Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zesty posted:

First Dan Lietha of the year.

This is a "love the sinner hate the sin" thing right? I know what that looks like in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Zesty posted:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is a "love the sinner hate the sin" thing right? I know what that looks like in practice.

No, actually. This is calling for you to start hating the sinner too.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:vince:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Are we gonna gently caress now or what? BU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Can I be offended AND worried about their souls here? OK, maybe WORRIED is the wrong word since the shirt wearers are obviously already in Hell...

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

"Love the sinner, hate the sin" just means you vote for policies that hurt people while smiling at them. Lynch mobs are passe, lying scumbag two-faced bigotry is in!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Who's in charge of the state of the economy again, Glenn? Hmmmm?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pants Donkey posted:

Meanwhile, he puts tons of effort into reminding us that Edward Madigan is, in fact, bad:

Wish Allie would go back to national stuff. I agree as little with him as with the others but drat his art is so much better.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

What exactly was Payne's take on the NFL protests? Cuz that would be an incredible disconnect

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
I want this shirt :-)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Literally nobody is saying that Hillary gets to be president if Trump is mentally unfit, Lester.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pakled posted:

Literally nobody is saying that Hillary gets to be president if Trump is mentally unfit, Lester.

I dunno honestly

There are a lot of people out there who appear to view Trump's removal as an ultimate goal, apparently under the impression that his entire administration goes down with him, and we get, like, a do-over of the election or something

SEE: http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-president-lawrence-lessig-post-686077

good ol' Larry Lessig posted:

If number 1: If Trump is definitively found to have colluded directly with Russia, he would be forced to resign or be impeached.

If number 2: If Trump is removed, Vice President Mike Pence would become president.

If number 3: If Pence becomes president, he should resign too, given that he benefited from the same help from Mother Russia.

If number 4: If Pence resigns before appointing a vice president, Ryan would become president.

If number 5: If Ryan becomes president, he should do the right thing and choose Clinton for vice president. Then he should resign.

Lessig doesn't even have the excuse of being uninformed w/r/t how the line of succession works, and he still thinks HRC would get to be President if Trump goes down

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Trump's reaction to Fire and Fury – The US publisher of Fire and Fury brought publication forward in defiance of an attempt by Donald Trump’s lawyers to try to shut it down"

Telegraph:

Police under pressure to reopen investigation into 'Black Cab rapist' John Worboys

Independent:

After Barraud.

The i paper:

Times:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Zesty posted:

Man, those are some nice tee shirts. Sounds like they got all the soul bro, don't know what you talking about :smug:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
lol the Brits got caught up in the joke that Trump watches a Gorilla channel 17 hours a day.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

I dunno honestly

There are a lot of people out there who appear to view Trump's removal as an ultimate goal, apparently under the impression that his entire administration goes down with him, and we get, like, a do-over of the election or something

SEE: http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-president-lawrence-lessig-post-686077

Lessig doesn't even have the excuse of being uninformed w/r/t how the line of succession works, and he still thinks HRC would get to be President if Trump goes down

I'm still not sure if this whole article was a big joke. Lessig is a crackpot, but this line is hilarious to me:

Larry Lessig posted:

Without doubt, if Ryan did the right thing, that would be the most extraordinary event in the history of America since the Confederate Army fired on Fort Sumter.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ultimately, I've decided that "love the sinner, hate the sin" is a valid argument, but it's based on the premise that acting on homosexual orientations is a sin, so the only way to defeat it is to attack the premise. Traditional Christian theology says that sin is a self-destructive state that people need to be saved from because it hurts themselves as much as others. Greed, pride, anger, all the others make it so you are unable to relate to others while hurting them as well. So I'm not in favor of the argument that "you're a sinner, too, so how can you judge others?" You're supposed to show compassion for others and help them overcome their sins. The bottom line, though, is that there's no reason to believe being gay and acting on it hurts the self or others, while the doctrine of homosexuality as sin has led to thousands of people dying of hate crimes, war, and suicide. And since a bad tree can't bear good fruit and a good tree can't bear bad fruit, it's clear which of those is a sin.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Zesty posted:

I'm very concerned about the souls of these people. If only someone could convince them that Noah's ark was really big...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

loquacius posted:

Ok, but how many dominos have to fall before Bernie becomes president?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Speaking of Garrison's depiction of Bannon..

Emphasis Garrison's posted:

If one types “Bannon cartoon” into a search engine, a great many very negative images will be presented, mostly showing an evil Steve Bannon dominating an incompetent President Trump.

