Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

Idk I want to think it’s funny because I think the UCF thing is hilarious but this just seems like a “me too!!!” kind of thing

You know Tennessee fans would be giving the same reaction as your Bama and UGA friends. Your posts read like “Tennessee fans wouldn’t do this!” And that’s what I find really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I feel like the 1969 SDSU Aztecs should be national champions for finishing 11-0, having a QB throw 9 TDs in a game, and finishing their season in a victory at the Rose Bowl

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Even though LSU won the title with most selectors I fully embrace Iowa's claim to the 1958 title because we had a way better schedule due to not being racist shitheads and actually playing teams that had black players

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

That Tulane season also introduced the world to RichRod and the zone read

Imagine being a DC and seeing the zone read for the first time

What do you think?

"Oh my gently caress"?

Prob the same thing people thought when they saw the west coast, the run and shoot, the veer, the single wing, the asdkfajsd;kfjqpwioefqpoinanijfqwejf

Tulane was so fun in 1998, and Tee Martin had a horseshoe up his rear end in the shape of Chris Weinke's neck injury.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Just a reminder that JMU and NDSU are playing for the FCS Natty tomorrow at 1. It should be a great matchup, as their defenses are top in the FCS, and both have strong offenses to boot (NDSU’s is better).

Everybody should root for JMU because our mascot is a bulldog with a crown and kickass cape.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Sorry but I side with the nobel bison

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cnidario posted:

Just a reminder that JMU and NDSU are playing for the FCS Natty tomorrow at 1. It should be a great matchup, as their defenses are top in the FCS, and both have strong offenses to boot (NDSU’s is better).

Everybody should root for JMU because our mascot is a bulldog with a crown and kickass cape.

Winner should claim the FBS title as well.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Winner should claim the FBS title as well.

Apparently, they can rightfully claim to the the one-and-only "Official" champion.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This episode has helped me understand the people who say the pre-BCS era was better.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

All hail your 1899 collegiate national champs, Sewanee.

Seriously, though. Sewanee was fantastic.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Mizzou 1960 national title, undefeated thanks to kansas being big fat cheaters

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

You know Tennessee fans would be giving the same reaction as your Bama and UGA friends. Your posts read like “Tennessee fans wouldn’t do this!” And that’s what I find really funny.

lol no. It has nothing to do with it being 98. If i was I’d point out how Tennessee was undefeated too so it doesn’t matter anyway. Like I said I find the UCF stuff funny. It really does come off as them seeing the attention UCF was getting and latching on. They had 19 years to do this and they do it after UCF does. If anything I’m more bothered by it for UCF’s sake.

But whatever you say buddy.

e: can’t speak for Tennessee fans in general. I’m sure the ones that were convinced Gruden was coming would probably wig out, those guys are idiots. I personally wouldn’t give a poo poo.

e2: I looked at a couple UT boards and don’t see anyone talking about it so it either hasn’t gotten traction yet or no one cares :shrug:

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 6, 2018

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol no. It has nothing to do with it being 98. If i was I’d point out how Tennessee was undefeated too so it doesn’t matter anyway. Like I said I find the UCF stuff funny. It really does come off as them seeing the attention UCF was getting and latching on. They had 19 years to do this and they do it after UCF does. If anything I’m more bothered by it for UCF’s sake.

But whatever you say buddy.

e: can’t speak for Tennessee fans in general. I’m sure the ones that were convinced Gruden was coming would probably wig out, those guys are idiots. I personally wouldn’t give a poo poo.

e2: I looked at a couple UT boards and don’t see anyone talking about it so it either hasn’t gotten traction yet or no one cares :shrug:

I was referring to Tennessee being involved this year as Bama or UGA not 1998. Worded that weird

Edit: It blows my mind how variable ticket prices are for this poo poo.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 6, 2018

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

The "Michael Dyer Was Down Gazette" has now crowned 2010 Oregon as the National Champions. Thanks so much for your patience in these trying times.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Owns v2.0:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeFoster72/status/949501512421662725

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The Connector sucks. I'd be down to have that guy as a rush hour entertainment fixture indefinitely.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

That Tulane season also introduced the world to RichRod and the zone read

Imagine being a DC and seeing the zone read for the first time

What do you think?

"Oh my gently caress"?

Seven years later RichRod was running it against UGA in the Sugar Bowl and Willie Martinez still had no clue.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/949681296850157568

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/949682487307001856

Lasagna Pilot fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 6, 2018

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

These refs are terrible

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Is there a thread for this game, or just here?

Because I just turned it on and saw that insanity. Is this clownball or was it just a run of the mill "pass rusher intercepts and then offensive lineman starts punching people" play?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ah, 10 minutes later. Clownball it is.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

He was clearly down

Refs

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

The offense and the refs are outright gifting NDSU points. Jfc

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fun facts: this is the true NCAA Division-I Championship. As in the NCAA sanctions this.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA actually gets to practice in their home facilities due to being so close to Atlanta

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Touchdown Dukes!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dukes! Dukes! Dukes!

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Uggggh that was a bad time for an Int, Schor

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Let’s go a dukes bitch

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Go Bison.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BLOCKED

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

what a fake punt

that block by #77 ruled

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Harry O'Kelly MVP

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dukes bitch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Rep ur squad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RIP JMU, Bison's pressure was too drat real

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
3 man rush on 3rd and 4th and it worked.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

I'm not sure that's an advantage; more distractions at home.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bison bitch! 6 titles in 7 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Go the Bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon

• Locked thread