Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

FirstAidKite posted:

No.

I am putting my foot down.

I know that I stream awful games but there is absolutely nothing I could ever do to make a stream even the least bit entertaining if I'm using a game that is so unabashedly shameless in its gloating about its own pedophilia.

Should've more strongly worded your refusal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

He arms look like they would reach her ankles if she stood straight with them at her sides.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

He arms look like they would reach her ankles if she stood straight with them at her sides.

this thread worked out that those aren't her arms, she's sitting on your face and those are your arms and hands and her hands are on your shoulders

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

The White Dragon posted:

this thread worked out that those aren't her arms, she's sitting on your face and those are your arms and hands and her hands are on your shoulders

Aw, that's not as fun to laugh at.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where were all of you guys the first time that pic got posted and I felt super dumb because I was the only one seeing fatal frame's long armed ghost in that pic :P

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No that's what I was seeing as well and I was trying to figure out why her forearms were swole and her upper arms were weedy.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

That's obviously the wrong LOL icon, and hopefully they will patch in the correct one at some point. :lol:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

FirstAidKite posted:

Where were all of you guys the first time that pic got posted and I felt super dumb because I was the only one seeing fatal frame's long armed ghost in that pic :P

I suspect that a dating sim about dating long armed ghosts would handle its subject matter with considerably more maturity.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

I suspect that a dating sim about dating long armed ghosts would handle its subject matter with considerably more maturity.

Well yeah, maturity is the opposite of what the audience for these games wants.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Sundae posted:

It's the simulator you've all been waiting for. http://store.steampowered.com/app/658600/Lawnmower_Game/

Oh my god, this game has the hands-down whiniest review on Steam:

And this is just part of the review. It goes on for paragraphs and paragraphs about how much Jim Sterling sucks for doing a video on this game and getting his review downvoted. This is AMAZING.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

She's an Uranguutan

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Merrill Grinch posted:

Oh my god, this game has the hands-down whiniest review on Steam:

And this is just part of the review. It goes on for paragraphs and paragraphs about how much Jim Sterling sucks for doing a video on this game and getting his review downvoted. This is AMAZING.

Some people just NEED validation from strangers on the internet.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Wamdoodle posted:

Some people just NEED validation from strangers on the internet.

Now I'm imagining being stuck at a party with a guy who lives only for steam review upvotes and I think I have fifteen cancers.

Also poo poo my post is in the thread title, neat.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Cicadas! posted:

She's an Uranguutan

Yes, very good.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Toffile is still alive? Gah

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cicadas! posted:

She's an Uranguutan

She has no style
She has no grace
This waifu has
A funny face

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

She has no style
She has no grace
This waifu has
A funny face

PRE-K
LOLI CONNN
PRE-K
SOMEONE CALL THE COPS

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 7, 2018

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

gj goons:

(should I get 7 days to die?)

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 8, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i see this surprisingly a lot, maybe there's just about 666 regulars in games :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:thunk:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Gynovore posted:

So basically a ripoff of Megatokyo... but with adult content!!!

Megatokyo was already heavily influenced by visual novels like CLANNAD.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Relax, we understand j/o

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I was relaxed until you started talking about understanding Jews, now I'm a little worried about where this is going.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Megatokyo was already heavily influenced by visual novels like CLANNAD.

Was CLANNAD the one every VN-nerd claimed was the greatest VN ever but that totally looked like rear end? Well, it certainly looks weird, that´s for sure. Also 45$?! wtf?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mr.Misfit posted:

Was CLANNAD the one every VN-nerd claimed was the greatest VN ever but that totally looked like rear end? Well, it certainly looks weird, that´s for sure. Also 45$?! wtf?

I think Higurashi is the one you're probably thinking of. It has a very well written story but the graphics look like bad MS Paint in a lot of it.

Clannad was super popular when the anime version came out and is considered a classic, but yeah it's also pretty ugly.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr.Misfit posted:

Was CLANNAD the one every VN-nerd claimed was the greatest VN ever but that totally looked like rear end? Well, it certainly looks weird, thats for sure. Also 45$?! wtf?

VNs are stupid expensive because only ultranerds buy them and ultranerds are happy to overpay for dumb bullshit

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Improbable Lobster posted:

VNs are stupid expensive because only ultranerds buy them and ultranerds are happy to overpay for dumb bullshit

Translation isn't cheap, pal

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Also, Japanese nerd companies choose to target a small subset of nerds instead of broadening their customer base, so you get stuff like cheaply-made VNs sold for AAA (or at least AA) game prices.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Also, Japanese nerd companies choose to target a small subset of nerds instead of broadening their customer base, so you get stuff like cheaply-made VNs sold for AAA (or at least AA) game prices.

I've read some stuff about how the whole VN industry is trying to get out of a unsustainable spiral. Apparently sales have been dropping in Japan due to economic reasons (as usual, Millennials are killing stuff because they don't have money) and market over-saturation, which leads to studios raising prices and releasing stuff with less content because they don't have as much money in their budgets, which leads to further drops in sales. According to some stuff I saw a while back a widely popular release 10-20 years ago, would sell something like 20-30,000 units, but now 10,000 units is considered a big success and many studios have trouble selling half that amount.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They should ask the American comic book industry for tips!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
that’s what you get for catering to creeps.

they should’ve stuck to train murder mysteries and cyberpunk novels.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

that’s what you get for catering to creeps.

they should’ve stuck to train murder mysteries and cyberpunk novels.

Weren't you reading? It's because millenials =bad

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

It's because of that drat fluoride in the water!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The animes are turning millennials gay.

swissmercenary
Nov 28, 2012

gentlemen, shall we?
player battlegrounds unknown or whatever that poo poo is called.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

McSpanky posted:

They should ask the American comic book industry for tips!

*snrkt*

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Your lonely dad has not dated for 3 years. You convince him to try a computer dating service. Unfortunately for him his date is actually a serial killer. Can you save your dad and escape with your life?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey that sounds like a neat setup for a horror gam-oh

oh

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Wait, when does the sexy serial killer show up?

That title is objectively inaccurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I swear to loving God the last time that game showed up it had a completely different premise