Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Katt posted:

With the game in low resource mode (sent to tray) the graphics cards barely have to do any work at all and the power use should be insignificant :shrug:

***unless you get disconnected which is why people run utilites to force close the game when you get disconnected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

gwrtheyrn posted:

***unless you get disconnected which is why people run utilites to force close the game when you get disconnected

Fancy.

Edit:

7 day trial codes:

NEEHGVI-S1DG9IE-D4AR4FK-8B3I6
SQJ2S90-JFQ2E8K-34V2QV3-HJPKM
VUP1GRC-FEIMG1E-KCG8LN6-8831L
HJG8H0A-GUUATA2-VGI99P9-90E1Q
LLIIMMT-I05SS96-UG525C5-BBOG6
6O6A5L3-G5G1PBN-88AP69S-B45H8
LVRQFUU-BIJV7D0-QL6VKSF-93E4G
KK6N1QO-I7QH79R-DNU9FM9-CGPML
8QBPSU1-8TCMCPJ-H7JVETQ-FJIE
2P0I839-3PV42R5-4SD26A0-EB6RF

Katt fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 4, 2018

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Here are a few of my guest passes as well for those interested:

UN1DENP-BPOJEEJ-OKR9HQL-8DHAU
EHRQG5K-5A3URIN-VRRHM9K-B31AA
I9B474S-V07BKIP-3J7KNRS-R937E
6E7UOKN-OJ5O7LK-NHJM6IG-KR2VE
O8ROII7-SGP2TLD-EED6V02-T561G
J0SECP0-3MUMF4E-VDRQ890-499M6
IJK3N0K-8M9FBFR-VO0TVDB-IQQM0
CJEFJMT-2CM672C-46UFAKK-04V18

Xaitil fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 5, 2018

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

My current favourite titles:

Parasitic Bee Arson

I Have Thick Arms

Human Fire Extinguisher

Ultimate Bee Hater

Go Alone Like a Bisons Horn (?)

VwnL Wiuuom Description: Did you know that Amur Minnow upside down is...

SHROOMS Description: When you eat shrooms, everything just... MAKES SENSE

Infected with Tetanus

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite title is Normal Person

I also like Bionic Human and Grunt Guru

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Master Baiter- I used my rod all day to get this title!

Nef Arious
Oct 14, 2012

Just hit 61 on my Musa - I can now retire from adventuring and take up my lifetime goal of AFK fishing all day.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Punchgirl mounted combat is blowing my mind. She just waves her hands in the air thinks about punching.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well that was a good trip to the night vendor. 1 kutum offhand for my dark knight, 1 giath helmet (was missing that last boss piece) and a couple sharps.

I can't remotely enhance it all of course but that's more of a long term project.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
So is the goon guild still somewhat active in this game? I've got that MMO itch and feel like grinding.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Apparently there's been some drama recently over it so yes

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh sick I love goon guild drama

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Oh yah second hand drama is always amusingish to read about.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
drat, I wanted to jump back on but I forgot this game constantly crashes on me during the patch process.

Also, how does this game have 40gb of patching to do since the last time I played in May?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

drat, I wanted to jump back on but I forgot this game constantly crashes on me during the patch process.

Also, how does this game have 40gb of patching to do since the last time I played in May?

they managed to figure out what compression is so the game file size is like 28gb now

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game seems to have a lot of silly hacks to get things working, like gamepad support that emulates the mouse so that if you play the game in a window, the OS mouse pointer flies around wildly.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I heard something about it being better if you buy this game off the regular site rather than steam, is that true?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Futaba Anzu posted:

they managed to figure out what compression is so the game file size is like 28gb now

That makes it worse, I never uninstalled, if the client is 28gb why is it trying to download 40gb 1gb at a time?

Huh, poked around and found a help thread that said to delete the version file and that brough the download to 28gb.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 7, 2018

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That makes it worse, I never uninstalled, if the client is 28gb why is it trying to download 40gb 1gb at a time?
This always used to happen if you've been away long enough, somehow you end up with a download larger than the install size. Apparently they still haven't figured out how to do differential patching correctly.

please knock Mom! posted:

I heard something about it being better if you buy this game off the regular site rather than steam, is that true?
Apparently if you buy on Steam, you don't get to do any account management from the website, so you get to miss out on even more P2W options/promotions (lol). Well I guess you also miss out on the ability to upgrade to a higher tier account package.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 7, 2018

J
Jun 10, 2001

Steam accounts can't gift full game passes to others, which can give you stuff that isn't normally obtainable from the pearl shop, namely polar bears and hedgehog pets which are both really good if you give enough of a poo poo. Also if you like the game it has a ton of afk stuff you can do to make money and you wouldn't want all your steam friends seeing a huge number of hours in koreagame.exe now would you? :cop:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

please knock Mom! posted:

Oh sick I love goon guild drama

A non-SA member of the guild stole all the silver in the guild bank and ran off.

Except that you can't just take out the silver. You have to spend it on guild related stuff that goes into your inventory. So he bought a whole inventory full of guild junk

Every week the guild gets twice as much silver as it can use so the rest was just piling up anyway.

So imagine someone robbing the bank of a million dollars worth of coupons for three legged chairs at IKEA. And then sticking around discord trying to do the puppet master routine afterwards like "Look at all these chairs mmmhmm. Bet you wish you had some"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Offensively simplified guide to guild contracts.

