Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think around the time of FFX with the increased realism they were extremely honest about all of the characters being based on celebrities, but refused to say who because they didn't want to get sued.

They should just go the Yakuza route and have actual celebrities doing facial capture in the game as a selling point.

https://twitter.com/zeppelichi/status/827503468181127171

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Death Stranding probably take this to extreme.

Despite the poo poo Kojima gets for his writing he is well connected with actors

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad Sagawa's 'puppy that's just been kicked' face is real

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

WaltherFeng posted:

Death Stranding probably take this to extreme.

Despite the poo poo Kojima gets for his writing he is well connected with actors

I mean based on his twitter feed the dude takes his dudes to lavish vacations where they do nothing but sightsee beautiful locales and eat delicious food so I’d be all over that too

School of How
Jul 6, 2013

quite frankly I don't believe this talk about the market
Does anyone here play Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire? Is this even considered a real FF game? I installed this game a few months ago because I thought it was going to be a tower defense game. Many months later and I'm still playing it every day.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

School of How posted:

Does anyone here play Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire? Is this even considered a real FF game? I installed this game a few months ago because I thought it was going to be a tower defense game. Many months later and I'm still playing it every day.

Is that good? I'm wary of any game like that, but I see ads for it while playing Tiny Rails and it does intrigue me a little bit, no matter how much I don't want it to

e:

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's just reskinned Game of War which is one of the more insipid western cash-grab shitfests. Don't touch it.

Yeah....that's kind of the impression I got

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 5, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's just reskinned Game of War which is one of the more insipid western cash-grab shitfests. Don't touch it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've got the next great dumb FF theory that Tidus and Brother are the same person or Brother's a descendant of Tidus or whatever the gently caress.

My giant pile of evidence:

* Both good at Blitzball
* Both want to bone Yuna
* Both have brain damage

At least Tidus is dreamy.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
brudda yes i do have fa(y)th

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Sapozhnik posted:

Yeah this boss rush at the end of WoFF is some dumb poo poo. Kind of souring what was otherwise a very nice game up until this point.

You just get a bunch of sidequest bosses between the fake ending and the real one, yet the real ending's gauntlet of five(?) battles pits you against far more powerful adversaries. I don't really feel like level grinding my way past that.

I'm kind of salty because I was holding my own throughout, despite some close calls, only to get hit by some Bad Breath type status roulette in the final battle and then eat poo poo two turns later. Kinda don't feel like doing that all over again.

Is there a New Game+ or should I just YouTube the ending

Yeah, the final boss made me ragequit for a bit, but I got good advice from another forum.
During the countdown to Megflare Laser, while he's extra vulnerable to most elements, unstack everybody and spam spellstones. It was a close call, but I beat him before he could get it off.

WoFF as a whole was a pretty good game, and great Final Fantasy fanservice (of the good kind!)

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 6, 2018

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this gunner mini game in ffx-2 is truly an abomination, even with the trick

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Speaking of which, I just wrote a 60fps mod for WoFF PC.

Source: https://ghostbin.com/paste/xmqyx
Binary: http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/ZFnLqrCT/file.html
Binary SHA256: 33d8b16a66d9e3c8aa3e48a1730cabc82a407d439ccd6e0c8b950f2b3e02a586

The game engine actually supports a bunch of other frame rates natively, so I just wrote something that forces it to use a different one at an opportune moment.

Some animations are frame-based (in particular, your walking animations, so enjoy listening to staccato footsteps) but it seems playable. While playing around in a debugger I got it to run at an unlimited frame rate too, but it seems you can't force unlimited too early or it just hangs. An exact criterion for "too early" shall be determined later, but 60fps is fine for now.

Please give it a go, if nobody has any major issues I guess I'll post it up on the game's Steam forum.

(I'm terrible at this whole hacking thing please be gentle :ohdear: )

edit: The reason why the game's menus are so sluggish probably has something do with the fact that it makes heavy use of Lua scripting. I suppose somebody really dedicated could patch those Lua scripts to fix the frame-based timing.

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 6, 2018

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I just killed a giant turtle in FF XV, but it died after only getting half of its health was gone. Is that a glitch?

Not complaining. It’s a cool fight in theory because you can warp strike a couple hundred feet up into the air, but there was virtually no strategy to it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grimthwacker posted:

Yeah, the final boss made me ragequit for a bit, but I got good advice from another forum.
During the countdown to Megflare Laser, while he's extra vulnerable to most elements, unstack everybody and spam spellstones. It was a close call, but I beat him before he could get it off.

WoFF as a whole was a pretty good game, and great Final Fantasy fanservice (of the good kind!)

