he'd gotten sick, broke his silence to jump on the dogpile.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

not to be a conspiracy theorist but I think it's possible that Bray Wyatt might have known Emma from their years in FCW / NXT and they could have been "friends"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If you plan to supply an advanced chunnel please don't advertise the basic model.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was a nonissue that became an issue because of his general immaturity

it was a nonissue that became an issue because hes a young talented black guy imo

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

Under the vegetable posted:

it was a nonissue that became an issue because hes a young talented black guy imo

He made a joke in poor taste about a co-worker losing her job. Even if the dog pile became excessive, let's not pretend Lio was wronged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hinoarashi posted:

He made a joke in poor taste about a co-worker losing her job. Even if the dog pile became excessive, let's not pretend Lio was wronged.

The point is that it's something that needs to be taken care of behind the scenes from management. Beyond that there is no real reason for people
To be coming out on twitter just to join in on the dogpile.