When you do stuff your guild activity goes up. It goes up mostly by helping with guild quests (which gives the guild xp to spend on guild talents and some silver)

When your guild activity reaches 10.000 an officer will double your daily payout up to about 5 million depending on how much silver we have and how many members are active. Your contracted can be upgraded once per day.

Katt fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 7, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Does everyone need to be on the same server or something for guilds? I'm on the newbie growth server, which seems less crowded than the regular servers and gives you extra XP and stuff.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Facebook Aunt posted:

Does everyone need to be on the same server or something for guilds? I'm on the newbie growth server, which seems less crowded than the regular servers and gives you extra XP and stuff.

You can move around between servers as you like. Guild quests are most often done on Serendia 4 though.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I was thinking of island exploration as a guild event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfT2Gmnm94

The idea being to take out the guild boat and move people between the Mediah to the Epheria islands. To Discover them and poke the node managers

In total it should take around 2 hours and lead to enough knowledge to increase your energy cap by about 31 points

The reason I left out the Valencia islands is that those are particularly hellish to navigate and often require climbing cliffs and taking obscure routes to navigate the island itself. It would probably add another hour and a half to the trip as a whole.

Bringing 100 energy would help because some islands are a lot easier to discover by just giving the node manager some energy.

There are no requirements level or gear wise to join this expedition. Keep in mind that if you have to leave in a hurry in the middle and don't have time for us to sail you back to land then your character might have to swim back home when you return later. If this happen we'll try to send a fishing boat to pick your character up when you get back.

Ineptitude posted:

Hot tip: bring an alt that you don't care a lot about for this, seeing as everything gained is account wide, in case you get stuck out there i mean.

Katt fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 13, 2018

Huskers
May 9, 2009

Katt posted:

I was thinking of island exploration as a guild event.

I would be down for this. Keep meaning to do island exploration for those energy gains

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Katt posted:

Keep in mind that if you have to leave in a hurry in the middle and don't have time for us to sail you back to land then your character might have to swim back home when you return later. If this happen we'll try to send a fishing boat to pick your character up when you get back.

Hot tip: bring an alt that you don't care a lot about for this, seeing as everything gained is account wide, in case you get stuck out there i mean.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

"Oh, Hexe Maria is min level 45? Pff, it doesn't matter that its party-recommended, I'm level 52, I can totally do this solo"

That's 20 minutes of my life I'm never getting back, but atleast I won, I guess.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Conot posted:

"Oh, Hexe Maria is min level 45? Pff, it doesn't matter that its party-recommended, I'm level 52, I can totally do this solo"

That's 20 minutes of my life I'm never getting back, but atleast I won, I guess.

Yes I don't know what 45s they expected to do these things. Maybe the level suggestions are from back when 1-49 took months and so a 45 player would be well geared instead of +0 gear and a +7 weapon.

Ineptitude posted:

Good idea. Added.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Woah, how do I social engineer my way into a guild for free chairs? Is there even a way for this guy to convert that guild stuff. It's tough to look past all the :koreagame: bullshit but so far its okay. Some ninja guy initiated pvp on me then realized I had no gear or skill. There's such a wide margin of gear that he said I was doing 1hp a hit while I spammed different skills.

Khako fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 7, 2018

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

So everyone I ever knew and loved has quit like 18 months ago, but I started again with Mystic. Games still cool, but all my poo poo is on EU. Is anything actually happening in the goon guild, besides drama, which is cool, but not cool enough for a complete reboot? Also running around islands, getting nodes and stuff.
I don't give a poo poo about PvP or node wars or gear, I'll probably just try to become the worlds first guru hunting/farming combo or something.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Wuxi posted:

So everyone I ever knew and loved has quit like 18 months ago, but I started again with Mystic. Games still cool, but all my poo poo is on EU. Is anything actually happening in the goon guild, besides drama, which is cool, but not cool enough for a complete reboot? Also running around islands, getting nodes and stuff.
I don't give a poo poo about PvP or node wars or gear, I'll probably just try to become the worlds first guru hunting/farming combo or something.

Then you will be glad to know that the hunting rifles now last way longer and you can butcher animals while holding it.

The guild is pretty cool in my opinion. If it's worth starting over for depends on how much you spent on EU I guess and how far you came. Getting to 56 takes like a day now and the game has tons of welfare stuff and gear. Mediah has a full pri set you get from quests/drops including accessories and weapons.

Katt fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 8, 2018

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

goons are awful

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drythe posted:

goons are awful

Yes :3:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Ineptitude plays on EU, and the "drama" was nothing interesting.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The drama was someone got butthurt over something and/or was just an rear end in a top hat and spent the guild money and kicked a bunch of people who were offline for 3 months.

Weve already refilled the roster and that money will be back in like 2 months.

Literally nothing was lost.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
is the goon guild still full

I got like 7 people who are all goons playing again

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

is the goon guild still full

I got like 7 people who are all goons playing again

No, the guild is never full of actually active people, we used to bounce around being near full because we were only kicking inactives when we needed room to invite new people

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Drythe posted:

goons are awful

This could have been posted in any thread on the site and it would have been relevant.

Nef Arious posted:

Just hit 61 on my Musa - I can now retire from adventuring and take up my lifetime goal of AFK fishing all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJzi5jjtLMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the only good thing from this patch

you now can kill things and earn better knowledge than what you had without resetting it