I was actually pleased that the game decided to show some teeth for its final boss, people forget that Final Fantasy final bosses have a tradition for being hard, even if the games themselves are not known for high difficulty. That said, it sucked having to do all the boss rush leading into it. Made it all the more satisfying to win though.

gently caress I want a sequel to WoFF bad. More than that, I'd like to see that team helm something more substantial than a fanservice project. I want more charming poo poo in my Final Fantasy.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

the truth posted:

I just killed a giant turtle in FF XV, but it died after only getting half of its health was gone. Is that a glitch?

Not complaining. It’s a cool fight in theory because you can warp strike a couple hundred feet up into the air, but there was virtually no strategy to it.

No, that’s exactly what is supposed to happen.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think the only FF final boss I was disappointed by (in terms of difficulty) was XII's.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think the only FF final boss I was disappointed by (in terms of difficulty) was XII's.

I had to quit my FFXII game because I got lost in the tower and couldn't find my way out after trying for hours. So that's the real final boss as far as I'm concerned :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You managed the Great Crystal area but got lost in the tower :psyduck:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

You managed the Great Crystal area but got lost in the tower :psyduck:
There's that one teleporter maze area in the tower that's kind of annoying tbf.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

What about Yu Yevon?

Morby posted:

No, that’s exactly what is supposed to happen.

Weird. Is it so you can fight it multiple times? I was surprised when it ended so abruptly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
In theory you're just making it go back to sleep so it can't kill everybody

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yu Yevon wasn't a boss just an interactive end sequence, Jecht was the final boss.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Yu Yevon wasn't a boss just an interactive end sequence, Jecht was the final boss.

Yeah, wasn't Yevon deliberately designed to be impossible to lose to?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

if a party member dies they instantly revive

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Yep. I think there might be a loophole where you can get a game over if you somehow manage to petrify your entire party? Otherwise yes.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

the truth posted:

What about Yu Yevon?

Weird. Is it so you can fight it multiple times? I was surprised when it ended so abruptly.

corn in the bible posted:

In theory you're just making it go back to sleep so it can't kill everybody

This is the plot reason for it. The adamantoise being awake caused earthquakes and other issues to the remaining survivors. You’re supposed to make it retreat and stop doing that, not kill it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah remember when the marketing people said that battle would take three real time days

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Hah remember when the marketing people said that battle would take three real time days

I’m just glad that by the time I got around to it I was able to cheese the gently caress out of the ring.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sakurazuka posted:

I’ve been fighting the turtle for weeks now, had to quit my job and stop bathing to save the world. Please send food.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

esperterra posted:

WTF I love Ignis now??

e: I should probably get around to finishing ep Prompto and play ep Ignis.

:eyepop:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Wasnt that just confusion over in game time versus real time?

Because killing that turtle at launch was a sloooooog

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Barudak posted:

Wasnt that just confusion over in game time versus real time?

Because killing that turtle at launch was a sloooooog

It took me about an hour without the ring and I was playing really sloppily. The worst fight in the game but the giant turtle at least looks cool.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I was sad when it turned out that Titan punching that giant fat old turtle right in its jaw was only possible after you beat it the first time.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Experiencing a very frustrating glitch in XV— basically I still have my save file but the title screen is the first one and I can’t do chapter select or new game+, and the dlc episodes aren’t counting as complete so I don’t have the costumes. I was playing not even twelve hours ago with no issues. Help??

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

Experiencing a very frustrating glitch in XV— basically I still have my save file but the title screen is the first one and I can’t do chapter select or new game+, and the dlc episodes aren’t counting as complete so I don’t have the costumes. I was playing not even twelve hours ago with no issues. Help??

Try restoring your licenses through your PS4 settings and/or rebuilding the PS4 database (not sure how but you can probably find out on google).

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ROFL Octopus posted:

Reboot into safe mode:
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/
and select 'Rebuild database.'

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Try restoring your licenses through your PS4 settings and/or rebuilding the PS4 database (not sure how but you can probably find out on google).

I tried this already :(

I’ll check this when I get home

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Been playing FF6: Brave New World for the first time and holy moly it is good. Almost done recruiting everyone in the WoR.

If you miss the Raze lore on Atma Weapon by not having Strago in your party, can you get it anywhere in WoR?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Someone said the dlc for FFXV is all standalone missions a few weeks ago and I'm still bummed.

I want more FFXV world to explore :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

One continent is a giant frozen desert, there’s an archipelago with a city, and then the main continent. The only thing they could really add would be the actual city of Insomnia, which looks absolutely huge and they can’t realistically be expected to pull that off if they are still working on the story.

Maybe we will see some of it in the Ardyn DLC.