Bannon is shown helping Trump into a Nazi Uniform. There’s one showing Bannon wearing a Nazi armband as he winds up Trump. Another shows Bannon as a puppeteer controlling the president. Bannon is also shown as a dark lord, representing the ideological force driving the Trump presidency, and the leftist cartoonists portray it as racism, the KKK, white supremacy, Nazism and other nonsense. Time Magazine called Bannon the second most powerful man in the world.

The lefty cartoonists’ abhorrence for Bannon only made me like him. After all, he was Chief Strategist in the Trump administration and he was there to help expedite the policies that would ‘Make America Great Again.’ I drew a couple of cartoons cartoons that praised Bannon. When he left the Trump administration and returned to his duties at Breitbart, I thought he had left intentionally in order to better push back against Trump’s critics, thereby helping the president pass his agenda. One of my cartoons appeared in our grrrgraphics 2018 calendar, showing Bannon based on a ‘release the kraken’ theme.

Naturally I’m very disappointed to hear about Bannon’s sharp criticism of the president and his collaboration with a lefty author who will release a book of rumors that trashes Trump, his family, and his administration. I thought for sure it was more fake news from the left, but Bannon has yet to deny that collaboration. I’ve also read that Bannon was fired after it was discovered that he was the source of leaks on the Trump team.

Apparently Bannon harbored resentment over the firing. He also did not get along with others—especially Ivanka and Kushner. He perhaps thought there was undo influence by the Goldman Sachs men in Trump’s administration. I’m not too happy about that either, but let’s remember that Bannon also worked for Goldman Sachs. Bannon pushed for Roy Moore’s election to the senate while Trump wanted another candidate. Bannon convinced Trump to support Moore, who lost.

Trump does not like to lose and Bannon’s failure could only have strained their working relationship still further.
What’s most disturbing is how easily a former MAGA ally can blithely stab President Trump in the back—especially when the president has had great success in 2017.

Say it ain’t so, Mr. Bannon.

–Ben Garrison

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jurgan posted:

I'm still not sure if this whole article was a big joke. Lessig is a crackpot, but this line is hilarious to me:
I think what made me laugh most is the very next sentence:

quote:

"But unlike that, this event would build the union, not divide it."

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

California is releasing prisoners because the state Supreme Court ordered them to do so years ago -- because their prisons were ludicrously overcrowded, and they did nothing to fix that. Prop 57 also approved of more leeway for early release of nonviolent offenders.
Not that prison overcrowding is a good thing but to be fair there was a spike in certain crimes after the releases.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Trogdos! posted:

Speaking of Garrison's depiction of Bannon..

“My two fascist daddies are fighting and I don’t like it :qq:” - Zyklon Ben

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Garrison posted:

racism, the KKK, white supremacy, Nazism and other nonsense.

Careful Ben, your patreon followers might read this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

the_steve posted:

Prez, VP, House boss, Senate boss, then each of the Secretaries by chronological order of the creation of their department (so in order State, Treasury, Defense, Justice, Interior, and so on). If you reach past the Secretary of Homeland Security because all these guys are ineligible for some reason or other, I think you'll get a severe crisis and no choice but to hold new elections.

Grrrison! posted:

undo influence
FirstGarrison's Alt-Right shift, now the Ctrl-Z?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

FirstGarrison's Alt-Right shift, now the Ctrl-Z?

Well played.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

itskage posted:

Well played.

Well, he is a keyboard warrior! :haw:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the_steve posted:

Same plan would work, it just depends how right a thing Paul Ryan is prepared to do :v:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zyklon Ben posted:

Bannon pushed for Roy Moore’s election to the senate while Trump wanted another candidate. Bannon convinced Trump to support Moore, who lost.

Trump does not like to lose and Bannon’s failure could only have strained their working relationship still further.
Donald Trump cannot fail, he can only be failed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bennett is still dropping bon mots like every boomer in every blue state

I do appreciate the special cameo from Gerald of Ramirez fame

You can see him over on the right, not quite working up the strength of will necessary to finish opening that door

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The most kawaii Bannon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Who's the smoking brain supposed to be?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"Whoa my premiums have tripled."
"A big-fat layoff???"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Thank God Trump saved the Carnie industry.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't wait for Delonas to either retire or die so I don't have to look at his art style anymore.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reminder that the Big Fat Bonus that right wing poo poo heads are crowing about is from AT&T and applies to unionized employees who fought for it as part of their yearly contract even before the tax bill was a thing so it had nothing to do it with it while they are laying off non-unionized employees again despite that job creating tax cut

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I also enjoy how since things didn't immediately go straight to hell the instant Trump signed it, Pelosi is just crazy to think this tax cut is a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The funniest thing about the Republican treatment of the tax bill is probably how much they have made of the Democrats wanting to give everyone "free stuff" for the last ten years